** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

International Friendlies 3rd Sept - 7th Sept 2014

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies 3rd Sept - 7th Sept 2014

FRANCE – SPAIN France To Win + Total Under 2.5 at 4.95 @ Marathonbet A very interesting friendly match is going to take place this night at “Stade de France”. France will host Spain, a couple of months after the World Cup of Brazil. The French team, without Frank Ribery and Samir Nasri (they have decided to end their international carrer), will certainly look for a win, having lost its two last games against “Furias Rojas” at Paris. The team of Deschamps made a good impression at the World Cup, reaching the quarterfinals and playing good football. Moreover, the fact that the Spanish team is under a period of reconstruction, gives the hosts the… first word for the win. Taking into account the fact that their last five matches have combined with Under 2.5, I am seeing as a clever choice the combination of France’s win with Under 2.5.
1-0 - very impressive win :clap

France, Italy, Belgium, and Croatia all to win today is a tasty 9/1 at Ladbrokes. France are home to Spain; the latter rarely do well in friendly matches against half-decent opposition, and are coming off an absolutely dreadful World Cup. Italy are home to the Dutch. Admittedly, this one is a bit of a punt but the Dutch, like Spain, do struggle with away friendlies against good opposition, so there are plenty of grounds for an Italian victory. Belgium are playing Australia - a clear difference in quality - and the same can be said of Croatia's game versus Cyprus.
Oh I just love it when a bet at relatively long odds comes in. Get in! Saw the France game - Paul Pogba, what a talent.

Croatia will be using this match as a warm-up for their match against Malta next week, they performed reasonably well in the WC in what was a difficult group. They have a few injuries and have brought a few of their promising youngsters into the squad like Halilovic from Barcelona and Tin Jedvaj (Leverkusen). Both sides will make changes in the game but it is more than likely Croatia will start with a strong line-up, Lovren, Corluka, Modric, Mandzukic are all expected to start and they have a few good attacking midfielders to play behind Mandzukic too. Expect the usual passionate support in what is a small stadium in Croatia. Cyprus are a poor side, they struggle to score goals and have only 3 in the last 10 games away in all comps losing all those games. They have failed to score in their last 3 friendlies away against Jordan, Japan and Bulgaria. I don't see there is many goals in the team, sides that do well in Europe from Cyprus are all packed with foreign players. Expect a 1-0, 2-0 scoreline here. Croatia to Win to Nil - 1.83 - bet365 - 6 Points
(Result: 2-0) I saw some of this and while Croatia looked classy and dominated, Cyprus had a few good chances in the second half and could easily have scored.

Belgium v Australia I'm having a small handicap bet on Australia too as I hardly think Belgium are the reliable side the odds suggest. We all know Australia are a plucky side - we saw that during the WC, they won't change tact and are now looking to build towards the Asian Cup in January. Chris Herd (Aston Villa) will come into the back line and Trent Sainsbury (Zwolle in Holland) will start at centre back, Jedinak will probably have a new partner in central midfield but he is generally safe as houses in front of the back 4, Cahill will continue to cause headaches up front. Also Robbie Kruse (Bayer Leverkusen) can play after missing the WC through injury, he was the Australian POTY at the time he got injured. Not sure he sure will start but should appear as he needs the game time. Belgium have had a few withdrawals for the game but have a far better squad on paper, Lukaku, Kompany, Hazard, Vermalen, Fellani will all miss the game with 'injuries', in most cases though I don't think they want to play, two weeks into the season for players, clubs and supporters these fixtures are largely a pain in the arse. Belgium strike me as the kind of side who would rather be the underdog going into games, they don't run up big scores generally in friendlies or qualification. With this being the start of the season and it being a bigger game for Australia than Belgium -1.5 looks a big line for Belgium to beat. Australia +1.5AH - 1.65 - betinternet - 3 Points
(Result: 2-0) From what I saw, Belgium looked a bit better than at the World Cup and Australia a bit worse, and the 2-0 score was about right.

Italy v Holland Odds on Holland have been dropping - but I think they are still good value. I've measured this in two ways - firstly shots on target stats in competitive qualifiers (Euro and World Cup) and secondly 'elo ratings'. Both of these show Holland as the superior team - and of course they outshone Italy at the World Cup, Holland finishing 3rd and Italy failing at the group stage. Both sides have new managers so both will have an incentive to impress. I'm happy to back Holland on the 2-way market at over evens - Holland AH0 2.09 Pinnacle Stake: 5 points
Result: Italy 2 Holland 0 Bet lost Stake: 5 points Return: nil

Croatia will be using this match as a warm-up for their match against Malta next week, they performed reasonably well in the WC in what was a difficult group. They have a few injuries and have brought a few of their promising youngsters into the squad like Halilovic from Barcelona and Tin Jedvaj (Leverkusen). Both sides will make changes in the game but it is more than likely Croatia will start with a strong line-up, Lovren, Corluka, Modric, Mandzukic are all expected to start and they have a few good attacking midfielders to play behind Mandzukic too. Expect the usual passionate support in what is a small stadium in Croatia. Cyprus are a poor side, they struggle to score goals and have only 3 in the last 10 games away in all comps losing all those games. They have failed to score in their last 3 friendlies away against Jordan, Japan and Bulgaria. I don't see there is many goals in the team, sides that do well in Europe from Cyprus are all packed with foreign players. Expect a 1-0, 2-0 scoreline here. Croatia to Win to Nil - 1.83 - bet365 - 6 Points WIN
Belgium v Australia I'm having a small handicap bet on Australia too as I hardly think Belgium are the reliable side the odds suggest. We all know Australia are a plucky side - we saw that during the WC, they won't change tact and are now looking to build towards the Asian Cup in January. Chris Herd (Aston Villa) will come into the back line and Trent Sainsbury (Zwolle in Holland) will start at centre back, Jedinak will probably have a new partner in central midfield but he is generally safe as houses in front of the back 4, Cahill will continue to cause headaches up front. Also Robbie Kruse (Bayer Leverkusen) can play after missing the WC through injury, he was the Australian POTY at the time he got injured. Not sure he sure will start but should appear as he needs the game time. Belgium have had a few withdrawals for the game but have a far better squad on paper, Lukaku, Kompany, Hazard, Vermalen, Fellani will all miss the game with 'injuries', in most cases though I don't think they want to play, two weeks into the season for players, clubs and supporters these fixtures are largely a pain in the arse. Belgium strike me as the kind of side who would rather be the underdog going into games, they don't run up big scores generally in friendlies or qualification. With this being the start of the season and it being a bigger game for Australia than Belgium -1.5 looks a big line for Belgium to beat. Australia +1.5AH - 1.65 - betinternet - 3 Points LOST
Croatia were pretty comfortable, Cyprus had a good chance in the second half with a header but that was the only time I thought they would score. At the end of the day they are as poor as they are for a reason, they rarely convert chances. Australia were overrun in the first half but I thought the bet was won in the second half when there were a number of changes and Belgium didn't really threaten..2-0 wasn't an unfair scoreline.

Re: International Friendlies 3rd Sept - 7th Sept 2014 Uruguay To Win Vs Japan @ 2.55 Ladbrokes Japan who will play at home played this same fixture in 2013 and Uruguay came out 4-2 winners, Japan has some quality players but they are poor defensively and Uruguay is the kind of team they don't like to play against strong,physical counter attacking team, yes Uruguay will be without Suarez but I still think they will be too strong for the Japs. :ok

Re: International Friendlies 3rd Sept - 7th Sept 2014 Brazil - Colombia Brazil -0.25 AH 1.94 Ladbrokes Brazil's defense will look much more solid with Miranda and Felipe Luis coming in. Defensive performances like in the World Cup should be a distant memory under Dunga. Falcao is back for Los Cafeteros, but he has yet to find his form of old. James Rodriguez doesn't seem like a 80 million player in the matches so far this season. Brazil won 13 out of the last 14 friendly matches under Dunga. The match will be played on a neutral venue, in Miami, but this should not be anything new for Brazil since they play practically all of their friendlies abroad.

Re: International Friendlies 3rd Sept - 7th Sept 2014 Bolivia vs Ecuador – both teams to score @ 1.88 Marathonbet Interesting friendly fixture at USA between Bolivia and Ecuador. Two sides of entirely different capacity and motives. Bolivia is still under Xabier’s Azkargorta guidance although the experienced coach agreed to take over Bolivar. His presence the last two years can’t described as successful because Bolivia was tragic at World Cup qualifiers and hasn’t won a game since last February. At the following 11 games, they lost 6 and draw 5, showing big defensive problems but scoring in almost every one. In contrast, Ecuador made it to the World Cup of Brazil. They finished third behind France and Switzerland and above Honduras. Reinaldo Rueda removed immediately, but the federation hasn’t yet found a successor. Today it will be current under-20 boss Sixto Vizuete in charge of Ecuador, but he has to deal with important absences. Jefferson Montero and Antonio Valencia, of Swansea City and Manchester United respectively, asked not to be selected, but Segundo Castillo returns to the squad. This is really an unpredictable game, I believe that Bolivia will take it more seriously, but hasn’t the quality needed to win. I don’t see a result, but I think that both teams will score.

Re: International Friendlies 3rd Sept - 7th Sept 2014 SERBIA - FRANCE :: 20:45 CET Probable lineup: Serbia: Stojkovic (Maccabi Haifa) - Basta (Lazio), Ivanovic (Chelsea), Nastasic (Manchester City), Kolarov (Manchester City) - Matic (Chelsea), Gudelj (AZ Alkmaar) - Tadic (Southampton), Ljajic (AS Roma), Markovic (Liverpool) - Mitrovic (Anderlecht)

Serbia v France I like the odds on Serbia here. Recent shots on target stats are similar, and I think France would probably be pretty happy with a draw here. Serbia +0.5 1.79 sbobet Stake: 3 points
Result: Serbia 1 France 1 Bet won :ok Stake: 3 points Return: 5.37 points