** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Liverpool v Real Madrid > Wednesday October 22nd

Re: Liverpool v Real Madrid > Wednesday October 22nd They say that you make more money by going against the consensus! However in this instance I have to agree with the majority. Liverpool, do not defend well and if there is ever a team that is going to take advantage of that, it is Real. Even with a "weakened" team, i cannot see them having too much trouble here. Think the price is very fair. Agree that overs look really good too!!

Re: Liverpool v Real Madrid > Wednesday October 22nd I'll echo mostly what's been said above, but yeah, Liverpool has definitely not been in top form for most of this year. They are obviously missing a few very critical players from last year's side. Coutinho and Sterling are dangerous, pacey players, but no way can they be counted on to form the attack. Liverpool will not be playing a very aggressive, high line here, I think they need to do their best to keep possession, and stay well situated defensively in their form so as not to allow Real to run right over them. Which is exactly what I expect them to do to be quite honest. Even without Bale, they'll be just fine. Jese and Isco were revelations for this squad last year and now have barely hit the pitch. Kroos and Modric have been fantastic, so even without Alonso, they've done quite well linking the ball from defense to the attack. They are deadly on the counter. Now, there are concerns of course. 1-Liverpool will play better at Anfield, I expect a hugely excited crowd there tonight in one of their biggest matches in years. 2-El Classico this weekend will certainly be on the forefront of every RM player 3-A number of defensive players unavailable could spell trouble if someone gets in card trouble, or a knock, or Marcello just runs out of steam. But all in all, I do smell a comfortable RM win here. Always a bit unsettling backing an away favorite in CL play, but RM is just the class here and in top form. Liverpool still have some work to do to get into their best form. BIG BET on Real Madrid -116 for me today :cheers:

Re: Liverpool v Real Madrid > Wednesday October 22nd

I'm too tired to write any deeper analysis about this pick, but I think this could be a hidden gem out of today's CL games. Alberto Moreno was rested and didn't take part in Liverpool's 3:2 win over QPR this Sunday. He was rested deliberately for tonight's Real Madrid game. Moreno has started 6 EPL games this season and has been booked in half of those. He's started 4 games in all competitions at Anfield this season and has been booked in half of those. Moreno's first booking came when Liverpool visited Tottenham. Moreno made a tactical foul on Andros Townsend, cause the fast Brit managed to dribble past him: efe936c4891e075bbf72ab488fdb5751.gif Second time Moreno got booked was at Anfield when Liverpool hosted Sunderland. Moreno made a late tackle/tactical foul on Kieran Richardson: 1d8dac9507c68c795dc9abacc0fe72a5.gif Third time when Moreno got booked was when Liverpool hosted Everton. Moreno made a late tackle/tactical foul on Romelu Lukaku: 83d9db5bb96e0c57f43d6de15034bc3b.gif Last season, Moreno played 46 games in all competitions and earned 9 yellows and 1 red card. The season before that, he played 14 games and earned 5 yellow cards. Well, obviously he is playing in a new league now, with a new manager and different referees, so the quantity of yellow cards he got before moving to England doesn't paint the whole picture. There's just too many variables to be considered when making any definitive conclusions about this matter. But based on his performances in the Premier League, I believe he is the type of player who reads the game well and knows his limits and knows when to make necessary tactical decisions. Moreno has played vs Real Madrid twice during his career. His first appearance against the La Liga giants was a few seasons back in February 2013, when Real Madrid hosted Sevilla at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium. Moreno entered the game after 70 minutes of play as a substitute. No yellow cards for him that time around though. The second time when Alberto Moreno played against Real Madrid was last season's October, when Real Madrid hosted Sevilla. Moreno played the whole match and earned a yellow card: 1eeaf6bfe8ab5e14987d22b6472e6022.gif Tonight from Alberto Moreno I'm personally hoping to see something similar to what we see on this last gif. Real Madrid on a fast break and Alberto Moreno with a late tackle/tactical foul. Alberto Moreno to be booked@2,90 in Unibet, medium stakes.
There was one tackle that could've been a yellow, when Moreno tackled James at around the 30 minute mark, but Real wasn't going forward at that moment, so the referee awarded a free kick only. Also Ronaldo didn't switch wings much, I guess with Bale on the pitch, the wing switch could've happened more often. Overall there wasn't much action at Moreno's area of the pitch in this game. James avoided going 1 vs 1 against him and tried to look for the smart pass instead. Bet lost. :(

Re: Liverpool v Real Madrid > Wednesday October 22nd

There was one tackle that could've been a yellow, when Moreno tackled James at around the 30 minute mark, but Real wasn't going forward at that moment, so the referee awarded a free kick only. Also Ronaldo didn't switch wings much, I guess with Bale on the pitch, the wing switch could've happened more often. Overall there wasn't much action at Moreno's area of the pitch in this game. James avoided going 1 vs 1 against him and tried to look for the smart pass instead. Bet lost. :(
Hard luck with this. He should have been booked in the first half, he was frustrated and just clattered the Madrid player. In the 2nd half Madrid were breaking and he actually tried one of his tactical fouls but was a millisecond too late and didn't make enough contact. Sent from my HTC One using PL Forum

Re: Liverpool v Real Madrid > Wednesday October 22nd Wow, what a display from R. Madrid. I don't think Liverpool were all bad, but they were just up against a great team playing terrific football. Similar to Roma versus Bayern. First half movement of ball and man was fantastic. Probably the best 1st half of soccer I have seen this season. Just incredible ! When you watch TV and it looks quick, it's much quicker live ! It was like tica-taca on steriods ! Ronaldo's goal was unreal, and Benzema made a difficult header look easy. Forget blaming Balotelli, because it ain't his fault. Liverpool were not allowed to play ... No disgrace losing to these guys ..... Bet won, and a 1st half display to live in the memory :)