Announcements
*** York Ebor Competition: Well done to 1st daveg, 2nd glavintobuy & 3rd Donnyflyer ***
** September Poker League Result : =1st muttley & juanmoment, 3rd McG **
** September Naps Competition Result: 1st Mick33, 2nd BBBC, 3rd Rainbow, 4th Tipsterix. KO Cup Winner: CS333, Most Winners: Alastair **

Group C - Japan v Greece - Thursday June 19th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Japan v Greece (23:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.95 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group C - Japan v Greece - Thursday June 19th Seriously think Japan will win here. Players will have to quickly bounce back and their style fits really well against defensive formations. Greece wasn't that surprising against Colombia, they seem to lack a lot of creativity. Will give a further preview some hours before the match.

Re: Group C - Japan v Greece - Thursday June 19th 4pts Over 2.5 goals 23/20 Coral I know games involving Greece don’t traditionally provide lots of goals but I think this one might. The first goal here is crucial and if it comes early the side who concedes it will have to open up and go on the attack because losing here isn’t an option for either team. Japan don’t really do defending but they attack in numbers and with pace, similar to Columbia so I expect over 2.5 goals here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/japan-vs-greece-betting-greece-could-be-involved-in-a-rare-goalfest

Re: Group C - Japan v Greece - Thursday June 19th I have to agree with Kev here. It is generally hard to bet goals when Greece is involved, but i believe this match will have very different complexion. Draw is simply suicidal for the Greeks as they have very bad goal difference. Japan might be a little more content with a draw, as they play Colombia which won 99% the 1st place in the group and might put on many substitutes, but I don't think it is in the mentality of the Japanese to play for a draw. Greece defense is too old and slow and might suffer a lot against a very mobile Japanese teams which showed some tremendous ball control and passing skills in the friendlies and in the 1st half against Ivory Coast. On the other hand, the Japanese were simply overwhelmed physically by Ivory Coast and I believe Greece will also have huge advantage in this respect. Japanese defense is also not very good and hopefully the Portuguese coach of Greece will not field the old Gekas but will use the sharp young star Mitroglu. Over 2.5 @ 2.10 (Marathon)

Re: Group C - Japan v Greece - Thursday June 19th 1pt Japan to win & both teams to score @ 4.50 boylesports Both teams have scored in the last 6 out of 7 games for Japan. Those 6 games also ended with over 2.5 goals in them. Japan also won their last 5 games prior to the world cup before losing to Ivory coast in the first game of the tournament. In comparison, Greece lost 3-0 to Colombia in their opening game and prior to the world cup won 1, drew 3 and lost 1 game. This game should be tight, and I fancy Japan who had good form leading into the tournament to win this by the odd goal. I'm opting for the much higher odds in the btts and win market because I think it stands a decent chance to come in.

Re: Group C - Japan v Greece - Thursday June 19th Japan Over 1.5 @ 2.30 (Unibet) for a 0.4 stake Okubo TSA @ 5.2 (betfair) for a 0.3 stake Can't see this one as a cagey match. Japan and Greece have nothing to lose and I expect an attacking approach from Japan and a much less defensive Greek side. Greece with Fetftazidis and Mitroglou on starting line-up, while Zac dropped Kagawa after a row of awful exhibition on the XI and with Okubo starting. With Ivory Coast losing, both teams know they have to win, especially Japan which only needs to win by two to recover the GD deficit. Greeks would be content with a draw, but can't see them not fighting to win. Japan Over 1.5 was 2.45 2 hours ago, and I believe they will play what they know today. Most of the people were surprised by how bad Japan were. I was surprised that Japan couldn't even play 50% of what they can. Today, they will. Greece will as well, so that's why I think betting on MO here is a dang suicide. But betting on goals is correct. Japan really know how to attack, and if they are in a "yes" day, could really happen. Okubo is starting and TSA @ 5.2 on betfair is just too big not to punt! Terrific player on a terrific form, we will surely want to dedicate a goal in the WC to his deceased father...check the link for more info :) http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0001276599

Re: Group C - Japan v Greece - Thursday June 19th

Over 2.5 @ 2.10 (Marathon)
Lol!!! So far away from the truth - I bet that if this game was played ten times in a row, it would have finished with ten "under 2.5"s and probably at least 8 "under 1.5"s. I can't believe I have been so delusional to bet on goals in Greece's game, thinking that they will open up, because they need to win. They played with all men in their half all the match - even before the sending off, Greece had parked two buses in front of their goal. Probably somebody have fooled them that "0:0" gives 3 points...

Re: Group C - Japan v Greece - Thursday June 19th I was quite impressed with both sides in the first half - they both looked hungry to score. In the second though, it was much more defensive and neither side really went for it. In a way, 0-0 was a fair reflection of the game, but still strange because either side could have won, and 3 points would have given them a much better chance of qualifying. It turned into one of those games you sometimes see when both teams really need the win, but they end up cancelling each other out and taking one point each instead of three.