** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group D - Italy v Costa Rica - Friday June 20th

Re: Group D - Italy v Costa Rica - Friday June 20th Costa Rica are actually decent, you can see there players are technically fairly good, there defending is dodgy but they look pretty good at attacking and keep possession well, haven't heard of half of there players, CONCACAF must be alot stronger than we all thought, i thought they were going to be the whipping boys in group D but have obviously underrated them massively.

Re: Group D - Italy v Costa Rica - Friday June 20th

That statistical analysis is valid also for next matches in case Italy do not win with 1-0 or 2-0. Today matches are all candidates for those scores (France, Ecuador - maybe there also cover 1-1).
As stands right now my projections of 1-0 or 2-0 could be correct but on wrong side!! But when statistics based on scored goals predicts number of goals, it don't care about winning side.

How about offside betting in this game? I have a feeling that Italy will be the attacking team in this game and as this group looks like it might go to a goal different mode on who will and who wont take the step to the next round, a attack play is a must. Checking some stats on offsides with this two teams Italy is a winner when it comes to running in offsides Offside stats from last three (taken from Soccerway.com where they had stats) England - Italy 0-7 Fluminense - Italy 0-4 Italy - Luxembourg 5-0 Uruguay - Costa Rica 5-2 Costa Rica - Japan 7-3 Costa Rica - Paraguay 0-1 Betsson had a good odds on over/under offsides in this game but have dropped down so checking other bookies to see if i can find anything good enought to bet. Maybe offside HCP on Italy?
Italy - Costa Rica 11-3

Re: Group D - Italy v Costa Rica - Friday June 20th What to say.. completely wrong my prediction. Before the start of this WC i was saying Italy to crash on Group stage.The first match and media has influenced me too much and i am stupid for that. Do not really know what to expect now from this squad, France for example it is more strong than us in midfield and also forward. Germany also is on anotherplanet i suppose. Italy seeems ompletely unmotivated and this match smells fishy to me.. but i am very probwrong

Do you play for Italy abyss? They were doing it that often that it looked deliberate lol
Yeah but a injury did stop me from game today :) They are like England. England is corner game (http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/151153-Group-D-Uruguay-v-England-gt-Thursday-June-19th?p=2439373#post2439373) and Italy is offside game

5pts Both teams to score @ 2.00 Bet365 At work so haven't had much time to look into this match till about 5 minutes ago. The one thing that stands out to me is both teams to score. Italy have conceded in 9 out of their last 10 played games. 7 out of those 10 games have seen both teams score. The last 4 games in a row for Costa Rica have seen both teams score and in those 4 games they have scored 7 goals themselves. As a result I fancy both teams to find the back of the net today with medium-ish stakes.
Not even close to coming in, Italy looked poor and I fear for them vs Uruguay. And god how I wished I got on the offside handicap. Well played Abyss! :clap -5pts

Re: Group D - Italy v Costa Rica - Friday June 20th Instead of slating Italy, I think we need to applaud Costa Rica and give them the credit they deserve. Beat Uruguay 3-1, and beat Italy, that was no fluke. Just shows that individuals don't make a team.

Re: Group D - Italy v Costa Rica - Friday June 20th People saying Italy looked unmotivated. For me, I think the heat had a lot to do with that. The pre-match temperature stated by the commentators was very hot and humid. Costa Ricans must deal with it better. Italy made the worst logistical choices in this WC. The team decided to situate itself on the coast and between its 3 group matches will travel a greater distance than most of the other 32 teams. Also not every team this WC has had to play in very hot weather but Italy was unfortunate enough to play in that area. We'll see how it affects them against Uruguay. I think the Italians fear Suarez. Balotelli is not prolific enough, and Cavani was once the beast of Serie A :\ Bqm9ceHCQAID0Ox.jpg

Re: Group D - Italy v Costa Rica - Friday June 20th The thing i cannot understand is why you lose withouth fighting. These "players" earn a big amount of money and should run like hell on the field ;instead they were being ridiculised, with all respect, by a team that has no history at all. If you earn ot of money i also intend that this player has a better athletic index rating; i mean the value of a player has to be given by a lot of parameters (strenght, pace, running, resistance). Italy after the match against England, was celebrating on how they were so phissically better than english men, so where it was this wonderful preparation that also Perdelli has claimed after the win against England?? Suddenly disappear? Heat and humidity is a factor for every single man, and Costa ricans players are most of them engaged in Belgian Danish and North Europa Championship, so during the year they NEVER play in that conditions, just like italians.... Prandelli has played with a 4-5-1 system against Costa Rica, I would like to see this Italy team being destroyed by Argentina or Germany, where he will try probably with a 7-2-1 system ahahahahha. And, Thiago Motta replacing Verratti (Killing dinamicity on midfield) and Darmian on the left side Abate on the other was another big mistake by this CT. Immobile, top goalscorer of Serie A and Dortmund new striker (!) left on the bench for the Whole match is a "bestemmia". I would like Uruguay to rape this team; com'on Pistolero send us home!!!