Nap of the Day - Thursday 2nd Oct 2014

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 2nd Oct 2014 20.15 Kempton: My Mo @ 4/1 Bet365 Drops down to 6f after being piped on the line eight days ago. The trip wasn't an issue that day and won't be tomorrow. Whether six or seven furlongs, I think it doesn't make too much of a difference for this 2yo colt. He was pretty impressive in this latest run, incidentally his handicap debut. He didn't show anything in three maiden starts and was sent off a 50/1 no hoper. He had to overcome the widest draw in a 12 runner field and he did that nicely in fact. Obviously you need to use plenty of horse to make it from such a wide draw to the front before the bend in a big field, yet My Mo was travelling extremely well and kicked on from 2f out. He was put under pressure left and right but impressively pulled out more and more. Close to the line the eventual winner came on the wide outside to stay on and get the head in front on the line. I suspect that My Mo didn't see the horse coming and looked actually like doing enough to keep his head in front of the horses around him. He gets a massive chance to make amends, as he can race off the same mark again and he has a muck kinder draw this time. There are couple of unexposed horses in the field and that is always a worry, but it is proven fact for me that My Mo is a good deal better than a rating of 51. It also has to be noted that from a pedigree point of view he has it all going to be a decent 2yo sprinter over 6-7f.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.