** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

BBOTD Sunday 25th May

Re: BBOTD Sunday 25th May Curragh 3.55 - Al Thakira 9/1 William Hill BOG I think this is a bit of a weak race in truth with almost half of them so far not achieving an RPR of over 100. With that in mind it might not take an awful amount of winning and Al Thakira's Newmarket G2 win is probably the best form on offer so far on a softer surface. Since then she has flopped on firm ground in America, gone close at Newbury in the Fred Darling before flopping again in France where being held up in a slow and messy race whilst also being hampered as the race got going at the 2f pole. I get the feeling that these conditions will be ideal with a galloping track, softer ground and what will probably be a decent enough draw. Hughesy is also on board this one and again he appeals as the right jockey to get the best out of this filly.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 25th May Curragh 3:55 I might be a tad sentimental here betting on my buddy Chris Hayes, but I think Avenue Gabriel has a decent shout in this competitive Group 1. The 3 year old filly is still lightly raced and had a nice comeback run last time out at Leopardstown when 3rd behind Bracelet. She loves the Curragh, she has won twice here already which included a Listed win here. Of course, she has to step up on that form quite a bit to win this Group 1, but the yard think a lot of her and she has conditions in her favour. Hopefully she has progressed. Avenue Gabriel WIN @ 20/1 Bet Victor

Re: BBOTD Sunday 25th May 2:15 Curragh – Ballyorban (33/1 Bet365) 1pt Win Ballyorban comes with a huge amount of risk attached but I have a sneaking feeling he could be capable of popping up at a massive price here. One thing that is certain is that he is very attractively handicapped on the best of his form as he is now 1lb below the mark he won off at Cork at the start of last season, the other thing that is quite clear is that he handles testing ground as his two career wins came on soft and heavy respectively. On the not so positive side, he has not shown the kind of form needed to win a race of this nature for quite a while, last season there was a lot more bad than good after that aforementioned win at Cork on his debut and he was never at the races on his first start this season. Mixed in with his generally poor performances last season were two decent runs when only beaten a couple of lengths off higher marks than tomorrow and I think his first start this year was just too bad to be true and I can overlook it for now. If you go back to his juvenile days he has a couple of close seconds to some smart Ballydoyle horses, one of which, Snow Queen went on to be Group class, so I think he definitely does have a good level of ability but whether he can run to the height of that ability seems to be another matter entirely. I quite like the fact that he drops back to 6 furlongs as he has only run over the distance twice, leading to a win and a second place finish, and you definitely want one who can stay beyond the distance for these kind of races at the Curragh and he fits the bill having won and placed at 7 furlongs. He could well finish last and never be sighted but I think there is a possibility that we could see a much improved performance from my selection tomorrow and if he does turn up in the mood to run he is handicapped to go very close indeed.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 25th May 2.15 Curragh: Srucahan, 14/1 >Paddy Power, e/w Srucahan finished 7th in a Listed race lto over 5f which is a bit short for him and on good ground which doesn't suit. The step back up in trip to 6f and the soft/heavy ground will see him be a lot more competitive today. Before that race, he won a 20-runner handicap over c&d off top weight. He was held up and came with a great late run to win by ½L. He is just five pounds higher today and he should run a big race. Trainer Paul Deegan is in decent form. Richard Hughes takes over in the saddle which is a big plus given this horses usual hold up tactics.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 25th May 2.15 Curragh - More Questions 1pt win @ 16/1 BetFred I noted this horse when he won last time out as he got the better of my selection Seanie at Navan. More Questions picked up in real style that day and looked like a sprinter against plodders when going past the field in the final furlong. I didn't think he would be hit with such a big rise in the weights but he is up 13lbs for that win, which is a worry. He did beat good horses but thats a big rise to contend with over this extra furlong in such a competitive race. More Questions has been in form since returning to turf and looked unlucky behind stable mate Gathering Power a couple of starts ago. That horse franked the form by pushing Joyeuse close yesterday and I get the feeling there could be more to come from More Questions. They have brought him out again just a week after winning so they must feel he is over those exertions and is ready to fire. I think a high draw is beneficial here seeing as the last 2 winners of this race have come from a high draw. Leigh Roche gets on well with the horse and the Lynam horses are running very well at the moment. This is as competitive as they come but More Questions could be open to more improvement!

Re: BBOTD Sunday 25th May 3.20 Curragh Magician 5/6 Boylesports BOG Magician is a proven Group 1 performer and will come on a lot for his first outing here lto when he got up close home under hands and heals to beat Parish Hall. O Brien has a great record in this race and as he is the only proven group 1 performer in the race, it is his to lose. 1 Point win for nap purposes Magician 5/6 Boylesports BOG

Re: BBOTD Sunday 25th May 220 Fontwell: Dollar Bill 5/1 bet365/PP Been waiting for this horse to run for a while and is very well handicapped at his best. Ran with promise here when fourth over 2m4f in April, he was travelling nicely when hampered and lost all chance but ran on well to nick 4th. Same grade and a little bit further, ground will suit and if the new trip works he could win this without much fuss.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 25th May 1415 curragh 0.5ew great minds 5/1 pp 4 year old gelding was a comfortable winner last time out in a 12 runner handicap and must have went into many notebooks, he has had a short break,and up in the weights,and he has poor draw in this 27 runner race,that is why is an each way selection,and i would expect him 1st home in the low numbered drawn,

Re: BBOTD Sunday 25th May Uttox 2.30 - Golden Hoof - win at 5/4 bog bet365 With McCoy's horse looking to be a thorough stayer who shouldn't have the pace for this shorter trip this looks to be between Golden Hoof and Handazan........but McCoy's horse is bound to attract support so either of the other two might be good value at the odds As it goes the two of them met over 21 furlongs at Kempton last time out and Golden Hoof finished 10 lengths ahead of Handazan. Could be closer this time as Handazan was making his seasonal debut and might come on a bit for the run But my doubt over Handazan is that he might be better at 2 miles and is less likely than my selection to be fully effective at todays trip. Both of them like to front run and I can see them coming to the final couple of fences together with my horse pulling away as stamina becomes an issue in the last half mile.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 25th May 15:25 Fontwell = 2.Cloudy Beach @ 2.25 Marathonbet (3/10 stake) My BBOTD comes from the 15:25 Fontwell meeting with as square as possible prediction on the Fav. As much as I try to find someone to trouble 2.Cloudy Beach I just cannot even under microscope and so my hard-earned cash are going to the fancy trio Cloudy Beach-A.Coleman-Miss V.Williams! :hope

Re: BBOTD Sunday 25th May Fontwell 4.00 - Imperial Circus (1pts win, 7/1 William Hill) There are a few horses here who on there day are undoubtedly able to win a race like this but some have had pretty long campaigns whilst Imperial Circus had a three month winter break and ran just over two weeks ago (where he was third) at Wincanton, so in terms of fitness should be bang on today. He has raced three times this year and with each run has been an improved effort and hopefully he can gain his first win of 2014 here today with another improved effort.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 25th May 17:45 Fontwell = 3.Lightentertainment @ 5.50 Marathonbet (3/10 stake) After careful consideration I fancied one more for today and it comes from Fontwell yet again. This time it’s the last meeting of the day there at 17:45 and the value I spot lies within the 3.Lightentertainment where I don’t see some particular strong and promising stats but that horse is just unexposed and might just prove to be a pleasant surprise. :hope

Re: BBOTD Sunday 25th May

15:25 Fontwell = 2.Cloudy Beach @ 2.25 Marathonbet (3/10 stake) My BBOTD comes from the 15:25 Fontwell meeting with as square as possible prediction on the Fav. As much as I try to find someone to trouble 2.Cloudy Beach I just cannot even under microscope and so my hard-earned cash are going to the fancy trio Cloudy Beach-A.Coleman-Miss V.Williams! :hope
17:45 Fontwell = 3.Lightentertainment @ 5.50 Marathonbet (3/10 stake) After careful consideration I fancied one more for today and it comes from Fontwell yet again. This time it’s the last meeting of the day there at 17:45 and the value I spot lies within the 3.Lightentertainment where I don’t see some particular strong and promising stats but that horse is just unexposed and might just prove to be a pleasant surprise. :hope
Hi Sharp vs Square I guess you're not aware that this is a competition thread........and you're only allowed one entry per day ! Have a look at the rules and league table etc in the Sticky Thread up the top....... http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/149946-Best-Bet-Of-The-Day-Tables-May-2014 then get stuck in to the competition !........:D

Re: BBOTD Sunday 25th May 14.45 Curragh: Blue Hussar @ 10/3 William Hill Blue Hussar shaped nicely on his seasonal reappearance at Lingfield in the Derby trial. He was trailing and didn't look quite happy there for a long time of the race but made impressive headway in the home straight. I would imagine that he'll come on allot for this run. He looked a smart prospect when he won over 7f on soft ground at Leopardstown on debut. Outpaced halway out, he made progress on the wide outside coming around the home bend producing a nice turn of foot in the closing stages to win in some style. He might looked like a horse that wouldn't mind the Derby distance lto, but the slight drop in trip to 10f shouldn't be an issue today, due to the very rain softened ground at the Curragh, which I feel should play into the hands of this powerful galloping colt.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 25th May june french 2.50 fontwell takes my eye today. im not in the best of form, so hope i dont jinx her, but she has been a little unfortunate since going chasing and would be open to improvement. she needs to jump a little better, which shes more than capable of doing, and the trip and ground are fine. handicapper puts her in off a mark of 84 which is fine, especially as theres better to come from her, and the fact jockey Mr L Killgarriff takes off a further 7lbs gives her an even better chance, although he wouldnt be the best jockey around. however, all in all i see her jumping a little better and taking advantage of a decent weight to go close today. 1 point win 16/1 ladbrokes bog

Re: BBOTD Sunday 25th May 4.10 Uttoxeter - AlwaysTheOptimist win @ 6/1 StanJames I think that this horse is worth taking a gamble on. He beat a field of similarly skilled horses last time out by 16 lengths but the main challenger fell a few fences from home so the winning distance may not have been so large. He has been put up 6lb which looks fair and still looks to be a winnable mark. My concern is the trip. He has yet to show that he stays this far and even though he has won on soft and heavy ground before he wont want it any softer or there is no doubt that he will struggle to get the distance. The trainer does well here and has a strike rate of just under 44% so with that in mind this one could go well but he does have to take to the new trip.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 25th May 4.20 Kelso - Flight Away Boys ew 22/1 betvictor Lucinda has sent 4 to this renewal in the past with mixed success with a 3rd place being best finish of them. This one made hurdles debut lto at track over 2f longer , was 5th when it made a mistake and stumble but ran on for 4th so not the worst run. Drops back to 2miles , although I think it needs 2m4 at least on breeding but is ridden prominently so should staying on at the finish. Russel and Nicol combine ok here with hurdlers with 3 places from 14. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hi Sharp vs Square I guess you're not aware that this is a competition thread........and you're only allowed one entry per day ! Have a look at the rules and league table etc in the Sticky Thread up the top....... http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/149946-Best-Bet-Of-The-Day-Tables-May-2014 then get stuck in to the competition !........:D
Been told several times to post in the daily threads.

Some misunderstanding here? Two good winners today in the wrong thread? No problem' date=' just let me know where is the daily thread and I'll migrate my seelctions there! Thought BBOTD is the daily thread??? :unsure[/quote'] s vs s, welcome to the forum, go to the top of the page,and read the rules for bbot, and you will get the hang of it 2 good winners, but it is only one selection per day

Re: BBOTD Sunday 25th May Oh, don't get me wrong! I posted 2 selections today without intention as I don't want to compete, just to show my skills! And I thought BBOTD is the thread where I can post the horse I fancy! So I feel a bit lost here since BBOTD is a competitive thread while I cannot post hurdles into the Flat Racing obviously? Where suppose to post then? If I don't steal your oxygen here in BBOTD I prefer to stay around sharing my winners as I simply like that thread. Anything against that? Guess it won't harm anyone, right?

Re: BBOTD Sunday 25th May Mate, its quite simple; This thread is the BBOTD Competition, its run each day for members to post one horse per day and the selections are posted towards a monthly competition in which we have rules to adhere too. (If not we have chaos) Members who don't want to enter the competition can put their selections (how many they like!) in the daily threads. Normally a Flat Racing and a Jump Racing thread are usually up an running by the evening prior to racing, if not its absolutely fine for anyone to start a new thread. You chose not to post as per the rules and not take part in the comp which is fine, but you still post in this thread. Its not about stealing our oxygen, please don't go all dramatic on us! If everyone posted in here i wouldn't know who was in and who was out of the comp would i, it just makes it nice and simple, or it did. Anyway you are most welcome to carry on posting your jump selections but in the jumps thread please:ok