** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Saturday Bets + Banter

Suppose we should have a seperate thread for the bets and the ongoing chat. The pinstickers thread is a bit post heavy already i think. Soz to Ralphie and Herp :lol Is there an analysis thread for todays racing barr the ante-post thread? Looking forward to it all now. Gettin a bit excited :drums

Re: Saturday Bets + Banter Strong Resolve - right age, right weight, will get the trip. (£10 EW) Colnel Rayburn - will get the trip and will be there or there abouts if he gets round. (£10 EW) Clan Royal - trainer has had a virus in his yard but that aside this horse has proved he can go round and has a decent weight. (£10 EW) It Takes Time - great stable and decent weight. (£10 EW) 12 x 20p combination forecasts = £2.40 24 x 10p combination tricasts = £2.40 Total Stake = £84.80 Good Luck Everyone. :ok

Re: Saturday Bets + Banter A forecast is a prediction on the 1st AND 2nd placed horses (12 different combinations in 4 selections) A tricast is a prediction on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed horses (24 different combinations in 4 selections) These are silly bets to be honest but I put my cash down on National day for the fun - not as a serious betting proposition. Having said that I did once get a combination tricast in that paid me over £300 for a 60p stake. :D

Re: Saturday Bets + Banter I have a very consistent record in the National. My first bet was in 1962. Since then my only winner was Earth Summit at 10/1. I have picked the second horse on countless occasions including Crisp and Clan Royal last year. Only trouble is that I never bet each way. Here are this years placed horses Joly Bey 1pt @ 20/1 to win (VC Bet) Strong Resolve 1pt @ 12/1 to win (VC Bet) Good luck everyone

Re: Saturday Bets + Banter right heres mine All place bets with betfair Spot the difference @ 8.6 Frenchmans creek @ 14.5 Glennelly Gale @ 34 It takes time @5.9 normal win e/w clan royal @11.00 double honour@25/1 I consider my money lost as soon as I put it on national, just love having horses to swear at when they fall or dont run fast enough. its tradition aint it

Re: Saturday Bets + Banter

jesus, we've been invaded by the GC!!!
:lol you alright Bowlsey? Where's the loo in this place? Watch that Gett1n as he'll try to tell you how to run the forum but he'll do a runner when Ralphie shows up :lol Wasnt Earth Summit 16/1 WAS? Nah that could have been the Scottish National. Had the winner 3 years running i had, Captain Dibble, Earth Summit and someone else. Mine for today are- Lord Atterbury tw Hedge Hunter tw Royal Auclare tw (its a coincedence bet) Good luck lads. Ive been up all night and no i aint been on them daft chemicals. Just excited about today. Its the only fun i get all week. Gonna pop back along the bookies maybe and do a wee line to get me through till 3pm and then 3.45 or whenever it is.

Re: Saturday Bets + Banter Todays Bets Lingfield 2.00 Picostar £10 @ 2.78 Newcastle 3.15 Zilch £2 @ 8.6 and £2 @ 2.64 the place Aintree 1.45 Medison £10 @ 3.65 2.15 River City £5 @ 5.8 and £5 @ 1.7 the place 3.20 Inglis Drever £10 @ 3.55 4.10 Hedgehunter £10 @ 10.5 and £10 @ 3.75 the place 4.10 Strong Resolve £10 @ 13.00 4.10 Innox £10 @ 6.4 the place

Re: Saturday Bets + Banter yEP, OK kOMP, NICE TO SEE YOU ALL HERE. I know you lot only pop in once a year, but its worth it just to see the banter etc my final bets on the national are: Royal Auclair to place @ 10.5 Betfair Europa to win @ 310.0 Betfair Europa to place @ 40.0 Betf Jakari to win @ 40/1 Bluesq good luck all:loon was trying to get a bet on Astonville to complete the course but couldnt find one. the horse is useless but will finish. ;)

Re: Saturday Bets + Banter Ill be going with EUROPA E/W @ 150/1 :rollin - trainer thinks this has a live outsiders chance. This has a great chance of making the frame !! Price is massive, take some of that 309/1 on betfair an all Also E/W AD HOC - 33/1 - a return to his best would see him right up there. 3rd a few years ago, P Nicholls rates it as having a good chance of a place

Re: Saturday Bets + Banter I noticed someone posted yesterday saying that some races were more like a lottery - i wonder if this is the case with National or does the favourites usually win? I know **** all about horses but was thinking of putting on a few outsiders: Spot the difference Europa Just in debt Royal auclair and few others

Re: Saturday Bets + Banter some scouser has just been in our local corals pulled up in his X5 long trench coat with a fist full of 20's in his hand. Didnt get which horse he put it on i was too busy looking at his fit blonde wife. cnut.

Re: Saturday Bets + Banter Just a cut and paste job from the ante post thread but since everyone is posting their bets heres mine..... STRONG RESOLVE @ 17.0 win bet STRONG RESOLVE @ 12.0 win bet HEROS COLLONGES @ 200.0 win bet HEROS COLLONGES @ 22.0 to place DOUBLE HONOUR @ 36.0 win bet DOUBLE HONOUR @ 7.4 to place