** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Australian Horse Racing Betting

Hi Guys, I'm The Betting Baron, and you will see me post mainly my thoughts on Horse Racing and the occasional Sports bet as well. I'm not the prophet, I take my inside knowledge and do my research properly which has now allowed me to make a living out of doing this, so I thought why not let everyone else gain from it, and stick it up the bookies!! Grafton Cup Day is upon us, and is one of the biggest non metro events on the calendar. Surprisingly its Sunny up in NSW which makes the form a bit easier to read. Race 1- 5 Diamond Fund - This horse is the class horse of the Field. With 4 of the 7 wanting to lead, this will drift back and run over the top of them. The carnival has shown that it has been a leaders bias, but with the rail out 10 I don't think it will matter today. This one will be short but will be worth it @ $2.20 Race 5- 11 Volataire Lumeire - Maiden winner last start on a heavy track. Won by 1.8l with a bit in hand. This race I believe isn't overly fantastic considering how many horses have placed. But look where they have been run. This one comes in with form, knows how to handle a track, and if he has improved on the run will jump and sit outside the leader and grind out the win. Back him as long as it is over $6. I would actually do 25% win 75% place for this. Race 7 - 2 Travolta - Ahh the Grafton Cup. Look for the tri to be between the two biggest trainers out of Sydney at the moment , Waller and Waterhouse. Travolta is carrying 60kgs, I hear you screaming saying wtf? Well look at his form... He is used to carrying the weight, has been racing in listed and group races in town carrying this weight.... Will settle midfield, and with quite a few horses stepping up to this distance expect it to be a quickly run race, I think this can beat its stablemate Queenstown and beat both of Wallers horses for the win. Get on at $7 For more bets during the day if I don't have time to post... check my facebook page. And remember, bet responsibly. VOLTAIRE LUMIEREVOLTAIRE LUMIERE

Re: Australian Horse Racing Betting -The Betting Baron Tips Well we got this back on track with this win!! "Ok Lets get this back on track today. Rocky Race 5 - 11 Primed For Destiny.... It has the best form in the race really, John OShea is a country master. Back it heavy for the place. 3x your bet and lets get back to positive!" Back to even! Cmon Travolta!

Re: Australian Horse Racing Betting -The Betting Baron Tips Last bet for today, lets finish with a bang. Rocky Race 7 - 3 Born To Survive - Has the best form in the race, has run the fastest time in the race, and a perfect draw to go forward or settle. 25% win 75% place, either way we will be up if it places. cmon!

Re: Australian Horse Racing Betting -The Betting Baron Tips Hey Betting Baron, welcome to the forum! :welcome Great to see someone posting good tips about Australian racing. Just two suggestions: Would it be okay for you if we name the thread only "Australian Horse Racing Betting" - so that anyone with an interest in Australian racing can post in here? Otherwise if you would like to have your own personal thread, monitoring your betting progress, I would suggest why not opening a thread in the Horse Racing Systems & Personal Threads section? There is the perfect place for it. Keep up the good work. :ok

Re: Australian Horse Racing Betting Flemington Race 2 - 1 Dig a Pony Dig A Pony loves it wet. Think she is the class horse in the field and will no doubt show it. No speed in the race so she should sit handy and run over the top of them. Flemington Race 4 - 6 Vain Queen Vain Queen is a superstar down the straight. Proved she is back to her best last start winning in dominant fashion.. most importantly… she broke their hearts. The sectionals speak for themselves. Step up in class, but still rated much shorter than the price we are getting today. Flemington Race 5 - 3 Refulgent Refulgent gets in at a good weight today after a great race beating dig a pony last start. Should have come on since then and loves 1600 Flemington Race 6 - 9 Fast and Free Fast and Free loves the wet this bloke and I think by this time of the day the track will be chopped up a bit so watch for horses coming down the middle to the stands. Think it will be fast sectionals with The Cleaner and watch for him to fly up and knock them all out!

Re: Australian Horse Racing Betting Gold Coast Race 2 - 2 Tulla Touch I reckon this one can pip the fav. Its last run was credible in a listed race at Doomben and has been freshened up since this. Never runs a bad race. Get on E/W Race 3 - 8 Olive Com Has been around the mark in its last few runs. Never can knock an experienced jockey in short sprint races, will be hard fit, expect it to be in the finish Race 4 - 11 Glamorgan Babe Good at the weights coming off a hard run at Doomben. Drops back in distance which will be to her liking, I expect her to sit back midfield instead of trying to lead, and blitz them at the end Race 5 -1 Pudmardels I normally hate backing the toppy in a sprint race, but he claims 2 with McGuren on who isnt a bad jock, has been racing in town and not disgraced at all. I expect him to ping from the 1 Barrier and hold a close position, and be too strong in the finish. Race 6 - 2 Rainbow Magic Terrible race but will give you punters something to back. Rainbow Magic ran a great race here last week, backing up quickly means hes ready to make amends. Barrier 2 and with a leaders bias, he will be in the finish. Race 7 - 7 Mightysui Has won its last 2, will be around $6 which I think is value in a race like this, only carrying 52kg so will be working to the line. Race 8 - 3 Cooloola This is a terrible last race with lots of out of form horses. Cooloola has been running against much stronger horses than here, has not done anything this prep but I expect Birchley to have it primed for today dropping a huge way in class. Has Hellyer on board who is a hard riding jock. Barrier 3. Will be $10 get on

• 3 months later...

Re: Australian Horse Racing Betting Lucia Valentina 7/1 paddy power Fawkner 8/1 paddy power Mutual Regard 8/1 paddy power My Ambivalent 25/1 each way paddy power Admire Rakti 5/1 paddy power I have not had a winner in this race so im hoping with these selections i might be lucky I do fancy Lucie Valentina because of the draw and because of good form and also ridden by one the top Australian jockeys Fawkner is a talented horse who has form on this track so he is dangerous Mutual Regard is a good as well who has great season in Ireland also the ground and distance should suit him I do like My Ambivalent as he is ridden by one of the standout jockeys this year and he does great in top races and Admire Rakti is the favourite and he has the form ground conditions suit also Japanese horses seem to do well in these international races

• 1 year later...

2016 Coolmore Classic Betting Tips

Number 7 – Azkadellia – With Brett Prebble on board, 11 starts with 5 wins and 6 placings, 3rd up this run and has won 3rd up in the past. Finished strongly last start and has had the perfect preparation here. If you can get odds over $5, I’d take those any day of the week.

Number 12 – Ghisoni – It’s hard to go past the favourite at the moment given her low weight here, she deserves to start as favourite even in this good field. She’s had 3 starts for 3 wins so far in her career and she should be improved from her last first up run. Very promising young filly who I’d like to see get a good start and lead from the front in the Coolmore.

My best bet: Boxed trifecta with the numbers 7, 12, 1 & 6. Must show respect for the top weight Lucia Valentina and Peeping has had a good preparation for this race.

• 2 weeks later...