** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad > Tuesday September 16th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.18[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]19[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad > Tuesday September 16th i think the best way to go here is over 2.5 goals currently at about 1.55.I think Lpool will come all out attack while Ludo have nothing to lose.Two attacking minded teams face each other and i think BTTS(2.20) could be ok too.1(-1EH)is also a good bet at about 1.55 too.I think i will go big for over 2.5 as i think it's a sure thing.

Re: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad > Tuesday September 16th Why so early?! So many things could happen before the opening day of CL. Anyway, I don't think that Ludogorets will be attack-minded. Being attack-minded in A PFG doesn't mean you gonna be attack-minded at Anfield. For all that matters, Ludo had parked the bus against Steaua in Bucurest, so there is not a single reason to believe they will choose a different approach at Anfield. If this game doesn't end with -2.5 handicap covered by Liverpool, it will be huge surprise for me. Ludo did very well in the last year, but this is entirely different level. The difference between playing low motivated middle-class teams in Europa League, and playing a top Premier League team in Champions League is tremendous. From all the European experience of Ludogorets in the last year, the opponent that was most similar to playing Liverpool, was Valencia in the 1/8 final of EL. Valencia completely and easily schooled Ludogorets in Sofia - they won 3:0 despite playing for 70 minutes with man less on the field and they were in complete control of the game all over the pitch. Also the CL qualifier against Basel last summer can be used as a point of reference - whenever Basel raised the tempo, they quickly outplayed Ludogorets and scored a few goals. Both Valencia and Basel are below Liverpool's level, so the gap here will be even bigger. This is the return of CL to Anfield after 5 year exile. The motivation of the home team will be 100% and this is very bad news for Ludo, because in other circumstances, they could have escaped with more respectable defeat, but now it is going to be a very long night for the Bulgarian team. Very huge factor here is that one of the best players of Ludo - their goalkeeper - is suspended. His substitute Chvorovich is a joke of a goal-keeper - although he starts only against weaker teams and for cup games, he always finds a way to concede a ridiculous goal. If the regular keeper Stoyanov was available, this would have meant a guaranteed 3-4 big saves for Ludo at least. With Chvorovich in goal, it is guaranteed that there would be at least 2-3 big blunders and gifts to Liverpool. All in all, I think Ludo will be a perfect option to make money against. I can hardly see how can they escape hammering at Anfield.

Re: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad > Tuesday September 16th I don't see how valencia and Lpool are similar but anyway.I think the only team Ludo can get some points from is Lpool.The fact that they finished in top 5 in Premier League doesn't mean they are gonna be competetive in Champ League.Take Man City for example.They are crushing the UK teams one after another but find it hard to go through the group stages.Of course Lpool should win this one comfortably but don't think they are better than Basel.Last year Basel defeated Chelsea twice if my memory serves me well.I expect Real to top the group and Basel to be 2nd.Lpool and Ludo will fight for the Euro league spot.And we were talking about similar teams.I think Basel uses the most similar style to Valencia not Lpool.Anyway GL whatever you choose i will be on BTTS-YEs and Lpool to win.I am l?aning towards a 3:1 Correct score

Re: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad > Tuesday September 16th I am not saying Valencia and Pool are similar, i am saying that Valencia at Sofia was the only game where Ludo met a high class team which was motivated and play full squad - something they are gonna experience in Champions League. All the other games were against middle class teams, most of which were highly unmotivated to play in EL (PSV Eindhoven). I don't see how Ludogorets will get points from Pool and strongly disagree with valuing Pool less than Basel. This Liverpool can pose serious challenge to Real for the first place in the group and the games against Ludogorets will be "cat toying with mouse". Liverpool -2.5 should be the bet of the first round.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad > Tuesday September 16th

Liverpool won't play full squad. Sturridge is out. That is a massive blow' date=' we saw today. Liverpool - Aston Villa 0-1 at Anfield.[/quote'] Even Ricky Lambert and Borini are too much for Ludogorets. Bad news for visitors - after their regular goalie got suspended, his substitute got bad injury and is also missing the game. So, Ludo signed urgently with a free agent goalie - a Canadian international, who hasn't played for almost an year. The new signing will start at Anfield and he will have just 2-3 trainings with his teammates before that. -2 AH home win should be the bet of the day.

Even Ricky Lambert and Borini are too much for Ludogorets. Bad news for visitors - after their regular goalie got suspended, his substitute got bad injury and is also missing the game. So, Ludo signed urgently with a free agent goalie - a Canadian international, who hasn't played for almost an year. The new signing will start at Anfield and he will have just 2-3 trainings with his teammates before that. -2 AH home win should be the bet of the day.
Judging by that article above though it seems the 3rd choice goalkeeper will start and this guy will be back-up? However bad Liverpool were on Sat you would expect them to win this by a couple at least.

Judging by that article above though it seems the 3rd choice goalkeeper will start and this guy will be back-up? However bad Liverpool were on Sat you would expect them to win this by a couple at least.
No, the new guy will start, that's confirmed. I don't think he is good enough though. The fact is he started for Sivaspor last season, played in the first 4 games and then never played a game for them again, which doesn't speak good for his quality. And as I said before, even if the 2nd goalkeeper of Ludogorets didn't injure himself and started the game for them, it would still be a huge blow. BEcause the regular goal-keeper Stoyanov (suspended) is the key asset of this team and a guy, without whom, they would never even pass the Europa League group phase. This team has three pillars it is built on - the goal-keeper Stoyanov, the striker Beziak and the attacking midfielder (tre-quartista) Marcelinho. These three guys make the big difference, without them Ludogorets is just a mediocre team. Out of these three pillars, Stoyanov is suspended, Beziak is in terrible form (scored just one goal against Luxemburg Dudelange since the beginning of the season), and only Marcelinho is playing well. If this was some, say, Monday evening Premier League game, when Liverpool enters distracted and not in the best motivation, then team like Ludogorets could surprise them. But in a CL opener after 4 year exit - NEVER! Another important aspect. Ludo are not a physical team. Nothing like the likes of Aston Villa, WBA, Stoke ?tc physical teams, against which Pool often struggles. They are much softer and the team is comprised mainly of lighter and smaller guys, who try to play some local version of tiki-taka. They have just few bigger guys in the team and I can't see how they can cope with Liverpool's huge advantage in physique, speed and technique. I feel that every set piece for Liverpool will be a complete nightmare for Ludogorets, because they s*ck at set pieces even against Bulgarian teams and even with their top goal-keeper Stoyanov, and I see them in huge trouble with some unknown goal-keeper when they have to protect set pieces against players like Lovren, Gerrard, Balotelli and probably Ricky Lambert later in the game.

Re: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad > Tuesday September 16th I would personally be shocked if Ludo manages to cover the +1.5. And even a 2 goal margin defeat will be just if they are very lucky and Liverpool is missing chance after chance. I feel Liverpool will score at least 4 goals and most likely wont concede.

Re: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad > Tuesday September 16th Lpool should win with ease.1st and 2nd choice goalkeepers are out,as was pointed out above,and the Canadian international will start the game.The abcense of Sturridge is defenitely a big blow for the hosts but they should have more than enough to score at least 2.I am not so fully convinced after yesterday's fiasco.They created almost 0 chances to score and looked toothless going forward.But Villa traditionally is a hard nut to crack so it is kind of a release for them.3:0 Correct Score from me.

Re: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad > Tuesday September 16th After scrapping their way into CL group stage, Ludo players may feel ragged and complacent. They have every right to. Reaching group stage is already too big an achievement so they will play with open mind. Regardless of the goalkeeper crisis, Liverpool are still too much for Ludo. I'm confident on Liverpool -2 AH.

Re: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad > Tuesday September 16th Apart from the aforementioned GK problems, defender Barthe is also out, while the other central defender Terziev is doubtful. Liverpool -2 AH looks like a decent choice. The main reasons, apart from the problems in the Bulgarian team, for me are few: 1. After so many years Liverpool is finally back in CL and they start with a home game, so the fans would expect nothing but a win and the atmosphere will really be great (or at least it should be) 2. Disappointing result against Villa, so they have to bounce back. 3. Basel could challenge Pool for the 2nd place, thus Liverpool must start with a convincing victory (goal difference might also be important at the end of the group stage). 4. I simply don't like Ludogorets (though, that should never be a bettor's argument for any game!) and the sooner they land on their behinds the better. GMO teams like them are the reason one should hate modern football with all those glory-hunting, plastic fans. In any case, even if I wasn't biased Pool should demolish them. In conclusion: Liverpool -2AH @2.25 (188 Bet) confidence: 8/10 Good luck!

Re: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad > Tuesday September 16th If Liverpool score early on and the atmosphere starts to erupt, Ludo may get the sensation that they are the extras in a movie they can't bear to watch. "Dermendzhiev will also have to do without injured French centre back Alexandre Barthe while defenders Georgi Terziev and Brayan Angulo, the team's most expensive new signings, are both doubtful despite being included in the squad." Source: http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/09/15/soccer-champions-ludogorets-idINL6N0RG2CV20140915

Re: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad > Tuesday September 16th I would't be so confident in a Liverpool win. Liverpool lost to Aston Villa on the weekend and Ludogorets are pretty much on Villa's level. Yes, Ludogorets lack the experience with teams on Liverpool's level, but this Liverpool team has very limited experience in European competitions. Despite all the talk about how much Liverpool are motivated, they are facing a "no name" team and there could be underestimation. The departure of Suarez and the injury of Sturridge are massive losses in attack for the Merseyside outfit. I am having a small punt on a 1-1 correct score.

Re: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad > Tuesday September 16th Ludogorets is on Villa's level? :eek I assume you are not Bulgarian and you've never seen them play? Don't get me wrong, as much as I don't like them, they certainly play good football...for Bulgarian standards, and when facing fellow Eastern European teams, but getting something out of Anfield shouldn't be possible, even if the ref tonight was Bulgarian. If this wasn't the first game in the group and Liverpool had already qualified, for example, then sure we can play on the "underestimation" card, but now, especially after losing to Villa I doubt they can afford any underestimation.

Ludogorets is on Villa's level? :eek I assume you are not Bulgarian and you've never seen them play? Don't get me wrong' date=' as much as I don't like them, they certainly play good football...for Bulgarian standards, and when facing fellow Eastern European teams, but getting something out of Anfield shouldn't be possible, even if the ref tonight was Bulgarian. If this wasn't the first game in the group and Liverpool had already qualified, for example, then sure we can play on the "underestimation" card, but now, especially after losing to Villa I doubt they can afford any underestimation.[/quote'] Ludogorets twice beat PSV and eliminated Lazio, which are better teams than Villa. English teams are very arrogant when facing such "no name" teams and almost always underestimate the opposition, regardless of how "motivated" they are in the press statements before the match.

Re: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad > Tuesday September 16th Looking back at the popular bets against Ludogorets last season: PSV - Ludogorets "PSV will demolish this village team from Bulgaria. This is the group stage now. Cocu said that PSV are 100% motivated to win and will field the best possible line-up. PSV to win bet of the decade." Chernomorets - Ludogorets "Chernomorets are a big, physical team. Ludogorets are not suited to face teams that play physical football. Chernomorets play successfully at home to Dynamo Kiev and Shakhtar Donetsk, they'll rip apart the village team from Bulgaria. Chernomorets to win bet of the round." Ludogorets - PSV "Ludogorets are already qualified, PSV need points. Lightning doesn't strike twice, PSV will win this time against an unmotivated Ludogorets. Ludogorets have no fans, only 2500 people are expected in a 40 000 stadium. PSV are fielding their best 11 and there could be only one outcome."

Re: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad > Tuesday September 16th Well, in all honestly I'd give them credit only for the games against PSV (although I don't buy that crap about PSV being 100% motivated, they simply weren't, but anyway the victories were remarkable, no doubt). And they were extremely lucky against Lazio where their goalie behaved like a true amateur and gave away two goals. I hope someone else will participate in the conversation, though, otherwise I just look bitter at their success :lol But anyway, you have your point of view, I have mine, we'd see who is right come tomorrow evening.

Re: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad > Tuesday September 16th Masturbinho, what kind of comparisons are that?! Ludogorets probably can play equal game with Real Sociedad, then according to your logic, it means that Ludogorets should be big favorites against Real Madrid, who lost 4-2 against Sociedad?! Ludogorets should be better than Stoke City who just defeated Man City at Etihad - surely, Ludogorets should be contender number one for the Premier League title according to this logic. Sorry, but this is plain stupid. You cannot compare international games with domestic games. Makes absolutely no sense. And I already wrote it, but I will repeat it - the only games last season where Ludogorets faced strong and motivated opponents were Basel and Valencia and they were outclassed with ease. PSV were a joke team when they met Ludogorets - they were on a run of 2-3 months without victory in the same autumn of 2014 and they didn't care much for Europa League, hence they were eliminated. Lazio are just a mediocre Serie A team who didn't even make it to Europe this season, plus, they weren't ver motivated as well, as they fielded many substitute players in the first game. In fact, the other very motivated team that Ludogorets met was Chernomorets Odessa and I think the Ukrainians outplayed Ludogorets in both games, but luck and goalkeeper Stoyanov saved them. I don't buy into this Villa match. Every big team in Premier League during the long season has a few of these days when they fail miserably against poor opposition at home. And it is not a coincidence that these failures often happen after international breaks. But I would personally put much more emphasis on the previous game of Liverpool, when they completely schooled and humiliated Spurs, as I think this is the real face of Liverpool.

Masturbinho, what kind of comparisons are that?! Ludogorets probably can play equal game with Real Sociedad, then according to your logic, it means that Ludogorets should be big favorites against Real Madrid, who lost 4-2 against Sociedad?! Ludogorets should be better than Stoke City who just defeated Man City at Etihad - surely, Ludogorets should be contender number one for the Premier League title according to this logic. Sorry, but this is plain stupid. You cannot compare international games with domestic games. Makes absolutely no sense. And I already wrote it, but I will repeat it - the only games last season where Ludogorets faced strong and motivated opponents were Basel and Valencia and they were outclassed with ease. PSV were a joke team when they met Ludogorets - they were on a run of 2-3 months without victory in the same autumn of 2014 and they didn't care much for Europa League, hence they were eliminated. Lazio are just a mediocre Serie A team who didn't even make it to Europe this season, plus, they weren't ver motivated as well, as they fielded many substitute players in the first game. In fact, the other very motivated team that Ludogorets met was Chernomorets Odessa and I think the Ukrainians outplayed Ludogorets in both games, but luck and goalkeeper Stoyanov saved them. I don't buy into this Villa match. Every big team in Premier League during the long season has a few of these days when they fail miserably against poor opposition at home. And it is not a coincidence that these failures often happen after international breaks. But I would personally put much more emphasis on the previous game of Liverpool, when they completely schooled and humiliated Spurs, as I think this is the real face of Liverpool.
I am not referring to one game, but to four - two with PSV and two with Lazio, in which they were an equal opposition to teams on Aston Villa's level. Lazio were very motivated for the tie because that was the only competition in which they had a realistic chance of success; by that stage of the season they were eliminated from the cup and were way off the europeans spots. Like Liverpool's statements about the match tomorrow, PSV were "motivated 100%, going for the win with the best possible line-up". Ludogorets lost twice to Valencia, but they are arguably better than Aston Villa. Excluding the matches with minnows Dudelange, Ludogorets have a very decent 10W-5D-7L record against mostly mid-level European teams. How many times have Brendan Rogers' Liverpool demolished an opponent in the Champions League? None. How many games has BR won in Europe? None. There are many unknowns about how they'll fare in Europe and they aren't helped by the absence of their best assets from last season - Sturridge and Suarez. Acknowledging Liverpool as a force in the Champions League due to their domestic form from last season is stupid. They outplayed Tottenham, but with Sturridge in the team. I'd account the loss to Villa more to Sturridge's absence than to the effect of the international break. Sturridge replaced Suarez very well last season in the matches in which the Uruguayian was absent and also in the matches so far this season, but with Sturridge's absence there's suddenly a big hole in the team.

http://int.soccerway.com/teams/netherlands/psv-nv/1517/ Take a look here. During their participation in Europa League (september - mid December 2013), PSV played 11 games in Eredivisie, won only 2, drew 3 and lost 6 matches.
There are two sides of the coin - approaching the 2-0 defeat to Ludogorets in September, PSV were on a run of 10 matches (15 including friendlies) with only one defeat, 3-0 to Milan at the San Siro. In the match after the 2-0 defeat to Ludogorets, they demolished Ajax 4-0 at home. They were in a quite poor form before the 2-0 defeat in November, but in September they were near top form.

Re: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad > Tuesday September 16th 4pts Liverpool (-2AH) to beat Ludogorets 2.02 Ladbrokes For all the fairy tale that is Ludogorets we should remember that Liverpool are a decent outfit and they’ll be out to prove they belong at this level again. Anfield is often a tough place to go on nights like this and I expect the home side to win this one and with the likes of Gerrard, Coutinho and Balotelli in their ranks they should be too strong for the Bulgarians. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/liverpool-vs-ludogorets-razgrad-betting-liverpool-can-enjoy-winning-return-to-europe-s-elite

Re: Liverpool v Ludogorets Razgrad > Tuesday September 16th Liverpool FC v Ludogorets Liverpool FC: Joe Allen (3/0 m), Emre Can (2/0 m), Lazar Markovi? (3/0 f), Daniel Sturridge (3/1 f), Glen Johnson (2/0 d), Jon Flanagan (0/0 d), Martin Å krtel (2/0 d) Ludogorets: Georgi Terziev (1/0 d), Brayan Angulo (3/0 d) (both doubtful), Vladislav Stoyanov (4/0 first goalkeper), Ivan ?vorovi? (4/0 2nd goalkeeper), Alexandre Barthe (4/1 d) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com