Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
HastGill1

Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July Anybody know what the highest odds on BTTS in the Santa Coloma game was? Just thinking ahead to the return match.

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July

Good post. Another big strength is Legia's crowd' date=' perhaps the loudest and most partisan in the world. Have a watch on youtube.Think they have something like 25 home defeats (in competitive games) in 12 years.[/quote'] Well that's not true, Legia lost way more than 25 home games in the last 12 years, I can count they lost 6 home games in the last year also already lost this season at home in the super cup. The crowd is the same as every Polish team, its nothing new that type of atmosphere but I can understand why people would praise it if they weren't used to such atmospheres. For the match, Legia should win but Polish sides are not very good in european competition at all (No Polish team made UCL group stage since 1997), the league is really really low quality, Legia should win but only 1-0 or 2-0 in my opinion. Last year they struggled vs TNS of Wales, they was 1-0 down in the first leg and TNS hit the post and missed other chances before Legia hit 3 goals in the 2nd half.

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July

Anybody know what the highest odds on BTTS in the Santa Coloma game was? Just thinking ahead to the return match.
I believe it was @ 1.83 Ladbrokes On the day of any given match, if you would like to see what the lowest and highest odds were offered at any point for a particular market, I use qodds.com Navigate using the left panel, Football -> International -> Champions League Hope that helps :ok

Anybody know what the highest odds on BTTS in the Santa Coloma game was? Just thinking ahead to the return match.
You can see odds history at oddsportal dot com. 2,26 at marathon and 2,2 at stanjames. Whats your thinking on the return leg? Remember it shouldn't take place in Israel because of the conflict, so neutral venue most probably.

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July Thanks, guys. I didn't want to take the clean sheet in the first game, RocknRolla, but hopefully will in the second. Game nicely poised too, so hopefully the Israeli's will remain concentrated. I asked about the odds as it seems a lot of these clean sheets are easy trades, they almost always drop like a stone. Although going by those odds I would have traded for a small loss :lol

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July Lookind at Ludogorets's form in the friendlies, this should be a massacre, they are expanding year by year and Bulgaria this year should get the country's first group stage team. They deserved it 2 years ago when Dinamo Zagreb eliminated them with massive luck. I'm backing the Bulgarians with a 2,5 handicap. Ludogorets-2,5 7/10@1,833 at Pinnacle Sports Another bet I like is Malmö-2 4/10@1,96 for Malmö leads the Swedish league while Ventspils comes from the way inferior Latvian league which hasn't started yet I would avoid Steaua away on artifical grass, but I may be a fish there. The coach who provided them back to back championships left and although the actual one being a great player, I don't know his value as a technician. Also considering Legia-1,5 is value at 1,7 with stakes 5/10

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July Stromsgodset vs. Steaua Bucharest Imma try and have a bet on this game even tho' I don't know much about the side from Norway. I see they are second place at the moment with a good home run with 18 scored and 6 conceded only. Steaua is coming into this game with a very good season behind. Trouble is, they changed a lot in their squad since then and it's visible on their poor results in past games ( friendlies and super cup). They lost Tatarusanu, Bourceanu, Pintilii, Poivaccari and probably most notable, they lost their coach, Laurentiu Reghecampf. They still got quality in their ranks, but the amount of quality they lost is much bigger considering they didn't bring anything notable inside the team yet. They got only 1 win in 6 games so far ( a 4:1 win vs. Oldham) and they conceded in every single one and a total of 13 goals conceded in 5 friendlies. I don't expect them to be high spirited as last year and I'd say they gonna change coaches again becuz of negative results. They coming into this encounter on bad morale also, after a defeat in the Super Cup vs Astra on penalties, after 120 tiring minutes. I don't know anything about Godset, but they are through full season and look very solid on their ground ( which if I'm not mistaken, is an artificial field, another advantage for them). I believe Godset gonna try and get a good result in this game, as it will be much tougher to get something away from Bucharest. Steaua's new coach Galca, said on an interview he still doesn't know what changes to do in the team after the defeat in the Super Cup and he is complaining he still needs some more players in his squad. I'm gonna give it a try and have a small punt on Godset to win on asian handicap. Bet365 offers 2.00 for a home win on AH +0 and I'll be happy to take it for home team. Pick: Home Win AH +0 @ 2.00 with Bet365 - 5/10 Points Pick: Draw @ 3.25 with Bet365 - 1/10 Points I'll follow some of you with Malmo and Ludo :D Good luck all and let's have a good night! :)

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July Ludogorets are confirming their huge favourite status. 2-0 before the half time. The Luxemburg side are not bad, but the home team are much stronger. Expecting a butchering here in the second half. What about Malmö, does somebody watch it?

Ludogorets are confirming their huge favourite status. 2-0 before the half time. The Luxemburg side are not bad, but the home team are much stronger. Expecting a butchering here in the second half. What about Malmö, does somebody watch it?
No chance of Malmo winning by 2, they look hopeless.

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July Malmo, Ventspils and Dudelange seem at the same level. I cannot figure out how one can be 1.15 favourite against the other.

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July Great call by everyone on Malmo. Quite possibly the WORST CL performance I have ever witnessed. After working 3 years to get to this place and then to lay an egg like they did is just beyond comprehension. They deserve to lose 0-1 away to a Latvian side and be OUT. Pathetic.

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July Malmo are complete jokers! My eyes still hurt from such terrible football - so many wrong passes, so terrible first touches - the guys from Malmo seem to hate the game called football. The worst of all was that Malmo's manager obviously have told them that the most important thing is not conceding a goal at home, rather than winning the game. No other explanation for Malmo's full-backs sitting deep back, despite that Ventspils defended all the time with 11 men, so that on the wings it was always one Malmo guy against 3 or 4 Latvians. The central defenders of Malmo also stood all the time deep in their half, despite Ventspils defending with 11 men. For this reason, Malmo's center midfielders were forced to stay back and Malmo simply found themselves all the time playing one against three or four Ventspils players. It seems that Malmo's coach thought Ventspils counter-attack like Borussia Dortmund.

OK - I'm going for two EH handicap bets here, which I think are worth taking. I can see Malmo finishing the job in the home leg. Malmo -1 EH 1.9 Stake: 6 points Malmo -2 EH 3.5 Stake: 3 points Total stake: 9 points
Result: Malmo 0 Ventspils 0 Both bets lost Total stake: 9 points Total return: nil

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July Very surprised by Malmo also. Even Aberdeen thrashed one of the better Latvian sides 8-0 on agg last week. There seems to be far more value on going for the Both Teams to Score (No) market when getting involved with these so called minnows. Great odds have been given for this market throughout these early qualifiers. Malmo beat Hibs 9-0 last year!

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July Legia are dominating like Ludogorets did. They even hit the crossbar. The Irish got away with one counter and this smells like a betting disaster.

Legia are dominating like Ludogorets did. They even hit the crossbar. The Irish got away with one counter and this smells like a betting disaster.
The Irish missed an absolute sitter to make it 2-0. They had also excellent long shot to be blocked by the keeper. I feel the Irish got the better chances so far.

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July Yes, after the goal. You're right. But Legia plays the better football, IMO. What do you think about the collision of the Irish keeper and a Polish forward? Should've been seriously booked? I'm undecided