** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Semi-Final - Netherlands v Argentina > Wednesday July 9th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Netherlands v Argentina (21:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.48[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Semi-Final - Netherlands v Argentina > Wednesday July 9th Netherlands to Qualify 5/4 @ William Hill - Argentina have not impressed me at all in this World Cup and i can't believe how bad they have been. On paper this team should be blowing everyone out of the water with their attack but it just hasn't clicked and they have had to rely on Messi to get them out of jail but i think their run will end here. Argentina have managed to sneak one goal victories against Bosnia. Iran, Nigeria, Switzerland (Extra Time) and Belgium but they now face a step up in class against the Dutch. Out of all of the 4 teams left i would say the Dutch have been the most impressive in this World Cup although they made hard work of seeing off Mexico and Costa Rica but prior to that they were great particularly against Spain and had a great result against Chile. Their 5-3-2 formation has worked wonders in this tournament and they are very good on the break with Robben in particular. I can see Messi and Co struggling to break this Netherlands team down with their 3 centre backs and the Dutch are more than capable of scoring on the counter particularly with Mascherano and possibly Demichellis in the team who are not exactly the quickest. I can't see Argentina sitting deep in this game and they will probably do most of the attacking which suits Holland as seen by the fact they struggle to break teams down when they sit deep like against Costa Rica but do well against the likes of Spain and Chile who like to attack. Taking all that into account i see Netherlands going through to concsecutive World Cup Finals. Good Luck.

Re: Semi-Final - Netherlands v Argentina > Wednesday July 9th If Argentina's opponent would be any other team than this year's The Netherlands I would give them a chance. After seeing them being saved by Messi 'alone' I'm pretty sure Van Gaal has special plan to deal with him. On paper Argentina has much more stronger squad but their biggest problem is that they just don't know how to play together. Argentina - The Netherlands

Re: Semi-Final - Netherlands v Argentina > Wednesday July 9th Important midfielder Nigel de Jong returned to training yesterday and today he trained again with the group. Would be a major boost for the dutch side ahead for this game. He is really important in their defensive mid department. Vlaar is still a slight doubt but he also trained today. Let's hope for the best tomorrow! Line-ups will be really important for me. If they are both starting I feel they can overcome Argentina to reach the finals again. Don't expect odds to drop so we can wait a bit longer before I launch my bet Netherlands to qualify!

Re: Semi-Final - Netherlands v Argentina > Wednesday July 9th 4pts Both teams to score 11/10 William Hill Usually in a semi final I would everything to be quite tight and cautious but I’m not sure I trust either of these sides defensively so there could well be some value in the odds against on both sides to score. Both have plenty of attacking options and both lack a bit of pace in the centre of defence too so I expect there to be chances in the game. 11/10 on both taking one appeals most here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/netherlands-vs-argentina-betting-both-sides-can-score-in-sao-paulo

Re: Semi-Final - Netherlands v Argentina > Wednesday July 9th I don't particularly like the look of either of these teams... The dutch were predicted by many (me included) to go out early on because of their shoddy defence but here they are. I still don't rate them that highly and will be utterly dependant on Robben Robbening. But the same could be said for the Argentinians who haven't looked impressive and will rely on Messi. Argentina's games especially have been relatively low scoring, and i think a draw is the most likely outcome in the 90. 11/2 on the score draw with coral seems great value especially considering 11/2 is the best price for 1-1 elsewhere.

Re: Semi-Final - Netherlands v Argentina > Wednesday July 9th Both rely heavily on Their offensive stars. Sneijder Persie Robben trio and Messi.. The question will be how Argentina will aprroach the game. I think Holland will stick to their tactics of inviting the other team to then hit them on the counter. If argentina plays into their hands they will surely be found out by pacy holland and we might even see some goals. If argentina approaches it cautious then we will see a stalemate Im sure off. Im also not sure who will play left hand side in arg defence vs robben. Van persie looked very tired and not that fit and now he has stomach problems. Huntelaar is not the player to trouble the Arg defense. Without Di maria arg might be more cautious. For now I expect a very tight game if both coaches are intelligent enough to recognize each others strengths. Both will fight to be in the final and we finally might see some cards? Çak?r is not card shy and showed in 2 matches 9 cards this WC. Under 2,5 and draw. Maybe GS Robben and Messi to cover these bets while maybe getting all to hit.

Re: Semi-Final - Netherlands v Argentina > Wednesday July 9th

I don't particularly like the look of either of these teams... The dutch were predicted by many (me included) to go out early on because of their shoddy defence but here they are. I still don't rate them that highly and will be utterly dependant on Robben Robbening. But the same could be said for the Argentinians who haven't looked impressive and will rely on Messi. Argentina's games especially have been relatively low scoring, and i think a draw is the most likely outcome in the 90. 11/2 on the score draw with coral seems great value especially considering 11/2 is the best price for 1-1 elsewhere.
Hello, where is the above price of 11/2 on a scoring draw? Can't find it anywhere, draw and BTTS is 7/2.

Re: Semi-Final - Netherlands v Argentina > Wednesday July 9th Simple value bet for me is to lay Argentina at around 2.46-5ish with matchbook/smarkets Netherlands +0.5 may drift to a better price on the AH markets but is currently short against 1/2% commission of matchbook and smarkets respectively; offered by pinnacle. I rated the Argentines to be a more delicate favourite because of the quality of their squad, at perhaps 2.68. The Netherlands have been through more in this WC and will be difficult to beat, having overcome deficits many times against Spain, Mexico Australia etc. It will be interesting to see how the Argentines react to falling behind, should they fall behind I feel it is a very conservative bet laying the favourites as the draw is quite significant and 0 - 0 and 1 - 1 are both bang in range, and is probably a slight favourite ahead of a Dutch win. I have also gone for 3 - 1 at 40, and 4 - 1 at 160 as I feel these prices are too high on the exchanges.

Hello, where is the above price of 11/2 on a scoring draw? Can't find it anywhere, draw and BTTS is 7/2.
I don't know. Match result and BTTS was the market. And Coral have now removed it. Must have been backed into infinity or was originally priced up wrong.

The Dutch weren't all that good against either Mexico or Costa Rica to be fair' date=' Argentina have played stronger opposition in the Belgians.[/quote'] I disagree here, the first half against Mexico wasn't grest for sure. Pretty equal and defensive tactics from both sides. After the mexican goal, The dutch team was all over the place for more than 30 minutes due the fact they changed their formation. Against costa rica the first half again was a bit dissapointing but they still had some great scoring chances but Van persie failed miserably. Shit happens sometimes! But in the second half Costa rica passed the middle line maybe 3 times, first shot on goal in minute 117. And how poor they might sound they still won against some tough teams and but against Holland they didn't stood a chance imo. Should have easily ended 3-0 in the end without a doubt on any other day. Argentina faced Belgium, in potential a great team but without any experience on a WC and it was prety clear to me they had too much respect for Argentina. Never pushed it all the way even after that quick goal of higuain. Their performance was pretty flat without much pressure on the defense of Argentina. Hazard failed like in all the other games he played this tournament. Tonight will be a total different story. Likely under game for me and hard to pick a winner but to say this dutch team didnt impress is nonsense to me. Nobody expected them to top the group, and most of all totally outplayed Spain and a very solid win against a dangerous outsider Chili. They neutralized Sanchez and Vargas pretty comfortable. Messi is beyond godlike to me but he also has his troubles cause of the lack of class around him. Without Di maria there is another gap to be filled. Aguero might start but no way he's 100%. Perez is a good midfielder but does not have the pace or skills of Di maria. Both will probably play defensive and a HT draw is very likely for me. Probably a great moment will be decisive in this game but I Favor the dutch to qualify in the end. Odds are fine for me, medium stakes and small stakes on the win. Goodluck all!

Re: Semi-Final - Netherlands v Argentina > Wednesday July 9th Netherlands Over 1.5 TG @ 3.5 (Coral) for a 0.45 stake Netherlands Over 2.5 TG @ 12 (Coral) for a 0.1 stake I could probably be overestimating due to yesterday's 7-1, but I do feel that there is a big underestimation of Netherlands. I also like their price to qualify, but it could prove too short for the odds of Over 1.5 and Over 2.5 TG on Coral. Netherlands have been extremely good in attack, with the likes of Arjen Robben, Van Persie, Sneijder and big talents such as Depay, Lens and Blind. Netherlands also have a big X factor: Louis Van Gaal. In fact, in both matches against Mexico and Costa Rica, he was truly important. He's proving to everyone he is a step above most of the managers on this WC, and I do expect him to make an impact today as well. Surely the game plan was well designed and he will have loads of plans for each scenario that might occur during the game. Argentina has looked very disappointing to me, but the truth is that they are close to a WC final. Sabella clearly knows how to win matches, but team isn't really playing well for the talent at their disposal. Look too much dependent on Messi and are already without Aguero and Di Maria, two big players. Lavezzi and Mascherano are playing well, but even though the defence has one of the best CB in the world for me (Garay), when seriously tested (Nigeria, Switzerland last minutes), they faced a lot of difficulties and were lucky enough to snatch a win against the Switzs. Against much more creative and fast players, they will surely struggle. I think the match will be a cracker, especially if there are early goals. Both teams are much better on the attack than on defense, although Argentina in attack looks a bit behind in comparison with the Dutch side, especially with no Di Maria and Aguero. Netherlands probably will not have Vlaar in defense, and even though some players there look well below average in terms of WC winning material, they look very cohesive, organized and truly act as team. And that's where the difference is, just like yesterday. Netherlands are a team, while Argentina look too much dependent of the individuality. There's a game plan, actually there are loads of game plan in the Netherlands thanks to Van Gaal. I can't see that in Argentina. Netherlands will prefer to counter and will be extremely dangerous in that as Demichelis, Garay and Rojo will have no speed to stop Robben and others speedsters in the Dutch X11. But even if Argentina sits back too much, Netherlands has what it takes to score some goals. I do like Netherlands to make it through this one, and odds to Qualify look good at 2.2/2.25 in some bookies. But I'm risking the Over 1.5 and Over 2.5 TG as I feel Netherlands could easily score 2 or 3 today against a very unconvincing Argentina defensive line. Good luck everyone.

Re: Semi-Final - Netherlands v Argentina > Wednesday July 9th This WC has been predictable for those who bet on goals markets, record number of goals in the qualifying rounds then a goal drought in the knockout stages and then the dam has burst open again it seems, so I'm going for goals tonight. Might sound a counterproductive strategy after yesterday's Brazil's rout which would favour a more cautious approach from the two coaches tonight, but I would hope that instead they throw caution to the wind and that the two teams try to score at least 2 goals to avoid a trashing of the same magnitude as yesterday's one. Both teams have enough firepower at the front with players who can score from long range shots, free kicks and mazy runs so I'll go for over 2.5 and even a little bit of over 3.5.

Re: Semi-Final - Netherlands v Argentina > Wednesday July 9th Odds of Arg/draw or Ned/draw ht/ft bets @15.00 looks like a good shout. Can't really pick a side so small stakes on the above bet and draw @3.25 both with bet365. Both teams have had a combined 3 draws in the past 4 matches, the only non draw being argentina's 1-0 win over belgium. This game could be cagey or there can be goals but both teams have the quality to peg back making the draw and ht/ft bets intriguing.

Re: Semi-Final - Netherlands v Argentina > Wednesday July 9th Expect a hard battle on the midfield. match could go either way, so look on other markets. unibet is offering odds on fouls suffered on a player. over 0.5 fouls suffered Blind odds 1.72 real value, he wil play in midfield or right back with offensive power. over 0.5 fouls suffered Sneijder odds 1.6

Re: Semi-Final - Netherlands v Argentina > Wednesday July 9th My bets tonight... £12 on over 1.5 goals @ 4/9 £3 on over 2.5 goals @ 6/4 £3 on over 3.5 at @ 15/4 £1 on Messi to score first Holland to win @ 40/1 £1 on Robben to score first Argentina to win @ 40/1 Hoping for 2-1 and one of the reverse wincast scenarios...

Re: Semi-Final - Netherlands v Argentina > Wednesday July 9th I think Argentina is too strong of a favorite. Matter of fact Holland should be a small favorite and I would understand if the bookmakers put out a flat pick because it is Argentina's backyard and they will have a big fan base. In big games like this large fan base does not necessarily help, especially if you get behind. This line is influenced by public money; I think the only value is on Holland.

I think Argentina is too strong of a favorite. Matter of fact Holland should be a small favorite and I would understand if the bookmakers put out a flat pick because it is Argentina's backyard and they will have a big fan base. In big games like this large fan base does not necessarily help' date=' especially if you get behind. This line is influenced by public money; I think the only value is on Holland.[/quote'] Don't forget that Holland has Van Gaal who is definitely someone who might be the difference between two good teams. I'm sure he has studied Argentina inside out so he might well know how to stop Argentina.