** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Benfica v Zenit Saint-Petersburg > Tuesday September 16th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Benfica v Zenit Saint-Petersburg (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.55[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]96.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Benfica v Zenit Saint-Petersburg > Tuesday September 16th After selling some important players, the current form of Benfica isn't the same as last years, specially in the big games, as they went to penalties against Rio Ave in the Super cup, and drew against Sporting at home. Zenit currently are in top form, winning 7/7 in Russian league with a 21-4 GD, and with their manager Villas Boas who knows the portuguese teams having managed Porto and Academica in the past, I guess the best best is X2. Still, any info from some Portuguese members would be helpful

Re: Benfica v Zenit Saint-Petersburg > Tuesday September 16th SL Benfica v Zenit SL Benfica: Sílvio (0/0 d), Júlio César (0/0 g), Ljubomir Fejsa (0/0 m), Rúben Amorim (2/0 m), Miralem Sulejmani (0/0 f), Franco Jara (2/0 f) Zenit: Hulk (7/5 f, top scorer, doubtufl), Viktor Fayzulin (7/0 m) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: Benfica v Zenit Saint-Petersburg > Tuesday September 16th Odds for Benfica are a joke. I layed them heavily and will wait for live betting to close the trade. Funny facts: Villas Boas is Jesus worst nightmare...a couple os seasons ago, Villas Boas beat Jesus 3-1 in matches with an overall score of 12-4. Porto won 5-0 in the league, then won again 2-1 in Lisbon, where in case of victory they would be champions. Then, after loosing 2-0 in Dragao for the Portuguese Cup, Villas Boas managed to beat Benfica again in Lisbon by 3-1. Porto won Supercup, League, Cup and Europa League. Hulk was Porto's star. Now they also have Garay, Witsel, and Javi Garcia, three of the best players Benfica had in the last decade. I can only understand that the odds are so low because Hulk is doubtfull. Even so, i dont rate Benfica as a 1.9 favourite. Both coaches know each other perfectly...Villas Boas has the edge as he has a better team and because Jesus in the Champions league always screws things up. GL to all

Re: Benfica v Zenit Saint-Petersburg > Tuesday September 16th Zenit playing poor at the road in the CL. They managed only win 3 times in the last 10 CL games. They won against Milan 1-0 because Milan was already qualified to the next round and don't have so much to play for. They won against Porto 1-0 but Porto was down to ten man because Hector Herrera was shown the red card in the 5th minute of the game. And they only managed to score the winning goal in the 86 minute of the game. And they won against Dortmund 2-1 but Dortmund played only on the result because they won 4-2 in the first game on the road. Benfica are very strong home side. They lost only to Barcelona in last 10 CL games. But they are weaker side in this year so its very difficult to call a result of this match. Zenit are good at atack at the moment and Villas Boas knows how to play against Benfica. I'll think that both teams can score a goal. My bet would be BTTS.