** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group C: Greece vs Ivory Coast > Tues 24th June

Re: Group C: Greece vs Ivory Coast > Tues 24th June 4pts Under 2.5 goals 1.75 Unibet I don’t see this one being a high scoring classic I’ve got to admit. Greece don’t look capable of scoring on what we’ve seen so far but they have been resolute the other way. Ivory Coast are more likely to concede and some of their defending against Colombia was shambolic but I don’t see them taking any unnecessary risks in this match so I’d be quite surprised if under 2.5 goals doesn’t land in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/greece-vs-ivory-coast-betting-don-t-expect-lots-of-goals-in-group-c-finale

Re: Group C: Greece vs Ivory Coast > Tues 24th June One would assume Greece will have a go at Ivory Coast which should increase the chances for Over 2.5, but after seeing Greek attitude against Japan in a game where they needed to win, I am pretty confident they are going to play in a typical Greek ultra-defensive manner, hoping to score an odd goal from set piece. Against Japan Greece was defending with all men behind the ball and rarely committed more than 3-4 players in Japan's half when making any of Greece's rare attacks. And this was the case not only after the red card, but even before that. Simply put- Greece doesn't take any risks. The full backs are obviously given orders from the coach not to engage in attacks and to leave the defense unprotected - for instance, Halebas is a very active fullback in his team - Olympiacos (made great games against Man United), but with Greece he rarely crosses into the opposition half. In addition, Greeece will be most likely missing Mitroglu, who left injured the pitch, and this guy looks like the only threat up-front, as Samaras looks way too static and also plays simply too deep and far from the penalty area. Greece will wait for some mistake by Ivory Coast and will be heavily reliant on set pieces. Ivory Coast will obviously not take many risks, as well, as they will be happy with a draw. Under 2.5 @ 1.79 (Pinnacle)

Re: Group C: Greece vs Ivory Coast > Tues 24th June Well after following Greece in qualifiers and friendlies, I have no difficulty stating they are one of the least attractive teams in WC (apart from Honduras, but they would probably take a point from Greece). Their anti-football is almost legendary, and against Ivory Coast, I dont think they have any chance of causing an upset. Their style of play is obviously focused on 0:0 games, with next to zero attacking prowess (with all due respect to aging Samaras who usually chokes the ball and inert Salpingidis, our of form Mitroglou who will likely start from the bench strikes me as the only player capable of adding some spice to Greek attack) They cant really offer a good game. Their main "danger" if we can call it that anyway, lies in set pieces, which I think Ivory Coast will dominate both ways. Even if IC could settle for a draw, I highly doubt they would start the match with a draw in mind. My bets for this match lie as follows: Ivory coast to win @ 2.00 (bet365) 6/10 Ivory Coast to win to nil @ 3.00 (bet365) 3/10

Re: Group C: Greece vs Ivory Coast > Tues 24th June Could well be a tight start, and Greece are ultra-defensive. But if they aren't winning, or are losing, even Greece will surely attack in the second half when they know they have to win to stand a chance of qualifying. I could imagine a 1-0 or 2-0 to either side, or I could imagine a tight start, and a final score of say 3-1 with a lot of late goals. Hard to predict pre-match though.

Re: Group C: Greece vs Ivory Coast > Tues 24th June Gervinho to score first 7/1 paddy power To score anytime 23/10 paddy power Second half with most goals ?evens paddy power he has been there star player in this world cup and i feel he will do something tonight as he has scored in the last two games also i feel that it will be a tight first half with second half being more entetaining

Re: Group C: Greece vs Ivory Coast > Tues 24th June Putting some faith in Ivory coast here... Going on Ivory Coast to win Then also putting a bit on... Draw/Ivory coast Ivory Coast to win to nil At the same time, I'm going for under 3 goals here.

Re: Group C: Greece vs Ivory Coast > Tues 24th June Wow IC, just wow. I am so glad I had a tiny cover bet on Greece 1-0 and Greece 2-0, just in case..... Though I am assuming we'll get 2-1. But Greece aren't too bad in defence (in general), so I wonder if they can park the bus here successfully.

Re: Group C: Greece vs Ivory Coast > Tues 24th June LOL talk about right choices. Apparently greece starts to play when i back the opposition. 2 bets lost, thankfuly i backed overs in play after first half so the penalty brought my loss to acceptable 5 units.. Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk

Re: Group C: Greece vs Ivory Coast > Tues 24th June

Under 2.5 @ 1.79 (Pinnacle)
Bet lost in a very sore way - a goal from penalty in the last minute of extra time. Nevertheless, to be the fair, the game was much more open than I expected, and surprisingly, this was due to Greece which played much more courageous and positive football than usual. Overall, Greece deserved to win and probably the "over" was deserved here, as many chances were missed (mainly by Greeks, who hit the post on three occasions). Ivory Coast showed the old weakness of African teams - any lack of tactical maturity and discipline. Despite having much superior players, they looked inferior as a team. World Cup 2014 Stats: 18 Bets, 12 Wins, 6 Losses, 1 Void + 6.05 Units (1 Unit per bet)