** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Semi-Final - Brazil v Germany > Tuesday July 8th

Re: Semi-Final - Brazil v Germany > Tuesday July 8th

I must agree with you. If I hadn't already placed my bet' date=' I would have probably taken this. Hard to imagine it will finish with 1 yellow for Brazil and 0 for Germany.[/quote'] but it does... congrats!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see these cold and calculated Germans slitting Brazil's throat here one way or another. Agree with Hast. +0 AH has to be the play.
Well Germans were tired of always being the bridesmaids and they were at their ruthless best here to finally make a final! It was evident they missed Thiago Silva way more than Neymar and all of David Luiz's faults came out here with nowhere to hide. Congratulations Germany. One thing for tomorrow's match is that that the two European teams with the most perfect qualifying records for the past two major tournaments have been Germany and Holland. Their meticulous ways seem to be paying off like we just saw against a team who has been playing friendlies for the last two years. And lastly if Argentina make the final, the memories of the last World Cup Germany 4 - 0 Argentina are very fresh to me. Importantly, I think nothing much has changed, Argentina still have a poor defence and are over reliant on Messi and Germany are still a well engineered machine on their day, that can be devastating. This explains everything... BsDdvvMCEAArcop.jpg

Re: Semi-Final - Brazil v Germany > Tuesday July 8th Regarding my bet, a bit gutted as I felt there was a clear penalty for Brazil, the Maicon one. Oh well, we witnessed history. Looks like I overrated Brazil too much. I'm really glad I avoided the MO markets. Felt like a 50/50 too much for me before KO, but surely was a 1/99...

Neither team have looked great up till now but i have been more disappointed in Brazil. Was reading the other day that if they were to win this tournament they would be the worst team to ever do so, I can only remember back till the 98 world cup so not sure if that is true but it gives me an idea of how average they are. Without 2 of there main players Silva & Neymar along with the added pressure from the millions cheering them on i just think they will buckle and with Germany being Germany they always seem to get the job done. This is the 4th time in a row the Germans have reached a semi final of a world cup and i believe they will go on to win it this year, at the very least get to the final. Germany to qualify @ 10/11 bet365 :hope
:loon Destroyed them :clap

Brazil to get more yellows @ 2.05 (Marathon)
After it was 0:5 in the 29th minute, it was clear that such a bet was already just a gamble, but it luckily won in the end. I still believe it was good value, and if the game was more normal, it would have landed. About the game - credit to Germany for finally giving up the boring and predictable Guardiola tiki-taka and going back to Heynkes "blietzkrieg" football, but I still think it was mainly Brazil being terrible, rather than Germany being so outstanding. It was clear before the game to all knowledgeable in football that Germany was better in every line and the only thing that Brazil could offer to this game were set pieces and passion. Hence, the smart thing for Brazil to do was to sit back, try to kill off the game rhythm, keep the full-backs mainly in their zone to protect them (instead, Marcelo was rushing forward as an attacker), play the hardworking and good in defense Willian, instead of the lazy and clumsy Hulk, etc., etc....Brazil did just the opposite and was severely punished. After the second goal, I felt the Brazilians were in complete and utter "zombie" state of mind, and under such conditions, even a team like Algeria could have crushed them. World Cup 2014 Stats: 33 Bets, 21 Wins, 11 Losses, 1 Void + 7.60 Units (1 Unit per bet)

Re: Semi-Final - Brazil v Germany > Tuesday July 8th Paddy Power said one punter from the West Midlands had £1 at 500/1 on the score at half-time being 5-0. Only four people put bets on the full-time score being 7-1, with one cashing in £2,505 after putting £5 at 500/1 on the correct score being 7-1 to Germany. A man in Altrincham won £240 after putting an 80p bet on Germany to be leading 5-0 at half time. Bookmakers William Hill revealed the unidentified punter put the small amount on the 300-1 wager before the game. Aside from the unlikely result, despite 121,026 bets being placed, not one managed to predict the correct 7-1 scoreline. William Hill spokesman Rupert Adams told MailOnline: 'It’s the first time since 1999, when we introduced online betting, that not one William Hill punter has predicted the correct score in a football match. 'Betting on Germany winning 7-1 against Brazil would be the equivalent of getting all six numbers in the Lottery. 'It might even be the first time since the Premier League began in 1992 that no one has placed a bet on the correct score in a football match, but we can’t confirm this. 'A student from Altrincham placed an 80p bet on Germany being 5-0 up at half time and won £240.’ 'William Hill is offering odds of 500-1 for Holland or Argentina to win 7-1 tonight.' Meanwhile, Coral took six bets in-running on the final score being 10-0, the first time the bookmaker has ever taken a bet on that scoreline in a World Cup semi-final at odds of 100-1. A spokeswoman said one online punter placed a £2 bet on Germany winning 13-0, when they were 6-0 up at odds of 300-1. Despite the shock scoreline, it was still the most expensive result of the tournament for Coral, with a German victory, Thomas Muller opening the scoring, and both sides scoring, costing a seven-figure pay-out