** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Matchplay 19-27 Jul

kevshat

Re: World Matchplay 19-27 Jul Tournament preview: 2pts ew J.Wade to win World Matchplay 14/1 Paddy Power (1/2 1-2) James Wade looks in good form at the minute and he loves Blackpool so we should expect a big run from the Machine this week. Wade’s confidence was boosted when he won the European Tour event in Gibraltar at the end of last month and he was only edged out in a deciding leg by Gary Anderson in the quarter final in Dusseldorf last week. We know Wade knows how to get it done here because he has won this tournament in the past and with a point to prove on the top stage having been left out of the Premier League, Wade certainly won’t lack for motivation. He’s in a nice little section of the draw where he should find a rhythm early in the event which he can use later to land another Matchplay crown. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/world-matchplay-betting-james-wade-has-the-confidence-to-conquer-all-in-blackpool-again

Re: World Matchplay 19-27 Jul 1st Quarter preview: 1pt T.Jenkins to win 1st Quarter 18/1 Bet365 Terry Jenkins seems to be the forgotten man at the minute. Here is a guy who has been to the final of this tournament on two occasions and a number of semi finals too. He has won a tour event this year and made the final of another and hit a nine dart finish too and perhaps more importantly he has made the final of the UK Open already this year and he beat van Gerwen along the way in that tournament. He still has the ability to beat anyone and repeatedly puts in 100+ averages in tour events. At 18/1 he is a fantastic value punt to win this quarter. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/world-matchplay-betting-terry-jenkins-looks-overpriced-in-the-top-section

Re: World Matchplay 19-27 Jul 3rd Quarter preview: 1pt M.Smith to win 3rd Quarter 11/1 Coral I’ve been a big Michael Smith fan for ages but he’s gone from strength to strength in the last few months. Sometimes a win as big as beating Taylor in the World Championship can make you believe your own hype and you fade away but this kid has class and quality and will win plenty of tournaments both big and small. He comes into this tournament in good nick having made the semi final of a European Tour event last month beating Taylor and Lewis along the way and having made two finals this year life is good for the heavy scoring Smith. He looks good value in this quarter to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/world-matchplay-betting-michael-smith-can-show-his-world-championship-run-was-no-fluke

Re: World Matchplay 19-27 Jul 4th Quarter preview: 2pts P.Wright to win 4th Quarter 5/1 Bet365 I think Peter Wright is the real deal though and have done for a while and if that is right he could well come through this at a decent price. Admittedly he will have to do it the hard way but he scores so consistently now and finishes well enough in the main that he can be a tough man to stop. Wright has made the final of the World Championship so the big stage doesn’t worry him and having won in Germany last week he’s in great form. At 5/1 he’s the value here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/world-matchplay-betting-peter-wright-can-come-through-the-bottom-quarter

Re: World Matchplay 19-27 Jul [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 19 July 2014[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] White, I v Jenkins, T (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Painter, K (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.55 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Gerwen, M v Beaton, S (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.12 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Smith, A (22:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 20 July 2014[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Chisnall, D v Winstanley, D (13:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.52 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dolan, B v Burnett, R (14:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Thornton, R v Nicholson, P (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Jones, W (16:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Pipe, J v Smith, M (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newton, W v Baxter, R (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.59 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Webster, D (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.11 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Barneveld, R v van der Voort, V (22:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 21 July 2014[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wright, P v Bunting, S (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] King, M v Huybrechts, K (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.67 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v Gilding, A (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.18 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Anderson, G v Caven, J (22:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: World Matchplay 19-27 Jul Saturday previews: 4pts T.Jenkins to beat I.White 11/10 Paddy Power If both play their best games then this should be a cracking match but I can’t help but feel that White’s form has just tailed off recently and that plays into Jenkins’ hands. White is a steady player who doesn’t do a lot wrong but Jenkins is a heavy scorer and when he hits his doubles crisply he can beat anyone in the game as we saw in the UK Open. With that in mind I’ll take the odds against on The Bull here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/white-vs-jenkins-betting-terry-jenkins-can-edge-out-white-in-blackpool-opener 4pts K.Painter (+2.5 legs) to beat S.Whitlock Evs William Hill Kevin Painter bounced back to some solid form last weekend and I think he has enough about him to challenge Whitlock here if not beat him. Although Whitlock’s form has improved in the last couple of weeks he still misses a few too many doubles which Painter doesn’t do when he’s on form. His finishing in Dusseldorf last week was spot on and if he can repeat that here he can get to eight legs if not all 10. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-painter-betting-kevin-painter-can-push-whitlock-close-in-blackpool 4pts M.van Gerwen vs S.Beaton - Over 14.5 legs 4/5 Ladbrokes I don’t think Beaton will have the consistency or the quality to win this match but I think he can hold his own in it. Van Gerwen hasn’t been blowing opponents away for a while and Beaton still scores strongly enough to take five legs even if he doesn’t make it all the way to ten. Van Gerwen still has lapses on his doubles which will keep Beaton interested so I expect to see 15 legs if not more here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-beaton-betting-steve-beaton-can-hold-his-own-against-the-world-champion 4pts J.Wade (-3.5 legs) to beat A.Smith 5/6 Spreadex I expect Wade to be too strong for Andy Smith here. Smith’s record in this tournament is nothing to write home about and while he played well in Dusseldorf last week this is a different story. This stage is going to be boiling hot and Smith isn’t in the best condition to deal with that. Wade has no such problems. He plays his best darts on this stage and can come through with plenty in hand here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-a-smith-betting-james-wade-should-ease-into-the-second-round-in-blackpool

Re: World Matchplay 19-27 Jul Sunday afternoon previews: 4pts D.Chisnall vs D.Winstanley - Over 9.5 180s Evs Coral This should be a great match between two players who are pretty similar in style. They both score heavily and they both miss a raft of doubles so there is sure to be some drama in this match. Winstanley gave one of his lifetime best performances on this stage two years ago when he beat Gary Anderson in a first round epic while Chisnall is a man for the big stage. I expect a good match here and one with at least ten 180s. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chisnall-vs-winstanley-betting-sunday-can-begin-with-plenty-of-180s 3pts R.Burnett to beat B.Dolan 7/4 Paddy Power I think Burnett is worth chancing here. Dolan is a much improved player but we still don’t see his best form on the big stage as often as we should or as we need to from a player with his ranking. Burnett knows how to get up for these tournaments and he has had some big results on the big stage in the last few years. At 7/4 he’s just a little too big here I feel. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dolan-vs-burnett-betting-richie-burnett-can-surprise-the-irishman-in-blackpool 3pts P.Nicholson to beat R.Thornton 9/4 Ladbrokes A lot of this match will be settled in Thornton’s head. If he plays well then he has enough to beat Paul Nicholson with plenty in hand but his record here is absolutely awful and that is enough to make anyone doubt themselves. Thornton has played here enough times now that his record is a genuine one so the value in this match could be for Nicholson to hang around and not go away and eventually sneak over the line. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/thornton-vs-nicholson-betting-paul-nicholson-value-to-continue-thornton-s-blackpool-woes 4pts A.Hamilton (-2.5 legs) to beat W.Jones 4/5 Bet365 Although I don’t think Hamilton is at his best, or in truth anywhere near it, I do think the big stage will bring enough out of him for him to come through this with a bit to spare. Hamilton hasn’t been scoring devastatingly well but he’s generally decent enough and his finishing can pinch him a couple of legs too. Jones is a steady eddie but you won’t get blown away by him and Hamilton shouldn’t lose this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-jones-betting-andy-hamilton-should-be-too-good-for-jones

Re: World Matchplay 19-27 Jul Sunday evening previews: 5pts M.Smith to beat J.Pipe 4/5 Betfred We’ve got a real clash of styles here and normally you’d wonder how well Smith will deal with Pipe’s steady style but given that the youngster has won the last four matches between the two he obviously handles it fine so we can back him with a little more confidence. There’s nothing wrong with Pipe at the minute but Smith is about to really breakthrough in the very top level of the game and that can start with a win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pipe-vs-m-smith-betting-michael-smith-can-use-all-his-talent-to-get-past-pipe 4pts R.Baxter to beat W.Newton 13/8 William Hill I like Baxter here. He has an excellent record in this tournament so this is clearly an arena that he enjoys playing in and I would suggest a format he enjoys too. The same can’t always be said of Wes Newton though so there is definitely a bit of value in the Rocket. Newton has just slid off the top of his game and with the pressure on him here I like the idea of opposing him. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-baxter-betting-ronnie-baxter-looks-good-value-in-blackpool-opener 4pts D.Webster Over 2.5 180s 5/4 Skybet I’m not going to say Webster will win this game but if he can get Taylor under pressure it could get interesting. I’m not interested in Taylor at the prices at all. The best bet of the match could be for Webster to hit more than 2.5 180s. When he finds a rhythm he goes about his business in a solid manner and hits a lot of big scores. That line looks too low to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-webster-betting-darren-webster-can-lob-a-few-180s-against-the-power 4pts R.Barneveld (-3.5 legs) to beat V.van der Voort 21/20 Betfair Vincent van der Voort’s record against Barneveld is abject to say the least and I’m not convinced it is going to get a huge amount better here. He has flashes of being very good but then counteracts that with some sloppyness and it is his sloppy spells that Barneveld can jump all over. We’ve seen throughout 2014 how heavily Barneveld has scored and assuming he finishes anything like ok he should have no problems here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barneveld-vs-van-der-voort-betting-barney-should-have-too-much-in-all-dutch-clash

Re: World Matchplay 19-27 Jul Monday previews: 5pts P.Wright vs S.Bunting - Over 7.5 180s 4/5 Skybet This has all the ingredients of being an absolute classic and if it goes all the way it could go down as one of the best ever Blackpool matches. I think Wright will edge it but I wouldn’t be surprised if he needs a tie break to get it done. Another thing I expect here is plenty of 180s and I’m surprised to see the line as low as 7.5. Both can hit plenty of 180s so this should be covered. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wright-vs-bunting-betting-clash-of-the-first-round-should-contain-plenty-of-180s 4pts G.Anderson vs J.Caven - Over 16.5 legs 11/10 Coral This should be another good match on a cracking Monday evening card in this tournament. Anderson is clearly in brilliant form and Caven looks to be coming back into something like his best form too so there should be plenty of high scores and lots of decent finishes for us to enjoy here. Matches between these two tend to be tight and there’s nothing to suggest this won’t be either so I like over 16.5 legs here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/anderson-vs-caven-betting-two-form-players-might-take-some-separating-in-blackpool 4pts A.Lewis vs A.Gilding - Over 7.5 180s Evs Winner Sports Make no mistake about it Gilding is a dangerous opponent for Lewis and if he isn’t overawed by the big stage and if he brings with him the form he had at the start of the year he can take Lewis out here. I’m not convinced that will be the case but I think this could be quite a close match. If it is then with the way these two score we should see more than eight 180s. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-gilding-betting-heavy-scoring-should-proceed-in-penultimate-first-round-game 4pts M.King vs K.Huybrechts - Over 16.5 legs 10/11 Skybet I think this will be a close match. Both are evenly matched and both know how to hold their throw. The match should be at a decent rhythm which will suit both so I expect them to slug it out right until the end. I would be surprised if this is won by more than one break of throw so the over 16.5 legs looks a very real possibility to me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/king-vs-huybrechts-betting-two-solid-players-likely-to-go-all-the-way-in-opening-round

Re: World Matchplay 19-27 Jul Is it just me or does Nicholson look tempting at odds against? Both players squeezed through the opening round but Nicholson's win against Thornton looks a lot more impressive than Newton's struggle. Maybe I'm looking too much at one match but I don't think either player has been playing great of late so don't see why Newton should be the favourite here.

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 22 July 2014[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Chisnall, D (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.54 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.65 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Burnett, R (20:15 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Gerwen, M v White, I (21:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.96 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Van Barneveld, R (22:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.65 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 23 July 2014[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nicholson, P v Newton, W (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.04 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bunting, S v Anderson, G (20:15 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Smith, M (21:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v King, M (22:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.26 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Tonight's previews: 4pts D.Chisnall vs A.Hamilton - Over 12.5 180s Evs BetVictor If both play well this should be a great game. Both score heavily and the difference could be Hamilton’s stronger finishing power. At the prices he could well be value on that alone but the more safer looking bet would appear to be the over 12.5 180s. Both men plough in the maximums and over this length of match they could both easily notch half a dozen maximums each and a couple more besides so at even money I’ll take the 180s here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-chisnall-betting-tuesday-s-action-can-open-with-a-lot-of-180s 4pts J.Wade (-4.5 legs) to beat R.Burnett 21/20 Boylesports Both men will need to improve on their first round performances to come through this but that is possible. Wade is likely to improve the most though and I don’t see him giving Burnett the amount of chances that Dolan gave the Welshman in the first round. Wade wasn’t perfect in the opening round but a slow pace could’ve been one of the reasons for that. He’s been in good nick in the main recently and should come through here pretty comfortably. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-burnett-betting-james-wade-can-be-too-strong-for-burnett-in-blackpool 4pts M.van Gerwen vs I.White - Over 20.5 legs 5/6 Betfred This has all the makings of a really good game of darts and I think it will be just that. I think it will be pretty close too. Van Gerwen may well have won the last five meetings but the last four have all been close and White is a much better player now than he was in some of those matches. There will be legs where van Gerwen is unplayable but he’ll throw up some chances too and that should see us past 20.5 legs. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-white-betting-ian-white-can-push-van-gerwen-close-once-again 4pts S.Whitlock vs R.Barneveld - Over 21.5 legs 5/6 Unibet This has the makings of being a real cracker. Both look in good nick and both can clearly score heavily and finish well when they get the chance so unless someone isn’t well or something I would envisage this being pretty close throughout. Barneveld has had the better of their recent meetings and I’d expect him to get the better of the Australian here too if I was pushed but I expect more than 21.5 legs before he does so. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-barneveld-betting-tie-of-the-round-looks-like-being-a-lengthy-one

Re: World Matchplay 19-27 Jul I think the 180s bet on Hamilton is dangerous. His finishing is the difference as he is not a massive scorer... don't get me wrong he's decent but not prolific like Lewis, MVG, Anderson. The issue I have is that he switches a lot so goes down for the 57s! I am very tempted by 11/8 at most bookies on Hamilton. I think this is a 5/6 both matchup.

Re: World Matchplay 19-27 Jul Wednesday previews: 4pts P.Nicholson to beat W.Newton Evs Stan James There are a few ifs around this match but for me the biggest of them is if Paul Nicholson can repeat his performance of the first round then I think he will win this. Newton hasn’t been playing all that well since he had that break for illness in the Premier League. His subsequent beatings in that competition may have had a lasting effect and he hasn’t been the same player since. Nicholson has something to build on and if he does it he should win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nicholson-vs-newton-betting-paul-nicholson-can-see-off-newton-in-blackpool 4pts S.Bunting vs G.Anderson - Over 21.5 legs 8/11 BetVictor I expect this to be a close match because there isn’t a lot between these two. They both score heavily enough to protect their throw more often than not so I’m not immediately seeing too much in the way of breaking the opponent’s throw coming here so the fact the total legs line is 21.5 which can’t not be covered with just one break of throw leads me to think the overs is good here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bunting-vs-anderson-betting-two-heavy-scorers-can-produce-a-close-match 4pts M.Smith (+4.5 legs) to beat P.Taylor 4/5 Skybet I think Michael Smith has every chance here and I wouldn’t put anyone off backing him to win the match but with such a head start the safer bet is with the 4.5 leg start. Smith showed a lot of class to play as well as he did and average just under 100 against the pedestrian Pipe in the first round and there should be more to come from him with a better rhythm that he’ll get here. Taylor needs more than one good performance to convince everyone he’s back but even if he plays well Smith can still take nine legs. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-m-smith-betting-michael-smith-can-push-taylor-all-the-way-on-another-big-stage 4pts A.Lewis vs M.King - Over 21.5 legs 11/10 Skybet King will give this his all and with his excellent record against Lewis I think he will push the UK Open champion all the way. Even when he loses to Lewis he isn’t beaten very easily so that gives me the belief this one will have at least 22 legs. Both looked good in the first round and both know how to do it under pressure so this could be very close come the end. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-king-betting-these-two-can-play-out-another-big-stage-classic

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 24 July 2014[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Whitlock, S (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.67 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] van Gerwen, M v Chisnall, D (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.24 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 25 July 2014[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Anderson, G v Lewis, A (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.74 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.93 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Newton, W (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.07 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: World Matchplay 19-27 Jul Thursday previews: 4pts J.Wade vs S.Whitlock - Over 27.5 legs 10/11 Coral These two have shown in the past that they are pretty evenly matched and I don’t think either will give the other an inch here. Their styles are just set up for their matches to be tight. They both score well enough, Whitlock maybe marginally better but Whitlock will miss the odd crucial double and Wade will be there to pounce so I expect this quarter final to be nip and tuck throughout and have over 27.5 legs in it. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-whitlock-betting-these-two-look-pretty-closely-matched-for-quarter-final 4pts M.van Gerwen vs D.Chisnall - Over 26.5 legs Evs Betfred These two met in the quarter final of both this tournament and the World Grand Prix last year and they were both fantastic matches and there is nothing to suggest that this one can’t be another. Both men are going to enjoy the pace of the game and they’re both going to score well and I dare say both will miss a few doubles but from what we’ve seen in the tournament so far we should see a close quarter final. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-chisnall-betting-these-two-can-play-out-another-close-major-quarter-final

Re: World Matchplay 19-27 Jul Friday previews: 4pts G.Anderson to beat A.Lewis 5/4 Boylesports This has all the makings of a Blackpool blockbuster. Both these men absolutely pulverise the 60 bed and they’ve been finishing pretty well in the tournament. Although neither have admitted it I get the feeling there is a real hidden rivalry in these two after that world final a few years ago and if that is the case we are highly likely to see the best of these two. If we do it’ll be some match to watch but on everything we’ve seen both here this week and in 2014 overall Anderson should be favoured in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/anderson-vs-lewis-betting-gary-anderson-looks-overpriced-in-cracking-quarter-final 5pts P.Taylor (-7.5 legs) to beat W.Newton 10/11 Skybet Unless Newton shows an enormous improvement in this match he is going to get absolutely steamrollered. His record against Taylor is ordinary anyway so there is every chance he was going to get well beaten anyway but if he turns up averaging in the 80s here he might not win more than a couple of legs unless Taylor has a real off day. I don’t see it though and even if Newton improves I don’t see it being by enough to keep this close. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-newton-betting-phil-taylor-can-brush-wes-newton-aside-with-ease

Re: World Matchplay 19-27 Jul Semi final preview: 4pts M.van Gerwen vs S.Whitlock - Over 27.5 legs 5/6 Skybet On the face of it you would think van Gerwen could run away with this semi final. He is more used to being at this stage of a major tournament although a couple of years ago Whitlock was making these stages often. When you actually look at the match though the Dutchman keeps having these flat spots in matches and iffy starts and that leads me to think this could be closer than it looks so I’m happy to take over 27.5 legs in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-whitlock-betting-two-top-players-can-play-out-a-good-first-semi-final

Re: World Matchplay 19-27 Jul SF2 preview: 3pts G.Anderson to beat P.Taylor 2/1 Ladbrokes I really think Anderson has a chance in this match and he’s a little overpriced to me at 2/1. I think the Scot has played some wonderful darts not just in this tournament but over the year as a whole and while Taylor looks a lot better this week we’ve still not seen him under sustained pressure against an opponent who doesn’t wilt at the first sign of a Taylor surge. We saw in the Premier League that Anderson isn’t for wilting and he could just send the Power packing here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-anderson-betting-gary-anderson-could-dethrone-the-power-in-blackpool

Re: World Matchplay 19-27 Jul I can't see Taylor losing... he's been way too good and back to his old best. On a Saturday night... hot stage... crowd fuelled up... noise deafening... pressure on... Anderson will start missing too many crucial doubles and Taylor will prevail. He has got too much course and distance form and he has not lost at Blackpool for 6-7 years I think ! That is an obscene record to oppose at odds of only 2/1 ! Like MVG v Whitlock to be close... have exact same thoughts that MVG has gone flat at parts. Will see what happens as I'm going tonight....

Re: World Matchplay 19-27 Jul Final preview: 5pts P.Taylor to beat M.van Gerwen 10/11 William Hill Finals can sometimes be strange affairs but if this one goes to the form of the week so far I have to side with Taylor. I hate going against van Gerwen but he doesn’t look at top form which he’ll need to be to live with Taylor in this form. Taylor is highly motivated this week and loves this stage and I expect him to add another Matchplay title to his collection on Sunday night. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-taylor-betting-phil-taylor-can-retain-his-title-in-style