** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal > Tuesday September 16th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.65[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]90.95 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal > Tuesday September 16th 4pts Over 2.5 goals 8/11 Boylesports This looks like a great match to watch between two sides who have the same attacking philosophies. Arsenal’s defence is a little shakier than Dortmund’s but Dortmund haven’t exactly been water tight at the start of the Bundesliga and this Arsenal side has a lot of pace and creativity about it so I like the idea of seeing a few goals in this one, and more than 2.5 of them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/borussia-dortmund-vs-arsenal-betting-arsenal-can-open-their-group-in-high-scoring-game

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal > Tuesday September 16th Arsenal will be missing Debuchy, Monreal and Chambers has tonsillitis so it's possible they will have to play 19-year-old Hector Bellerin at right back from the academy team. Arsenal's lack of cover at the back was apparent before the start of the season and hasn't taken long to be exposed..

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal > Tuesday September 16th The last report I read said Chambers took the plane to Germany and Monreal didn't. Gibbs is already back with the squad a couple of days now and expected to start on the left. Best case scenario is Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny and Gibbs. Bellerin and Hayden are the other two defenders that are expected to cover, with the former youngster showing a real promise in some unimportant games and the latter (well actually both of them) being completely untested at this level of footy. The fitness of Mikel Arteta was at a very similar timeline as that of Gibbs ( I presume he is with the team) and may be given a start instead of Flamini. Otherwise the latter will take that role , so if you can confirm his involvement you can start looking for the yellow cards market. Wilshere, Ramsey, Sanchez and Welbeck are starters, which leaves the left flank for Ozil or Cazorla. Dortmund is without Hummels in the back, Subotic and Sokratis are the regulars there, the regular absentees in midfield Sahin, Gundogan and Kuba, joined by Reus. So one could expect Bender, Kehl and Miki making the central trio (Jojic is back-up I suppose) , Kagawa, Aubameyang and Ramos in the front. Young Durm at left back instead of Schmelzer. Groskreutz will feature somewhere in this team eventually , lately he is an offensive winger for them, but nobody knows for sure where.:D Apparently Immobile is in the team also and may feature. Many spelling errors expected, but it is late, that's generally the gist. It was covered above that both teams are potentially leaking at the back, so a small punt, just for the sake of it, at those fun bets btts and over @ evens @ bet365 for 1%. Alternatively Arsenal over 1.5 @ 2.6 for a half a point at the same place.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal > Tuesday September 16th Just a word on Bellerin - I think he will start (TBH I wonder if he would start even with Chambers fit, given that Chambers is the only CB cover Arsenal have). He's very very quick (beat Walcott's sprint record recently) and skillful and will take players on up the right flank. Defensively though, he just isn't disciplined or experienced enough yet (which is understandable). He'll give Dortmund some problems alongside Sanchez on that flank.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal > Tuesday September 16th

Arsenal will be missing Debuchy' date=' Monreal and Chambers has tonsillitis so it's possible they will have to play 19-year-old Hector Bellerin at right back from the academy team. Arsenal's lack of cover at the back was apparent before the start of the season and hasn't taken long to be exposed..[/quote'] Hoping they line-up Alexis Sanchez and Danny Welbeck, Welbeck could be a good line-up since he was present on last season Champions League I just think he is much experience when it comes to this competition.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal > Tuesday September 16th Arsenal won Dortmund last year in Germany and they want to repeat it. The ''Gunners'' spend a lot of money to improve their roster this year and they want to see results in the pitch. They didn't make the best start in Premier League after 4 games but they played very good against Manchester City at Saturday with Alexis scoring 2 goals and they want to keep the momentum going and get a positive result in Germany. Dortmund after 3 games for Bundesliga have 2 wins and they only lost to Bayer Leverkusen who are the leaders of the table. The problem Klopp has to deal with today is the injuries as he wont be able to use Reus, Hummels, Sahin, Gundogan, Kirch and Blaszczykowski. My pick is Arsenal or Draw ( DC ) @1.90 Marathonbet

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal > Tuesday September 16th I'm on Arsenal DNB. Saw Dortmund against Leverkusen and they looked pathetic and clueless to say at least. Since then victories over Augsburg and Freiburg but I don't see them nowhere near the level of Arsenal. They have problems upfront, Immobile doesn't look good, new guy Ramos is yet to show himself at this level of play, Reus injured, Kagawa scored on debut but I could compare him with Sahin who has been shadow of old himself since he return and he is also yet to prove himself. Only real threat for me is Mkhitaryan. Many injured players also doesn't favourable for them. Arsenal for 80 minutes was superior over City and should have had probably higher lead but they fell apart completely in the last minutes and lucky not to have lost the game. They have great pace upfront and i believe that Welbeck and Sanchez will give big headache to Dortmund defenders. Last year teams were also in the same group, both road wins. Goodluck

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal > Tuesday September 16th I'll have a play on this. Despite Arsenal's problems at the back they shouldn't be priced like Dortmund are playing a second rate side. The price has risen based on the Arsenal defensive team news I assume but they do have options there and whoever plays is unlikely to be a total liability. Dortmund score plenty at home but they concede plenty too, Hummels and Reus who are probably their best two players are missing and Dortmund are well known to struggle defensively when Hummels isn't there. Arsenal will be more than happy to play on the counter as it's something they rarely get a chance to do in the league, it is a tactic that suits both sides really so it is no surprise both sides won the away fixture when they faced each other last season. It's just too big a price for what are two fairly evenly matched sides. Arsenal DNB - 3.00 - bet365 - 2 Points

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal > Tuesday September 16th Have also taken Arsenal DNB at 3.00. Hard to ignore the price given Arsenal recent history in the group stage of the competition and that despite not hitting their stride yet also remain unbeaten this season. Dortmund don't quite look to be quite up to the high standard of a couple of seasons ago either. With both teams fairly evenly matched and also seemingly leaking goals this season I also quite like the correct score 2-2 at 13.0 too. Dortmund have gone over 3.5 goals 4 times in 6 matches so far this season and a 2-2 would be the third such result this season for Arsenal.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal > Tuesday September 16th If i dont remember wrong, arsenal won after scoring the only goal here last season. Arsenal played with cynicism and although dortmund had many chances, arsenal took the victry home. I dont dare t touch the overs market bcause of this..

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal > Tuesday September 16th

I'll have a play on this. Despite Arsenal's problems at the back they shouldn't be priced like Dortmund are playing a second rate side. The price has risen based on the Arsenal defensive team news I assume but they do have options there and whoever plays is unlikely to be a total liability. Dortmund score plenty at home but they concede plenty too, Hummels and Reus who are probably their best two players are missing and Dortmund are well known to struggle defensively when Hummels isn't there. Arsenal will be more than happy to play on the counter as it's something they rarely get a chance to do in the league, it is a tactic that suits both sides really so it is no surprise both sides won the away fixture when they faced each other last season. It's just too big a price for what are two fairly evenly matched sides. Arsenal DNB - 3.00 - bet365 - 2 Points LOST[/QUOTE] Easy loss to take because Arsenal were just utterly terrible from start to finish and never looked like taking anything from the game.. Me and Das Phantom won't be too disappointed.

Re: Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal > Tuesday September 16th Being that terrible as they were, Welbeck still had two great situations to put them in front in the first half, not that it means that would change something, considering how bad they were. When he was in United whenever I watched him it seemed that he just doesn't have that killer instinct in front of goal and that he needs a lot of chances to convert one. Maybe that match against Swiss was just a fluke, we'll see later on in the season.