Announcements
*** York Ebor Competition: Well done to 1st daveg, 2nd glavintobuy & 3rd Donnyflyer ***
** September Poker League Result : =1st muttley & juanmoment, 3rd McG **
** September Naps Competition Result: 1st Mick33, 2nd BBBC, 3rd Rainbow, 4th Tipsterix. KO Cup Winner: CS333, Most Winners: Alastair **

Group A - Brazil v Mexico > Tuesday June 17th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Brazil v Mexico (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]12[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group A - Brazil v Mexico > Tuesday June 17th Bet: Mexico to score @ 2 (3/10) I see value here. Brazil has problems in the defense when they have to defend quite high due to their opponent playing rather defensively. They are too far away from the opponents and individual mistakes are also good possible like already seen in the first match. Mexico on the other side has a good mix of fast players in the offense as well as danger after high balls and corners. A good mix to put pressure on Brazil once they are getting room. Firstly thought about the +1.5 line. But that line would only be more efficient with a 1-0 result of Brazil. Something I do not see more likely than a 3-1 or similar high results. So this bet is exactly right for me here.

Re: Group A - Brazil v Mexico > Tuesday June 17th 4pts Both teams to score 11/10 Boylesports I liked the look of both these sides when they went forward in their opening match and I think they’ll both attack with plenty of quality in this one too. Brazil have lots of pace in forward areas whereas Mexico rely on moving the ball quickly but we saw Croatia get at this Brazil defence so I’m sure Mexico can so the odds against on both sides scoring appeals in this one too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/brazil-vs-mexico-betting-confident-sides-can-both-find-the-net

Re: Group A - Brazil v Mexico > Tuesday June 17th Two bets for me: A sending off in the match @ 3/1 with William Hill Cüneyt Çak?r likes to control the game using cards. An alternative bet that I quite liked was over 4.5 cards at around 1.9-2.0 with most bookies. But I'll go for the bigger odds and back there to be a sending off. I expect the match to be a little bit tasty. The atmosphere will be immense and both sides know a win essentially sees them through to the knockout round. The sending off bet would have paid out in Cakir's last two competitive International games (European World Cup qualifiers). He also dished out a red at the European Championships in 2012 between Italy and Ireland. Oscar to win FIFA Man of the Match @ 4/1 with BetFred He was the best player on the pitch in the game against Croatia. Neymar won the Man of the Match for his two goals, but I feel Oscar is decent value here at 4/1. The obvious danger to this bet is Neymar but Oscar can get in among the goals as he showed in the last game and could also provide one or two assists tonight.

Re: Group A - Brazil v Mexico > Tuesday June 17th According to soccerway, in the last five Brazil v Mexico games, Brazil have had the following number of yellow cards: 2, 2, 2, 3, 3 Odds for Brazil yellow cards seem reasonable value: Total Brazil yellow cards Over 1.5 1.87 bwin Stake: 5 points

Re: Group A - Brazil v Mexico > Tuesday June 17th One of the bets that i found intressting is Neymar to be booked @ 3.75 (Betsson) Reason: Neymar got yellow card in the game against Croatia, that means if he get another one he wont be able to play the next game. My thoughts: Brazil will win there group and qualify to the next round and I guess that its more important for Neymar to play that game then the game against Cameroon so I think that he will, if Brazil is in the lead, take a tactical yellow card to miss Cameroon and play in the next round instead and when Betsson gives as high as 3.75 its a grabber for me. Edit: Drop to 3.70 now

Re: Group A - Brazil v Mexico > Tuesday June 17th

One of the bets that i found intressting is Neymar to be booked @ 3.75 (Betsson) Reason: Neymar got yellow card in the game against Croatia, that means if he get another one he wont be able to play the next game. My thoughts: Brazil will win there group and qualify to the next round and I guess that its more important for Neymar to play that game then the game against Cameroon so I think that he will, if Brazil is in the lead, take a tactical yellow card to miss Cameroon and play in the next round instead and when Betsson gives as high as 3.75 its a grabber for me. Edit: Drop to 3.70 now
Correct me if I'm wrong but after the group stages cards get wiped out. Which gives him incentive to AVOID a yellow card rather than take one.

Re: Group A - Brazil v Mexico > Tuesday June 17th They will be wiped out but IF he get booked against Cameroon he will miss the game after. He have two ways: Play it nice against Mexico and Cameroon and not get booked to get his first card, against Croatia, removed or take no chances and play "ugly" against Mexico to miss Cameroon only.

They will be wiped out but IF he get booked against Cameroon he will miss the game after. He have two ways: Play it nice against Mexico and Cameroon and not get booked to get his first card, against Croatia, removed or take no chances and play "ugly" against Mexico to miss Cameroon only.
Thanks for the clarification. If he doesn't get any yellow cards he doesn't miss any games though but I see your point, this is a fairly important game so the manager will really want all 3 points here. He may even rest Neymar in the Cameroon game anyway, since they will be pretty much already qualified so getting a yellow card wouldn't be too damaging as long as they win.

Re: Group A - Brazil v Mexico > Tuesday June 17th Ain't going to watch the game, and I didn't have enough time to detail a good preview. Although, I like two anytime goalscorer chances. First one is Gio dos Santos @ 7.00. He looked great against Cameroon, had two wrongly disallowed goals and was also performing really well on friendlies. Yet, Peralta still higher odds than him. I don't get it. I expect Mexico to try some long range efforts during the game and with Marcelo and Dani Alves overlapping, he will surely have the time and space to perform something here. Other one is Thiago Silva @ 10.50. Mexico seemed a bit vulnerable on set pieces in both friendlies and against Cameroon, and Brazil usually get some corners. Thiago Silva is a real threat in the air, and I like those odds. Low stake though. Maybe 0.15 on Gio and 0.1 on Thiago Silva.

I like two anytime goalscorer chances. First one is Gio dos Santos @ 7.00. He looked great against Cameroon' date= had two wrongly disallowed goals and was also performing really well on friendlies
I thought he looked very good against Cameroon. If Brazil defend poorly then he is likely to get chances.

Re: Group A - Brazil v Mexico > Tuesday June 17th "Players receive a one match ban if they pick up a single yellow card in two different games from the beginning of the group stage until the end of the quarterfinal matches, at which point single yellow cards will be deleted" So the yellow card will carry into the last 16 match. Neymar definitely will have some motivation to get a yellow card here then. Especially if Brazil are winning comfortably. Taking off his shirt after scoring in the 2nd half would be a perfect way to do it.

Re: Group A - Brazil v Mexico > Tuesday June 17th 4pts Brazil to win & Over 2.5 goals @ 2.00 Bet365 Mexico have met with Brazil 5 times in the last 3 years. They have had 2,2,3,4,2 goals in them. They genuinely seem to be somewhat high scoring games. Brazil's defence looked somewhat sloppy in their first game and Mexico do have the attacking threat up front to score a goal of their own as well. I cannot back Brazil at the low odds they are at. But with the players both sides have and all but 2 games being under 2.5 goals in this world cup thus far, I fancy a high scoring win for the home favourites Brazil.

"Players receive a one match ban if they pick up a single yellow card in two different games from the beginning of the group stage until the end of the quarterfinal matches, at which point single yellow cards will be deleted" So the yellow card will carry into the last 16 match. Neymar definitely will have some motivation to get a yellow card here then. Especially if Brazil are winning comfortably. Taking off his shirt after scoring in the 2nd half would be a perfect way to do it.
Thanks for adding more info to my thoughts. The odds have dropped down to 3.00 now at Betsson. Now hope Neymar also have the same thoughts and take a tactical yellow then, either removing his shirt or dancing Macarena in the nude...well maybe the last one gives red card :)

Re: Group A - Brazil v Mexico > Tuesday June 17th Brazil didn't play well against Croatia but still passed their first and very important test (with the help of the ref). However, tonight I think Brazil will put on a much more convincing performance. First of all, the pressure upon them will be much less, compared with the opening game. In general, Brazilians play very well against American teams in World Cups (except for the rivals Argentina). Brazil suffered against Croatia and Serbia, which both have very technical midfielders who can keep the ball well and at many moments can outperform technically the Brazilian midfield. Thus, the deep and fierce pressure of Brazil (at least against Croatia) was managed by the opposition which frustrated Brazilians and disrupted their tempo. As I mentioned before Cameroon - Mexico, Mexico's weakest link is the midfield. It comprises more limited and defensive players with less ability to control and distribute the ball. Which means that Mexico might lose the ball much more easily than Croatia when being pressed up by the Brazilians, which could result in intense attacking pressure by the home team and keeping the ball for longer periods in dangerous zones before the Mexican goal. Brazil -1.25 @ 1.90 (bet365)

Re: Group A - Brazil v Mexico > Tuesday June 17th Said it after the Croatia game, and only more confident now. Brazil have no chance of winning this World Cup, they are shocking. Outplayed by Mexico, and the ref gave them the win against Croatia.

Said it after the Croatia game, and only more confident now. Brazil have no chance of winning this World Cup, they are shocking. Outplayed by Mexico, and the ref gave them the win against Croatia.
I agree, they were terrible.

According to soccerway, in the last five Brazil v Mexico games, Brazil have had the following number of yellow cards: 2, 2, 2, 3, 3 Odds for Brazil yellow cards seem reasonable value: Total Brazil yellow cards Over 1.5 1.87 bwin Stake: 5 points
Final total: Brazil: 2 yellow cards Bet won :ok Stake: 5 points Return: 9.35 points I was a bit nervous watching the game hoping for cards - they're not something I normally bet on. I thought the ref was good and pretty fair. In the first half he seemed to let quite a lot go before giving one card just before half time. Then he gave two early in the second half, but the challenges didn't seem any worse than in the first half, and then one more near the end to make it two for each team. I do know that Brazil commit quite a lot of uncompromising fouls and pick up bookings, so I thought this bet looked like possible value.

Re: Group A - Brazil v Mexico > Tuesday June 17th The only positive I can see for Brazil at the moment is that as a potential winner, you don't want to be peaking too early in a tournament and playing your best football in the group stage. But as it stands there is no danger of Brazil peaking!

Brazil -1.25 @ 1.90 (bet365)
Poor choice and my first loss on the Mondial. Brazil dominated and Ochoa made some amazing saves, but overall Mexico deserved the draw with better team-play and more movement off-the-ball. Even a win for the Mexicans wouldn't have been shocking. Brazil seemed to me to lack leadership and they also seemed content with the draw as it guarantees passing the group and earning first place. World Cup 2014 Stats: 6Bets, 6 Wins, 1 Losses, 1 Void + 5.51 Units (1 Unit per bet)