** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July Ludogorets are confirming their huge favourite status. 2-0 before the half time. The Luxemburg side are not bad, but the home team are much stronger. Expecting a butchering here in the second half. What about Malmö, does somebody watch it?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July

Ludogorets are confirming their huge favourite status. 2-0 before the half time. The Luxemburg side are not bad, but the home team are much stronger. Expecting a butchering here in the second half. What about Malmö, does somebody watch it?
No chance of Malmo winning by 2, they look hopeless.

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July Great call by everyone on Malmo. Quite possibly the WORST CL performance I have ever witnessed. After working 3 years to get to this place and then to lay an egg like they did is just beyond comprehension. They deserve to lose 0-1 away to a Latvian side and be OUT. Pathetic.

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July Malmo are complete jokers! My eyes still hurt from such terrible football - so many wrong passes, so terrible first touches - the guys from Malmo seem to hate the game called football. The worst of all was that Malmo's manager obviously have told them that the most important thing is not conceding a goal at home, rather than winning the game. No other explanation for Malmo's full-backs sitting deep back, despite that Ventspils defended all the time with 11 men, so that on the wings it was always one Malmo guy against 3 or 4 Latvians. The central defenders of Malmo also stood all the time deep in their half, despite Ventspils defending with 11 men. For this reason, Malmo's center midfielders were forced to stay back and Malmo simply found themselves all the time playing one against three or four Ventspils players. It seems that Malmo's coach thought Ventspils counter-attack like Borussia Dortmund.

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July

OK - I'm going for two EH handicap bets here, which I think are worth taking. I can see Malmo finishing the job in the home leg. Malmo -1 EH 1.9 Stake: 6 points Malmo -2 EH 3.5 Stake: 3 points Total stake: 9 points
Result: Malmo 0 Ventspils 0 Both bets lost Total stake: 9 points Total return: nil

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July Very surprised by Malmo also. Even Aberdeen thrashed one of the better Latvian sides 8-0 on agg last week. There seems to be far more value on going for the Both Teams to Score (No) market when getting involved with these so called minnows. Great odds have been given for this market throughout these early qualifiers. Malmo beat Hibs 9-0 last year!

Legia are dominating like Ludogorets did. They even hit the crossbar. The Irish got away with one counter and this smells like a betting disaster.
The Irish missed an absolute sitter to make it 2-0. They had also excellent long shot to be blocked by the keeper. I feel the Irish got the better chances so far.

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July Yes, after the goal. You're right. But Legia plays the better football, IMO. What do you think about the collision of the Irish keeper and a Polish forward? Should've been seriously booked? I'm undecided

Yes' date=' after the goal. You're right. But Legia plays the better football, IMO. What do you think about the collision of the Irish keeper and a Polish forward? Should've been seriously booked? I'm undecided[/quote'] ?ccording to the Irish commentators, it should have been a red. In my view, it was correct yellow - the Polish guy was running aside, plus there were Irish defenders running alongside him. According to rules, this should be yellow.

Re: Europa League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Wednesday 16th to Thursday 17th J Legia v St Patricks Home banker on paper. The home odds drifted from 1/8 to 2/5 before kick off! Clearly something is afoot. Not sure if the strategy is to l Gose or to lose at half time and win at full time, Hate these games! Watching the game, clearly Legia are coasting first half. Heaven knows what the desired outcome is! Can anyone shed any light?

Re: Europa League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Wednesday 16th to Thursday 17th J Legia v St Patricks Home banker on paper. The home odds drifted from 1/8 to 2/5 before kick off! Clearly something is afoot. Not sure if the strategy is to lose totally, or to lose at half time and win at full time, Hate these games! Watching the game, clearly Legia are coasting first half. Heaven knows what the desired outcome is! Can anyone shed any light?

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July Legia v St Patricks Home banker on paper. The home odds drifted from 1/8 to 2/5 before kick off! Clearly something is afoot. Not sure if the strategy is to lose totally, or to lose at half time and win at full time, Hate these games! Watching the game, clearly Legia are coasting first half. Heaven knows what the desired outcome is! Can anyone shed any light?

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July The keeper took a swipe at the ball and missed it,totally reckless as he was always going to stop the attacker,he got lucky with a yellow.The Irish are looking good at 11/10

Ludogorets - Dudelange Ludo -2 EH @ 1.78 (Bwin)
Ludogorets once again proved they are one of the most reliable teams to bet in Europe. So sorry I lost part of my winnings from Ludogorets on these Swedish carpenters and skiers.

Legia v St Patricks Home banker on paper. The home odds drifted from 1/8 to 2/5 before kick off! Clearly something is afoot. Not sure if the strategy is to lose totally, or to lose at half time and win at full time, Hate these games! Watching the game, clearly Legia are coasting first half. Heaven knows what the desired outcome is! Can anyone shed any light?
Nothing 'afoot' just Legia aren't that good, I wrote early Polish league is really poor. Our best sides are poor at european level, Lech (2nd best team by distance) lost to a Lithuanian team last season and Legia struggled past Welsh team TNS. Legia are the biggest team in Poland, its not some crappy little Latvian club who gets a couple of hundred fans through their gates each match, they have crowds 15k + every match and they have a decent financial situation, for sure they really want to get to the group stage. I wouldn't look for excuses like it could be a fix, just simply Legia aren't that much better than St Patricks.

Well, the odds on Malmo have totally tanked! -1EH down to between 1.33-1.5, I did alright on what I got but others will have done better. I couldn't resist a bit of pinnacle's 1.91 on Malmo -2.0AH either this morning, surprised to see it's down to 1.64 now on there, and they seem to be continuing to drop. No team news to justify this as far as I can see, Ventspils best midfielder Žigajevs has been injured and will only be on the bench at best and Spanish defender Kiko Insa (15/0) has had his contract terminated by mutual consent, looks like he has been in and out of the team recently. I have decided to take Legia Warsaw to win to nil against an average St Pats side as well. Hills are a bit out of line offering 1.8 on this with others around 1.6 which is probably what it should be. I remember one of my bigger bets of recent years was on Hannover to beat St Pats to nil - in both legs - and it came in both times although there were a few scares along the way! Irish sides have improved as have the Welsh and Northern Irish sides and they are no longer the cash cow they were (still remember Maccabi Haifa 7-0 Glentoran very well) but they certainly struggle to create as many chances as they should and will look to defend mainly. St Pats are currently playing in their league season which gives them a slight advantage on that front but in these games I have found this rarely makes much of a difference if the quality difference is significant enough which it should be here, St Pats aren't performing well in the league anyway - currently winless in 6 away from home. Legia have a manager in Henning Berg who should understand how St Pats will approach the game having spent so much time in the UK. Legia actually played TNS of Wales at this stage last season winning the first leg away 3-1 and the home leg 1-0 although St Pats are a better side it gives them a bit of experience against similar sides who are high on industry but low on quality. Legia's biggest strength is the quality of their defending rather than their attacking and they haven't strengthened in the summer so I have no interest in the handicap prices but I see a 1-0 or 2-0 final result. My full list of bets for tonight is below: Malmo -1EH - 1.75-1.8 - betfred+32red - 5 Points LOST Malmo -2.0AH - 1.91 - pinnacle - 3 Points LOST Malmo -2EH - 2.9 - totesport - 3.5 Points LOST Legia Warsaw to Win to Nil - 1.8 - hills - 3 Points LOST
A fucking disaster of a card..Malmo were just terrible, never looked like scoring, just called that totally wrong..Legia? Well they looked in control for most of the first half, lost concentration for a moment and conceded, didn't bother watching the second half - too pissed off. Don't know what to say, both were disasters..

Re: Champions League Second Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Tues 15th & Wed 16th July Nothing fishy about the Legia game Shep, simply Legia aren't that good. They want to make the group stage for sure, they have big crowds and decent financial situation. I did write if Legia will win it will be by 1 or 2 goals max, Polish league is of a really poor standard.

It could be worse' date='i tried to recoup losses by backing St Pats when they went 1 up and had under 1.5 goals.The pain of a 90th minute goal is brutal.[/quote'] Hard luck dude, just the way it goes sometimes.

Malmo are complete jokers! My eyes still hurt from such terrible football - so many wrong passes, so terrible first touches - the guys from Malmo seem to hate the game called football. The worst of all was that Malmo's manager obviously have told them that the most important thing is not conceding a goal at home, rather than winning the game. No other explanation for Malmo's full-backs sitting deep back, despite that Ventspils defended all the time with 11 men, so that on the wings it was always one Malmo guy against 3 or 4 Latvians. The central defenders of Malmo also stood all the time deep in their half, despite Ventspils defending with 11 men. For this reason, Malmo's center midfielders were forced to stay back and Malmo simply found themselves all the time playing one against three or four Ventspils players. It seems that Malmo's coach thought Ventspils counter-attack like Borussia Dortmund.
they may triumph away from home yet !

they may triumph away from home yet !
They most likely will, as Ventspils are weak as hell - they do nothing, except for defending in numbers. But at the next round when they meet a decent opponent, Malmo will be beaten.