** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Arsenal v Manchester City (12:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.65[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th

This is another match i would place a bet' date=' closer to the match day[/quote'] Me too, it's just when these two teams collide your still wondering what would be their greatest edge, good thing Asian Handicap was invented so it will be easy for me on how I will placed my bets.

Me too' date=' it's just when these two teams collide your still wondering what would be their greatest edge, good thing Asian Handicap was invented so it will be easy for me on how I will placed my bets.[/quote'] Same here...also was thinking about a handicap market

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th Arsenal were closer to losing against Leicester than they were to winning comprehensively. With a bit of luck and/or confidence, the foxes could have nicked all three points. Despite having had a complete half, the gooners couldn't win. Come to think of it, almost all their competitive matches have only revealed Arsenal to be lukewarm and very sub par. Given the spoils of Liverpool at the Lane, Citeh's win over Liverpool looks very good. City slipped up big time against Stoke and this will spur them to put in a solid shift away at the Emirates on 13th. Man for man, City are wayy better than Arsenal. Given how other teams like Chelsea and even Swansea are doing swell, City will look to pile on misery on Wenger's Arsenal. This will be an easy away win at the ridiculous price. Monreal will again be targeted and successfully so. City will score 2-3 goals at the very least. Someone in the Gooners defence will as usual concede a completely unnecessary and downright stupid penalty. Jovetic should score should he start. Penalty taken - yes City away win Jovetic (if he starts - so late bet) to score

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th Can't believe City are favourites for this. I have no doubt we will not lose at home to Man City. We've stuttered so far but lets not forget City were terrible and lost at home to Stoke, one of the worst away sides in PL in recent years. Same story last year when people expected City to rock to the Emirates and win easily when we were in bad form - key point was we were struggling away from home which is a different ballgame....on that day we put it up to City and drew 1-1 while never looking like losing the game. We're very tough to beat at home and I am confident we will at least draw this one. We've looked a bit disjointed so far but I can see this team getting better once the new players fully integrate and the World Cup players gain fitness again after missing pre-season. Arsenal on a + handicap looks fine to me here. Back City win at your peril, bookie will be laughing.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th Some fella above saying City will score 3...........do me a favour....learn the game mate.........:lol In the league, I can only recall City coming to our pitch and beating us when we had a man sent off in the first 10 and they won 2-0, game was dead. City scoring 3 is laughable and will not happen.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th Source : William Hill OPTA Stats Arsenal v Manchester City

• Arsenal won 18 of their first 22 Barclays Premier League fixtures against Manchester City, but have only won three of the last 12 (D4 L5).
  • The Citizens have only won one of 17 previous Barclays Premier League games away at Arsenal; a 2-0 win in January 2013 (L11 D5).
  • Indeed, that 2-0 win was also the only time Manchester City have scored more than once in 17 Premier League games at either Highbury or the Emirates.
  • Danny Welbeck could become only the third player in Premier League history to play for both Arsenal and Manchester United (Mikael Silvestre, Robin van Persie).
  • The Gunners have won more Premier League games in September than any other Premier League side (48) and also have the best points/game average (2.02).
  • Arsene Wenger's side are unbeaten in 19 Premier League games at the Emirates Stadium (W14 D5) and have won their last four in a row there.
  • Arsenal have conceded four goals from only seven shots on target faced in the top-flight this term.
  • Manchester City have not lost two consecutive league games since October 2010 - one of the games that they lost back then was against Arsenal.
  • Arsenal have already gained a league-high four points from losing positions in 2014/15.
  • Sergio Aguero has scored eight goals in his last 10 Premier League away appearances.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th I'm not sure about the outcome of this match but I see goals. A heavy win for either side would not surprise me, although as a neutral I'm hoping for a high scoring thriller, end to end with goals at both ends. Not all the markets are up yet but I'll be looking at total goals, unquoted, etc for a bit of value. I'll revisit this thread later when I've seen all the prices.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th 4pts Over 2.5 goals 5/6 BetVictor I think we’ll see some goals here. Both sides look good going forward but they both have concerns with defensive personnel. Arsenal have conceded in all three matches this season but they’ve scored in all three too while City’s only clean sheet was a fortunate one at Newcastle on the opening weekend of the campaign. Both have bags of creativity in the middle of the park and men who can score goals so the 5/6 on over 2.5 goals looks good to me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/arsenal-vs-man-city-betting-two-top-sides-should-produce-a-few-goals-on-saturday

Some fella above saying City will score 3...........do me a favour....learn the game mate.........:lol In the league, I can only recall City coming to our pitch and beating us when we had a man sent off in the first 10 and they won 2-0, game was dead. City scoring 3 is laughable and will not happen.
I m not an expert. Just because something didn't happen in the recent past it doesnt mean...(well u know the blah blah blah). Arsenal are conservative in the best of times and they don't aspire to much at all. A good 4th place is all they need/want. Now what would Wenger do? He will play this out so they feel 'safe' with a point and this will be their undoing. As usual they wont know what to do when 0-0 and they will play catch up after conceding. Arsenal will get a point at the most and that would be a very hard fought one like the frantic 2-2 at the Goodison Park. In saying all these, I realize I could make a complete fool of my self. Sorry if I look like berating or undermining the Gooners but i m not. No offense but i m just trying to back what i think will happen with my money. This match has a penalty written all over it.

I m not an expert. Just because something didn't happen in the recent past it doesnt mean...(well u know the blah blah blah). Arsenal are conservative in the best of times and they don't aspire to much at all. A good 4th place is all they need/want. Now what would Wenger do? He will play this out so they feel 'safe' with a point and this will be their undoing. As usual they wont know what to do when 0-0 and they will play catch up after conceding. Arsenal will get a point at the most and that would be a very hard fought one like the frantic 2-2 at the Goodison Park. In saying all these, I realize I could make a complete fool of my self. Sorry if I look like berating or undermining the Gooners but i m not. No offense but i m just trying to back what i think will happen with my money. This match has a penalty written all over it.
A good 4th place was all Liverpool needed/wanted last season too, right? They weren't very conservative were they? Getting in the top four of this league is harder than ever and teams aiming that high will be trying to win every single game (especially at home). I don't think Arsenal will be aiming for anything less than a win against anybody at home. Also not sure quite how this match has a "penalty written all over it"? Manchester City conceded just one penalty last season, and Arsenal conceded two at home all season in all competitions.

. But look, if these wildly unresearched/unreasoned bets are symptomatic of your staking then I understand why you are defensive over your money. You mustn't have very much of it.
That's below the belt and totally uncalled for. Present a counter argument without getting personal please :ok

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th Unbiased opinion - Arsenal are poor against other top sides and will be until Wenger decides to invest in a defensive midfielder. You don't play against Manchester City without midfield defence, and that's exactly what Wenger will try to do on Saturday. City wins.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th I also think this will be a cagey affair with few if any goals. City haven't yet started firing on all cylinders and we all know Arsenal's record against the top teams. As an Arsenal fan I have accepted that we will never be a serious contender for as long as Wenger remains at the helm. He is a power hungry dinosaur who just won't do what it takes to build a title winning team. Even the last minute dash for Welbeck only happened because of Giroud injury. I shudder to think what our season might have looked like had he injured himself after the transfer window closed. City are coming off a shock home defeat and they probably won't go all guns blazing at the Emirates. I have watched every game they played this season and they were clinical against Liverpool and Newcastle, but weren't nearly as dominant as the scoreline suggested. I think they still have a few gears in them and that they are yet to hit their peak. My bets are under 2.5 @ 2.08 5 pts betfair and half time/full time draw @ 6.4 2 pts

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th Man City to score first at 1.85 may be a decent punt. Wish the price was a bit higher but I think it has a very good chance of landing. Arsenal have started slow at the best of times this season but last year Arsenal had a real habit of spending the first half post-international break in a bit of a funk. I fancy Man City to break the duck. Last team to score Arsenal 2.15 could be a decent play alongside that too. Arsenal have scored a lot of late goals so far this season and seem to enjoy that post 80 minute mark. If they are chasing the game around then, then we could see another late goal. I was impressed by Welbeck's commitment against Switzerland to be chasing still so late in the game, something Ramsey is very good at doing already. If both are still on the pitch that late then I'd fancy either to score.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th I think a draw is very likely here. Midfields of both teams are strong and can hold possession well. Both teams may well be happy with a draw after the 85th minute. Plus a match between big heavyweights usually ends in a draw. Stats aside, city are the better team since I think welbeck may well need time to adjust to arsenal's play. But arsenal at home is the big equaliser for me.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th Some Premiership games from last season : Tottenham 1 Man City 5 Man City 6 Arsenal 3 Man City 4 Man Utd 1 Man City 6 Tottenham 0 Chelsea 6 Arsenal 0 Liverpool 5 Arsenal 1 that's just a few examples, there were plenty of others involving both sides were one of them scored 4+ goals. So I've picked out what I consider the best value bets for goals. Over 3.5 goals 9/4 (SpreadEx) standout price 2/1 at best elsewhere. AUQ at 10.5 (betfair) - cracking price this.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th I'd say City is a steal here at that price. If you saw last game Arsenal played v Leichester you could clearly see that Arsenal is limpy at best and is not near the form it was at the beginning of the last season. Remember the Liverpool v Arsenal game? Gunners were playing much better football then and Liverpool destroyed them 5:1. City started this season solid, they've hit the bump in the road with Stoke and will be looking to retaliate. After all, Stoke is known for their defense and Arsenal's defense is limpy therefore i predict an open game with with goals but City coming up on top. As stated before, Arsenal doesn't hold a solid record against top clubs in PL. My bets are as follows: City to win @2.5 Over 2.5 @1.89 Over 3.5 @3 Good luck everyone

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday September 13th In all honesty, I have a hard time seeing Arsenal winning here, although admittedly, I was also backing ManCity in the Community Shield game too. Arsenal is without Giroud and that is a big blow to them offensively. I do not think Sanchez will be able to create many chances against this City defense. I just find the City midfield and defense too big, too deep, too good to be broken down by Arsenal. I really don't see goals in this one either. City will be without Jovetic, and Aguero not at full strength. Arsenal back line is good enough - I think we see a lot of midfield play, both teams battling for possession and chances tough to come by. For this game I've played ht draw +120 1-0 Man City exact score 8/1 2-0 Man City exact score 11/1 I'll leave it to Arsenal to prove me wrong, but I dont think City will try to open this one up on the road. Should be a cracking match, and I do believe it will be hard fought. Both teams with big league aspirations - I just like the away side in this one. :cheers: