** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group F - Bosnia-Herzegovina v Iran > Wednesday June 25th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bosnia-Herzegovina v Iran (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.15 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group F - Bosnia-Herzegovina v Iran > Wednesday June 25th Iran will qualify if they win by 2 goals and Argentina beat Nigeria OR if Iran beat Bosnia and Argentina beat Nigeria by 2 goals. So they have every incentive to attack and win. I was impressed with Iran v Argentina - they could easily have won that game. They were denied a penalty and only lost to a last-minute Messi wonder-goal. Bosnia themselves were a bit unlucky against Argentina and had a goal wrongly disallowed against Nigeria. I could imagine a game that opens up quite a bit towards the end, with a possibility of some late goals, and over 2.5 goals being quite likely (could be good value at odds of over 2.0?). Iran have been fairly defensive, but not much point in them being defensive here when they have an outside chance of qualifying. If Iran attack, Bosnia should get chances on the counter.

Re: Group F - Bosnia-Herzegovina v Iran > Wednesday June 25th Tbh I can't see this going Irans way, they're not bad, but they relied on their defence before and the hope to claim a goal later on. They can't do that if they want to qualify realistically. I won't say they can't score, but Bosnia will take advantage and get a few past them, though I still think we may have a slower first half. Possible draw/Bosnia 22/5 at Unibet. Alternatively straight win 11/10 (many sites) is a safer option. If Iran can get one in, I think they'll lose 2-1 say, so WH 7/2 Bosnia BTTS is another option.

Re: Group F - Bosnia-Herzegovina v Iran > Wednesday June 25th 3pts Iran to beat Bosnia-Herzegovina 11/4 BetVictor Bosnia-Herzegovina have been very disappointing in this tournament and while they have nothing to lose and can give this a good go I think Iran could be a spot of value here. We saw on Saturday how they can counter attack one of the best sides in the world and with a bit more composure they could have led and even won that game. I’m not convinced this new formation suits Bosnia so with plenty to play for I’ll side with the value in Iran in this game. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bosnia-herzegovina-vs-iran-betting-iran-good-value-to-get-the-win-they-need

Re: Group F - Bosnia-Herzegovina v Iran > Wednesday June 25th Think Iran can get a result here, I was impressed with both of their performances against Argentina. I do however believe Iran's defence is a tough nut to crack and they are great of the counter. The big factor for me is that the game is held in Salvador and it should be about 72% humidity. Due to this I think Bosnia will struggle... especially the 2nd half. I think Iran's odds should be much shorter and make Bosnia a Lay at the odds. Bosnia LAY @2.05 Befair 6Units Draw/Iran @9.60 Betfair 2Units Bosnia/Draw @18.50 Betfair 1Unit

Re: Group F - Bosnia-Herzegovina v Iran > Wednesday June 25th

Iran will qualify if they win by 2 goals and Argentina beat Nigeria OR if Iran beat Bosnia and Argentina beat Nigeria by 2 goals. So they have every incentive to attack and win. I was impressed with Iran v Argentina - they could easily have won that game. They were denied a penalty and only lost to a last-minute Messi wonder-goal. Bosnia themselves were a bit unlucky against Argentina and had a goal wrongly disallowed against Nigeria. I could imagine a game that opens up quite a bit towards the end, with a possibility of some late goals, and over 2.5 goals being quite likely (could be good value at odds of over 2.0?). Iran have been fairly defensive, but not much point in them being defensive here when they have an outside chance of qualifying. If Iran attack, Bosnia should get chances on the counter.
You're right with your reasoning, but I think something important should be kept in mind. A bet on overs here is very much dependent on who scores first. If Bosnia scores first, over 2.5 should come in, but if Iran open the score-sheet, I see the Persians parking the bus as they did twice very successfully. And Bosnia was entirely clueless against the parked bus of Nigerians, who are supposedly worse in defense than Iran.

Re: Group F - Bosnia-Herzegovina v Iran > Wednesday June 25th 6pts No goal before 30:00 @ 1.83 Bet365 Regardless of what side lines up for Bosnia, I expect a very defensive minded start from Iran, their both games ended 0-0 and 0-1 (90+1 min). Bearing that in mind, I fancy there to be no goals in the opening 30mins of the game. This would have landed in both Iran's games and in one of Bosnia's game thus far. The other Bosnia game conceded the one early goal to Argentina, and with Iran who don't have the same kind of attacking threat, I think this bet should come in like it has in other tight games such as Italy vs Uruguay and Ivory Coast vs Greece.

You're right with your reasoning' date=' but I think something important should be kept in mind. A bet on overs here is very much dependent on who scores first. If Bosnia scores first, over 2.5 should come in, but if Iran open the score-sheet, I see the Persians parking the bus as they did twice very successfully. And Bosnia was entirely clueless against the parked bus of Nigerians, who are supposedly worse in defense than Iran.[/quote'] A very good point! For me too, the Bosnians have been very disappointing and I see much more Spark about the Iranians. I have had a small bet for them to qualify, so I do not need to bet here. Also the Bosnians played in the the intense heat @ Cuiaba LTO and will still be feeling it I bet. They just look a negative side and I'll be against them here.... Oh, sod it....I'll back them... I think that given how negative Bosnia have been and that Iran will no whats whats at HT in the Nigeria/Argentina game, it could well be a Draw at HT..... so, Draw/Iran @ 8.5 Skybet and Iran Draw no bet @ 2.65 Laddies......will be the bets.... Pretty favourable here with Iran....always helps the confidence. GL all

Re: Group F - Bosnia-Herzegovina v Iran > Wednesday June 25th 1A. Begovi?(G)(G)A.Haghighi12 2Vršajevi?(M)(M)Haji Safi3 4E. Spahi?(D)(D)S.Hosseini4 5Kolasinac(D)(D)A. Sadeghi5 7M. Beši?(M)(M)J. Nekonam6 8M. Pjani?(M)(F)M. Shojaei7 9Ibiševi?(F)(M)Timotian14 11E. Džeko(F)(D)Montazeri15 14T.Susic(M)(F)Ghoochann.16 15T. Šunji?(D)(F)A. Dejagah21 21A. Hadzic(M)(D)M. Pooladi23 Looks like Bosnia has gone back to the 4-1-3-2 formation which was their formation used during qualifiers.

You're right with your reasoning' date=' but I think something important should be kept in mind. A bet on overs here is very much dependent on who scores first. If Bosnia scores first, over 2.5 should come in, but if Iran open the score-sheet, I see the Persians parking the bus as they did twice very successfully. And Bosnia was entirely clueless against the parked bus of Nigerians, who are supposedly worse in defense than Iran.[/quote'] Yeah, it's a good point - I wasn't sure about the value, so I didn't actually recommend a bet. I could imagine if Argentina are winning, say, 2-0, and Iran get a lead of 1-0, they would focus very much on defending their lead. So it COULD certainly be an 'unders' game

Re: Group F - Bosnia-Herzegovina v Iran > Wednesday June 25th I feel that analysts are over-estimating Iran a bit here, hence the odds movement. They are also underestimating the motivation of Bosnia. Iran were very limited against Nigeria and they could barely create a decent attack. They made a very good game against Argentina, but once again their tactics were all about deep defending (understandable against Argentina). However, now Iran will be in a completely new situation when they will need to attack and score a goal. I am not sure they have quality to lead the game and push their opponent. Bosnia became victims to the extraordinary expectations towards them and the over-enthusiasm inside their nation. Now that they already have no chance, I expect them to be more relaxed (in a positive way) and very motivated not to leave the tournament without a win. Let's not forget that Bosnia experienced very unlucky circumstances in the first two games - an own goal in the 1st minute against Argentina and a disallowed clear goal of Dzeko against Nigeria. I believe they won't be so unlucky today. Bosnia -0.25@ 1.97 (Pinnacle)

I feel that analysts are over-estimating Iran a bit here, hence the odds movement. They are also underestimating the motivation of Bosnia. Iran were very limited against Nigeria and they could barely create a decent attack. They made a very good game against Argentina, but once again their tactics were all about deep defending (understandable against Argentina). However, now Iran will be in a completely new situation when they will need to attack and score a goal. I am not sure they have quality to lead the game and push their opponent. Bosnia became victims to the extraordinary expectations towards them and the over-enthusiasm inside their nation. Now that they already have no chance, I expect them to be more relaxed (in a positive way) and very motivated not to leave the tournament without a win. Let's not forget that Bosnia experienced very unlucky circumstances in the first two games - an own goal in the 1st minute against Argentina and a disallowed clear goal of Dzeko against Nigeria. I believe they won't be so unlucky today. Bosnia -0.25@ 1.97 (Pinnacle)
So if it turns out like this, it will probably be an OVERS game - perhaps with a lot of goals as Iran chase the game ... :)

6pts No goal before 30:00 @ 1.83 Bet365 Regardless of what side lines up for Bosnia, I expect a very defensive minded start from Iran, their both games ended 0-0 and 0-1 (90+1 min). Bearing that in mind, I fancy there to be no goals in the opening 30mins of the game. This would have landed in both Iran's games and in one of Bosnia's game thus far. The other Bosnia game conceded the one early goal to Argentina, and with Iran who don't have the same kind of attacking threat, I think this bet should come in like it has in other tight games such as Italy vs Uruguay and Ivory Coast vs Greece.
Sigh, I really ought to stop betting on the early kick-offs, especially more so when I don't check the line-ups or get the watch the game :/ -6pts.

Re: Group F - Bosnia-Herzegovina v Iran > Wednesday June 25th Nice for you Iran, but that goal has messed me up, no win to nil, and 3-1 no under 2.5. Bosnia win but...lose overall for the match, was expecting 2-0 really. Only saving grace is if Bosnia could score again.

Bosnia -0.25@ 1.97 (Pinnacle)
Deserved win for Bosnia! They were indeed more relaxed and played much better. I must admit I feel a bit sorry about them not qualifying, because I feel they were a bit better than Nigeria. World Cup 2014 Stats: 21 Bets, 14 Wins, 5 Losses, 1 Void + 6.75 Units (1 Unit per bet)