** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MisterMJ NFL & System Plays

MisterNFL

'm not a huge fan of wagering on NFL Preseason football but I do think that you can find certain spots that are worth an educated guess or two. I'd advise being careful and treating it as a small entertainment wager to get geared up for the regular season, if you decide to wager. I like Green Bay -7 tonight at home vs. the Oakland Raiders. 8:00 PM ET on CBS Even after they bench Aaron Rodgers and the starters the Packers have two capable QB's that are truly locked in a battle for probably one spot. Flynn and Tolzien will still have Green Bays very deep skill positons to play with (6 deep or more with quality WR's and 2nd and 3rd RB's are talented as well... and the emphasis will still be to keep the foot on the gas in my opinion. Green Bay is really emphasizing the up tempo offense this season and it's all about getting this mindset into everybody's head...the only way to do that is to actually do it on the field and this will be Green Bay's dress rehearsal. Barring injury this team is shaping up as an absolute offensive juggernaut, up tempo, playing fast and balanced to drive defenses crazy. WR 3 Boykin is worth a late round gamble in fantasy by the way. A sleeper that could end up scoring 6-8 TD's this year in my opinion. He's experienced enough now to take advantage of defenses rolling coverage toward Jordy Nelson and Cobb. You would think in an offense like this even the crumbs might end up being pretty good. Starters will not play next week because of the Thursday night NFL Opener at Seattle the following week. GB's defense is still a question mark as they play vanillla in preseason and it's really hard to guage how good they are. That is a risk but I don't think the Raiders are deep enough or good enough to matter. I could be wrong though if GB still has a very soft pass and or run defense. Lastly, it's a preseason game...who knows what could happen? It's a risk. I could be right about all of the above but some poor decisions by back up players could still give the Raiders a way to win or back door cover in the 4th quarter. I still think it's well worth the risk on this one. Green Bay covers the -7. Its nationally broadcast on CBS tonight. One more reason for the better teams players to show off a little bit, can't hurt. If you agree and play it...good luck to us. toast.gif MJ