** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NBA Antepost 2014/15

I'm on the Bulls at 10/1(Skybet).I think the returning Rose,plus the signing of Gasol are huge positives and Mirotic and McDermott look like they could be class.The Heat losing James weakens them and I think the other teams it's pretty much wide open out if the top ones.If Rose comes back as good or better than he was before his problems then I think could be their year.

• 1 month later...

Re: NBA Antepost Chicago Bulls The Cavs will likely emerge from the Eastern Conference. With Paul George's injury the Pacers aren't really in the mix anymore. The Wizards have a good team too but it's the Bulls who are the main challenger in the East. It will come down to how well Derrick Rose can play, whether he can stay healthy, and whether the Bulls front court can stay healthy too. Noah has had foot problems in the past. They have depth though with Gasol and then Taj Gibson coming off the bench.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: NBA Antepost Chicago Bulls Coral seem to be top priced on all teams for the outright title Mavericks to win outright 1pt @ 50/1 Coral Mavericks to win conference 1pt @ 20/1 Coral Mavericks over 50.5 regular season wins 10pts @ 6/5 Bet365 A tiptop starting five, a load of depth, tonnes of experience, Cuban looks to have positioned his Mavs for a serious tilt at honours this season. With Nowitzki and Ellis joined for this season by new pieces to the starting jigsaw in Tyson Chandler, Chandler Parsons and Jameer Nelson, there's 80% of that lineup who are entering at least their 10th season in the league. Cuban himself has acknowledged it could take a month for the chemistry to be properly there, but the experience of those on the court can only help that process. The Mavs were close last season - yes they went out in the 1st round, but it took the full 7 games for the eventual NBA Champs Spurs to dispose of them. With the additions during the off-season they look even better prepared for a real genuine title challenge this time around. Ladbrokes' line is lower than other quotes at a better price than some of them, the Mavs won 49 last season and feel it entirely reasonable to expect them to be good enough to tack on at least the required extra 2 to bring the season wins bet home. NO Pelicans to win outright 1pt @ 100/1 Coral NO Pelicans to win conference 2pts @ 50/1 Paddy NO Pelicans over 42.5 regular season wins 10pts @ 20/21 Ladbrokes Injuries permitting I like the Pelicans to surprise, if it's a surprise, people this season. In a stacked SouthWest division where the Pelicans were the only team not to make it last season, it will be tough but on the flip side if they do make it they are going to have to have performed to a standard that makes them dangerous - and the odds on offer undervalue their chances in my opinion. They finished with a 34-48 record last season, but will surely achieve way better than that this season. Beset by injuries last season, providing they can avoid similar this time around, they have the players to add 12-15+ on that total. Jrue Holliday and Ryan Anderson are at full fitness after missing the majority of last season, they traded for Omer Asik from Houston, Anthony Davis goes into his 3rd season looking every inch the absolute stud. Davis averaged over 20ppg last season with 10 boards, topped the US team for blocks during the FIBA World Cup last month, and has spoken of how much he feels he has improved just by being around the rest of the guys in the national team camp. Tyreke Evans and Austin Rivers took big strides forward on their way to posting personal bests in almost every statistic there is last season, whilst Eric Gordon has spoken of how big a sucess his offseason knee surgery was. This is a young roster with huge potential, and of course the odds are that they don't deliver even a Conference win never mind winning it all this season, but the odds are such that they are well worth a little investment, and the regular season wins total looks a good half dozen too low.

Re: NBA Antepost 2014/15 A quick final point on a speculative punt. Anthony Davis to be Regular Season MVP 1pt @ 50/1 Ladbrokes I've already explained why I am big on the New Orleans 3rd season PF, so won't elaborate too much, other than to say he put up a set of stats last season for his efficiency in the Pelicans' offense that can be matched just twice in NBA history (by luminaries by the names of David Robinson and Shaquille O'Neal!!), and I can only see him improving this season with the addition of Omer Asik who promises to mask some of the maybe defensive deficiencies still in his game. Don't forget this will be just his 3rd season in the league, and it is reasonable to assume the deficiencies will be improved on, but also the major plusses to his game will also improve with added experience. If the Pelicans can perform to my hopes and expectations, and maybe even manage to wrangle a top 4 seed in the super competitive West then you can more or less guarantee that would mean Anthony Davis has had a huge part to play in it

Re: NBA Antepost 2014/15

A quick final point on a speculative punt. Anthony Davis to be Regular Season MVP 1pt @ 50/1 Ladbrokes I've already explained why I am big on the New Orleans 3rd season PF, so won't elaborate too much, other than to say he put up a set of stats last season for his efficiency in the Pelicans' offense that can be matched just twice in NBA history (by luminaries by the names of David Robinson and Shaquille O'Neal!!), and I can only see him improving this season with the addition of Omer Asik who promises to mask some of the maybe defensive deficiencies still in his game. Don't forget this will be just his 3rd season in the league, and it is reasonable to assume the deficiencies will be improved on, but also the major plusses to his game will also improve with added experience. If the Pelicans can perform to my hopes and expectations, and maybe even manage to wrangle a top 4 seed in the super competitive West then you can more or less guarantee that would mean Anthony Davis has had a huge part to play in it
Top price 16/1 now!!!!