** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

International Friendlies 1st June - 11th June

Re: International Friendlies 1st June - 11th June

How poor is this engeland side? If you can't beat honduras over 90 minutes than you have some serious problems to solve. Even half an hour against 10 men lol.. Really no clue who will advance in their group' date=' seems like a lottery to me.[/quote'] They are very poor and I think they won't advance from the group. In the midfield they look completely clueless (hopefully Roy will decide to play with Barkley, because he is in the only guy in the middle with some out-of-the-box thinking, otherwise England is so one-dimensional). Rooney is non-existent, while Sturridge and Wellback look more lively, but have very bad decision making in most of the cases. The fullbacks are poor, especially Glen Johnson - a complete liability and a waste of football.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies 1st June - 11th June Not sure where you guys are based but it is quite refreshing in England that there is a more realistic approach to how well we can do in the tournament. Usually we are hyped up to unrealistic levels by the media but I think there is a understanding that we are an average side who are unlikely to get further than the last 16. Glen Johnson looked awful yesterday and I wouldn't have Rooney anywhere near the team but both will certainly start. Rooney has totally lost whatever made him the player he was at the start of his career - rage? pace? desire? - whatever it is he will never become the player he could have been as his career is now on the downturn, how United can give him 300k a week, performing as he is, is beyond comprehension. I might even support us in this World Cup, normally we have so many players that are total wan*ers like Terry, Rooney and Cole it is very difficult to get behind anything they are a part of but these days we have a good base of honest pro's who care about the side and don't seem as obsessed as the previous generation with just lining their pockets. We are so bad at keeping the ball for long periods of time it is difficult to see how we can go too far in the competition. I think we will qualify for the last 16 with Italy though at the moment..might feel different this time next week though!

Re: International Friendlies 1st June - 11th June France vs Jamaica Second half with the most goals 11/10 paddy power the french are sometimes slow starters and their opponents have been playing quite well recently so maybe the second half will be more open with more chances for both teams Fluminense vs Italy Second half with the most goals 11/10 paddy power well italy are not very good in friendlies as in their previous game against luxembourg they struggled so expect them to be tight in the first half and to be more open in the second as they try and score and win the game

Re: International Friendlies 1st June - 11th June 15pts San Marino vs Albania - Both teams to score - No @ 1.44 Paddypower I'm going with a slightly more conservative approach and backing both teams not to score. There are two reasons for this, one, the odds on Albania to win to nil are not that much different as they have dropped and Albania have failed to score in 4 of the last 6 games they have played. And like HastGill has mentioned above, San Marino aren't a side that score a ton of goals. Albania defence should be more than capable of shutting out San Marino. The last time these teams met was in 2006 where Albania came out 3-0 winners.

Not sure where you guys are based but it is quite refreshing in England that there is a more realistic approach to how well we can do in the tournament. Usually we are hyped up to unrealistic levels by the media but I think there is a understanding that we are an average side who are unlikely to get further than the last 16. Glen Johnson looked awful yesterday and I wouldn't have Rooney anywhere near the team but both will certainly start. Rooney has totally lost whatever made him the player he was at the start of his career - rage? pace? desire? - whatever it is he will never become the player he could have been as his career is now on the downturn, how United can give him 300k a week, performing as he is, is beyond comprehension. I might even support us in this World Cup, normally we have so many players that are total wan*ers like Terry, Rooney and Cole it is very difficult to get behind anything they are a part of but these days we have a good base of honest pro's who care about the side and don't seem as obsessed as the previous generation with just lining their pockets. We are so bad at keeping the ball for long periods of time it is difficult to see how we can go too far in the competition. I think we will qualify for the last 16 with Italy though at the moment..might feel different this time next week though!
Actually I thought we looked good on the ball. I don't really know Barkley, Wilshere and Lallana that well, but I was impressed with them - we had a fluidity that I haven't seen before. The problem was that while we looked 'loose' in the positive creative sense in attack, we looked all too loose in the bad way in defence, and that could spell big problems against teams like Italy and Uruguay. I've always thought of Hodgson as a defensive manager, and it's almost as if he's suddenly become an attacking one - I think he needs to concentrate on shoring the defence up as much as possible. Maybe that will happen against Italy, because neither side will want to lose their first game. If we DO tighten up at the back, I could see us doing something with our attacking ability.

15pts San Marino vs Albania - Both teams to score - No @ 1.44 Paddypower I'm going with a slightly more conservative approach and backing both teams not to score. There are two reasons for this, one, the odds on Albania to win to nil are not that much different as they have dropped and Albania have failed to score in 4 of the last 6 games they have played. And like HastGill has mentioned above, San Marino aren't a side that score a ton of goals. Albania defence should be more than capable of shutting out San Marino. The last time these teams met was in 2006 where Albania came out 3-0 winners.
I think Betfair are also covering this market, just to let everyone know ...

Re: International Friendlies 1st June - 11th June Fluminense - Italy I don't see this as being a high scoring and high pace game. Fluminense are a team, known for their low-scoring and tight games in Brazilian Serie A, and tonight they will be without their key striker Fred. Italy, on the other hand, never had reputation of easily scoring or conceding, especially in friendlies. I expect a very low training tempo, whereas the ball will spend most of the time being passed around in each teams' own half. We have seen such attitudes in almost all "last" friendlies of the teams participating in the WC. No reason to believe it will be different tonight, especially given that Italy will give rest to some of its key players. None of the teams would risk injury or extra fatigue - Italy is just days before their debut game in Brazil and Fluminense are amidst a long and hard season in Serie A. Under 2 @ 2.42 (Marathon)

Lol' date=' what on earth happened with France? 8-0 seriously?? Did someone watch the game? All the jamaicans were stoned or what?[/quote'] I saw a little bit and France were just superb. If they were bit below top form it might have been a lot closer but France looked in no mood to ease off and in the end the game just ran away from Jamaica with France's attack clicking. I'm tempted to back France in the World Cup, as they looked good against Norway too, but I also remember they struggled against Paraguay (which ended 1-1).

Re: International Friendlies 1st June - 11th June Well, by the look of the Jamaican footballers they seem to smoke pot quite regularly, maybe they had trouble finding pot in Lille and that affected their game in a negative aspect. Given that some of the starters play in the amateur Jamaican league and France started at almost full strength, the result is not that surprising. All the hype surrounding the Jamaica team after their two good results is not justified, they were massively outplayed against Serbia and Egypt and were lucky to avoid a rout.

Lol' date=' what on earth happened with France? 8-0 seriously?? Did someone watch the game? All the jamaicans were stoned or what?[/quote'] france got two early goals and never let up they look to have a really good team spirit and may be better without ribery i can see why he left out nasri he's another who has an over inflated opinion of himself benzema played out wide and was brilliant cabaye was also superb playing in a more attcking role matuidi also very good scoring two cracking goals giroud looks out of place and a bit of a donkey it will be interesting to see if he starts or the impressive griezman who came on late and got two goals france look a decent each way bet at 25

Agree with those on Jamaica +2.0AH, I got on this morning for 1.98 with pinnacle but the price is down to 1.87 now, no doubt this is helped by the news that Ribery will surprisingly miss the tournament, big blow to the French. I'm keeping a close eye on San Marino v Albania, if the clean sheet odds go up to 1.5 for Albania I'll be having a play, not many have priced it up yet. Brazil are playing a first choice XI tonight, according to Scolari, and they should have enough to beat Serbia. Can't say I would have so much confidence on the CS bet though with Tadic, Markovic and Tosic in attacking midfield - a lot of talent there, Serbia aren't the kind of side who fall apart easily so I wouldn't expect a Brazil victory by more than two goals. I would much rather go for a CS for Spain Sunday night against El Salvador who have only played once since last July and in a poor run of form sitting about 65 in the world rankings, even though the odds are only 1.53 with coral it represents a better bet imo. Looks like a 2-0, 3-0 game to me with Spain likely to be putting out a near first choice side. Jamaica +2.0AH - 1.98 - pinnacle - 5 Points LOST (by a whisker..) Spain to Win to Nil - 1.53 - coral - 10 Points WIN
San Marino v Albania San Marino's woes are well documented on here by me and some others, they have scored in 3 of the last 45 games in all comps and you can make a good living simply betting on them not to score in any given game :lol..Albania are an improving side, most of the team play in good European leagues now and I was quite surprised at the potential strength of the side when I looked at their squad, there isn't a great deal of experience there however. Looking at their results they don't often lose by many so that is a positive, they don't win many especially away but this is a special case. I've probably gone a bit over the top considering Albania are no world beaters but 1.61 had to be taken, expect it will shrink during the day although there are others who have yet to price it up. Albania to Win to Nil - 1.61 - coral - 12.5 Points WIN
Spain were very comfortable throughout the game and certainly never looked like conceding although they struggled to make the breakthrough. Didn't see any of the Albania game but looking at the stats it was pretty comfortable and a fairly standard San Marino fixture. As for Jamaica, fuck me, don't think I've ever lost a handicap bet by 6 clear goals! :lol It's difficult to be too pissed off when it is so utterly comprehensive..

Re: International Friendlies 1st June - 11th June 4pts ROI/Draw double chance 23/20 Bet365 I don’t see the result being the big thing for Portugal in this match and should Ronaldo not play, and I can’t for the life of me see him playing, then we could see Portugal struggle a little bit against a well organised Ireland side but a side who now have a genuine threat at the other end in Robbie Keane. I like the idea of Ireland to take something from this one at a tidy price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/republic-of-ireland-vs-portugal-betting-portugal-may-not-get-the-win-they-desire

Re: International Friendlies 1st June - 11th June I agree with Kev,Portugal were poor against Mexico,especially the 2nd half where they were under immense pressure and would surely have lost but for poor finishing from the Mexicans.The only real chance they had on goal was the 93rd min set piece and a quality header which won the match.ROI Draw or win double chance Bet 365 13/8.

Re: International Friendlies 1st June - 11th June I expect another tight afair. Ireland does not score very easily only 3 goals in their last 5 games with two blanks and now also robbie keane left their squad to play for his club. Portugal was far from convincing or as dominant as they should be but they are good in keeping things tight at the back. A cleansheet against mexico is not that easy and also against Greece they defended well even without Pepe. I expect them to come out strong tonight but ofcourse with one eye on the WC opening game against Germany so won't expect them to go all out but they do have a lot more quality on the pitch then their opponent and a marginal win is likely for me especially in the second half. I think there will be few chances for both sides but Portugal to win to nil is the best bet for me also keeping a cleansheet is likely here. Ireland coach still testing new players for the future so I'm not expecting a oiled machine here. I will have 3 bets! Under 2.5 goals medium stakes! Portugal to win to nil medium stakes and Portugal to keep a cleansheet medium stakes. Decent cover if Portugal fails to score too and a 1 or 2-0 would be perfect. Goodluck.

Re: International Friendlies 1st June - 11th June Well, didn't went as expected to be honest. After the quick goal from Almeida Portugal was all over the place and won comfortable. 3-0 at HT killed all my hopes for the bets cause obviously Portugal took their foot off the gas in the second half and conceded a goal.. Anyways, it was exciting to watch! :-)