** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Brazil v Colombia (21:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.87[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.95[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th Colombia all day. This is the end of the road for Brazil. Anyone watching Brazil v Chile, will know that despite having a goal chalked off, they hardly created many clear cut chances and were over reliant on Neymar to do something special. They were hit on the break with ease and could barely play it through the middle, let alone do something in the final third. This Brazilian side isn't just the worst Brazilian team I've seen, it's also currently the worst side going into the quarter finals.

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th

Colombia all day. This is the end of the road for Brazil. Anyone watching Brazil v Chile' date=' will know that despite having a goal chalked off, they hardly created many clear cut chances and were over reliant on Neymar to do something special. They were hit on the break with ease and could barely play it through the middle, let alone do something in the final third. This Brazilian side isn't just the worst Brazilian team I've seen, it's also currently the worst side going into the quarter finals.[/quote'] Don't think they are the worst side at this phase considering one of Costa Rica and Greece will qualify as well. Agree with you that Colombia are the form team at this moment, and should give Brazil a good test. Columbia will go all out for the win, and I don't see them losing in normal time. Columbia DNB 13/5 Bet Victor

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th Draw or Colombia 21/20 @ Bet365 - Brazil were my picks to win it before the start of the tournament but they have not lived up to many people's expectations unlike Colombia who look like potential winners in my opinion. I can't see Brazil beating Colombia in 90 minutes because they struggled against Chile and Colombia are a better side than Chile IMO. Brazil looked a very short price against Chile and 4/5 is still too short now. Colombia have the better attack and the better defence so i cannot see them losing in 90 minutes.

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th I understand all the positive vibes for Colombia here but I think you will be caught out, I wouldn't mind at a higher price but the double chance on Colombia taking Brazil to extra time or winning in 90 is a poor price in my opinion.... ....Brazil will be to strong over the course of 90 minutes. They haven't looked overly convincing in their 4 games but the pressure of putting in good performances with the expectation on their shoulders is not easy. They did what they needed to do in the group stage, topping it. I thought they performed well against a really top side in Chile who make it hard to get any real openings & should of won it in the 90 minutes with a couple of decisions from Webb not going the right way. It's time for them to step up a gear now were into the quarters & I fancy them to come on from the shootout with Chile, the relief & confidence they can take from that is a positive. Colombia walked their group, however I'm not convinced that was overly strong. The Greeks & Japan were brushed aside easily and that Ivory Coast side did not perform to their capability. I'm not taking anything anyway from Colombia, they played some good football just I don't believe the calibre of teams they faced were anything like what they can expect from the hosts. They put in a decent performance against Uruguay, but again how good is that side without Suarez? They got through a poor group, with Italy & England under performing. This will be a much bigger test for Colombia & I guess we will see what they are made of, although on home turf, I strongly fancy the Brazilians to qualify without the need for extra time or a shootout here. Brazil To Win in 90 Minutes @ 1.84 888sport

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th Brazil were unlucky in 90 minutes against Chile, another day could have been 2-0 up at half time. The Chile goal was gifted to them and out of nowhere, as well as having the Hulk goal wrongly disallowed.

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th Hulk wrongly disallowed? :lolyou could see it touched his bicep, also the Chile shot which hit the bar, on another day it could have went in, i think Brazil were slightly the better team btw.

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th Yep chest isn't handball. Chile could have snatched it at the end with Pinillas shot but that would have been very harsh on Brazil as they had done enough to win over 90 minutes and should have had it won by the time Chile had the late chance. Back to this match though, I do agree Brazil are too short and I think Colombia are a better side than Chile so it should be another step up in opposition for Brazil.

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th For the first time in this tournament I have no qualms whatsoever about opposing Brazil. I was shocked at how laboured and impotent they looked against Chile in the second half. Up until the last game I was prepared to give them a benefit of the doubt and attribute their somewhat unconvincing performances to the tremendous amount of pressure they are under and the weight of expectations, but now I see it's more than that. There are some serious defficiencies in that team, not least the striker position. But they are also wobbly at the back, as their one clean sheet and many individual errors in this World Cup will testify. On the other hand, the only argument people offer up when belittling Colombia's fantastic performance at this World Cup is that they haven't played anyone of note yet. Well, for one thing, you can only beat what is in front of you. Second, they are a very young side who play exciting, attacking football no matter who is in front of them and will have no inferiority complex against Brazil unlike some other nations. They were absolutely electric yesterday and I feel there is plenty more to come from them. At the very least, I expect them to take this tie to extra time. So, Colombia double chance @ 2.05 for 5pts and half time/full time draw @ 5.50 for 2pts are my bets for this game.

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th Agreed. Neymar was inconsolable after the shootout. A shootout his team just won! Brazil are taking this huge emotion into every match and you can see it dragging them down like a huge weight on their shoulders. And the vibe isn't one of positive pressure either, it's one of fear. Fear of losing. Colombia ironically are the ones who are young and fearless. I'll say now, if they go on to win this tournament, I won't be one bit surprised. While Neymar feels he has to entertain with flicks and carry his team on his back, Colombia are filled with quality from the top leagues and they all play smart, efficient and there is no top dog who carries the team. They have a huge chance against a Brazil full of defects and that likes to get caught up in the emotion too much. Will likely have something on one of the positive Asian Handicaps for Colombia.

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th Yeah, agree with many here. I rate Colombia pretty good especially imcause they are in such positive flow and with one of the best players of this workd cup in their ranks, James. Like Toto said, this team has no fear and they will feel a lot less pressure then Brasil. One thing was very clear in the game against Chili. Brasil was sooo afraid to loose, it was just unreal. Like you could feel the fear they had in your own room. Luckily for them chili's penalties were a dissaster but I think over 90 minutes Colombia will surely not loose against this uncertain Brasil side. Neymar is a serious injury doubt and if he's out their confidence will get another huge blow towards this game. If neymar is definitely out the odds will drop faster than a cannonball. I will surely take them on the +0.5 line rather high stakes. Also some stakes on the colombia win. I feel this could be the end for Brasil, Colombia played great in the last couple of years towards this tournament. Second place in the qualification and they showed true spirit and skills so far even without their star player Falcao. James is young, but a world class player if you can step up like he does on this stage. For me one of the best value bets in this KO stage. Brasil can always raise their game and win any game but it is highly unlikely in their current form and pressure on their shoulders. Hope Colombia delivers well.

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th I agree with Spooner, Columbia are more attacking than Chile and their style of play will suit the Brazilians. It therefore should be an open match but I expect Brazil to be more clinical and the occasion to overwhelm Columbia. I'm backing Brazil to win in 90 minutes.

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th NO BET for me, a game to watch and enjoy. As much as I love everything about Brazilian football in many years, I posted earlier that time is coming when Brazil will face real class here, and they will struggle. The pressure on the team is so heavy, that you can almost feel the fear of losing. The home crowd can easily turn against the team if the game develops in a wrong way. I do not see the confidence, neither a winning spirit in many great players. I do not see influential midfield, which dominates the game, with skill, and in previous years - with imagination and ''pervert'' moves we all remember for ages. Bar Neymar the attack is so far toothless, and when the real danger comes from a single player, it is much easier for any opposition to control the game. The defence is average, or a fraction above average... If the referee blows his whistle 50/50 and no ''gifts'' given to the home team, both teams can win, regardless how and when. Those who follow in-play late night games in South America should have noticed how far the Colombian football has gone in the past 4-5 years - very tactical and great discipline, yet very often just as entertaining as the Brazilan games. Class is beyond dispute. Many also seem to forget that the FIFA Rankings are based on good stats, and Colombia was in the top 10 for over a year, reaching at some point top 5. The comeback in Baranquilla against Chile in the qualifiers, being 3-0 down at HT was one of the most impressive games I watched this year. A relatively easy group in the WC which saw Colombia through was just as easy for Brazil. Suarez or no Suarez, the game vs Uruguay was won with no doubt, and it was the Colombians who were setting the pace at 90% of the game, despite the final push from Cavani & Co. Most important - the Colombians have a lot less to lose in this game, no one at home will blame the team for losing against Brazil, no shame in losing to Brazil (to any team in the world) while the home side will be figuratively crucified if knocked out. This is the best chance for Colombia to do something huge, and make history, against the Big Boys in football, who, unfortunately in this WC so far do not impress at all. Colombia has the spirit and mentality, plus the skill to win this game. From a betting point of view though going against the home team who have been setting the pace of the world's football for many generations is risky to me. Good luck with your bets, I see much more reasons to risk my money in the Argentina-Switzeralnd game...This one is to enjoy IMO.

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th No surprise for me if Brasil passes but i hope they face Germany in the final!!!!!! Worst team i would say in this WC is Brasil for me!

No surprise for me if Brasil passes but i hope they face Germany in the final!!!!!! Worst team i would say in this WC is Brasil for me!
They can't play Germany in the final, semi-final only.

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th I read this morning that since 2002, 10 teams have progressed after extra time and/or penalties. 9 of these teams were eliminated in the next round! The emotional involvement of Brazil is immense and you could tell after the penalties. This will have taken it out of Brazil, and Columbia had a much more relaxed game against Uruguay. I like the look of Columbia double chance which is currently 1.90 with Hills.

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th As with others, Colombia double chance tempts me. I've had a streak of bad luck but got both of my USA v Belgium 0-0 first half and under 2.5 goals correct so maybe it's a turning point. With that in mind, my bet for the match will be centered around corners. In the teams last four games Brazil have had 7,4,7,9 corners, where as Colombia are down at 4,5,2,3. Their 4-1 victory over Japan only netted them 2 corners, Japan had 9! So with that in mind, Brazil to have most corners 1.5 @ Hills is tempting me, more risky but greater reward would be Brazil -1 corners, varies but around 1.75-1.8.

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th Some information for you guys, as I think this could be VERY important. Looks like Brazil players seemed to succumbing to the pressure of playing at home, as Scolari asked for the help of the psychologists of the Brazilian National Team to boost the team's mental strength, who seemed to be lacking in all of the matches expect against Cameroon. Most will come and say Brazil hasn't convinced yet, that is true, but if they were not succumbing to the enormous pressure around them, I am pretty sure they would be playing outstading football and were the clear #1 candidates to win this. They still are, although they would be with much better odds. Why do I think this could be very important? Simple. First of all, as any regular punter/trader, the more news pre-KO of a match, the better. Anyone should know what is happening in each of the squads prior to KO. Second, I do feel this might turn into Brazil's favour, or completely against them. Should the players be cleaned up mentally, I do expect Brazil to win this and to convince the whole world they are the candidates against a very strong Colombian side. However, players can turn up much more nervous if the therapy does not work. I don't know if you are familiar with related therapies, but 1 or 2 sessions might just not be enough for some players, and might even turn against them if more personal and team doubts arise during the therapies (And before you ask, no, I'm not a psychologist. But trust me on this one). That is why I'm going for a NO BET before-KO. Will only assume my position in-play. I want to see how will Brazil start against Colombia. Still, it only makes sense in my head that players will be ready to be on full throttle since minute 1, trying to score twice as fast as possible to boost up their confidence...

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th Not really sure which way this is going to go. Didnt fancy Brazil before the start of this world cup and up until now i wouldn't say they have been that great, i think there due a performance tho and this might be it. Have watched most of the Colombia games and enjoy watching them play, Think it will be open with both teams going for it. Just one bet for me. Both to score. 10/11 @ bet365

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th I feel that Columbia have the edge in this one as the pressure seems to be getting to Brazil, but I am going to focus on the goalscorer market. James Rodriguez has been one of the stars of the tournament and is the top scorer with five goals. This lad is different class for his country and is given a free role to really express himself. He is available at as high as 16/5 to score anytime with Paddy Power and can be found around 3/1 with various bookmakers. This price is too high for me as he is on sensational form and the odds for guys like Messi or Muller to score anytime would be a lot lower. Real value here IMO.

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th Does anyone know who will take the penalty in the colombia squad? If its James than the odds might be worth it. I know cuardrado took one but James was on the bench at that moment.

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th I think Columbia have been impressive so far and will have plenty of backers at big prices but I've a nagging feeling about Brazil pulling one last win from this match...I'm concerned that Columbia let midfield runners go straight at the defense and can see Neymar causing all sorts of problems...assuming of course Chile game didn't drain him too much. Maybe Columbia will have a plan for him but if not they could be in trouble. A far more interesting bet for me is both teams to score at 11/10 - I think there is real value in those odds given both teams records to date and I don't think Brazil have any other way to play than attack and hopefully not concede while Columbia have more than enough to get a goal. I had expected odds of c. 4/6 so for 11/10 is a very good bet

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th 4pts Both teams to score 11/10 BetVictor This promises to be an exciting quarter final and one many people can’t wait for. Both sides look to attack so I fully expect this to be an open game even though both sides will be trying to nullify the main threat of the other team. Both sides have goal threats in them and you sense both can be caught out at the back so odds against on both teams scoring looks good to me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/brazil-vs-colombia-betting-both-sides-can-score-in-the-pick-of-the-quarter-finals

Brazil simply don't have the players to play great football' date=' it's nothing to do with their mental well being.. Go look at the Brazil side of 2002.. Then look at Fred[/quote'] I can't totally agree with that. With or without Fred, I still rate Brazil as the big favourite to win this competition. Sure they still didn't show their best so far, but they are still on time to do it. I feel most of you are being caught by the Colombia bandwagon, and although they have quality and IMO, have enough to eliminate Brazil tomorrow, I think Brazil will present themselves tomorrow cleaned up mentally and ready to deliver their best exhibition of this World Cup. I think that discarding totally what I said could be a big banana skin! Still, I wouldn't mind that Colombia eliminated Brazil, even though I have Brazil on my outright. They surely are entertaining. And it is very hard to ignore their odds to qualify based on recent form and exhibitions. --- Well, my two cents for tomorrow, where I do agree with most of you on the main bet, I'm risking on an outsider bet: BTTS: Yes @ 2.10 (Betfair Sportsbook) for a 0.60 stake Brazil and BTTS @ 4.5 (Betfair Sportsbook) for a 0.15 stake I expect this match to be a cracker, first of all. Brazil will be facing a Colombian side which is going to be a big challenge once again, just as Chile was. Colombia has the best player of the tournament in James Rodriguez and other in-forms big players such as Cuadrado Both teams have the quality upfront to score, and Colombia actually has scored in every single match, even against tough defensive opposition such as Uruguay and Greece. However, they didn't look that convincing in the back, and look extremely unbalanced when caught on a counter due to both wing-back supporting the attack too much, leaving some slow players behind to caught up counters. Brazil have the likes on Neymar and Hulk, I don't rate Fred that badly and plus Thiago Silva and David Luiz are terrific in set pieces. I can't see both teams not scoring in the first 90 minutes, and there's definitely enough value in 2.10 for both teams to score. Brazil have being very unconvincing so far, but I expect them to pull out their best exhibition so far tomorrow. Players will step up to the occasion after some "mental cleaning" and look very fit even though they had extra time against Chile. Colombia will be ready for it, and will deliver a good exhibition as well, but Brazil will survive in the end of the 90 minutes and keep the dream alive to assure their 6th World Cup.

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th Going to be a tough match to call this one. Both teams in good form. Brazil unbeaten in 13 and Columbia unbeaten in 11. Columbia the inform team out of the two and are on fire. However in previous matches that Columbia have played they have been against opposition with little quality... Japan, Ivory Coast, Greece and Uruguay (without Suarez). Brazil had a scare against Chile and will be high on euphoria after beating them in a tense penalty shootout. They wont want to have a repeat and go to extra time and i believe they will do anything to stop the game going to extra time. Columbia while great attacking wise will worry me defensively against some good attacking brazillian players. Also they will be facing a far superior defense to that they have previously faced in the tournament. Both teams are faced paced attacking sides and i believe this will be an open game but i think Brazil have the edge with the home support also.. up until now Columbia have had the spectators on their side! I think a lot of people will be rooting for Columbia based soley on their impressive performances but i believe that when you analyze all the factors Brazil are favourites Good bets in my opinion; Both teams to score - Yes - Evens Over 1.5 goals - 1/3 Brazil to qualify - 2/5