** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Serie A TIM > Sunday September 14th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 14 September 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Cagliari v Atalanta (14:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Empoli v AS Roma (14:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Fiorentina v Genoa (14:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Hellas Verona v Palermo (14:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Internazionale v Sassuolo (14:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Juventus v Udinese (14:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Lazio v Cesena (14:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Napoli v Chievo (14:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Parma v AC Milan (14:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sampdoria v Torino (14:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.38[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.31 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Serie A TIM > Sunday September 14th Juventus vs Udinese – To Win To Nil Juventus @ 2.15 Marathonbet Juventus has turned their stadium in to a… fortress. Last year the record was the amazing 19-0-0 and in overall three years of it’s existence has lost only two times to Italian teams. Host begun new year with an away win to Chievo without conceiving goal, we expect them to do so also today against Udinese. Tevez is on the way to recover, maybe he will stay off in order to reach 100% physical level considering that next Tuesday Juventus is facing Malmo for the opening game of Champions League. My pick is Juventus to win to nil.

Re: Serie A TIM > Sunday September 14th Empoli V AS Roma AS Roma -0.75 @ 1.840 (Pinnacle) > 5% BR This game could be problematic for Empoli as their playing style will potentially play into Roma's hands. Empoli coach Maurizio Sarri loves a high pressing game, attacking in numbers when in the opposition half whilst also deploying the offside trap. This confident and gung-ho approach ultimately proved successful at Serie B level but in Serie A it's a different kettle of fish. Empoli's main weakness is that they get caught high up the pitch too often and have proved vulnerable to decent countering sides over the past couple of seasons. Sarri has showed little sign, if any, of adapting his philosophy thus far and so logic suggests Empoli will continue with their standard methodology for this encounter. Any radical departure from their classic playing style would probably be quite uncomfortable for a team with so many young players. I wont bang on about Roma, a lot of people here on the Italian boards are Roma supporters and are already very knowledgeable but I will make a couple of quick points. Roma are very strong on the counter with quick attacking players and strong through ball attacks, just the sort of dynamics that would come in useful against this Empoli side. I just don't see how Empoli can play their usual game and survive against this type of opposition. Obviously the experience and quality gap is also very wide here so really Empoli will have to be at their very best + get the rub of the green if they are to take something from this game, basically a lot weighs against them. Let me make it clear that I am not at all being complacent with this selection, Empoli are in this division on merit and only suffered 2 defeats on their own turf in 2013/2014. Despite this I think their clash with Roma will come with a very steep learning curve and if the home side conceed the first goal relatively early then there is the potential for a cricket score here. Normally I do not like taking short priced favourites on minus handicaps but I feel the dynamics are right here for such a speculation. I was looking at this bet yesterday but wanted 1.80 for Roma -0.75 line in order to pull the trigger, price got bigger overnight and during today so -0.75 line @ 1.84 is worth a go imo.

Re: Serie A TIM > Sunday September 14th So we managed to record some profit on the half win and Roma get the job done but not the goal feast required for optimal returns. Unfortunately I didn't manage to see the game, did anyone catch it? what happened? I noticed from the stats that Gervinho and Iturbe were benched.

Re: Serie A TIM > Sunday September 14th Sampdoria - Torino X @ 3.20 Tipico Stake 5/10 This is a very equilibrated match, Sampdoria playing offensive game with three forward Eder, Gabbiadini, Okaka. The coach of the Torino is a very master of tactics and have a good defense and very fast counter-attack. For me the draw is very possible. SAMPDORIA (4-3-3): Viviano; De Silvestri, Gastaldello, Silvestre, Cacciatore; Soriano, Palombo, Obiang; Gabbiadini, Okaka, Eder A disp.: Da Costa, Romero, Romagnoli, Mesbah, Rizzo, Krsticic, Bergessio, Duncan, Sansone, Marchionni, Fedato. All.: Mihajlovic TORINO (5-3-2): Padelli; Maksimovic, Bovo, Glik, Moretti, Molinaro; Nocerino, Vives, El Kaddouri: Quagliarella, Larrondo. A disp. Gillet, Castellazzi, Darmian, Jansson, Gaston Silva, Bruno Peres, Benassi, Gazzi, Sanchez Mino, Amauri, Martinez. All. Ventura.

Re: Serie A TIM > Sunday September 14th Roma can count themselves pretty fortunate that Empoli didn't have the class required to put them away. It was quite uninspiring from Roma on the whole, which could well be a sign of things to come with matches around their new CL fixtures. Maicon did have two chances to score which would have meant an even more flattering scoreline. Manolas does look like a decent replacement for Benatia though.

Re: Serie A TIM > Sunday September 14th Cagliari v Atalanta - under 2.5 goals @ Marathon Bet 2.24 Last season, of 20 teams in the league, these two were ranked low on the over/under table. Cagliari were 19th with 2.29 average per match and Atalanta were 16th with only 2.47 They come off 1-1 and 0-0 respectively last week and I don't know why overs are favorite here? In their last 6 head to head fixtures, only one match went over 2.5 goals Cagliari are a tough team to beat on their island and this match has a good chance of being a war of attrition with few (if any) goals. For added safety, under 3.0 goals is priced @ 1.70 at Pinnacle. How often do we see under 3 priced @ 1.70 in Italy? Good luck!

Re: Serie A TIM > Sunday September 14th Italy Serie A: Cagliari - Atalanta New Cagliari coach Zdenek Zeman will doubtless be pleased with an opening day point at Sassuolo, both teams on the scoresheet will probably be a common occurence under the attack minded Zeman, who is highly unlikely to divert from his beloved 4-3-3 under any circumstances. He has named a very attack minded squad today , boosted by the return of star player Victor Ibarbo who was sidelined last week, he is very strong and unbelievably quick and very much a footballer to thrive under Zeman. So too is Marco Sau, he scored just once in his first 13 starts last season, but is already off the mark this time round and has provided an assist in two of his last three starts against Atalanta. Hosts will be without defensive midfielder Sebastian Eriksson who has been very injury prone since arriving from IFK and he looks set to miss another couple of months, but are otherwise in good shape. This is the third season running that Cagliari have started their home campaign against the team from Bergamo, two years ago this ended 1-1 and last season the hosts edged home 2-1 and a home win with both scoring again seems a very likely outcome and is available at circa 4.0. Atalanta look a little weaker this season having sold Andrea Consigli, Marko Livaja and Giacomo Bonaventura, although Alejandro Gomez from Metalist Kharkiv has been brought in as a direct replacement for the latter, they are missing a few, now largely fringe players, but given how Zemen and the hosts will play, perhaps experienced central defender Guglielmo Stendardo will be missed most, they have won just 2 from 13 (8 defeats) when he plays 30 minutes or less and that record is far worse on the road when they are 0-1-6 in his absence. 1.25 units Cagliari -0.25 ball 2.02 asian line/Sportmarket. Cagliari : Colombi ,Cragno,Avelar, Balzano, Benedetti, Capuano, Ceppitelli, Murru, Pisano, Rossettini,Capello, Conti, Crisetig, Dessena, Donsah, Ekdal, Joao Pedro, Caio Rangel, Cossu, Farias, Ibarbo, Longo, Sau. Atalanta: Avramov,Baselli,Benalouane,Bianchi,Biava,Boakye,Carmona,Cherubin,Cigarini,D’Alessandro,Del Grosso,Denis,Dramé,Estigarribia,Frezzolini,Gomez,Grassi,Migliaccio,Molina,Moralez,Raimondi,Scaloni,Sportiello,Zappacosta

Re: Serie A TIM > Sunday September 14th The stats concerning Cagliari don't mean much since Zdenek Zeman is the coach there this season. He has a rather radical approach to football, especially how games are played in Italy, hence why the overs are faved here. (I have a hunch you already know this, so I don't know what I am missing?) It doesn't mean I'm against your suggestion. Myself I could see myself having a go at Cagliari over 1.5 , this makes sense only if you took it early, haven't checked the market for 24 hours , but I suspect it is too late now. Their opener was a strange game and quite odd that it didn't go over.

Re: Serie A TIM > Sunday September 14th Parma - Milan Milan to win @ 2.56 Marathonbet Parma has an impressive home record without losing 12 out of 13 last games there.Yet they made a disappointing start by losing to Cesena and also have to deal with management issues as the president first stated that he leaves the club after 8 years and after tried to take it back by saying everybody was upset from the loss from Cesena. Milan on the other hand made an impressive start by winning Lazio 3-1 and showed that this year under the instructions of Pippo Inzaghi they can do better than last year. El Shaarawy looks like he is ready to play the best football in his career so far and Torres looks forward to making his debut as a ''rossoneri''.