** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Bayern München v Manchester City (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]97.14 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th bayern is shit at the moment and out of form. players are hangover from world cup and pep has ruined them with tiki taka football. they are not on the same level as before and have lost attacking flair and effectiveness in front of goal. getting rid of mario mandzukic is the laugh of the year. i actually think man city will win

• 2 weeks later...

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th I think City have a good chance of getting at least a draw here. Bayern are easing themselves into the new season after having so many players come back late to the squad after the WC. Robben has a knee problem and hasn't been training so can only assume he won't play, Schwein, Martinez, Badstuber and Thiago will certainly not play. Ribery returned to the team at the weekend off the bench - and scored - so I expect he will start, Benatia will likely make his debut at centre back. Bayern haven't really hit top gear yet and Guardiola doesn't expect them too until after Christmas, while they have been performing ok so far in the league 2-1-0 have haven't faced a real test yet and I think City are more than capable of providing them plenty of problems. City will be missing Fernando and Zabeleta who is suspended - Sagna will come in for him - and Pellegrini is banned from the touchline too which is a blow. Yaya will come back into the team although I wouldn't like to try and predict the rest of his line-up as he has plenty of options in most positions. City will be looking to start better than they have in recent games against Bayern at the Allianz where they have gone 2-0 down both times. Bayern are the home side and will likely dominate possession - defending with their now usual high line. City will be playing on the counter, whether they like it or not, but they have experience of playing in the stadium and Bayern are certainly not in the form they were for their last visit when they won 3-2. City have the pace to cause Bayern big problems on the counter, I still think Bayern have gone backwards under Guardiola and the odds on Bayern are very low against a side who now have some decent European experience behind them and some very exciting attacking players. I don't think a draw is beyond City here. Man City +1.0AH - 1.84 - pinnacle - 5 Points

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th I clearly remember a couple seasons ago Bayern visiting the Etihad early in the group stage and running amok all over the field. They were playing the English champions and wanted to show who was boss. I remember that performance for the way the Germans ran and ran for 90 mins and coupled with brilliant efficient play, they embarrassed City though can't remember score. That of course was a champion side taking advantage of Champions League newcomers who were unsure on the European stage. But more importantly that was Heynkes' Bayern. A superior machine to the watered down tacky wacky version that Guardiola manages. City will remember getting whipped by Bayern SEVERAL times in recent memory and this could very well be their great revenge. As Hast mentioned the issues the Germans have with important players, coupled with "Auguero-friendly" high lines, I think getting behind City in some way presents real value as Bayern are still in 2nd gear at the minute.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th 4pts Both teams to score 1.75 Boylesports With the defensive injuries Bayern have coupled with the open starts both sides have made to the season I think there is a really good chance both sides will score here. Both sides scored in both of their meetings in this competition last year and you would think City’s win at the Allianz Arena last year will give them the belief to attack with confidence this year. Bayern still look potent despite their injuries so I expect both to score here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bayern-munich-vs-man-city-betting-both-sides-can-score-to-open-up-their-group

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th man city to win this with while bayern got defensive problems and tiki taka football has made them much weaker. man city looked really sharp against arsenal. i think they are starting to click physically and tactically and they will edge this match and win in germany just like they did it last time

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th Seems to me like the value lies in City. Bayern has been playing really bad recently with the tika taka stuff. Not liking their new style at all and I strongly believe that Citizens have a strong chance of winning here. Lately they work really well together and Bayern has had problems in defeating City in the past. So bets: City win @5.25 1/10 City or draw @2.25 5/10 Ez game. Don't think that there's any value in goals unless City consumes one or two. Bayern has done plenty of unders lately and with all the injuries i don't see it any other way. So most probable results IMO are 1:0,1:1,0:1

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th Bayern München v Manchester City Bayern München: Arjen Robben (1/1 m, doubtful), Rafinha (0/0 d), Holger Badstuber (3/0 d), Thiago Alcántara (0/0 m), Javi Martínez (0/0 m), Mitchell Weiser (0/0 m), Bastian Schweinsteiger (0/0 m), Franck Ribery (1/1 m) Manchester City: Fernando (3/0 m), Stevan Joveti? (3/2 f, 2nd top scorer), Pablo Zabaleta (2/0 d) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th This is a big Under IMHO. Tiki-taka killed Bayern. They are no longer the mighty team that crushed all on the way to CL trophy the year before. Bayern is now a pale shadow of Guardiola's Barca. Expect another sleepy match with 1000+ passes and 1 or 2 goals at most. Ribery is out, Robben is doubtful so Bayern's magic wings are gone. They haven't found a way to make the best of Lewy yet. At the back, Benatia will play in place of Martinez. It's actually an improvement on defensive duty but much a serious downgrade in terms of attack from the back. Thiago is out injured as well so I think they will lack idea going forward. Suddenly, Bayern look very lightweighted in central midfield with only Rode, Alonso and Lahm available. They won't score many I'm sure. ManCity on the other hand would be pleased with a draw. They have no reason to go gung-ho, because of the tough match against Chelsea this Sunday. Both teams have strong defenses and they should be able to keep it tight in a match like this. Bayern might nick a narrow victory eventually but Under 3 is a good bet.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th Manager Manuel Pellegrini will again have to give his team-talk ahead of the match in the hotel as he completes his two-match touchline ban for controversial remarks about a referee last term. He is forbidden from making any contact with players or coaching staff on matchday after they arrive at the stadium.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th Some facts for the teams: It's the 3rd time the two teams face each other in the last 4 years. They have 2 wins each, Bayern have scored 7 goals and City 6. Last year City won in ''Allianz Arena'' with score 3-2. Bayern Munich hasn't lost a Champions League premiere the last 9 seasons and they have 5/7 home wins against English teams. Manchester City first won in a premiere last year but they concede at least one goal in their 16/20 Champions League games

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th Bayern @1,6, high stakes Third time in last four years these teams are together in the group stage of Champions league. Some may say that City have two wins but if you take a closer look both of them came in the final rounds when Germans already secured first place. When it mattered, Bayern had no problems, especially last year at Ettihad where they destroyed them with ease. Regarding this season and current form, i don't like what i saw from City. Beside solid win against Liverpool they shown very little. Undeserved win at Newcastle, home defeat vs Stoke and 15 minutes of good play vs Arsenal (five in first and ten in second half). Didn't had the chance to see Bayern this season but from the results, even with numerous missings they somehow get the job done. With Benatia and Alonso they will probably gain more defensive stability then before. Truth to be told, i don't know what to expect from Pellegrini, but when I remember matches against Barca and his ultra defensive tactics i don't believe that he has what it takes to make success in Europe. If City repeat the display from Saturday, there is no hope for them, because Bayern isn't Arsenal. Goodluck to all!

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th Man City 23/20 with +1. William Hill I think this is a good bet on Man City. It comes from the fact that Bayern Munich are not up to speed and miss some players. Bayern have not had to play a tough team like Man City this season. They have played 3 games in the Bundeslegia: Winning 2 and drawing 1. VFB Stuttgart H 2-0 Schalke A 1-1 Wolfsburg H 2-1 The thing to note is that the 3 teams they have played have not registered a win amongst themselves. i.e Wolfsburg, Schalke and Stuttgart have played 9 games between them and not won a single game. The Bundeslegia has 18 teams in it; Bayern have played the teams ranked 13,16 & 17 after 3 round of games. Ribbery is definitely out but it looks like Robbens may play. They actually haven't played together this season due to being injured at different times. If Robbens doesn't start then I would be even more confident of landing this bet.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th Taking a nibble at Man City @ 5.4 with BV. Too big a price for me to pass up considering the relative quality of each side, sure Bayern could win this and are rightly favourites, but 1.6ish is a very low price for a BM win and I'm more than happy to take a piece of the underdog here.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th Those on ManCity must be sweating right now. Bayern are running riot and City do look like the real underdog here. Lewy just missed an one-on-one. City were very lucky to avoid conceding 2 goals in the first 30mins and they will need a lot more to get out with something.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th

Those on ManCity must be sweating right now. Bayern are running riot and City do look like the real underdog here. Lewy just missed an one-on-one. City were very lucky to avoid conceding 2 goals in the first 30mins and they will need a lot more to get out with something.
Indeed but if Baern will miss 1-2 more opportunities City might just be lucky and get 0:1....... As long as its 0:0 hope remains for both sides, if Bayern leads I cannot see City winning!

Bayern @1,6, high stakes Third time in last four years these teams are together in the group stage of Champions league. Some may say that City have two wins but if you take a closer look both of them came in the final rounds when Germans already secured first place. When it mattered, Bayern had no problems, especially last year at Ettihad where they destroyed them with ease. Regarding this season and current form, i don't like what i saw from City. Beside solid win against Liverpool they shown very little. Undeserved win at Newcastle, home defeat vs Stoke and 15 minutes of good play vs Arsenal (five in first and ten in second half). Didn't had the chance to see Bayern this season but from the results, even with numerous missings they somehow get the job done. With Benatia and Alonso they will probably gain more defensive stability then before. Truth to be told, i don't know what to expect from Pellegrini, but when I remember matches against Barca and his ultra defensive tactics i don't believe that he has what it takes to make success in Europe. If City repeat the display from Saturday, there is no hope for them, because Bayern isn't Arsenal. Goodluck to all!
Came in the dying seconds, but fully deserved. Could have been 3-0 after 20 minutes but Hart had one of those monster games, also some of the penalty calls went against Bayern in the second half. City were pretty poor, defended most of the time as expected, even against this depleted Bayern side.

Came in the dying seconds' date=' but fully deserved. Could have been 3-0 after 20 minutes but Hart had one of those monster games, also some of the penalty calls went against Bayern in the second half. City were pretty poor, defended most of the time as expected, even against this depleted Bayern side.[/quote'] Silva could have easily had a penalty when it was 0-0. Personally thought Bayern edged it, but they were poor overall. They are missing 5 key players, so they can only improve. Well done with the win.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th It seems english sides are getting a wake-up call in Europe. Arsenal, city were well and truly beaten. The amount of chances bayern had, one was always going to go in. For chelsea to draw at home against a injury-hit schalke was another bummer.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th @thebrain - so you pop-in every few years just to take the mickey? nothing else to contribute? FWIW neither city nor bayern look like going far anyway. A more counter-orientated team would have scored a couple against bayern there.

It seems english sides are getting a wake-up call in Europe. Arsenal' date=' city were well and truly beaten. The amount of chances bayern had, one was always going to go in. For chelsea to draw at home against a injury-hit schalke was another bummer.[/quote'] Firstly City should rid of Pellegrini, the guy who always forgets Agüero on the bench. :wall

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th i'm really pissed off at pellegrini for always forcing dzeko when he hasn't scored for ages and wastes opportunities. shocking that aguero was on the bench when he is better striker. i thought man city deserved a draw at least

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Wednesday September 17th Even if they got the draw against this weakened side what good whould it do for them. This team certainly wasn't built to lose in 1/8 finals and I don't see them getting further with this game plan. That could do with Chelsea but City just don't have the defensive mentality to play on 0-0. Bayern is better team then them whether they play bunker or some run and gun style but to me it seems that in some open play they might even get some chance while this way it is just one way street.