** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Club Friendlies 2014/2015

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Odds were 5.50 when st etienne was 0-2 down.. :p wasn't brave enough to take them cause they were worth a lot. Would have been a stunning amount of profit though let alone the -1 line for 11.00! Haha, anyways.. Bad start for Hoffenheim they totally dominated the game so far against AZ. No shots on goal for the dutch side but suddenly Firmino topscorer of Hoffenheim made a crazy foul. Red card down to 10 men but I still think they can do it.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Where are you following the game progress with stats? Thanks.

Odds were 5.50 when st etienne was 0-2 down.. :p wasn't brave enough to take them cause they were worth a lot. Would have been a stunning amount of profit though let alone the -1 line for 11.00! Haha' date=' anyways.. Bad start for Hoffenheim they totally dominated the game so far against AZ. No shots on goal for the dutch side but suddenly Firmino topscorer of Hoffenheim made a crazy foul. Red card down to 10 men but I still think they can do it.[/quote']

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 2-0, great, sometimes my brain doesnt get it... there must be some magic doing this crazy predictions going against logic when a team down to 10 men scores 2... so I guess AZ must be really screwed.... I was afraid to take them at 3.50!!! when it was 0-0 and RC.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Yes they are. Firmino recieved a red card in the 26th minute. Well, AZ is not bad but they need some time to adapt to their new coach, formation and some players. Besides the Bundesliga is still superior to the dutch league and Hoffenheim has a great squad. Great start of the day, let's hope it continues.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014

One bet for me so far today in the friendly section. Hoffenheim hosting AZ Alkmaar in Switserland 15.00 european time. AZ travelled yesterday with their squad to Switserland for this friendly. Only 1 day and then they return to the Netherlands for another friendly on Friday. They've made some good signings this summer in the likes of winger Hupperts, Rosheuvel and Tankovic but they've lost several key players too. N. Viergever to Ajax, their previous captain. Beerens to Hertha BSC probably their best winger by far. Their topscorer from last season A.Johannsson who also played for the USA in the WC got injured there and is still out for a while. They've played three friendlies so far, a 4-1 win against an amateur team, 0-0 draw against NEC who relegated from the Eredivisie this year and a 2-0 win over first division team VVV-Venlo. And in that game both of their current wingers recieved a knock and trained seperately from the group yesterday. Not sure if they can make it. Hupperts and Berghuis. Also Tankovic left the pitch injured but also not confirmed if he's in. All in all I think AZ still needs time to adapt and with a few injuries in their squad, quality surely drops. AZ is a capable side though, they did well last year in the Europa league but Hoffenheim is a well known team from the Bundesliga and the class difference should seal the deal here. Hoffenheim on the other hand won their first friendly in Switerland this week against FC Zurich [0-1]. They will play Genoa on Saturday for another friendly but I'm confident they will field a strong line-up here. They've played with a decent squad against Zurich also and especially in the second half, Salihovic, Firmino and Modeste came on the pitch. Most important factor for me is that they've kept all of their key players from last season in their squad. Quite good for a team like Hoffenheim. They've scored plenty of goals and have a lot of quality players in their ranks. They do made some signings though in the likes of Baumann, regular of Freiburg, Schwegler from Frankfurt and Szalai from Schalke. Stronger team than last year and they should edge this game perhaps 2-1. Odds around evens for Hoffenheim contain value for me cause of their good preperation here in Switserland this week, difference in class and AZ missing some key players especially upfront. 5/10 Hoffenheim to win. 3/10 Hoffenheim team goals over 1.5! Goodluck.
Bit shocked after the early red card for topscorer Firmino but they controlled the whole game comfortable winning 3-0. Cheers to all who followed!

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Why would you say something like that without any reasoning? If city will reach somewhere near the level of the game against Liverpool which I'm confident of than Olympiakos doesn't stand a single chance to be honest. Odds are low ofcourse but this city side is playing in such a high tempo no greece team can follow for sure. About the Koln game : Koln plays with their strongest line-up available while trabzonspor plays with a mixture squad without many regulars. If you can get odds around 1.90 I think they contain some kind of value for sure. Likely winner for the Germans!

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Sorry,the reasoning is simply that Man City had to go to penalties against Liverpool,and this game is such a comedown after that one.Of course,if Man City are anything like 100% then they will win,but this is just a friendly really,and Olympiakos just might just be more up for it.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 It's true Olympiakos has more rest for this game but this city side is so wide and full of quality and besides that even more regulars returned this week like Yaya Toure, Silva and will probably get some time to play on saturday. You can always chase high odds and in a friendly it might be more +ev but I saw both games of city and they looked sharper than ever so I doubt they will slow down. Many players want to impress before te season starts, they might earn themselves a spot in the team or even better a contract. I will probably skip this game betting wise but a win for Olympiakos would be a miracle imo. Maybe the +1.5 line but even against liverpool they could have crushed them in 20 minutes of time if they didnt fail that much in front of goal. Koln are leading comfortable 2-0 after 18 minutes! Great for us.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 2-0 is bad for me! I always prefer to wait for some value in case something doesnt go well... and then take higher value... Like St.Etienne or MO to score in 2HT yesterday, today my bad! :( Hopefully Koln will keep their squad for 2nd HT so I can another -0.5 for them... grrrr

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [/TR] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 1 August 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH][/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Guadalajara-MEX v FC Bayern München (01:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]13[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.22[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.14 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Sagadam v Najran SC (16:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.02[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.02[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.02[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]294.12 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Borussia Dortmund v Chievo (17:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.14 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Go Ahead Eagles v Istanbul Büyüksehir Belediyespor(18:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]111.41 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]NAC Breda v OFI Crete (18:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]111.30 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Roda JC v Helmond Sport (18:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.87[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]111.45 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]SC Paderborn 07 v Wigan Athletic (18:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]109.45 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]RNK Split v Hajduk Split (18:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.03[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.03[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]226.96 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Jong FC Twente v Ross County (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]111.32 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AFC Bournemouth v Swansea City (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.08[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]146.16 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Boreham Wood v Arsenal U21 (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]111.30 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Altrincham FC v Shrewsbury Town (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]111.32 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Havant & Waterlooville v AFC Wimbledon (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]111.28 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Norwich City v Celta de Vigo (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]110.62 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sporting CP v Lazio (20:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]109.24 % [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Strongest line-up for Bilbao is out against Benfica. Iraizoz, Laporte, Iraola, Balenziaga, Gurpegi, Itturaspe, Benat, Rico, Ibai, Munian, Aduriz. Let's hope for a good performance without any red cards on this side. :-) Benfica also plays the Emirates cup this weekend in Londen starting on saturday with a game against Arsenal and everything around the club is aiming for that tournament. Odds dropped to 2.30 for Bilbao but still holds enough value for sure. Goodluck all who follows!

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 10pts Liverpool to win @ 2.10 PaddyPower Loading up on Liverpool now itself before the odds disappear. AC Milan looked horrid vs both Olympiakos (lost 0-3) and Man City (lost 1-5). I strongly feel that Liverpool who managed to beat Olympiakos 1-0 and draw with Man City should have no problems disposing of AC Milan. Liverpool with 2 wins are in a strong position to reach the final of the cup and one could argue has the easier task of the two (i.e. Man City vs Olympiakos and Liverpool vs AC Milan). I will come back potentially for handicaps or for a top-up but for now I'm happy to get Liverpool at this price to win.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 How are they doin? If I can ask.. ;) Edit: Ah , Bilbao just scored before HT... my fault again.. I just hate to place any bets before HT...

Strongest line-up for Bilbao is out against Benfica. Iraizoz' date=' Laporte, Iraola, Balenziaga, Gurpegi, Itturaspe, Benat, Rico, Ibai, Munian, Aduriz. Let's hope for a good performance without any red cards on this side. :-) Benfica also plays the Emirates cup this weekend in Londen starting on saturday with a game against Arsenal and everything around the club is aiming for that tournament. Odds dropped to 2.30 for Bilbao but still holds enough value for sure. Goodluck all who follows![/quote']

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Bilbao won comfortable with 2-0. They were the better side overall! Great day again these friendlies are a gold mine so far. Hope it lasts a long time! I also like the price on Liverpool 2.10 looks good on first sight. Although Milan played with a strong line-up so far, they look very poor especially in the back. Hope Sterling and co will start, odds will surely drop till 1.80 imo so jumping on it right now! Liverpool tops this group and with a win they are in the finals, a price is a price I guess!! 4/10 stake so far.

these friendlies are a gold mine so far. Hope it lasts a long time!
I guess right now is the peak time for pre-season European friendlies. It will end around mid-August when the European leagues start.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 I do think so, yes. Many diferences in preperation between sides. You can get insane odds if you're quick enough in most of the games. Twitter is a great source for info pre-season. I use it all the time nowadays, social media is a hype and it helps a lot. Almost instant updates for all clubs on their twitter page just google it. :-) Atmosphere, interviews, photos, new signings and most important also line-ups from previous friendlies. Official Line-ups coming out only 30-40 minutes before kick-off so sometimes the value is gone already but the bookies react pretty slowly pre-season cause of the amount of money involved. Much lower than usual. Without the right sources many people skip these kind of games but it can be quite profitable. There will always be some risks in betting but I'm happy to take my chances. When you're screening for likely winners a day or two before kick-off, the teams I expect to drop a lot will recieve some stakes for the highest odds and if the right info confirms the line-ups etc I often use some extra bets for bonus profit like halftime/fulltime etc. Sometimes it fails, ofcourse! But I'm confident with the right sources it's the most profitable way to place bets pre-season.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 There has been some fine tipping over the last few days, I don't want pre-season to end at this rate. Two catch my eye tomorrow. Firstly, Dortmund to, possibly quite heavily, beat Chievo. Secondly, Sporting to beat Lazio at some very interesting odds (2.70). From what I can see Sporting are quite a bit further into their pre-season compared to Lazio and I don't imagine that Lazio would considered that much stronger even if both were in full flow. Interesting to say the least.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Regarding Dortmund, it's more then important to make sure about the line up and how they approach it - I have terrible experience especially with this team, they've been so inconsistent when it come to friendlies and even regular matches (recently). Chievo is not anything special, but Dortmund I am not going to touch without prematch info.

There has been some fine tipping over the last few days' date=' I don't want pre-season to end at this rate. Two catch my eye tomorrow. Firstly, Dortmund to, possibly quite heavily, beat Chievo. Secondly, Sporting to beat Lazio at some very interesting odds (2.70). From what I can see Sporting are quite a bit further into their pre-season compared to Lazio and I don't imagine that Lazio would considered that much stronger even if both were in full flow. Interesting to say the least.[/quote'] Just to touch a bit on Dortmund since I've got a bit of time on my hands. I think this can be an extremely profitable bet, provided someone can find out if Chievo will be fielding their A team or B team here. Chievo play Dortmund today and Marseille tomorrow, in other words two games in 24hrs of each other. Chievo beat Coventry 3-0 on the 23rd of August and Cirtus Verona 5-1 on 20th of August. They had another friendly cancelled. Dortmund on the other hand have won 4-1, won 4-3, drawn 1-1 and won 5-1 most recently. Pretty sure they took place in a cup and drew vs Bayern in it before losing on penalties (but cannot find it listed on soccerway, probably because of the fact it was a 30 min half match). Dortmund should have way too much firepower based on the goals they have scored thus far, but personally I would wait and see if Chievo line-up with a strong squad vs Dortmund or not. If they don't, then back Dortmund otherwise back Marseille. Can't go wrong with this approach I think.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Odds dropping rapidly on Liverpool fc as expected. 1.90 on several bookies is pretty much the max you can get. Roma va Inter game also appeals to me, although I really fancy Roma here the under 2.5 goals around evens looks like a cracking bet to me. Inter looked toothless upfront so far and Roma is known for their tight defense. Inter defended well against Real and United so far and this Italian outfit smells like another tight game. More regulars are joining the squad along the way. Roma without Destro and Gervinho are also a bit limited upfront so I just have to give this a try. Likely win for Roma but a small one. 3/10 Roma to win odds of 2.10 and 3/10 under 2.5 goals odds around evens. The last meeting between these two sides also ended 0-0.

provided someone can find out if Chievo will be fielding their A team or B team here. Chievo play Dortmund today and Marseille tomorrow' date=' in other words two games in 24hrs of each other. [/quote'] This is very interesting info! I believe Chievo will use different squads in each half in both games. So, the so-called A-squad will play one half against Dortmund and Marseille. Dortmund also starts with the best (attacking trio Immobile-Aboumeyang-Mkhtaryan), but in the previous friendlies they would substitute the 3 at half-time.

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 Price on Dortmund moving in fast. That is another interesting point Fedar, and I think you are right. If Chievo were to field a 'B' team for 90 mins in either of these matches, they would risk humiliation. Given that, I'll probably watch and hope for an opportunity in-play, when the widest disparity in quality is apparent. The price on Sporting has caved as well. Could be another Bilbao-Benfica situation, but I think I will accept that I have missed this one.

+2pts. Chelsea are gelling well, won 3-1. Marseille dominated and on another day Marseille would have won. 3pts Man City to win @ 2.00 Bet365 From what I have read, doesn't seem like any of the World Cup players will feature in this game either, I still fancy Man City to come out on top in this fixture as I feel they have the stronger attacking threat up front of the two teams. Expect both teams to line-up exactly how they did in their previous games respectively. I don't fancy much tomorrow but I like the look of the following one for Friday. 6pts Bayern Munich (-1 EH) @ 1.83 Bwin Bayern Munich retained the Telekom Cup after beating Wolvesburg 3-0 in the final. Basically a cup with two 30 minute halves. Link: http://www.fcbayern.de/en/matches/match-reports/2014/telekom-cup-final-bayern-wolfsburg-270714.php They start their tour of the US vs Guadalajara who have started their season who have drawn and won their 1st two league games. Not sure how much emphasis they will give to this match given they have a league match 2 days after they play Bayern Munich. Their club friendly history seems to be missing a bit, as they appear not have played any matches in 2012 and 2013. They did however play 3 club friendlies in 2011, losing 0-3 to Real Madrid, losing 0-1 to Juventus and beating Barcelona 4-1. I would not read too much into the Barcelona's game seeing how they played against SC international on the 26th of July, Bayern Munich on the 27th of July, Manchester United on 31st of July and Guadalajara 4th of August in 2011 (i.e. a pile-up of fixtures). I think all things said, Bayern Munich should win this with a bit to spare.
-9pts. Man City drew 2-2, didn't watch game, but highlights looked like an entertaining game. Bayern won 1-0, played a strong team, but opposition played relatively well and didn't give too many chances. Been extremely busy with a course and exams today but hopefully I'll be more active starting tomorrow onwards!

Re: Club Friendlies 2014 SC Freiburg v Freiburger FC Friday 1st August 18.00 This match is played at Bahlingen (near Freiburg) as part of the annual AXA Kaiserstuhl-Cup. Apparently these teams met 10 years ago in the same tournament and SC Freiburg won 6-1. Local rivals Freiburger FC were promoted from the 6th tier last season to the 5th tier Oberliga Baden-Württemberg. SC Freiburg finished 14th in the Bundesliga. So it's level 1 v level 5. I am not sure whether they are amateur or semi-pro, but last season they were in the Verbandsliga Südbaden which is described as Amateur. I have no idea of the side that Freiburg will put out, but I think German clubs normally take this sort of competition seriously, and if they put out a decent side I think the class gap will be pretty big and the current handicap odds are worth taking Info from Freiburg's website: http://www.scfreiburg.com/node/9332 Freiburg -2.75 1.9 Bet365 Stake: 5 points