** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rugby Union Tryscorer Bets

harry_rag

Re: Rugby Union Tryscorer Bets Tries from Nadolo and Sarto ensure this won't be the worst weekend in the last few weeks. 2 in the later Super Rugby games. Bulls v Force: Stegmann to score a try, 10 points at 9/2 with Skybet Sharks v Chiefs: Tamanivalu to score a try, 10 points at 9/2 with Skybet ?Edge of 14.1% in both cases.

Re: Rugby Union Tryscorer Bets Tries for both players in the last game make for a big swing in the results for the week. Could have been better still if I'd backed them the other way round as Bodilly scored later and twice. 4 winners from 14 bets for the weekend. Starting bank 1000 points Current bank 1431.8 points Total staked 4607 points Number of bets 450 Winning bets 79 Losing bets 371 Strike rate 17.56% Yield 9.37% Profit (or Loss) +431.8 points

Re: Rugby Union Tryscorer Bets Of the 431.8 points profit, spread bets have contributed 1 point with the remaining 430.8 coming from fixed odds. That's 152 spread bets with a strike rate of 15.13% and yield of 0.08% compared to 298 fixed odds with a strike rate of 18.79% and yield of 12.69% (20.31% to level stakes). Any views on the argument for persevering with the spread bets for a while longer versus ditching them and concentrating entirely on fixed odds? It certainly looks like the spread prices are more effective at finding value on the fixed odds than the other way round.

Re: Rugby Union Tryscorer Bets Thanks for that. I'd probably do that if the picks were automatic but as I review the shortlisted selections subjectively, I'd still have to do that to monitor the performance of the spreadbets, which means I'd still be doing the same amount of study to paper trade them. It feels like I either carry on backing them or stop looking at the potential bets thrown up by the system. I might carry on until there are 200 spread bets to consider but set a minimum target for the bets from now on, e.g. a 5% yield or I stop backing them.

Re: Rugby Union Tryscorer Bets Ulster v Cardiff: Ellis Jenkins to score a try, 5 points at 11/1 with PP Buy L Williams' try minutes for 1 point at 5 with SX Leinster v Glasgow: Kirchner to score a try, 5 points at 18/1 with Coral Edges of 31.7%, 51.8% and 294.2% (that last one is, unsuprisingly, a record)!

Re: Rugby Union Tryscorer Bets Cheers. His try and Tecklenburg's yesterday make for a reasonable weekend so far. Only got time to look at 2 or 3 games today so I'm prioritising them based on highest total points expectations. Bulls v Crusaders: Botha to score a try, 5 points at 17/2 with SX Nadolo to score a try, 20 points at 9/5 with PP Edges of 4.3% and 4.1%. Having an interest in the latter for 2 or more at 13/2 as well, given his strike rate.

Re: Rugby Union Tryscorer Bets With Nadolo making it 3 winners and Botha being a non runner I make it 81 points profit for the weekend with just the Sale v Gloucester game to look at today, which I'm going to do now. Barring a lot of losing bets on that game, it should end up being a profitable weekend!

Re: Rugby Union Tryscorer Bets No system bets but I'd recommend backing Braid anytime at 9/2 with SX. I also bought his try minutes at 9 but, as they're up to 10, I'd heavily favour fixed odds now. He's scored 10 tries in 30 starts in the Premiership for Sale, scoring in 9 of those games (i.e. has one brace). Next best price is 3/1. Have also had a small bet on him for first Sale tryscorer at 10/1 but the anytime price is the real value. They're out of line here and I think they've underestimated his tryscoring prospects.

Re: Rugby Union Tryscorer Bets 3 winners from 11 selections this week, for an 81 point profit as stated earlier. Starting bank 1000 points Current bank 1512.8 points Total staked 4706 points Number of bets 461 Winning bets 82 Losing bets 379 Strike rate 17.79% Yield 10.9% Profit (or Loss) +512.8 points Spreads are 4 points down now, fixed odds yield is 14.81% (22.67% to level stakes).

Re: Rugby Union Tryscorer Bets Another weekend rolls around, at least it's a long one! Hurricanes v Stormers: Perenara to score a try, 16 points at 13/4 with 365 Gibbins to score a try, 8 points at 11/2 with PP Kolbe to score a try, 8 points at 6/1 with Skybet Edges of 32%, 10.4% and 18.8%.

Re: Rugby Union Tryscorer Bets Brumbies v Cheetahs: Coleman to score a try, 17 points at 12/5 with PP Hendricks to score a try, 9 points at 9/2 with SX Le Roux to score a try, 9 points at 11/2 with Skybet Prinsloo to score a try, 9 points at 8/1 with PP Edges of 11%, 3.9%, 22.8% and 70%.

Re: Rugby Union Tryscorer Bets No winners yet but pressing on regardless! Dragons v Cardiff: Buy L Williams' try minutes for 1 point at 6 with SPIN Edge of 18.1%. He's 9 to buy with SPIN so the maximum difference of opinion. An ok bet on his career stats, an exceptional one based on this season's as he has scored 9 tries in his 15 starts in all competitions. Even if he won't be maintaining that sort of ratio in the long term this looks a fair bet at the very worst. (But then again, so did all the losing ones I've posted so far this weekend!) :)

Re: Rugby Union Tryscorer Bets Possibly the last game for now, may have time for 1 more. Sharks v Crusaders: Reinach to score a try, 8 points at 5/1 with Lads Coetzee to score a try, 8 points at 5/1 with Sportingbet or Lads Esterhuizen to score a try, 6 points at 7/1 with PP Nadolo to score a try, 20 points at 12/5 with Lads Todd to score a try, 6 points at 7/1 with PP Edges of 1.9% twice, 4.2%, 26.5% and 4.2%.

Re: Rugby Union Tryscorer Bets Never going to be a great weekend when your first "winner" is a try minute buy that still loses 1 point (Williams scored in the 5th minute) and you only find 1 tryscorer from 5 selections (Todd) in a game that saw 9 trys scored! 3 games to look at today, so will see if I can reduce the 150 points or so deficit rather than add to it.