** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

July 21 - July 27

Back Denis Istomin to win ATP Atlanta for a 2/10 stake at 15.50 with Pinnacle Back Sam Querrey to win ATP Atlanta for a 2/10 stake at 13.00 with Pinnacle Isner looked rather poor in Newport, so I'll go with Istomin and Querrey instead. Both have done well on the North American hard courts previously and both have what it takes to beat guys like Isner or Anderson, so I'm happy to have a punt on them at these prices. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-atlanta-betting-john-isner-looks-fairly-vulnerable-in-the-men-s-tournament-in-atlanta Back Marcel Granollers to win ATP Gstaad for a 2/10 stake at 11.17 with Pinnacle Back Dominic Thiem to win ATP Gstaad for a 2/10 stake at 17.00 with Stan James Back Dustin Brown to win ATP Gstaad for a 1/10 stake at 51.00 with Bet365 I liked what I saw from Thiem and Granollers in Hamburg, so they could out-perform the likes of Youzhny and Verdasco, who have both been rather average lately. Meanwhile, Dustin Brown could be a good outside pick if he finds his rhythm early on. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-gstaad-betting-some-of-the-bigger-underdogs-could-shine-in-gstaad-next-week Back Marin Cilic to win ATP Umag for a 3/10 stake at 4.00 with Bet365 Back Dusan Lajovic to win ATP Umag for a 1/10 stake at 42.86 with Pinnacle Marin Cilic should be the man to beat in Umag once again, while Dusan Lajovic looked rather good in Hamburg and the conditions could be a good fit for him, so he looks worth a punt at odds this big. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-umag-betting-marin-cilic-and-dusan-lajovic-look-value-in-croatia Back Elina Svitolina to win WTA Baku for a 2/10 stake at 8.00 with BetVictor The defending champion should know the Baku conditions better than most and she certainly has what it takes to win a tournament like this one, so she looks slightly overpriced to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-baku-betting-elina-svitolina-has-what-it-takes-to-defend-her-title-in-baku

Re: June 21 - June 27 Back Andrey Golubev (-2.5) to beat Inigo Cervantes-Huegun for a 7/10 stake at 1.86 with Pinnacle Fancy Golubev to cover this handicap line more often than not. He wasn't all that poor against Paire last week and he's still a level or two above Cervantes-Huegun, so he should be able to deal with him with something to spare today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/golubev-vs-cervantes-huegun-betting-andrey-golubev-to-cover-the-handicap-line-in-gstaad-on-monday

July 21- July27 3 ATP events this week: Atlanta, Gstaad, Umag. WTA event in Baku 2 picks for today for me: ATP UMAG: CARRENO OVER LORENZI @ 1.5 on ladbrokes/betfred Good match-up of styles for Carreno as Lorenzi is not able to play as consistent and he is not an attacking player as well, hence an easy win for Carreno over Lorenzi just in last week's tournament. ATP ATLANTA: QUERREY-JOHNSON OVER 22 GAMES @ 1.63 on pinnaclesports Two players with big powerful serves and big baseline game. Probably a 3 setter or long 2 sets match

Re: June 21 - June 27 Back Edouard Roger-Vasselin (-4) to beat Borna Coric for a 7/10 stake at 2.07 with Pinnacle Borna Coric might be seen as one of the bigger talents on the tour right now, but he's yet to live up to the expectations, so I don't believe that he'll be able to take something from this match. Roger-Vasselin might not be strong enough to challenge the world's elite, but this looks like a match that he should be able to win with ease. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/roger-vasselin-vs-coric-betting-edouard-roger-vasselin-should-be-too-strong-for-borna-coric-in-umag

Re: July 21 - July 27 Back J.Cepelova/N.Jafarova - Over 13 games for a 8/10 stake at 1.82 with Pinnacle Cepelova is going to win this, there can be no doubts about that, but I'm happy to have a punt on it not being a 6-0 6-0 victory. Cepelova will have to adapt to new conditions after playing on clay in Bastad last week and she hasn't been all that superb recently, so I am not sure that she'll be at her absolute best against Jafarova, who won a game against Vekic in Baku last year and who has actually played some lower-level matches since then, so chances are that she's going to be strong enough to win two or three games on Tuesday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cepelova-vs-jafarova-betting-jana-cepelova-might-drop-a-game-or-two-against-nazrin-jafarova

Re: July 21 - July 27 Back Aleksandr Nedovyesov to beat Robin Haase for a 7/10 stake at 3.09 with Pinnacle Nedovyesov has a 2-0 record against Haase this year, having beaten him just a few days ago in the German tennis league, so he looks fairly overpriced to me here. Both guys are loose cannons, so the match might easily come down to who's in the better form right now - and, well, I think that it'd be fairly hard to make a case for Haase in that regard. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nedovyesov-vs-haase-betting-aleksandr-nedovyesov-looks-value-against-robin-haase-in-gstaad

Re: July 21 - July 27 Back Ante Pavic to beat Horacio Zeballos for a 7/10 stake at 3.14 with Pinnacle Have to fancy Pavic at this price, as he's a steadily improving player that should be full of confidence after being rather successful during the grass court swing. Zeballos, on the other hand, has been sliding down the rankings for quite some time now and he's now more about challengers than about ATP events, so I don't believe that he deserves this sort of favoritism here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pavic-vs-zeballos-betting-ante-pavic-has-what-it-takes-to-beat-horacio-zeballos-in-umag

Re: July 21 - July 27 Back Jana Cepelova to beat Pauline Parmentier for a 8/10 stake at 1.58 with SBOBet I was positively surprised by how well Cepelova handled her opening match against Jafarova and how easily she's adapted to the Baku conditions, so I expect her to be way too strong for Pauline Parmentier, who appears to have crumbled apart slightly yet again after impressing everyone in the French Open, today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cepelova-vs-parmentier-betting-jana-cepelova-should-be-too-strong-for-pauline-parmentier

Re: July 21 - July 27 Back Denis Istomin (-3.5) to beat Lukas Lacko for a 7/10 stake at 1.83 with Pinnacle This shouldn't be too hard for Istomin if he plays like he did against Ram yesterday, as Lacko seems to be a challenger-level player these days. Moreover, the Uzbek has a 5-1 record against the Slovak, so it's really hard to see past the world's number forty-one in this contest. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/istomin-vs-lacko-betting-the-match-between-denis-istomin-and-lukas-lacko-might-be-rather-short

Re: July 21 - July 27 Back Viktor Troicki (-2.5) to beat Andrey Golubev for a 8/10 stake at 1.92 with Pinnacle Viktor Troicki looks like a man on a mission, while Golubev struggled against Cervantes-Huegun on Monday, nearly losing after throwing away a big lead in the decider. If Troicki plays like he did against Thiem in the first round, this match should be fully on his racket. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/troicki-vs-golubev-betting-viktor-troicki-to-continue-his-comeback-with-a-good-win-over-andrey-golubev Back John Isner (-3.5) to beat Robby Ginepri for a 8/10 stake at 1.85 with Pinnacle There's obviously the danger of this coming down to two tie-breaks, but I think that Isner will be able to get the job done in a more straightforward manner. The return to regular hard courts should suit him and he's more than just a notch above Ginepri quality-wise, so this could be rather similar to the Isner-Krajicek and Isner-Odesnik matches we saw in Newport two weeks ago. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/isner-vs-ginepri-betting-john-isner-should-have-no-problems-against-robby-ginepri-in-atlanta

Re: July 21 - July 27 Hi Czech, I should have come into this thread a lot earlier but got caught up with work stuff yesterday. I was following Sela Vs Karlovic recently and was really impressed with the Israeli. He definitely should have taken the first set tiebreak when leading 4-0 and in the second set tiebreak, he only lost by the odd point, so he was in good shape coming into this. So I was tempted by the juicy odds on Sela to beat Querrey yesterday as Querrey has no real Plan B when his serve isn't firing, Sela has a better all round game in my opinion. Sadly I wasn't brave enough to take the plunge on Sela having been stung by some other recent bets. As for Istomin Lacko, yes it was a surprsing loss considering how well Istomin has been performing of late. I was following this one as well, and won a few quid on Lacko in running, once I could see how poorly Istomin was performing. It's hard to say if this will be a turning point in Lacko's season or if Istomin just had an off day. Either way, the Slovakian did well to mosrly dominate the match from early in the second set onwards, despite almost throwing it away with some nervy serving when approaching the finish line.

Re: July 21 - July 27 Sela winning wasn't THAT shocking for me, the neat scoreline was. Lacko was the real shocker, don't think that it will be a turning point for him, however - unless he strings a few of these wins together, which doesn't look likely with Jack Sock up next.

Re: July 21 - July 27 For me; this is not about who the current better player is, but who's game is tougher for the other to contest against. Remember Zeballos is a lefty that's 'go to' shot is his lefty swinging forehand crosscourt, into the right handers backhand, dragging them outwide and either forcing them into an error, or manufacturing a situation where they have their opponent in a helpless, no-mans' land position/situation on the court. (Basically forcing them to give away court position) Coric will combat this favoured effective winning pattern of play Zeballos adopts however I believe, by the combination of his immaculate movement across the court and defensively brilliant backhand. Coric's defensive movement and shots hit to a continuous good length into the corners will have Zeballos struggling and I really feel/believe Hoacio may well become ground down by this. Anything he throws at Coric on this ultra slow clay-court here in Umag with his game may well be absorbed. Borna is also likely to be inspired going into this one and will play closer to his current potential, than Zeballos will his. Zeballos' has also not played a lot of matches lately, leaving him vulnerable in tight situations where there is pressure. He isn’t really match-tight, I’d imagine. In summary I reckon the angles Zeballos finds with his lefty forehand that swing out wide won’t prove as difficult for Coric as they do against most players on clay. That’s the crux behind why I think Coric will most likely win this encounter. The young Croat to come through in two closely contested sets. Recommended play: Borna Coric ML at 2.54

Re: July 21 - July 27 Remember to post the bookie next time, BallsforTennis. Back Stefanie Vogele (-2.5) to beat Shahar Peer for a 8/10 stake at 1.92 with Unibet Despite her good record in this particular tournament, I think that Peer isn't going to find her way past Vogele on Friday. The world's number seventy-two appears to be back to her past after struggling for quite some time, while Peer is still incredibly up-and-down (against Dolonc, she managed to lose six games in a row in the first set after going 3-0 up, for example), so I am happy to go for a bet on Vogele here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/vogele-vs-peer-betting-stefanie-vogele-to-cover-the-handicap-line-against-shahar-peer-in-baku

Re: July 21 - July 27 Back Shuai Peng to win WTA Nan Chang for a 8/10 stake at 1.83 with Bet365 Jie Zheng's departure has left Shuai Peng as the main favorite for the title and I think that she's indeed going to capture the title in Nan Chang. She's more than just a notch above the rest of the field quality-wise and I am not worried about her as far as motivation is concerned either, so anything above 1.70 looks worth taking to me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-nan-chang-betting-shuai-peng-to-capture-the-title-in-nan-chang-this-week

Re: July 21 - July 27 Back Marinko Matosevic (+2.5) to beat John Isner for a 8/10 stake at 1.84 with Pinnacle Isner was uncharacteristically average yesterday, so fancy Matosevic on this handicap line. The conditions are surprisingly slow from what I saw, so we might get to see a few rallies in this one - and, if Isner's performance against Ginepri is anything to go by, Matosevic should have a decent stake in most of them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/matosevic-vs-isner-betting-marinko-matosevic-to-play-a-good-match-against-john-isner-in-atlanta

Re: July 21 - July 27 man is it just me or is Svitolina at 1.7 vs Schiavone seem awfully enticing? i can't wrap my head around these odds tbh. Schiavone on a hard court, which isn't her preferred surface, and at her old age seems to simply be making the rounds at most tournaments these days while Svitolina is defending champ here and is ascending. schiavone making the semis i credit to the weak field

Re: July 21 - July 27 Svlitoina at 1.72 Pinnacle Pospisil at 1.8 Pinnacle Pospisil 2-0 at 2.98 Pinnacle Jovanovski at 1.82 Pinnacle Sela's there by default, doesn't have the reach to get his racquet onto Pospisil's serves and has a toddler serve. He will get obliterated by Vasek. Veogele is over-rated, decent shot maker, but struggles for generating her own power and these courts are slow as anything. She prefers them faster. Jovanosvski has more consistent, controlled aggression. Schiavone has no backhand and a great mover on slow hardcourts in Svlitolina will expose that and cruise past her. All will win, all with ease.

Re: July 21 - July 27

man is it just me or is Svitolina at 1.7 vs Schiavone seem awfully enticing? i can't wrap my head around these odds tbh. Schiavone on a hard court' date=' which isn't her preferred surface, and at her old age seems to simply be making the rounds at most tournaments these days while Svitolina is defending champ here and is ascending. schiavone making the semis i credit to the weak field[/quote'] Yes, she certainly deserves to be the favorite and she's perhaps even worth a bet at those odds. The only thing that I am afraid about is Schiavone being more stable and Svitolina somehow self-destructing, since it's fair to say that the Ukrainian isn't exactly the pinnacle of consistency. Nonetheless, she's going up and Schiavone is going down these days, so yeah, Svitolina is the fav from my point of view as well.

Re: July 21 - July 27

What's are everyone's thoughts on Jack Sock beating John Isner?
I think in this match everything depends on 1st serve. He who will be better in this element will win. For me it is like coin toss... No bet for me.