** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Royal London One Day Cup

kevshat

Re: Royal London One Day Cup Had a scout through the previews and team news for today's Royal London. Essex in my opinion are a bad price for a team missing Ryder, Ten Doeschate and Napier. I would make them around 8/11 but I wouldn't want to back Northants with hard earned either. Hampshire are resting quite a few for t20 finals day. No Wood, Vince, Smith or Ervine. Yorkshire need to win and have taken a full squad so they look good imo. Won't touch the Lancashire game that looks messy. But totally agree with kevshat re Gloucestershire. Klinger is back for them following injury and Gidman is back in too. They are talking up their need for a home tie on twitter and want to give it. "A real go". A double for me Yorkshire and Gloucestershire both to win

Re: Royal London One Day Cup 1st QF preview: 2pts J.Taylor Top Nottinghamshire Batsman 4/1 Coral Nottinghamshire are likely to win this match but you won’t get too rich backing them. One area where there is some money to be made is in the Top Nottinghamshire Batsman market where James Taylor is underrated. Taylor is in excellent form. He scored a majestic 100 at Lords a couple of weeks ago and then blasted his way to another 50 against Warwickshire last week. He’s knocking on the door of the England set up again and can show why here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nottinghamshire-vs-derbyshire-betting-james-taylor-can-lead-his-side-into-the-semis

Re: Royal London One Day Cup Just a word of note regarding today's match between Kent and Gloucestershire. Whilst I do fancy Kent to win this, having watched the two teams batting 2nd yesterday fail to chase "okish" targets I'm wondering if the life of these end of season wickets is starting to shorten rapidly to become slow for those batting last. Hence I wouldn't want to be on a short one batting second unless the target is very low.

Re: Royal London One Day Cup SF2 preview: 4pts Durham to beat Nottinghamshire 13/10 Bet365 I think Durham are decent value here. They have enough cards in their favour. They’ve beaten Nottinghamshire this week already, they’re at home and they have the better bowling attack, all of which should be important. Nottinghamshire’s batsmen can blast any side away but if they get off to a slow start and Taylor doesn’t deliver their bowling could well be exposed to this powerful Durham side. With all that in mind I’ll take the home side here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/durham-vs-nottinghamshire-betting-durham-can-return-to-lord-s-for-one-day-final

Re: Royal London One Day Cup With Harry Gurney and Alex Hales away with England and Ben Stokes allowed to play for Durham today I preferred the look of Durham as well. A word of caution though the Durham wiki / opening batsman has a late injury test due to a knee injury. Mustard caught/stumped four wickets in their win against Yorkshire so his omission shouldn't be underestimated if he doesn't play. if all fit will be rowing in with Durham. Will have a couple of small sides, I don't know why but I fancy Rushworth to get Lumb out lbw playing across the line on a straight ball so will look for a price on his manner of exit, and Franklin to be the top Notts bat.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Royal London One Day Cup Final preview: 4pts Durham to beat Warwickshire 6/5 Boylesports Warwickshire look a strong side with the bat but there is chinks of weakness with the ball which hasn’t been exposed yet. Durham have a side who can expose those weaknesses and in Ben Stokes and Paul Collingwood they have players who rise to the big occasion and deliver. John Hastings’ absence is a blow but one thing about Durham is they’re not short of seamers and they look overpriced to cause an upset here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/durham-vs-warwickshire-betting-durham-can-end-their-season-with-silverware-at-lord-s