** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group F - Nigeria v Argentina > Wednesday June 25th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Nigeria v Argentina (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.57[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group F - Nigeria v Argentina > Wednesday June 25th Nigeria's defence looked good against Iran and Bosnia. They only need a draw here to be sure of qualifying, even if Iran beat Bosnia. Argentina have already qualified and need a draw to top the group. Bearing all this in mind, I think this could be a low-scoring defensive game, and there could be value in unders or opposing Argentina. Both sides defences are their strengths, and neither needs to win this game. Will Argentina bust a gut to score a lot of goals against a tough physical defence when they have already qualified? Will Nigeria risk not losing and failing to qualify by playing an open attacking game against the skilful Argentinians? It's also possible that Bosnia might take an early lead against Iran (who have to win), and news of Bosnia leading would take pressure off Nigeria. BBC preview: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25285406 Two bets appeal to me. Nigeria +0.5 2.61 Pinnacle Stake: 6 points First half goals Under 1.0 AH 2.03 Pinnacle (Stake refunded if exactly 1 first half goal) Stake: 3 points

Re: Group F - Nigeria v Argentina > Wednesday June 25th 4pts Argentina HT/FT 7/5 BetVictor Now that they are through this is the time for Argentina to relax and let their football flow. Nigeria are in the devil position of knowing a draw will be enough but this isn’t really a side you can play for a draw against and if you go for a win and open yourselves up you’re likely to get done so I can see Nigeria being a bit confused early on in the game. Argentina saw Brazil dazzle on Monday night and that will be their aim here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nigeria-vs-argentina-betting-argentina-can-finally-dominate-a-whole-game

Re: Group F - Nigeria v Argentina > Wednesday June 25th Argentina played two very poor games. Both in terms of performance and team spirit, as Argentina looked to play slow, with not much pressure and chasing of the ball, and little interaction among the different lines in their team. I somehow don't believe that all of a sudden, after they have qualified already, despite their poor performances, they will go out on the pitch and drastically change their attitude for a more or less meaningless game. Given that a draw suits them to keep the first place, I see a slow and cautious Argentina, preferring to keep calm possession instead of sharp attacking. Nigeria needs one point to assure qualification and given the class difference,I expect Nigerians to play very defensively. I am wondering between backing Nigeria on handicap or "unders". My only worry with backing Nigeria on handicap is that Argies still have terrifying firepower in attack and can easily score out of nowhere. And if Argentina takes the lead, then there is high chance that Nigeria will open up and leave spaces in the back to be exlored by the likes of Messi, Aguero etc. Therefore, I prefer to back a bet that both teams won't score a goal, as I see Nigeria being very negative and Argentina not pushing them too hard and hence, not gifting Nigerians good chances to hit on the break, as Iranians did a few times on Saturday. BTTS: NO @ 1.87 (Bwin)

Re: Group F - Nigeria v Argentina > Wednesday June 25th

Nigeria's defence looked good against Iran and Bosnia. They only need a draw here to be sure of qualifying, even if Iran beat Bosnia. Argentina have already qualified and need a draw to top the group. Bearing all this in mind, I think this could be a low-scoring defensive game, and there could be value in unders or opposing Argentina. Both sides defences are their strengths, and neither needs to win this game. Will Argentina bust a gut to score a lot of goals against a tough physical defence when they have already qualified? Will Nigeria risk not losing and failing to qualify by playing an open attacking game against the skilful Argentinians? It's also possible that Bosnia might take an early lead against Iran (who have to win), and news of Bosnia leading would take pressure off Nigeria. BBC preview: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25285406 Two bets appeal to me. Nigeria +0.5 2.61 Pinnacle Stake: 6 points First half goals Under 1.0 AH 2.03 Pinnacle (Stake refunded if exactly 1 first half goal) Stake: 3 points
Result: Nigeria 2 Argentina 3 Both bets lost Total stake: 9 points Total return: nil I didn't see much of the game, but it was obviously a more open attacking game than I had expected. From the sound of it, Argentina deserved to win.

Re: Group F - Nigeria v Argentina > Wednesday June 25th

BTTS: NO @ 1.87 (Bwin)
When you bet was killed after 5 minutes of play, there is not much to add. It seems that Argentina decided to wake up and start playing football in the meaningless 3rd game. World Cup 2014 Stats: 21 Bets, 14 Wins, 5 Losses, 1 Void + 6.75 Units (1 Unit per bet)