** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

US Open 2014

Re: US Open 2014 Leonardo Mayer (+5.5 Games) to beat Kei Nishikori @ 1.980 Pinnacle Mayer blew Ebden away in the last round and so his confidence should be high, and whilst Nishikori has had no problems in his first two matches his fragile physical state makes me think that Mayer might be able to cause an upset in this match. Nishikori spoke openly ahead of this tournament of how he was unsure whether his body was ready for Grand Slam tennis, and if the Japanese is starting to feel the effects of the matches that he's played then Mayer has the game to take advantage.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: US Open 2014 Andrey Kuznetsov (+8 Games) to beat Andy Murray @ 2.050 Pinnacle Murray showed no ill-effects in his match against Bachinger after lacking energy against Haase, but I still think he will tread carefully against Kuznetsov. Getting through to the next round is the most important thing, and I think the Brit will manage this match in a similar fashion to the Bachinger match. On top of that, Kuznetsov fought hard to get past Verdasco in the last round and so the chances are he'll be fighting hard against Murray. As long as the Russian has recovered from his exertions in the last round, he can keep Murray honest here. Sam Querrey (+8.5 Games) to beat Novak Djokovic @ 1.961 Pinnacle Querrey found a little bit of form last week in Winston-Salem, and it looked as though he might pay the price for going deep in that tournament by being beaten in the first round here. After just managing to get past Gonzalez he made short work of Garcia-Lopez in his last match, and if he plays as he has done recently I don't see why he can't cover this handicap. Djokovic wiped the floor with Mathieu in the last round, but if Querrey can serve well the Serb might have to work a little harder to make the next round.

Re: US Open 2014 Sam Querrey - Novak Djokovic OVER 28.5 (1.75) Djokovic looked quite impressive in the opening two rounds, but his overall form since Wimbledon is very suspicious. A pure lack of focus in the matches and despite being a clear fav today I'm not sure he'll beat the American so easy. With player like Querrey being involved in this sort of matches, the over bet seems to be a choice by default. You gotta fancy Querrey's chances to keep sets tight with his huge serve. Kaia Kanepi (2.90) to beat Carla Suarez Navarro Suarez Navarro is enjoying her best form ever. She's picked up the consistency and seem to be coping with more powerful players much easier now. She's also improved her serve, but still I'm not sure he'll have a walkover today. Kanepi is a big hitter, surely one of the best in women's tennis and despite not being in great form of late, her win over Stosur has surely boosted her confidence, so generally speaking she has what it takes to really trouble CSN here.

Re: US Open 2014 Nick Kyrios to beat tommy Robredo, 21/20 @ 10bet . 10 pts. I reckon we are witnessing a future grand slam champ in the 19 yr old aussie, I have been following him for over a yr now and he has always impressed me both mentally and with his gameplan. I have actually bet to him to win the tournament @150/1 for a small stake . Anyway while that is very unlikely to pay out just yet I do feel he has what it takes to beat Tommy who was a shade lucky against Bolelli who gave up literally after a bad decision by the umpire. I remember Gulbis victory here against Robredo and he just pummelled him off the court that day a few yrs ago, Tommy often struggles against big hitters and they dont come any bigger than Nick on his day. My only concern could be his injury may stop him playing 100%, even at 90% I reckon he wins though.

Re: US Open 2014 Stanislas Wawrinka vs Blaz Kavcic over 32.5 games 4/5 games paddy power over 3.5 sets 11/10 paddy power I feel that this could be wawrinkas real test as his opponent is playing great and is capable of keeping the sets tight and may even nick one i just think Wawrinka is not playing his best and his opponent can cause him problems Nick Kyrgios vs Tommy Robredo over 41.5 games 4/5 paddy power This should be a great match as these two are probably the in form players in the tournament and one of these players are capable of going far in this tournament as i think it is wide open i think this will go to four or five sets Barbara Zahlavova Strycova vs Eugenie Bouchard over 20.5 games 4/5 paddy power Im been impressed with Strycova this year she is becoming more consistent in these grand slams and is really going far in these big tournament so she just will give Bouchard problems and might win a set

Re: US Open 2014 Feliciano Lopez (1.78) to beat Dominic Thiem Thiem did play some good tennis, but still he was a little bit lucky as Gulbis struggled with injury problems. However, he surely has what it takes to trouble Lopez and eventually make the match being interesting today, but I can see both experience and better form of Spaniard making a difference and prevailing at the end of the day. Lopez's had lost of ups and downs in the US Open so far and he also rode his piece of luck vs.Dodig in the first round, but he's still flying high on the back of great run of results in Toronto and seems to have a good chance to take the care of Thiem. Lucie Safarova - Shuai Peng OVER 21.5 (1.91) Two players who fight very hard for every point. Safarova seems to be a better hitter, but Peng's amazing defensive abilities could really make it hard for the Czech. Peng faced much stronger opponents on her road to the fourth round and she smashed all of them, including A.Radwanska. In other words, she's on the top of her game at the moment and will surely fancy her chances today, so I can't see her going off the court without a big effort.

Re: US Open 2014

Stanislas Wawrinka vs Blaz Kavcic over 32.5 games 4/5 games paddy power over 3.5 sets 11/10 paddy power I feel that this could be wawrinkas real test as his opponent is playing great and is capable of keeping the sets tight and may even nick one i just think Wawrinka is not playing his best and his opponent can cause him problems Nick Kyrgios vs Tommy Robredo over 41.5 games 4/5 paddy power This should be a great match as these two are probably the in form players in the tournament and one of these players are capable of going far in this tournament as i think it is wide open i think this will go to four or five sets Barbara Zahlavova Strycova vs Eugenie Bouchard over 20.5 games 4/5 paddy power Im been impressed with Strycova this year she is becoming more consistent in these grand slams and is really going far in these big tournament so she just will give Bouchard problems and might win a set
Unlucky with the bets

Re: US Open 2014 Murray has drifted out to 4/5 on betfair. Clearly this price is down to his recent form and recent defeat to Tsonga. Murray has struggled with injury this year but there are some signs he might be getting over them now. I'm willing to take the chance that he's coming back to fitness now and the price compensates for that. If we all knew he was 100%, he's be nearer 1/2 to beat Tsonga. Tsonga is a great match up for Murray, the head to head is very telling (9-2) and I'm not convinced Tsonga has improved all that much. If it was on grass, I'd be be more worried but his game is easier to dismantle on a hard court. If Murray starts well, Tsonga's UEs will mount up quickly and he could get rolled over fairly comfortably. Murray to win at 4/5

Re: US Open 2014 Azarenka - Krunic, under 19,5 @1,72 8/10 pinny I expected line arround 18,0, so this looks great to me. Krunic is very defensive player, without power and energy in her shots, looks like Errani a lot but with a bit better serve, and that type of player is ideal for Vika to destroy them. I watched Krunic vs Kvitova and think that Krunic can't better than that but Petra killed herself with a lot of UE. Krunic was 3m behind base line and placed very soft shots arround service line witch is peace of cake for Vika, I expect something like 6-2 6-2 Pennetta - Dellacqua, Pennetta -3,5 @1,65 7/10 pinny Pennetta is in good form on this US tour, here she easily beated very good American youngsters Gibbs and Rogers. Dellacqua had a lot of luck with draw to drop into second week but despite that she had some problems with not so good Mayr and Wang. I rate Pennetta at least a class better player than Dellacqua, so expect pretty easy quaterfinal for Italian.

Re: US Open 2014 Grigor Dimitrov (1.70 at Pinnacle) to beat Gael Monfils Not the most attractive odds around, but still Dimitrov seems to be more reliable player at the moment. Being in form of his life he plays with lots of confidence and more consistency and is coping with both pressure and big expectations much better than he used to do. Under the current circumstances I just can't see him failing to win today. Surely Monfils impressed against Gasquet, but he's always been an up-and-down player and is simply not to be trusted in the long run.

Re: US Open 2014 I have to agree with that. Very surprised by the odds on Dimitrov (almost 4/5 now on betfair). He's on a real upward curve and looks a slam winner in the near future (maybe even here). Head 2 head doesn't tell much, they've only played twice and have 1 win each, but Monfils' win came a long time ago when Dimitov was just out his teens. Monfils looks out of his depth here and I expect Dimitov to be far too consistent for him. Dimitrov to win at 1.79

Re: US Open 2014 Roberto Batista Agut vs Roger Federer federer to win 3-1 set betting i think it wll be hard for federer as his opponent is improving and you have to worry about his concentration in some sets Caroline Woziniacki vs Sara Errani over 2.5 sets 2/1 paddy power this will go all the way but i have not got a clue who will win it should go to three sets as these players always seem to lose a set after they are a set up

Re: US Open 2014 Anyone see Fed's match last night? I saw some of it and I was struck by how he is playing with abandon, quite brilliant at times, but he is also guaranteed to throw in one or perhaps two very sloppy service games per set. Fortunately he is returning so well that he's getting away with it. It's great to watch though, it's rare to see a top player so totally playing with his instincts rather than slowing things down so as to think through what he should do next. Against Bautista-Agut, he didn't have to hit top gear, I feel he has another level he can hit, which he will need in his upcoming match(es).

Re: US Open 2014 Some sources hint the idea that Murray would enjoy the underdog position and that Djokovic is the clear favourite to win – which is obviously so, as he is the world number 1. The bookmakers offer short odds for him to hit the victory. On the hard courts of Flushing Meadows Djokovic has long been a rock,even so, nobody can guarantee his victory and a win on Murray’s side would be a great surprise.

Re: US Open 2014 Djokovic x Murray - Djokovic 3-1 @ 3.8 (TitanBet) for a 0.3 stake Can only bet this one as there's only value here in this match. Djokovic is 1.29/1.3 atm to win against Murray and I price it accurate. Actually I would even price it lower. Conditions suit Djokovic so well and he seems well enough after that strange US Masters results. He was unfocused back then, but not this time. Murray seems to be lack match fitness and his back problem is killing him sometimes. He did have a good match against Tsonga, but I expect Djokovic to be dominant in this one. Problem is that value is on 3-1, and I expect Murray to win first or second set, and to gradually lose his match fitness and temper against a much more focused and strong Djokovic.

Re: US Open 2014 First of all, congrats for the Nishikori pick, Mattyos! I didn't have any opportunities for posting since Saturday, but here we go: Back Marin Cilic to beat Tomas Berdych for a 7/10 stake at 2.62 with Ladbrokes Fancy Marin Cilic at this price after seeing him beat Simon in the previous round. Berdych's had a dream draw until now, but Cilic will be a tough opponent for him and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Czech go down just like he did in Wimbledon, where Cilic beat him in straight sets. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cilic-vs-berdych-betting-marin-cilic-looks-value-against-the-czech-number-one-in-new-york Back G.Monfils/R.Federer - Over 38.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.95 with Pinnacle Monfils has been awesome so far, so chances are that this is going to turn into a fairly lengthy contest with neither guy being able to dominate for longer periods of time. Federer should win in the end, but I don't believe that things are going to be easy for him given how well the Frenchman has been serving recently. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/monfils-vs-federer-betting-gael-monfils-has-what-it-takes-to-trouble-roger-federer-at-flushing-meadows Back Caroline Wozniacki (-4) to beat Shuai Peng for a 7/10 stake at 1.76 with 10Bet Wozniacki has already got the job done for me in the outrights department and I'm happy to back her in the semis as well. Peng has been awesome so far, but she has a really awful record against Wozniacki, so I think that we're going to see a fairly easy victory for the Dane. Unless Wozniacki starts to feel the pressure of being so close to her first Grand Slam title, that is. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wozniacki-vs-peng-betting-caroline-wozniacki-to-stop-peng-s-run-in-this-year-s-us-open

Re: US Open 2014

Can't see Nishikori doing well in the Grand Slams unless his fitness improves big time, which it probably won't (most of the problems he has aren't easily treatable by the looks of things). As for Wawrinka - yes, he is obviously the top pick in his quarter, but he's been way too shaky recently for me to trust him at such a short price.
Not too bad for a bloke who apparently wasn't supposed to even complete the first round. Glad I stuck with him to win the quarter!

Re: US Open 2014 Tomas Berdych vs Marin Cilic over 40.5 games 4/5 paddy power Berdych to win 3-1 11/4 paddy power 5 sets 12/5 skybet This should go all the way as a number of matches in this us open have also there is not much between them and if it does go to at least four sets then either of them have played the match of their lives im going for berdych to win in four but im also going for fives sets as well so i dont lose out Gael Monfils vs Roger Federer over 38.5 games 4/5 paddy power Federer to win 3-1 3/1 paddy power i think this should be Federer toughest match as his opponent is playing well as he destroyed his opponent in the last round who i thought would go far in this tournament i think the sets should be tight and lately Federer has been losing the odd set where his concentration wanders so i think four sets should be the way to go here Shuai Peng vs Caroline Wozniacki over 20.5 games 4/5 paddy power over 2.5 sets 7/4 paddy power Ive been impressed with Peng in this tournament as i did not think should would reach the semis but she is playing her best tennis at the right time so she is high in confidence as her opponent is also playing her best so this should go all the way but watch out that Peng is playing in her first semi so she might be a bit nervous

Re: US Open 2014 Back K.Nishikori/N.Djokovic - Over 3.5 sets for a 7/10 stake at 2.17 with 10Bet The rationale behind this one is quite simply - Andy Murray was able to take a set off Djokovic and Nishikori seems to be playing better than the Scot at the moment, so chances are that he'll have enough to pose a few questions to the world's number one in the semis. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nishikori-vs-djokovic-betting-kei-nishikori-can-pose-a-few-questions-to-the-world-s-number-one Back Serena Williams (-5.5) to beat Ekaterina Makarova for a 7/10 stake at 1.91 with Pinnacle Makarova can match Williams when it comes to big hitting, but she can't match her in the other departments of the game and she's also still very fragile mentally, so I believe that we're going to see a straightforward victory for the American today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/williams-vs-makarova-betting-serena-williams-to-waste-no-time-in-the-semis-against-ekaterina-makarova

Re: US Open 2014 Marin Cilic vs Roger Federer over 38.5 games 4/5 paddy power Federer to win 3-1 set betting 11/4 paddy power i dont think it will be easy for Federer as his opponent is playing at his best so like in the previous round he will lose a set and maybe two but to win this grand slam he will have to do it the hard way Hingus and Pennetta vs Makarova and Vesnina over 21.5 games 4/5 paddy power this should be close as these doubles teams are probably the two best to reach the final and usually these finals are quite close affairs Penettas partner is a great doubles player and their opponent have been successful over a few years so expect a close match

Re: US Open 2014 Back Caroline Wozniacki (+1.5 sets) to beat Serena Williams for a 7/10 stake at 2.38 with Pinnacle I expect Serena Williams to win in the end, but Wozniacki was able to take a set off her back in Montreal and Cincinnati, so I can definitely see her doing the same today as well. She's been playing superb tennis so far in this tournament and she should feel less pressure than the defending champion, so I'd say that a set should be fully within her reach. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wozniacki-vs-williams-betting-caroline-wozniacki-looks-value-to-win-a-set-against-the-world-s-number-one-today

Re: US Open 2014 CzechPunter, what do you think will happen in the men's final? I wasn't able to catch Djokovic-Nishikori, but saw the other semifinal and Cilic's performance was just outstanding. Federer didn't play bad, there simply wasn't much he could do yesterday. Cilic's confidence should be skyhigh - although the same can be said of Nishikori - as he overcame two rivals he had never recorded a single win against, en route to the final. Nishikori is a first class returner and should like his chances in baseline rallies, but if Cilic can serve as big as he has been serving throughout the tournament, and keep the points fairly short, I think he will win.

Re: US Open 2014 Back Kei Nishikori to beat Marin Cilic for a 7/10 stake at 1.90 with Pinnacle Back K.Nishikori/M.Cilic - Under 42.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.87 with Betsson I'm giving the edge to Nishikori, I've liked him more than Cilic so far to be honest. Cilic will out-serve him, of course, but he has a record of choking under pressure and I wouldn't be surprised to see that return on Monday, even though those problems didn't surface against Federer in the semis. As a side-bet, I also like the unders, as the line seems to be a touch high given that a complete meltdown by one player (hopefully Cilic) can't be ruled out with this being the first Grand Slam final for both guys. With regard to the Federer-Cilic match, I thought that Federer was quite average to be fair, mistiming his net approaches and not getting the first serves in when it mattered. The Croat was outstanding on his serve and even a better Federer would've had serious problems to beat him, but I didn't like what I saw from the Swiss number one yesterday. Fair play to Cilic though, he did nothing wrong and he can certainly win tomorrow, but I do fancy Nishikori a bit more really. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nishikori-vs-cilic-betting-a-nervy-affair-might-be-on-the-cards-for-kei-nishikori-and-marin-cilic-on-monday