Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
Aidymac

Ante-Post > Championship 2014/15 Winner

chart_off.gif Derby County

chart_off.gif Fulham

6312.gif

chart_off.gif Cardiff City

chart_off.gif Norwich City

chart_off.gif Wigan Athletic

chart_off.gif Brighton & Hove Albion

chart_off.gif Reading

chart_off.gif Blackburn Rovers

chart_off.gif Nottingham Forest

chart_off.gif Wolverhampton Wanderers

6312.gif

chart_off.gif AFC Bournemouth

chart_off.gif Bolton Wanderers

chart_off.gif Ipswich Town

chart_off.gif Middlesbrough

chart_off.gif Watford

chart_off.gif Leeds United

chart_off.gif Brentford

chart_off.gif Birmingham City

chart_off.gif Charlton Athletic

chart_off.gif Huddersfield Town

chart_off.gif Rotherham United

chart_off.gif Sheffield Wednesday

chart_off.gif Millwall

chart_off.gif Blackpool

Re: Ante-Post > Championship 2014/15 Winner Bournemouth To Win the League @ 34.00 Betfair (1 Point) To Be Promoted @ 9.00 Bet365 (1 Point) The championship is looking as tight as ever this season and there really are a good number of sides who you could make a case for in the title and promotion markets. The one who I think offers the best value and who are perhaps been over looked though are Bournemouth. The Cherries had a fairly decent season last year after coming up from league one and I think they can push on and make a real challenge this season. As usual, the three relegated sides are up at the top of the market with Cardiff favourites at around 7/1. They all will have a chance but with the star players leaving its not always an easy ride. Out of the relegated sides I probably do like Cardiff best but the price is too short for my liking. Sloskjaer is yet to fully prove himself and with the likes of Marshall, Caulker, Medel and Campbell likely to go they've got key players down the spine of the team who need replacing which isn't an easy job. I can see why they are favourites though but I'd prefer to take my chances on a better priced team in what is likely to be a very tight contest. Of last seasons sides Derby look the pick of the bunch and I'm pretty sure they will be there or thereabouts. there's not any value on them though and despite scoring lots of goals I think they are possibly lacking a top class striker. The team that stood out to me though we're Bounemouth. In Eddie Howe I think they've got a top class manager. If any of the outsiders are going 'to do a Burnley' and be the surprise package of the league, this is the team I fancy. Arguably it was Eddie Howe who actually set the foundations at Burnley and Dyche came in and did a brilliant job taking over. Transfer wise I think they've made a few shrewd signings so far with possibly more to come. Junior Stanislas comes in after being a regular for promotion winning Burnley last year and actually rejected a new contract there to stay in the championship and work with Howe again. Dan Gosling will add a bit of Steele in the middle and does have a bit of quality too. He's someone who hasnt quite lived up to his potential and has a bit to prove and I think Howe and Bournemouth could be the right place for him to do it. Up front they have added Callum Wilson from Coventry who bagged over 20 goals last season averaging 1 in 2. The lad has certainly got potential and will be looking to prove he can do it in the championship. Outgoings wise they have lost Lewis Grabban to Norwich but with Kermogant and Rantie already in place I think they look very healthy up front and will cause some real problems. Its a tough market to get right because it's such a competitive league. But after finishing 10th last season, I really think the cherries can push on under a very good manager. They've made some good additions and they stand out as the value pick to me. I am also taking one other side to win the league... Initially I was looking at Watford but there price has come in too much and I no longer fancy them at the odds. Vydra is going back there on a season loan and if they manage to keep hold of Deeny they will be real contenders. They had a brilliant partnership when together 2 seasons ago. There is plenty of interest in Deeney though so it remains to be seen if he will still be there come September. So on to the other team who I think represent a bit of value... Nottm Forest to win the league @ 19.00 Stan James (1 Point) it will be interesting to see how Stuart Pearce gets on at his boyhood club. I can see it going one of two ways with him either being a roaring success or a real flop. But they have a got a strong squad with more additions promised to follow. They've added Michael Mancienne to the defence and whilst I'm not his biggest fan he's a reasonable addition for a championship side. They've also added a young centre half from Barcelona who has captained them at every youth level. My club Stoke signed a similar type player from them last season in Marc Muniesa who is turning out to be a very good player. If Riera turns out to be of a similar standard he could be a very good addition indeed. Up front they've added a proven championship striker in Matty Fryatt and they've taken a gamble on a striker who was top scorer in the Dutch second tier last season. They could do with strengthening a bit in midfield but the chairman has said that there will be more coming and I think Pearce is going to be taking over a side which is much stronger than they were last season in what was already a fairly decent squad. Its a bit of a gamble but I think they represent a decent price and have a strong enough squad to compete with the market favourites.

Re: Ante-Post > Championship 2014/15 Winner Division preview: 2pts ew Derby to win Championship 8/1 Betfred (1/4 1-3) Derby suffered the ultimate heartbreak last season when they lost in the playoff final, a final they dominated from start to finish before a horrible late sucker punch. If they have no lasting effects from that loss they look the side to beat to me. They have a wonderfully talented young squad who should all improve again and even though Patrick Bamford isn’t around anymore they still have the firepower to go up. Had Steve McClaren had all season last year Derby may well have gone up but they can use his contacts and credentials to make up for that this season. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/championship-betting-derby-can-rebound-from-disappointment-with-the-title

Re: Ante-Post > Championship 2014/15 Winner Top scorer preview: 1pt ew F.Macheda Top Goalscorer 28/1 Coral (1/4 1-4) In this sort of market I always look for the value and one man who could well be that is Cardiff’s new signing Federico Macheda. Macheda broke into the Man Utd side as the next great thing a few years ago when he was coached through the levels by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer who will be managing him here so he has the man who gets the best out of him in charge of him. It never really worked out for Macheda at United but he went on loan to Birmingham last season and scored 10 goals in 18 games in a struggling side and whenever he did play for United he got into good positions. Given that he is coached by the man who gets his best out of him Macheda looks a very big price at 28/1. 0.5pt ew A.Gray Top Goalscorer 66/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 1-4) As a Luton fan I can’t avoid having the smallest of punts on Andre Gray in this division at 66/1. He is unknown at this level but he scored better than a goal every other game for Luton albeit in the Conference but in among better players he should get more chances and one thing he knows is where the goal is. Brentford made a big investment to take him and he’ll be keen to deliver. Gray has ambitions to go all the way and a stack of goals for a side who should go ok this season would help him get there. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/championship-betting-federico-macheda-can-enjoy-life-under-solskjaer-again

Re: Ante-Post > Championship 2014/15 Winner For me it's the obvious 2 in Derby and Wigan. I suspect Wigan will come in second or via the play off due to the size of their squad, but Derby is the best bet. Blackburn could come good this season. They have enough about them to go up. If not for their inconsistency they might have done so already. I believe their indifferent form is down to a "we're a big club" mentality which gives them a false sense of superiority. They turn up to a ground and think they've already won. They can't comprehend why they're a goal down at half time. If Gary Bowyer can sort this out they'll go up.

Re: Ante-Post > Championship 2014/15 Winner I went for Cardiff at 10/1.I think they have excellent choices up front with the signings of Le Fondre,Guerra and Macheda plus already have Jones,the midfielders they have such as Whittingham are proven performers at that level as is Hudson defensively.Since I did my bet also signed Morrison from Reading who is a great buy.If Solksjaer can work out his best team I think 10s was a great price.Was choosing between them and Forest and Forest look to have a very good side now and a great striker in Asombolonga.

Re: Ante-Post > Championship 2014/15 Winner

19.00 looking a huge price for Nottingham Forest. You will be lucky to get half that now. All the ingredients are right at City Ground at the moment imo and look a great bet :-)
I agree Steve.I did Cardiff at 10s early doors and looked at Forest but wasn't taken by their striking options.Now with Fryatt and Asombolonga they look a totally different prospect.Getting Darlow and Lascelles back on loan was great business to.

I'm hoping for the annual post Xmas Forest capitulation!
Keep dreaming sunshine :nana Forest now down to 6/1 and a think this may be a little to low at this stage but i wouldn't bet against them. They rode their luck yesterday but still ground out a result which is always a good sign. 6/1 is too short though i'd i'd expect to trade on this.

Re: Ante-Post > Championship 2014/15 Winner Hi folks. Sorry if posted in the wrong place. This is long shot but here goes. If I placed an ante post bet on Chelsea, Derby, Preston and Aberdeen (without Celtic) to win their respective leagues before the season started does anyone know which bookmaker was offering the best combined odds? Or where I would find the historical odds? I would really appreciate the help and it is important as I'm looking for a bet I am sure has been placed. Thanks in advance, Raymie

Keep dreaming sunshine :nana Forest now down to 6/1 and a think this may be a little to low at this stage but i wouldn't bet against them. They rode their luck yesterday but still ground out a result which is always a good sign. 6/1 is too short though i'd i'd expect to trade on this.
Lol Mighty Norwich back where they belong. Another season in the Championship for Forest sunshine.:nana:rollin