** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UFC 173

UFC

I know it's late, but here's my picks for tonight's UFC, all odds with Ladbrokes. Picked out all my fighters before the odds came up and disappointed to see how one sided the odds are for this card, had to do a bit more digging to pick out as best value picks as possible. Still not too great odds. Singles on the Lawler and Barao fight plus a treble of the three fighters to win pays roughly 1.31/1: Njokuani @ 2/5 - Njokuani really isn't a bad fighter and has some great octagon experience, I did like Vinc Pichel when he was on The Ultimate Fighter but I can't see him being good enough for the UFC and I'm sure a couple losses in a row will result in him getting dropped, I expect tonight to be the beginning of the end of Pichel's UFC career. Iaquinta @ 2/7 - Iaquinta just gets better and better, he has improved his takedown defense and ground game a huge amount since his submission loss to Chiesa in The Ultimate Fighter finale. Clarke will want this fight to go to the ground and I'm sure the longer this fight stays standing the less Clarke will believe he can take Iaquinta down and get this fight to the mat. Expect Iaquinta to win the exchanges on the feet and potentially get the KO, if not a reasonable comfortable decision victory for Iaquinta, upping his win streak to 4 in the UFC. Holdsworth @ 2/7 - Holdsworth impressed me during his time on The Ultimate Fighter and the fact he is part of Team Alpha Male only encourages me more. That team can't do much wrong at the moment and all their fighters look better and better every fight. Chico Camus can be pretty wild at times and I wouldn't be surprised to see Holdsworth submit Camus, if not a comfortable decision victory. Lawler/Ellenberger to not go the distance @ 8/11 - Lawler and Ellenberger almost never go the distance, and if Lawler is anywhere near as good as he was in the Hendricks fight he shouldn't have too many problems overpowering Ellenberger and getting the knockout victory. Barao/Dillashaw to not go the distance @1/2 - Barao is an absolute machine and is beginning to shine in the UFC, he is becoming a legit finisher these days, having finished his last 3 fights. As much as I like Dillashaw I just think this title fight is too soon for him. He is looking 10 times better every fight but I just can't see him coping with Barao and expect a finish for Barao in rounds 3-5. These odds are actually the same as Barao to win inside the distance, so if Dillashaw shocks the world and finishes Barao this bet still wins and no lesser odds!

Re: UFC 173 Bit disappointed with the two losses, however ended 3-2 for the night and ended up with a profit on the last two fights. Dillashaw absolutely stuns the world and beats Barao who was 1/8 favourite at the very best, he completely dominated every round and got the TKO finish in the 5th. Iaquinta had the fight where he wanted and was absolutely dominating only to slip up and get caught in a choke whilst on top. Njokuani nearly couldn't continue after a really bad eye poke, also received a hard low blow minutes later, really didn't help his chances in that fight, especially when Pichel only got a warning both times!

Re: UFC 173 This was the worst value card for betting in a while, I doubled up Krause a d ellenberger, I'd have never thought tj would have done that, I think the near knock out in round one kinda finished bareo. I'm def going to put good money on Cormier when he gets his hands on jones

• 4 weeks later...

Re: UFC 173 Agree with Cormier beating Jones. Odds will dictate if i get involved mind. Can see a Ko as he hits hard for the division. Saying that would not rule out Gus against Jones in the rematch. Slightly favour Jones still but not alot in it going by the last fight.