** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 2014

Re: French Open 2014 Gael Monfils to beat Andy Murray @ 2.86 Betfair Monfils flattened the in-form Garcia-Lopez in the last round and he has a good record against Murray, which even though it was a long time ago includes a win in this tournament. He should be well up for this and will have the advantage of a noisy crowd supporting him, and he showed in his match against Fognini in the third round that he has it within him to dig deep if needed. Murray also had a tough third round match against Kohlschreiber that he managed to come through, and like Monfils had an easy time of it in the last round when beating Verdasco in straight sets, but I just think Monfils could have the edge here and so his price appeals. He's a player that seems to enjoy the limelight and the big stage, and if he's inspired to put on a performance then Murray could be in for a hard match. David Ferrer (+2.5 Sets) to beat Rafael Nadal @ 1.730 Pinnacle Nadal had just about the easiest opponent he could have hoped for in the last round, and I'm not sure beating Lajovic for the loss of just four games is ideal preparation for this match. Generally speaking the quality of opponent increases for Nadal as a tournament progresses, meaning that he is able to move towards his peak at a steady rate. Ferrer is a big step up from Lajovic though, and so it may take him some time to adjust and that might give Ferrer a better chance of taking a set. Nadal also lost to Ferrer on clay in Monte-Carlo this year, and so Ferrer should be able to take this match past three sets at least.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: French Open 2014 Back D.Ferrer/R.Nadal - Over 3.5 sets for a 7/10 stake at 2.00 with Paddy Power Agree with Torque, this should be a good test for Nadal, especially if he still has some fitness worries, however small they might be. Ferrer is a major step up from the likes of Lajovic or Thiem, so I expect the world's number one to finally drop a set in Paris. Ferrer won't be under the same amount pressure as he was in last year's final, so I don't expect him to lose as straightforwardly as he did back then. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ferrer-vs-nadal-betting-david-ferrer-to-challenge-rafael-nadal-in-paris-on-wednesday

Re: French Open 2014 Back A.Murray/G.Monfils - Under 41.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.91 with Pinnacle Even though I do expect to see plenty of momentum swings in this one, I also expect to see plenty of breaks, which should lead to some of the sets being fairly straightforward. With that in mind, this line should cover most four-setters in my opinion, so, given that I don't think that a five-setter is very likely, the unders look like the logical choice to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murray-vs-monfils-betting-the-unders-look-like-the-right-call-in-the-match-between-murray-and-monfils

Re: French Open 2014

... snip ... Sara Errani vs Andrea Petkovic over 20.5 games 4/5 paddy power over 2.5 sets 7/4 paddy power most people expect errani to win this but i dont think it will be easy as her opponent has done really well to get here and after a great win she will be full of confidence errani can vulnerable at times like in her previous match as she nearly lost the first set so her opponent will have to play well just to beat and i think she can ... snip ....
Bro, this is not going to happen IMO. Petko was rather poor both against Mladenovic and Bertens. Only the fact that both were relatively young and unexperienced and started to pile UE's after having won the 1st set saved her. Petko adnmitted in the vs Bertens post-match interview that she suffered stomach problems. IMO there are healt issues there and you should also consider that Petko is pretty inconsistent palyer. Sara played final here last year and seems to be on fire this year. No chance for Petko. I'd expect Sara's win 6-2 6-4 at best. Personally, I am huge on Errani to win at 1.36 with my bookie.

Re: French Open 2014 Back Eugenie Bouchard (+1.5 sets) to beat Maria Sharapova for a 7/10 stake at 1.90 with Pinnacle Sharapova looked quite tense in her recent matches, while Bouchard seems to be playing very freely these days, building on her tremendous winning streak. Perhaps she won't have enough to win this at the end of the day, but I think that she will be able to take at least a set off the Russian. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bouchard-vs-sharapova-betting-eugenie-bouchard-can-impress-in-the-french-open-semis

Re: French Open 2014 Back Andrea Petkovic (+1.5 sets) to beat Simona Halep for a 7/10 stake at 2.20 with Pinnacle Even though I'd love to see Halep win the entire thing, I don't think that she's going to have it all that easy today. She admitted that she sometimes struggles on the big stage and Petkovic is never an easy opponent to play against, so I think that there's a good chance that the Romanian will drop a set today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/petkovic-vs-halep-betting-andrea-petkovic-not-to-be-written-off-in-the-second-semi-final

Re: French Open 2014 Back Groth/Golubev to beat Benneteau/Roger-Vasselin at 2.62 with PaddyPower So far Groth and Golubev played some excellent tennis together in Paris. They actually dropped a single set until this stage, which happened in the first round, when - maybe - they were not at the top of their game. But after that three victories in straight sets against 4th seeded Marrero/Verdasco (!!!), Sock/Sousa and a very experienced pair Kubot/Lindstedt (!!!). Maybe it also worth to mention that they did not face a single break point in their last match. On the other hand the favorites of the home crowd dropped a set in each round, moreover I watched all of their matches they played in Nice a few weeks ago, and they did not convinced me at all. Taking into account all the above I do believe there is a lot value in backing Groth/Golubev to reach the final at these odds.

Re: French Open 2014 Back E.Gulbis/N.Djokovic - Over 3.5 sets for a 7/10 stake at 2.00 with Paddy Power Given how well Gulbis has been playing so far in this event, I think that he'll have every chance of getting a set against Djokovic. The Serb hasn't been tested yet in this French Open and he wasn't incredibly convincing against Milos Raonic, so a straight sets victory just doesn't look to be on the cards for him in this match in my opinion. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/gulbis-vs-djokovic-betting-ernests-gulbis-should-be-able-to-trouble-novak-djokovic-in-paris

Re: French Open 2014 Back A.Murray/R.Nadal - Over 3.5 sets for a 7/10 stake at 2.00 with Paddy Power Murray isn't going to outlast Nadal, but he's certainly good enough to take a set off the Spaniard, so I like the overs here. He came surprisingly close to beating Nadal back in Rome, after all, and he's been decent enough so far in the French Open as well. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murray-vs-nadal-betting-andy-murray-to-confirm-his-rise-with-a-good-performance-against-rafael-nadal

Re: French Open 2014 M.Sharapova vs E.Bouchard = under 21,5 games @ 2.04 Marathonbet (7/10 stake) Quite simply when you witness MARATHONBET offering 21,5 games line compared to the PINNY only 21 games you have to be mad to play the second one and that’s all the shopping secret you need to know. Regarding the matchup itself we have to ignore the 2-0 H2H lead of the Fav since the Canadian has just stepped up at that serious scene such as Grand Slam. Her talent is there for everyone to see but can she overachieve and reach the final? Think her time is about to come … but not yet! Masha fought back from 0-1 deficit on two consecuative occasions and I assume her game plan is to to be much more concentrated today not repeating that mistake again, then from a comfy 1-0 Set up to close the game. She’s had a solid clay season so far and will be completely normal if she advance to the final. Two close sets for me but still UNDER 21,5 games. :hope

Back Groth/Golubev to beat Benneteau/Roger-Vasselin at 2.62 with PaddyPower So far Groth and Golubev played some excellent tennis together in Paris. They actually dropped a single set until this stage, which happened in the first round, when - maybe - they were not at the top of their game. But after that three victories in straight sets against 4th seeded Marrero/Verdasco (!!!), Sock/Sousa and a very experienced pair Kubot/Lindstedt (!!!). Maybe it also worth to mention that they did not face a single break point in their last match. On the other hand the favorites of the home crowd dropped a set in each round, moreover I watched all of their matches they played in Nice a few weeks ago, and they did not convinced me at all. Taking into account all the above I do believe there is a lot value in backing Groth/Golubev to reach the final at these odds.
Well, this is ridiculous... Being 3-0 in front in the decisive set, having 2 consecutive break points for 4-0, failing to convert. Then 40-0 in front on own serve at 3-1 and losing the game... 3 re-break points at 5-4, none of them converted. Joke...

Gael Monfils to beat Andy Murray @ 2.86 Betfair David Ferrer (+2.5 Sets) to beat Rafael Nadal @ 1.730 Pinnacle
It's fair to say that Murray isn't top of my Christmas card list after beating Monfils in five sets. That's twice now that he has been taken the distance and managed to get through when I've opposed him, after his match against Kohlschreiber. Still, I think both matches showed that he shouldn't have been as short as he was in the betting. Ferrer took the opening set against Nadal to cover the handicap which was fortunate, as after that he was hammered. I didn't watch any of the match, so I don't know if it was just a case of Nadal being inspired or if Ferrer was below par.

Re: French Open 2014 Ernests Gulbis (+2.5 Sets) to beat Novak Djokovic @ 1.840 Pinnacle When you consider how well Gulbis has played so far in this tournament and also that he beat Djokovic in their last meeting earlier this year, it's hard to take the prices for the Serb in this match seriously in my opinion. Even accounting for all the experience that Djokovic has of matches like this, I think he is too short here. I think you can even make an argument that Gulbis has been in better form during the last few rounds, as his wins over Federer and Berdych were impressive. Djokovic looked shaky at times against both Cilic and Raonic, and although he was a comfortable winner over Tsonga he was fortunate that the Frenchman folded in a performance similar to the one he gave against Ferrer at this tournament last year. I think Gulbis will go after Djokovic like he did against Berdych, and that he will believe that he has a chance to win. The occasion shouldn't phase the Latvian either, and although I'm tempted to back him outright I'll stick to the set handicap.

Re: French Open 2014 Back Simona Halep to beat Maria Sharapova for a 7/10 stake at 2.62 with Unibet Two factors - experience and the H2H record between the two - speak in Sharapova's favour in this match, but I don't think that they are strong enough to make the Russian such a big favourite here. Halep has been the better player of the two so far in this tournament, after all, and the fact that she had no problems with nerves in the semis makes me believe that she's going to be very competitive on Saturday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/halep-vs-sharapova-betting-simona-halep-to-finally-get-that-elusive-victory-over-maria-sharapova

Re: French Open 2014 1 pick for FRENCH OPEN: HALEP TO DEFEAT SHARAPOVA @ 2.56 on pinnaclesports Halep is a better player this Roland Garros. considering Sharapova's experience it is a 50/50 match for me at the odds of 2.56. Halep+4 games handicap @ 1.63 should be a safer bet to consider as well.

Re: French Open 2014 Back Rafael Nadal to beat Novak Djokovic for a 7/10 stake at 1.90 with Unibet Happy to take this early price, as I don't think that I'll be able to get a better one later on. I didn't really catch the early matches, but I saw the QFs and SFs and I have to say that Nadal looked much better than Djokovic, so I'll be siding with the Spaniard, especially since it's also hard to argue with his French Open record. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nadal-vs-djokovic-betting-rafael-nadal-to-defend-his-french-open-title-on-sunday

Re: French Open 2014 Hsieh/Peng to beat Errani/Vinci at 2.7 with Pinnacle Hsieh/Peng is a bit shaky before the French Open, but they successfully go through all the tough matches here from round 1. Although Errani/Vinci is unstoppable during this clay season, Hsieh/Peng have positive records (2:1)against them. Besides, Hsieh/Peng are 11w0L at final. In my opinion the Chinese/Taiwanese pair should not be underestimated so I am very happy to back them at such price.

roland garros men single final nadal-djiokovic I did nadal winner of the tournament at 2,375 during last week (10/10 stake). Now odds are nadal 1,90 and djiokovic 2,04 (marathon). I have in my hand a sure bet if I bet on djiokovic winner. But my suggestion is to bet on over 42,5 games at 1,99 (marathon). good luck and good choice dear punters!

Hsieh/Peng to beat Errani/Vinci at 2.7 with Pinnacle Hsieh/Peng is a bit shaky before the French Open, but they successfully go through all the tough matches here from round 1. Although Errani/Vinci is unstoppable during this clay season, Hsieh/Peng have positive records (2:1)against them. Besides, Hsieh/Peng are 11w0L at final. In my opinion the Chinese/Taiwanese pair should not be underestimated so I am very happy to back them at such price.
Did you watch both matches or did you prefer Gulbis - Djoko? I actually saw Errani/Vinci and they were on fire after dropping the first two games.

Re: French Open 2014 I have a feeling that Masha will go well from the start, and if she plays she's "bomb" it would be nice for her. But i actually think to play on Halep. If she plays the game that showed so far she will win. Masha struggles and "upgraded errani" have a good chance. Opinions?

Re: French Open 2014 M.Sharapova vs S.Halep = S.Halep @ 2.24 Marathonbet (5/10 stake) OK, this is clearly a value hunting for me since I can’t quite figure it out who’s going to be the next Grand Slam winner. Everybody knows Sharapova and it won’t be surprising picking her as a winner. However the Romanian made an incredible entrance to the WTA Elite last year and a half and it’s her consistency that made that happen. Like her chances very much as the Russian already showed on three consecutive matches during the week she’s vulnerable. Good luck if followed! :hope

Did you watch both matches or did you prefer Gulbis - Djoko? I actually saw Errani/Vinci and they were on fire after dropping the first two games.
I watched their matches against Raymond/Huber and Black/Mirza, they played really well. I did not watch their match against Muguruza/Navarro but I know they have some ups-and-downs during the match. Peng is able to match Errani/Vinci at the baseline, complement with Su-Wei's good hands at the net and her unorthodox way of playing, overall I believe it's hard to say which pair is going to win so I would like to back Hsieh/Peng at such price.