** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Vanarama Conference Ante-Post

Darran

Re: Vanarama Conference 9th August

Blimey if you think Macclesfield are more financially stable then you clearly haven't been paying much attention. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum
Everythings is relative, http://www.macclesfield-express.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/amar-alkadhi-macclesfield-town-owner-7332758 Things looking better than a few months ago, even though they are not financially strong! http://www.silk1069.com/macclesfield-town-fans-forum-report/ Quite clearly they are better off than a few months ago, also this accordring to the clubs majority shareholder, but maybe you have more in depth knowledge about the club than him? And about me paying attention? Even though you are one of the best, you will have no chance matching my numbers for the upcoming season in the conference, or League 1 or League 2. Personally I have 120% ROI on my bets since December, you don't even record your stats so we wont even see how much muct the attention you paid to the sport paid of in ROI!

Re: Vanarama Conference Ante-Post Clearly you missed when the manager said their wage budget was tiny and he was struggle to sign the players he wanted because the budget wasn't enough. After that paper interview appeared online they cut by BV into favourites to finish in the bottom 4. Had they still been the original price (think it was 5/2) I would have been backing them to go down because they clearly have little money and a weak looking squad. I don't bet on League 1 or 2 so I won't match you there. Also I have no idea how well or otherwise I will do this season just like you don't. A couple of seasons ago reading the Conference Prem was pretty hard as there were some really baffling results. Last season was much better, but who knows what this season has in store? Also why don't you tell us who you think is going to win the league? I realised yesterday that in the last 4 seasons I have ended up backing the top 2 in the League at some point during the season. Granted I backed Luton later than I should have done last year, but Cambridge were one of my ante-post tips.

Re: Vanarama Conference Ante-Post

Clearly you missed when the manager said their wage budget was tiny and he was struggle to sign the players he wanted because the budget wasn't enough. After that paper interview appeared online they cut by BV into favourites to finish in the bottom 4. Had they still been the original price (think it was 5/2) I would have been backing them to go down because they clearly have little money and a weak looking squad. I don't bet on League 1 or 2 so I won't match you there. Also I have no idea how well or otherwise I will do this season just like you don't. A couple of seasons ago reading the Conference Prem was pretty hard as there were some really baffling results. Last season was much better' date=' but who knows what this season has in store? Also why don't you tell us who you think is going to win the league? I realised yesterday that in the last 4 seasons I have ended up backing the top 2 in the League at some point during the season. Granted I backed Luton later than I should have done last year, but Cambridge were one of my ante-post tips.[/quote'] You are without a doubt one of the best in the business in my eyes. I really think you should start evalutating your bets in units or whatever, keeping a book. And that's something I think all serious guys should do here on PL to take the forum to the next level. Is this something you consider for the new season? Personally my target is a minimum of 120% ROI at the end of the season in the conference. Good results last season, let's hammer it this season! I think an advice to all guys out there must to be keep the stakes low until the season has settled down after a few weeks.

You are without a doubt one of the best in the business in my eyes. I really think you should start evalutating your bets in units or whatever, keeping a book. And that's something I think all serious guys should do here on PL to take the forum to the next level. Is this something you consider for the new season? Personally my target is a minimum of 120% ROI at the end of the season in the conference. Good results last season, let's hammer it this season! I think an advice to all guys out there must to be keep the stakes low until the season has settled down after a few weeks.
I used to keep a track of all my bets a few years ago, but I never kept it up. I agree I probably should, but I am just a bit lay when it comes to things like that. I think it is dangerous to set targets because like I say no season is the same. The only target worth having is to make a profit.

Re: Vanarama Conference Ante-Post Boggen, am not sure Alfreton have best Manager in the Conf ? Gary Mills (Heed) and Gary Hill (Woking) are better in my opinion. Best player at Woking is Midfielder Josh Payne , sheer quality. I actually think that Alfreton will be a lower half team this season. I agree with addpea that the selections in the RP just look like guess work and dont inspire. I am sorry but i just can not decide on the winner of the Conf Prem it is too difficult.

Re: Vanarama Conference Ante-Post You could add Steve burr and maybe even Alan Devonshire to that list as well. As for the racing post they really would be better getting a non-league expert to preview the various leagues. A lot of people read it and will back their not massively informed selections. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Re: Vanarama Conference Ante-Post Bearing in mind the wonders our guy did with Nuneaton it will be interesting to see what Kevin Wilkin will do with a deeper squad thanks at Nuneaton. When he left them they were in fourth place. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using PL Forum

Good pont as i forgot about Mr Burr. He worked wonders at Kiddy and Stalybridge Celtic. I am sure Chester will be much better this season and they are 5/4 to be in top half. Not the most generous odds.
I do think Chester will be better this season, mainly because of Burr although I agree the 5/4 to be in the top half offers little value as I reckon they will be around mid-table.

Bearing in mind the wonders our guy did with Nuneaton it will be interesting to see what Kevin Wilkin will do with a deeper squad thanks at Nuneaton. When he left them they were in fourth place. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using PL Forum
Hard to know if that was a bit of a fluke or it was all down to him. My gut is it is a bit of both so agree it will be interesting to see how he gets on for you this season.

Re: Vanarama Conference Ante-Post A Best Manager list would have to include Neil Aspin, Lee Gregory gone but I fully expect Halifax to be a better team this year. I fancy Braintree to have another good season this year and have taken them on the handicap (not a great market to bet in) and in a match bet with Telford. They are a phenomenal unit who are very difficult to play against, losing the centre back concerns me more than the loss of a forward, but it's all about the team with them. I've had a nibble on Jon Shaw at 33-1 to be top scorer.

How many points are you generally putting on season long bets? ie. league winners' date=' relegation etc?[/quote'] Based on a max of 5pts Gateshead 1pt e/w Barnet 1pt e/w Woking 0.5pts to be promoted Woking 1pt to finish top 5 Alfreton 1pt to finish top half Nuneaton 1pt to be relegated

Re: Vanarama Conference Ante-Post 1pt ew Barnet to win Conference 16/1 Betfred (1/4 1-3) I’ve seen a fair bit of Barnet in recent times and I have to say I’ve liked what I’ve seen. Martin Allen has had time to assess his squad and he’s got rid of those he doesn’t think are useful to him and he’s brought in some solid players who will benefit him. Allen has a weird style which doesn’t suit everybody but he is successful with it and with big John Akinde banging in goals and a fairly solid defence I think Barnet look a little overpriced to snatch the title this season. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/vanarama-conference-betting-mad-dog-can-guide-barnet-to-conference-title 1pt ew J.Shaw Top Goalscorer 33/1 BetVictor (1/4 1-4) Another man who has moved clubs is Jon Shaw but he’s moved back to where he came from up at Gateshead and he was very successful there. He will be hoping his injury dogged second season at Luton is behind him and if it is and he gets the service he desires there’s no reason why at a place he is clearly comfortable at that he won’t go well. Whether one or two younger players than him might pip him at the death remains to be seen but Shaw has a decent record at this level and 33/1 is just a touch too big. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/vanarama-conference-betting-jon-shaw-can-enjoy-life-back-in-the-north