** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers > Sunday September 14th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers (16:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]13[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.25 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers > Sunday September 14th i think qpr are perfect whipping boys here. man utd simply have to get going now. they've got the new signings and two weeks to prepare for this match. they can not afford to lose more points and i expect they will win this game 4-0 or 5-0 and falcao to score two goals.

Re: Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers > Sunday September 14th We'll see about United......signings look all great on paper but I'm not overly impressed.....Falcao will just have to replace one of Van Persie or Rooney in the line-up so no biggie there. Cant play all 3. Di Maria and Mata were in midfield last week, and United just cannot fit all these players into their best roles. Gonna be interesting to watch. Not forgetting they dont seem to have addressed the defence and centre-mid with anyone of the quality I thought they would. Blind is some utility player who can fill in here and there. Rojo is average. QPR look quite poor but I can see another stutter for United....but a win....Id say 2-0 in a blah performance.

Re: Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers > Sunday September 14th

.Falcao will just have to replace one of Van Persie or Rooney in the line-up so no biggie there. Cant play all 3.
I'd rather push one of the quality players out into a wide role. Even if it's not their natural position, it's got to be a better option than Valencia, Nani or Young :cry

I'd rather push one of the quality players out into a wide role. Even if it's not their natural position' date=' it's got to be a better option than Valencia, Nani or Young :cry[/quote'] Good insight..... totally agree, TotoSchillaci.. The problem is that United are now over-loaded with left-side players. So who replaces Valencia? The only candidate would be Rafael - a good attacking "wing-back", but a liability when it comes to serious defending. In any case, he is currently injured, with no projected return date. It would be a waste of talent to put Di Maria on the right side.... (a) he is naturally left-footed, and (b) he would be better employed behind the strikers, providing assists and scoring the occasional goal himself. So, Young looks the best of a bad lot - OK, he is a total tw*t, but he is right-footed and does double-back to help the defence. He has previously been used on the left side, but is so predictable, as he invariably cuts inside to use his right foot, rather than trying to beat the full-back on the left and provide a cross. If you tried to put Rooney as right wing-back, he would simply throw a strop. But, I am sure LvG will sort it out ;)

Re: Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers > Sunday September 14th Source : William Hill Opta Stats Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers

• The Red Devils have won 10 and lost none of their 12 previous Barclays Premier League meetings with QPR.
  • Queens Park Rangers have not kept a clean sheet against Man Utd since September 1992, when they drew 0-0 at Old Trafford in the first ever Premier League meeting.
  • Since that stalemate, Manchester United have won five consecutive home league games against the Londoners.
  • The R's have only won one of 21 previous away league games against Man Utd (D3 L17); winning 4-1 in January 1992.
  • Two points from three games is Manchester United's worst start since 2007-08 (also two points from three games). That season, they won the league and Champions League.
  • Richard Dunne could make his 400th Premier League start in this game; he would become only the 22nd player to reach the milestone.
  • Since 2009-10, Falcao has scored 104 goals in 139 league apps (for Porto, A.Madrid & Monaco combined).
  • Harry Redknapp's side have had just two shots fewer than Chelsea this season, but have scored 10 fewer goals (one goal from 33 shots).
  • The Red Devils have entered September with only two competitions to compete for the first time since 1962/63, when they only entered the league and the FA Cup.
  • Only three Premier League players (Sturridge, Bony, Sterling) have had more shots at goal than Steven Caulker this season (seven, six headed).

Re: Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers > Sunday September 14th Just a few early thoughts, as I haven't placed any bets and will more than likely pass this match, but.... I don't buy the whole Falcao will just replace one of Rooney or RvP. Yes, more than likely they will sit RvP (injuries) or Rooney (rest, heavy workload) to play Falcao, but it was just a few years back when United boasted the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez and Berbatov and yet seemed to find a way to start all four of them in certain fixtures. And United seemed to have pretty decent success with it. Great players can fit in with other great players, I firmly believe this to be true. Sure, there is ego involved and a player may not play in his 'preferred' slot but they should be able to make it work out. Truth be told, United has had issues with RvP playing up top with whomever else, be it Welbeck, Rooney, Chicharito. They are constantly running over each others runs and makes for sloppy interplay. United no longer have to worry about this with Welbeck and Chicharito out, and I do believe that VanGaal can make a lineup that will allow for him to get his best players on the pitch at the same time when need be. This, however is not a fixture that United should need everyone out there. I do expect it take a few weeks/months for all new players to get aligned and the best formation to be thrown together. As a United supporter, I am actually most interested in seeing Rojo out there, as he will add a dimension United has not really seen since Evra was at his best years back maybe. I expect this match to be sloppy again, and am not at all convinced at United's defense, but they certainly should be good to attack. I have a hard time seeing United keeping a clean sheet here - I do not think this will be a 4-0, 5-0 drubbing, but it certainly can be a comfortable win, maybe 3-1, or even 2-1 with loads of possession and chances. This is without a doubt a must win for Van Gaal, I don't buy the fact he is going to keep begging for more and more time for his system, considering they've lost against Swansea at OT and lost points against Burnley already. They need all 3 here, and should get it, I'm just not willing to lay such steep odds on an unproven team with possibly 3 first time starters.

Re: Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers > Sunday September 14th Woah this isn't an official pick or anything but i'm strongly considering backing QPR on this one. I'm not at all impressed with United this or last season, i think they've just got too much talent and are not really sure what to do with it. While chances of QPR are extremely small to win here the price seems about right. And United lost to MK Dons lol, yes it was a B squad but still, i think it should be worth a shot for a small amount. I do agree to a degree that QPR would be perfect whipping boys for United to pick up but they've had their chances against weak teams this season and they didn't take'em. So we'll see. I'll wait till tomorrow to decide, United fans will probably hammer the odds on United so QPR should rise a little :)

Re: Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers > Sunday September 14th 5pts Over 2.5 goals 7/10 Boylesports United have made some excellent looking signings and now is the time for them to kick on this season. Importantly they have addressed some of their defensive issues with the signings of Rojo and Blind and that could make a real difference. I expect United to win this and win it with a bit in hand. QPR will give it a go though and may even find the net themselves but they look sluggish at the back so I see a few goals being scored here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-utd-vs-qpr-betting-new-signings-can-lead-to-lots-of-goals-at-old-trafford

Re: Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers > Sunday September 14th Chancing Caulker anytime scorer at 17.0. United May field a few players who aren't used to playing together yet and that could cause them some uncertainty defending set pieces. Caulker has popped up with goals in the past, though not for QPR yet. Could get a chance from a corner and take advantage.

Re: Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers > Sunday September 14th OK my gut feel is United field their whole battalion of overpriced acquisitions (including Herrera in the middle) and come out swinging wildly in a last gasp attempt to reclaim some respect. But they haven't had enough time together as a complete unit and might step on each others toes. Man U in this particular one will be like a V12 with the pedal to the floor that can't quite take off. There's so much power in the car but the tires keep spinning wildly and only half the power is able to get transferred to the ground/tires. However I think a clumsy, desperate performance will be enough to get over QPR here. Di Maria is the best guy there for mine. He's so cunning and can see things that others can't. I can see a 2-0, 3-1 here. But I won't expect to see the 4-0 arm chair victories from United yet where you never sweat for the whole 90 mins. No bet.

Re: Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers > Sunday September 14th Both Teams To Score - 2.30 - Boylesports Was looking at over 2.5 goals but the best price was 1.67! so i was thinking BTTS price would be around 1.90/2.00 so 2.30 is good. I will be pretty gobsmacked if Man Utd dont score with the world class attacking talent in there team but there defence is still average and will continue leaking goals throughout the season and QPR have a decent attack so should score. I believe Smalling and Jones are out which will probably them even shakier in defence and Rojo, Blind and Shaw making debuts they will be nervous and could make some mistakes, as a totally rough estimate in my head i'd say Man U are 90% to score and QPR 60%, I think with Hoilett and Phillips they will be dangerous on the counter with Barton and Mutchs' good range of passing, also Caulker is a big threat on set pieces.

Re: Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers > Sunday September 14th I don't think you can put 6 new players on the pitch and expect them to gel. Shaw, Falcao, Blind, Herrera, Rojo, di Maria. It's asking a bit much for free flowing great football. QPR know this and will attempt to hold out. I think United will struggle to a win here, but I don't think they will be near special today. Just to many bits and pieces coming together. Kind of like the HT draw FT United win for a small bet at 4.6 on betvictor.

Re: Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers > Sunday September 14th Last Team Goalscorer - Radamel Falcao @2.87 (Bet365) 6 points Last Goalscorer - Radamel Falcao @4.00 (Bet365) 3 points Struggling to find a huge amount of value in this game, United seem very short, but as mentioned by others above, there are too many variables here to be too confident on 1X2s and goals markets are looking short for overs too. With the team sheets out and Falcao on the bench, It seems highly likely that RVP or Rooney will be replaced by Falcao at some point, with Falcao playing ST and the remaining player dropping behind or supporting him. Just my opinion, but I think he will be the biggest threat from United in the last 25-30 minutes , when QPR are likely to be tired. Whether you go for last team goalscorer or last goalscorer is up to you really, but I do see there being value and LVG certainly wanting this marquee signing to make an impact at old trafford rather than coming on for the last 5 minutes...

Re: Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers > Sunday September 14th Weak opposition, but that was the best United performance since Ferguson retired. Still look shaky at the back, Evans/Blackett are a liability, but Rojo, Di Maria, Blind and Herrera look like brilliant signings. I hope he sticks with today's formation too, it worked really well. We will learn a lot more when they meet a good side though, QPR are shocking.

I hope he sticks with today's formation too' date=' it worked really well. We will learn a lot more when they meet a good side though, QPR are shocking.[/quote'] The 4-4-2 diamond really suits the players Man Utd now have and I thought they were a lot more balanced today. Credit to Van Gaal for being flexible and making the change. The 3-5-2 has looked horrible in the premier league every time I've seen it deployed, no matter which team uses it.

The 4-4-2 diamond really suits the players Man Utd now have and I thought they were a lot more balanced today. Credit to Van Gaal for being flexible and making the change. The 3-5-2 has looked horrible in the premier league every time I've seen it deployed' date=' no matter which team uses it.[/quote'] It worked really well. What do you think the best 11 is with that formation? I am thinking De Gea.... Rafael, Jones, Rojo, Shaw....... Herrera, Blind, Di Maria..... Rooney in behind RVP and Falcao. Just have a feeling he will sacrifice Mata to play all 3 big names up top.

It worked really well. What do you think the best 11 is with that formation? I am thinking De Gea.... Rafael, Jones, Rojo, Shaw....... Herrera, Blind, Di Maria..... Rooney in behind RVP and Falcao. Just have a feeling he will sacrifice Mata to play all 3 big names up top.
I thought the midfield today was perfect with Blind holding flanked by Herrera and Di Maria with Mata in the hole, perhaps Rooney as the no.10 maybe even better as he has stronger defensive contribution which I personally prefer. Maybe we'll see Mata more in the bread and butter games at Old Trafford and then Rooney no. 10 in the big games. I don't know enough about Rojo to comment on him as potential long term centre-back partner for Jones although I know he can play there. The last key piece of the Utd puzzle is now getting a stable centre-back partner for Jones but once that is done then team looks very nice and well balanced. Edit: Rafael looked good at RB today, him and Shaw would be my choice for full-backs in a flat back 4.

I can see a 2-0, 3-1 here. But I won't expect to see the 4-0 arm chair victories from United yet where you never sweat for the whole 90 mins. No bet.
Well, wrong on that one! :lol Now if they can find a couple more quality defenders in January, they can go places. Bxgj8yaIMAIa06T.jpgBxhyKq4IAAAKFqF.jpg