** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th Saw City v Toon and City v Liverpool. They won these two matches but had plenty of vulnerable moments where their opponents could've taken advantage. Newcastle weren't good enough to take advantage despite good attacking periods, and Liverpool just weren't prolific enough on the day. The Stoke match isn't relevant because it was a "two tight banks of 4" job for 90 mins where they dug themselves a trench and held on through 90 mins. Albeit scoring a good counter attack into open space. This will be Arsenal coming at City so therefore presenting them with the same opportunities that Newcastle and Liverpool afforded them so you'd really expect City to net at least once. The difference however, is that I think Arsenal one way or another, will be able to punish City in their moments of weakness unlike those other two opponents. The City defence has been pulling off a few lucky escapes the last few matches and I expect it to average out here. The defensive side of their game still need to develop and form throughout the season and it's still too early to be at its best. I'm not betting this game (may scalp in-play) and haven't seen prices but maybe BTTS could be a strong selection as both teams won't accept being the reactive team here, they both want to win and will both want to control the match. I see this as being two prize fighters trying to land the knockout blow. Why play for a draw this early when they've both already dropped points?

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th

Some Premiership games from last season : Tottenham 1 Man City 5 Man City 6 Arsenal 3 Man City 4 Man Utd 1 Man City 6 Tottenham 0 Chelsea 6 Arsenal 0 Liverpool 5 Arsenal 1 that's just a few examples, there were plenty of others involving both sides were one of them scored 4+ goals. So I've picked out what I consider the best value bets for goals. Over 3.5 goals 9/4 (SpreadEx) standout price 2/1 at best elsewhere. AUQ at 10.5 (betfair) - cracking price this.
So you quote a grand total of 1 City away game and 0 Arsenal home games. Brilliant work.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th A few things here. 1) Nobody expected city to lose at home and be blanked by Stoke. Essentially Stoke provide every league manager and analysis team with the perfect blue print on how to keep city quiet. 2) Arsenal may have had their problems defensively on the road, but at home they are more than decent. They have conceded more than 1 goal in a home league game just once (Swansea 2-2) in 19 games. Of these 19 games, 11 were clean sheets. 3) CIty are tough defensively on the road. They have 6 clean sheets in 10 away games. In 5 of these games, the game finished under 2.5 goals (only a 0-3 win at Man United broke this pattern) 4) This fixture does not produce goals. 7 of the last 8 of this fixture finished under 2.5 goals. 5) Arsenal will be better in the 1st half of these big games. Last season they had some terrible starts to big games. I think they will be much improved . 6) It's a game that neither team can afford to lose. This suggests tight, cautious approach. I don't see mega goals in this game and am happy with the under 2.5 goal bet at odds of 2 (various) is decent for me for 2 units.

i believe this game may turn out to be a draw and a low scorer one-
I also do think so, 1-1 would be an outcome i predict, with Wenger's tactic of laisez faire is very hard to say something good might come in the end, just hope for the best for Arsenal

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th Arsenal

• 01 Szczesny
  • 02 Debuchy
  • 18 Monreal
  • 06 Koscielny
  • 04 Mertesacker
  • 17 Sánchez
  • 11 Özil
  • 16 Ramsey
  • 10 Wilshere
  • 20 Flamini
  • 23 Welbeck
Manchester City
  • 01 Hart
  • 22 Clichy
  • 04 Kompany
  • 05 Zabaleta
  • 26 Demichelis
  • 15 Jesús Navas ?
  • 21 Silva
  • 25 Fernandinho
  • 18 Lampard ?
  • 07 Milner ?
  • 16 Agüero
  • Pellegrini is retarding again.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th Ifs and buts aside, City took the lead and that s cash at ht! for the record city scored 2 and then had so many chances. Even hit the post. And this was City playing bad away from home. No yaya. Real or imaginary. Well-reasoned or a lucky guess, i was much much closer to predicting what panned out. Completely against the run of play, Arsenal conceded a silly sucker punch goal. Played catch up. Played better and deservedly got the lead and blew it just how only Arsenal can. Still, no offense folks. On a different day City could have scored 4. Whatever

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th Bollocks, you said easy CITY win and were called on that garbage. I told you not to back City as all this rubbish about Arsenal's record to strong sides is AWAY from home. None of those sides came to our place and won last season and bingo, same again today. Fair result that draw. You werent close to predicting things, City never looked like winning easy. As they never do at our pitch.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th ha ha. u scoffed at city being the favorites prematch. all that changed prior to kickoff and the prices were reversed. no yaya and no jovetic. So obviously the entire context changed completely from ten days ago. Arsenal were near full strength here as well. Also you scoffed at anybody scoring 2-3 goals at the emirates. City were depleted. They were 3.0 dogs. they played bad. they took the lead blew it and still got a point. and they hit the post a couple of times. Arsenal never looked like winning for a long time during that match either. Fair result yes. But in Wenger s terms this will feel like a lost two points than a gained one. Just too much drama and hoopla over the one point.

Bollocks, you said easy CITY win and were called on that garbage. I told you not to back City as all this rubbish about Arsenal's record to strong sides is AWAY from home. None of those sides came to our place and won last season and bingo, same again today. Fair result that draw. You werent close to predicting things, City never looked like winning easy. As they never do at our pitch.
tbh with this 11 : Hart - Zabaleta - Kompany - Demichelis (Mangala) - Kolarov - Yaya Toure - Nasri - Silva - Fernandinho - Dzeko - Agüero , City could have scored four goals with ease. (PS : I am not a City fan, just being realistic)