** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

August 4 - August 10

Re: August 4 - August 10 Back Feliciano Lopez to beat Tomas Berdych for a 7/10 stake at 3.01 with Pinnacle Lopez is playing well right now, while Berdych isn't - it really is as simple as that. Of course, the Czech has enough quality to bounce back and beat the Spaniard, but he hasn't been impressive for quite some time now, so chances are that he won't. Everything above 2.60 looks value to me in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lopez-vs-berdych-betting-the-spaniard-looks-value-to-upset-the-czech-in-canada-today

Re: August 4 - August 10 Back Roger Federer (-4) to beat Marin Cilic for a 7/10 stake at 1.84 with Pinnacle Fully agree with four-leaf on this one. Federer was impressive in his match against Peter Polansky, returning his serve with ease and dominating in the rallies. Cilic will be a big step up, but the Croat hasn't been all that great lately and he usually struggles to make an impact against the top guys, so I fancy the Swiss number one to cover this handicap line much more often than not. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/federer-vs-cilic-betting-roger-federer-to-build-on-his-excellent-start-to-the-tournament-on-thursday

Re: August 4 - August 10 Back Caroline Wozniacki (-5) to beat Shelby Rogers for a 7/10 stake at 1.83 with Pinnacle Bouchard gifted Rogers a win in the previous round by making a crazy amount of errors, but you just know that Wozniacki won't follow in that tracks. She's already crushed Hantuchova and Koukalova here, so I expect to see yet another routine victory for her today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wozniacki-vs-rogers-betting-caroline-wozniacki-should-be-able-to-stop-shelby-rogers-in-montreal

Re: August 4 - August 10

Back Roger Federer (-4.0) to beat Marin Cilic for a 8/10 stake at 1.81 with Pinnacle Four times they've met and four times Roger has won and in the process he has covered the -4.0 games handicap including winning by 7 games in US open 2011. Roger is playing to perfection and I very mutch doubt there is anything Marin can do to get Roger out of the rythm he's in. Marin has dropped a set in both matches he's played this tournament. Against Roger that says Marin won't have enough to trouble him this time either. Every time Roger has won in a match that is not grand slam against Marin he also has won by the same scoreline 6-4 6-3 or 6-3 6-4 so it seems it's just good old Federer with a very well control of his opponents game. Just by winning his first match having no problems at all cruising past canadian wild card Polansky 6-2 6-0 says enough about Federer now. Edit: Simply put I think Roger can dictate the play like he has done before against Marin.
man i wont be so sure about this only by looking at stats, cilic played a great tennis at umag and he has a legend coach goran ivanisevic.... they were prepairing for these kind of matches and i rather wouldnt bet at this, cilic improved his serve by alot... yesterday was a bad day for him in his match but his calm attidute was important and he won at the end... i would rather put a small bet on cilic because odds are crazy at my country around 5, and i know that hes eager to put his guns up and make another scalp... and 1 more fact croats are well known for taking down federer and this one for sure can do it

Re: August 4 - August 10 Back Sabine Lisicki to beat Agnieszka Radwanska for a 5/10 stake at 2.30 with Pinnacle Sabine is serving very well and will be up for this match against Radwanska. She has beaten Radwanska in two of the three times they've met. She will undoubtedly be feeling confident about her chances of winning here. Radwanska is in a kind of suspect form also making Lisicki more worth of a shot.

man i wont be so sure about this only by looking at stats' date=' cilic played a great tennis at umag and he has a legend coach goran ivanisevic.... they were prepairing for these kind of matches and i rather wouldnt bet at this, cilic improved his serve by alot... yesterday was a bad day for him in his match but his calm attidute was important and he won at the end... i would rather put a small bet on cilic because odds are crazy at my country around 5, and i know that hes eager to put his guns up and make another scalp... and 1 more fact croats are well known for taking down federer and this one for sure can do it[/quote'] I agree but I think you're thinking to mutch with your heart here! Roger is playing dangerously well and won't give any chances to Marin. Roger will read Marins serve very well and the question is will Marin really be up for this? He had problems beating Denis Istomin who had a shoulder injury. Cilic has not come in to the hardcourt season the way he want's to. I'm quite doubtful about Marins chances.

I agree but I think you're thinking to mutch with your heart here! Roger is playing dangerously well and won't give any chances to Marin. Roger will read Marins serve very well and the question is will Marin really be up for this? He had problems beating Denis Istomin who had a shoulder injury. Cilic has not come in to the hardcourt season they way he want's to. I'm quite doubtful about Marins chances.
What do you think about kerber-Williams and jancovik-Watson?

What do you think about kerber-Williams and jancovik-Watson?
It feels like Venus is a doubt I'm afraid. On paper it's an even match ofcourse so I don't dare to take any bets on who wins or if it goes over or under. I'm I belive of Jelena in this match. She should be to strong. Edit: You mean Jelena Jankovic - Coco Vandeweghe I suppose and not Jankovic - Watson.

Re: August 4 - August 10 i fancy a play on Wawrinka v Anderson over 2.5 sets. both these players have met 4 times in the past and 3 of those times have gone to 3 sets. none of the previous meeetings are in grand slam events either. i have also found a website i have found very usful recently called matchstat. great website for information. so i want to share it with you guys

It feels like Venus is a doubt I'm afraid. On paper it's an even match ofcourse so I don't dare to take any bets on who wins or if it goes over or under. I'm I belive of Jelena in this match. She should be to strong. Edit: You mean Jelena Jankovic - Coco Vandeweghe I suppose and not Jankovic - Watson.
Azarenka-Watson**, sorry. and you, czech, what do you think about this matches ?

Azarenka-Watson**, sorry. and you, czech, what do you think about this matches ?
Coco looked good yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised to see her edge a tight match against Jankovic today. Watson should be too fragile to hold against Azarenka, can't see her winning really. Williams/Kerber looks uncallable.

Re: August 4 - August 10 Back Andy Murray (-2.5) to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a 7/10 stake at 1.83 with William Hill Jo-Wilfried Tsonga got a massive result yesterday, but I don't think that we're going to see him upset Murray today. The Scot has never been a good match-up for the Frenchman and he seems to be playing well at the moment, so I believe that he's going to beat Tsonga with some ease. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murray-vs-tsonga-betting-andy-murray-should-be-way-too-strong-for-jo-wilfried-tsonga-in-toronto

Re: August 4 - August 10 Back Grigor Dimitrov (-2) to beat Kevin Anderson for a 7/10 stake at 1.81 with Pinnacle Arguably, Dimitrov has had to do more than Anderson on his way to the QFs and I do believe that he's still the better player of the two, so I fancy him to cover this smallish handicap line against the South African today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dimitrov-vs-anderson-betting-grigor-dimitrov-to-cover-the-handicap-line-against-kevin-anderson

Re: August 4 - August 10 Back Coco Vandeweghe (+3.5) to beat Ekaterina Makarova for a 7/10 stake at 1.95 with Pinnacle Coco Vandeweghe has been very impressive in the last couple of days, having beaten Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic in consecutive days, so I can defenitely see her pushing Makarova to the limit today. In my opinion, the Russian won't like facing the raw power the American can produce, so the 3.5 games head start for Vandeweghe does indeed look worth taking to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/vandeweghe-vs-makarova-betting-coco-vandeweghe-can-push-ekaterina-makarova-to-the-limit-on-friday

Re: August 4 - August 10 Back Feliciano Lopez (+3) to beat Milos Raonic for a 7/10 stake at 1.94 with Pinnacle Raonic doesn't seem to be particularly impressive at the moment, so I am not convinced that he's going to cover the handicap line against Feliciano Lopez today. The Spaniard seems to be going strong right now, after all, and the comeback he produced against Berdych should give him plenty of confidence to build on. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lopez-vs-raonic-betting-feliciano-lopez-looks-value-against-milos-raonic-today

Re: August 4 - August 10 Federer 2-0 at @1.60 in my local bookie is a great value in my eyes (online arround @1,5-1,55) Roger plays very good, while david is totaly out of form for a long period of time. I watched both of them yesterday, Dodig killed Ferrer and after first set he killed himself and lost almost won match where he was much better player. Federer had some problems with Cilic, but he controled whole match and I expect some good results from him in US because new racquet and 'changed' BH should be more powerfull on this sourface than on grass. I ussually don't like H2H, but this 15-0 (only 3 sets for Ferrer) are impresive and shows that David didn't have any chance when he was in top form, so I guess that this one will be very easy win for Federer.

Re: August 4 - August 10 Back Bojana Jovanovski (-4,5 games) to beat Julia Glushko for a 7/10 stake with Marathonbet @ 1,89 Glushko is not in a good period. In the last 5 tournaments, she has played 7 matches and won only one set. Jovanovski instead has reached the final in Baku and the quarterfinals at Washinghton. For me, she can cover this handicap Back Jo-Wilfried Tsonga to beat Grigor Dimitrov for a 7/10 stake with Pinnacle @ 1,735 Yesterday, Dimitrov was very lucky. Anderson has wasted 2 match point with 2 unforced errors. Tsonga has more experience than Dimitrov and in the h2h he leads 4-0.

Back Bojana Jovanovski (-4,5 games) to beat Julia Glushko for a 7/10 stake at Marathonbet @ 1,89 Back Jo-Wilfried Tsonga to beat Grigor Dimitrov for a 7/10 stake at Pinnacle @ 1,735
Any reasons why both bets are good?

Re: August 4 - August 10 First of all, I would like to say well done to all Tsonga backers. What a call that was, guys! Let's just hope that he'll get there for you in the end. Regarding the Williams-Williams match - I wouldn't dare to touch anything in that one. If the two play like they did in the last couple of days, Serena should win and probably even cover the 4.5 games handicap line, but, as far as I'm concerned, there are just way too many unknown factors in regard to that match. Back Jo-Wilfried Tsonga to beat Grigor Dimitrov for a 7/10 stake at 1.75 with Pinnacle My only worry here is that Tsonga might take things a bit more lightly now that he's already managed to do so much in this tournament. He's experienced enough to deal with that, however, and he's certainly playing better than Dimitrov right now, so I am happy to back him at this price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/tsonga-vs-dimitrov-jo-wilfried-tsonga-to-make-it-through-to-the-finals-in-toronto Back Feliciano Lopez (+4) to beat Roger Federer for a 7/10 stake at 2.04 with Pinnacle Lopez has been getting the job done for me so far this week and a good serving performance should allow him to cover this handicap line against Federer today, so I'll back the Spaniard for the fourth day in a row. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lopez-vs-federer-betting-feliciano-lopez-can-make-things-hard-for-the-swiss-number-one-today Back A.Radwanska/E.Makarova - Under 21.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.96 with Pinnacle Even though they've already met on five occasions, they're yet to play a third set, so the unders look like the most logical bet to me in this match. Makarova can fire on all cylinders and really blow Radwanska off the court, while the world's number five should win quite easily if that doesn't happen. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/radwanska-vs-makarova-betting-the-unders-look-like-the-right-call-in-the-match-between-makarova-and-radwanska

Re: August 4 - August 10 Back Anna Tatishvili to beat Anna-Karolina Schmiedlova for a 7/10 stake with Marathonbet @ 1,85 In July, Schmiedlova has played only 2 matches and in both she lost easily (6-3 6-3 Kucova and 6-3 6-1 Hogenkamp). Tatishvili is not a great opponent but, for me, 1,85 is a good price.

Re: August 4 - August 10 Back Agnieszka Radwanska to beat Venus Williams for a 7/10 stake at 1.93 with Pinnacle I'd have Radwanska around 1.75 here, so 1.93 looks like a price worth taking to me. She should be able to work around the big shots that Williams will want to go for, so chances are that she'll be able to emerge victorious in Montreal today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/radwanska-vs-williams-betting-agnieszka-radwanska-to-capture-the-title-in-montreal Back Jo-Wilfried Tsonga to beat Roger Federer for a 7/10 stake at 3.01 with Pinnacle Tsonga has done nothing wrong so far in this tournament, so I am happy to back him against Federer at these odds. After what he's already managed to do in this tournament, a victory against the Swiss number one simply doesn't look impossible by any means. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/tsonga-vs-federer-betting-jo-wilfried-tsonga-not-to-be-underestimated-in-the-toronto-finals

Re: August 4 - August 10 agree with both ^^, Tsonga certainly being underestimated by the looks of things imo. The Federer price really looks like a mistake to me but we still tend to see pricing like this in tennis when involving former #1's. Venus meanwhile on the heels of 9 grueling sets over the last 3 days. I think that Aga should be slightly favored as well

Re: August 4 - August 10 Back Benoit Paire (-1,5 sets) to beat Blaz Rola for a 7/10 stake with Marathonbet @ 1,65 Paire is back to play a good tennis. In Toronto he played a great match against Wawrinka (final tie-break). Yesterday he left only 4 games to Zverev. Rola instead prefers to play on clay where he achieved his greatest successes.