** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group G - Portugal v Ghana > Thursday June 26th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Portugal v Ghana (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group G - Portugal v Ghana > Thursday June 26th If Germany and USA draw, they are both through and these two countries are out. But if either wins and there is a winner in the other game, they have a chance. Ghana have the best chance - if they win and Germany beat USA they stand a good chance of going through. Portugal have a -4 goal difference, so they need to win, AND need a big goal difference swing in their favour. Their best chance is if they beat Ghana, and Germany get a big win over USA. But Portugal can help their chances by scoring a few goals here. So both sides need a win and Portugal might need quite a few goals too - I think a high-scoring game is likely and overs look quite attractive at the current odds .. Over 3.0AH 2.04 Pinnacle (Stake returned if exactly 3 goals) Stake: 5 points

Re: Group G - Portugal v Ghana > Thursday June 26th Ghana Over 1.5 TG @ 2.25 (bet365) for a 0.5 stake Ghana Over 2.5 TG @ 5.00 (brt365) for a 0.15 stake After Ghana had supposedly had the prizes detailed by the President of Ghana, I'm about to bet here on Ghana Over 1.5 TG and a small punt on Ghana Over 2.5 TG. Ghana looked immense offensively both against USA and Germany. They were very unlucky to lose against USA, and Germany had a very hard time stopping their fierce attacking power. Defensively, they look like the average african nation nowadays: fast, but well below average tactically and without a confident GK. Portugal have been on shambles lately: an awful 4-0 defeat against Germany (although a bit undeserved due to a biased referee and bad luck regarding injuries) and a 2-2 draw against USA with a last minute goal from Varela. Defensively, Pepe will be back, but neither Bruno Alves and João Pereira have been above average. We will play with an adapted left-back (Miguel Veloso), which said that he doesn't play in that position for 4 years. While I expect some goals, and I actually fancy any side to win (could even end in a draw due to it), we have had trouble stopping fast opposition and I expect that to happen again. Moreover, we come from a match in harsh conditions such as in Manaus. Even though I feel Ronaldo will show up (I mean, he has to), and could score 2 or more (5.00 odd, looks like a good outsider bet), if Ghana boosts up their engine as they should, there is absolutely no chance for Portugal.

Re: Group G - Portugal v Ghana > Thursday June 26th I'm a bit apprehensive on a high scoring game: - Portugal might be missing Almeida & Postiga, with Ronaldo yet to show 100% match fitness. - Ghana had 21 goal attempts against USA, and 18 against Germany. However, only nine of those 39 goal attempts have been on target. - It's too dependent on the Germany-USA match. I know most feel there will be a likely winner. However, what if at halftime, Germany-USA are tied...how would it affect both team? Instead, I looked elsewhere. Considering how Ronaldo had labeled his own team "Average", and them having a much higher goal-difference mountain to climb (-4 vs -1 from Ghana), an early goal from Ghana might just kill off their spirit. Ghana DNB @ 2.38 (BetVictor) 4/10

Re: Group G - Portugal v Ghana > Thursday June 26th 4pts Ghana to beat Portugal 9/4 BetVictor Despite Muntari’s suspension I really like Ghana here. We’ve seen throughout this tournament that teams who have played in Manaus really struggle in their next game and Portugal are further disadvantaged by a whole day less of recovery time since their last match compared to Ghana. I thought Ghana were fantastic against Germany and only the German’s clinical style denied Ghana a win. Portugal aren’t so clinical and given that they could struggle for energy as the game goes on I’m on Ghana here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/portugal-vs-ghana-betting-ghana-s-energy-can-be-too-much-for-portugal

Re: Group G - Portugal v Ghana > Thursday June 26th Totally agree with the opinions above. I think the odds quoted are nothing more than a simple "reputation" prices, which have little to do with the actual condition and situation of both teams. Portugal is out with 95% certainty, but even if they had a chance, I would have still written them off. They are missing a number of important players: Pepe, Coentrao, Postiga and Almeida (both forwards). Most likely, they will have to field Eder at the top of the attack, who is in my opinion, a terrible player. In the centre, Meireles and Coutinho look exhausted and poor. The full-backs have zero contribution and support to the flanks. Ronaldo looks not fit and Nani is useless and wasteful as usual. Overall, the team looks to have completely lost any belief and will to fight. Whoever watched Ghana's two games, know that these guys deserved at least 4 points, although they are just with one. They are very good and balanced team, and unlike most African sides on big tournaments, they are disciplined and know how to defend well. These guys seem like fighters and working well as a unit and a collective (unlike other African - Cameroon the most notorious example). No way they can be underdogs against this poor Portugal. I have the feeling they will teach them a lesson. Ghana DNB @ 2.50 (bet 365)

Re: Group G - Portugal v Ghana > Thursday June 26th

Totally agree with the opinions above. I think the odds quoted are nothing more than a simple "reputation" prices, which have little to do with the actual condition and situation of both teams. Portugal is out with 95% certainty, but even if they had a chance, I would have still written them off. They are missing a number of important players: Pepe, Coentrao, Postiga and Almeida (both forwards). Most likely, they will have to field Eder at the top of the attack, who is in my opinion, a terrible player. In the centre, Meireles and Coutinho look exhausted and poor. The full-backs have zero contribution and support to the flanks. Ronaldo looks not fit and Nani is useless and wasteful as usual. Overall, the team looks to have completely lost any belief and will to fight. Pepe will play tomorrow. Whoever watched Ghana's two games, know that these guys deserved at least 4 points, although they are just with one. They are very good and balanced team, and unlike most African sides on big tournaments, they are disciplined and know how to defend well. These guys seem like fighters and working well as a unit and a collective (unlike other African - Cameroon the most notorious example). No way they can be underdogs against this poor Portugal. I have the feeling they will teach them a lesson. Ghana DNB @ 2.50 (bet 365)
Pepe will play tomorrow.

Pepe will play tomorrow.
Sorry, my bad! I thought direct red should be at least 3 games sanction. Nevertheless, i stick with my bet. Portugal defense will be more stable with him, but Portugal remains a bunch of players who don't act as a team, who don't show any enthusiasm and faith and whose leader is not fit.

Sorry, my bad! I thought direct red should be at least 3 games sanction. Nevertheless, i stick with my bet. Portugal defense will be more stable with him, but Portugal remains a bunch of players who don't act as a team, who don't show any enthusiasm and faith and whose leader is not fit.
Initially I thought that Pepe should have been banned for at least two games for improper conduct. Even the whoscored.com preview http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/789654/Preview lists him as missing for the game. But apparently FIFA have reduced his ban from two to one game and he will be available tomorrow. Anyway, I also backed Ghana, but on the straight win. Even with Pepe Portugal will have trouble containing Ghana's attack with the joke defenders around him.

Re: Group G - Portugal v Ghana > Thursday June 26th Is anyone worried how all this wages payments and possible non training until being paid will effect the game? Also reports that Muntari & KPB have been banished from the training camp and won't feature.

Re: Group G - Portugal v Ghana > Thursday June 26th Both Muntari and Boateng have been sacked from the Ghana squad, there must have been some sort of big bust up in the camp. Just for anyone that is interested. :ok

Is anyone worried how all this wages payments and possible non training until being paid will effect the game? Also reports that Muntari & KPB have been banished from the training camp and won't feature.
Sorry mate, never saw your post.. I'd be inclined to swerve toward Portugal for the game with all the friction in the Ghana camp.

Re: Group G - Portugal v Ghana > Thursday June 26th In terms of the individuals involved; Muntari is a big miss but he was suspended for the game anyway so this doesn't change anything. KPB being out is a positive for Ghana if anything, he's had a poor world cup. He played the first 50 minutes against US before being dragged off and come on for the final 30 against Germany, he has a 70% pass accuracy and is yet to complete a tackle.

Sorry mate' date=' never saw your post.. I'd be inclined to swerve toward Portugal for the game with all the friction in the Ghana camp.[/quote'] No problem :ok I starting to think the same too, although I have foolishly already staked a fair amount on Ghana before I heard the news.

Totally agree with the opinions above. I think the odds quoted are nothing more than a simple "reputation" prices, which have little to do with the actual condition and situation of both teams. Portugal is out with 95% certainty, but even if they had a chance, I would have still written them off. They are missing a number of important players: Pepe, Coentrao, Postiga and Almeida (both forwards). Most likely, they will have to field Eder at the top of the attack, who is in my opinion, a terrible player. In the centre, Meireles and Coutinho look exhausted and poor. The full-backs have zero contribution and support to the flanks. Ronaldo looks not fit and Nani is useless and wasteful as usual. Overall, the team looks to have completely lost any belief and will to fight. Whoever watched Ghana's two games, know that these guys deserved at least 4 points, although they are just with one. They are very good and balanced team, and unlike most African sides on big tournaments, they are disciplined and know how to defend well. These guys seem like fighters and working well as a unit and a collective (unlike other African - Cameroon the most notorious example). No way they can be underdogs against this poor Portugal. I have the feeling they will teach them a lesson. Ghana DNB @ 2.50 (bet 365)
I personally already used the option in Bet 365 - "close down your bet" (for a small fee). I cannot trust a team which such internal problems about which I was unaware. My main arguments here were about the good climate in the dressing room of Ghana, but it seems the African syndrome have caught up with them. No bet for me under these circumstances.

Re: Group G - Portugal v Ghana > Thursday June 26th The reason I bet on goals and avoided match odds was exactly because of these possible Ghana rumours of a lot of fighting in-camp. Still think Ghana will score at least twice, Portugal defense is something to worry about these days against any team.

Re: Group G - Portugal v Ghana > Thursday June 26th Im liking the look of this bet but unsure what exactly it means ; Player vs Team WDW C Ronaldo 7/2 Is this like a wincast ? Portugal win with Ronaldo scoring or is it Ronaldo to outscore Ghana ? Help appreciated.

I've taken CR7 to score a goal @ 4.45 (5dimes). I can't stand the man' date=' but if he's ever going to score his third, this is it...[/quote'] Was Ronaldo really 4.45 for 'anytime goalscorer' - remarkable odds! Was there any more to it?

If Germany and USA draw, they are both through and these two countries are out. But if either wins and there is a winner in the other game, they have a chance. Ghana have the best chance - if they win and Germany beat USA they stand a good chance of going through. Portugal have a -4 goal difference, so they need to win, AND need a big goal difference swing in their favour. Their best chance is if they beat Ghana, and Germany get a big win over USA. But Portugal can help their chances by scoring a few goals here. So both sides need a win and Portugal might need quite a few goals too - I think a high-scoring game is likely and overs look quite attractive at the current odds .. Over 3.0AH 2.04 Pinnacle (Stake returned if exactly 3 goals) Stake: 5 points
Result: Portugal 2 Ghana 1 Bet void Stake: 5 points Return: 5 points Strange game where I though Portugal deserved to win, but neither side really went for it enough - with Germany beating USA, there was actually a decent chance that one of these could have qualified. Portugal had most of the chances but the Ghana defence and goalkeeper were just too good for them.

Was Ronaldo really 4.45 for 'anytime goalscorer' - remarkable odds! Was there any more to it?
Well, can't be true in my opinion those odds for ronaldo against Ghana.. Probably was to score and to win or something like that. Anyways, deserved win overall, he should have scored a couple more though and they could have qualified tonight. But, like many other times they come up short. Entertaining game though!

Was Ronaldo really 4.45 for 'anytime goalscorer' - remarkable odds! Was there any more to it?
Those were the odds...and they've voided the bet. Do I have any recourse when they void a bet saying that it was an error? They should at least give me whatever fair odds would have been.

Those were the odds...and they've voided the bet. Do I have any recourse when they void a bet saying that it was an error? They should at least give me whatever fair odds would have been.
in short no. it will all be covered in terms and conditions that you agree to when opening the account Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

in short no. it will all be covered in terms and conditions that you agree to when opening the account Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
I personally think they should pay out whatever "true" odds would have been. Tbh, it didn't occur to me to question the line, given that he never scores in the WC.

Re: Group G - Portugal v Ghana > Thursday June 26th It didnt occur to you that a player that is 7/2 to score first generally was the same price anytime and not incorrectly priced? A lot of firms will attempt to contact customers to offer them the real price or void, this lot apparently just void it Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

They should at least give me whatever fair odds would have been.
I think they would have voided your bet even if Ronaldo didn't score, so it should be fair. But of course it is an assumption whether they would have done that in that case.