** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

May 12 - May 18

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back J.Melzer/A.Murray - Over 21.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.97 with Pinnacle Melzer played well against both Isner and Cilic, so this could easily turn out to be a really tough match for Andy Murray, who hasn't been all that great as of late and who still has plenty of problems to solve before the start of the French Open. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/melzer-vs-murray-betting-jurgen-melzer-to-produce-yet-another-superb-performance-in-rome-this-week

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: May 12 - May 18 My today bet was to be Suarez Navarro against Halep, but in the meantime the latter retired from Rome. I am now thinking about placing a bet on Cetkovska winning at least one set against Errani at 1.94 with Pinnacle, but I am not so confident on that, even if the H2H favors the Czech. She played plenty of matches recently with several 3 setters, so I am not so sure whether she can keep the pace. Moreover, Errani demolished Makarova yesterday and the home crowd should be another advantage for the Italian. What do you think?

Re: May 12 - May 18 1 pick for WTA ROME: IVANOVIC+4 GAMES HANDICAP OVER SHARAPOVA @ 1.97 on pinnaclesports Should not be an easy win for Sharapova as she is tired and Ivanovic has been playing well recently. Sharapova is winning a lot of matches recently but most of them are very close and she has been lucky a few times.

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back Shuai Zhang to beat Christina McHale for a 6/10 stake at 2.56 with Pinnacle I liked Zhang's performance against Kvitova much more than I liked McHale's performance against Giorgi, so 2.56 looks like a price worth taking to me. Moreover, Zhang had a day off yesterday, which could help her if the match goes to a third set. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zhang-vs-mchale-betting-shuai-zhang-to-impress-against-christina-mchale

Re: May 12 - May 18

My today bet was to be Suarez Navarro against Halep' date=' but in the meantime the latter retired from Rome. I am now thinking about placing a bet on Cetkovska winning at least one set against Errani at 1.94 with Pinnacle, but I am not so confident on that, even if the H2H favors the Czech. She played plenty of matches recently with several 3 setters, so I am not so sure whether she can keep the pace. Moreover, Errani demolished Makarova yesterday and the home crowd should be another advantage for the Italian. What do you think?[/quote'] I'd stay away personally, the conditions look too slow for Cetkovska to be able to fire past Errani's defenses. The conditions look ideal for the Italian, can't see past a fairly easy win for her personally.

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back M.Youzhny/R.Nadal - Over 18.5 games for a 5/10 stake at 1.94 with Pinnacle Back Mikhail Youzhny to beat Rafael Nadal for a 2/10 stake at 10.75 with Pinnacle Nadal hasn't been all that great lately, so I'm not fully convinced that he'll crush Youzhny today, especially after that very long match he had to play against Simon yesterday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/youzhny-vs-nadal-betting-going-against-the-world-s-number-one-on-thursday-looks-rather-logical

Re: May 12 - May 18 Melzer +4.5 games vs Murray @ 1.96 local bookie (7/10) That's kinda tailing Czech, but better price IMO. I do not expect Melzer to be totally beaten in any set, so basically 20 games should be enough for the bet to come through. I also tail Czech in Zhang to bt McHale. Zhang defeated Kvitova in an impressive way, cos Petra was far better here than she was in Madrid. McHale should be much easier.

Re: May 12 - May 18 Philipp Kohlschreiber V.S. Novak Djokovic : Philipp Kohlschreiber +1.5 sets at 3.41 with Pinnacle I saw Djokovic's match against Stepanek, he was still adjusting after coming back from injury, and he was far from his best. According to the interview, he struggled in the extremely windy condition, which continues today. On the other hand, Kohlschreiber did a good job so far in this tournament. He came back from one set down against Janowicz and won over Robredo in straight sets. Also, H2H shows Kohlschreiber can handle Djokovic on clay. He defeated Djokovic in 2009 French Open in straight sets, and he also managed to take a set from Djokovic in French Open last year. So given Kohlschreiber is in good form whereas Djokovic struggles with wind and also need more matches to adjust, I think there is much value backing the set handicap for Kohlschreiber here.

Did anyone see the Chardy vs Dodig match yesterday ? Did Chardy play that well not to face a single break point or was Dodig that bad ? I see some value in the French man over Raonic at $3
Didn't catch it unfortunately, but I'd agree with you on that bet. The conditions should favor him and Raonic hasn't looked all that comfortable so far.

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back G.Dimitrov/T.Haas - Over 22.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.95 with Pinnacle This could be a real cracker I would say, as both players seem to be enjoying themselves in Rome. It's really hard for me to believe that either of them is going to win this easily, so the overs look like the most logical choice of them all to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dimitrov-vs-haas-betting-a-long-match-could-be-on-the-cards-for-grigor-dimitrov-and-tommy-haas

Re: May 12 - May 18 one nice parlay today for me Zhang to win at least 4 games vs Serena Williams (@1.40) x Jankovic vs Radwanska over 19.5 games (@1.50) @2.10 total (6/10) Zhang is rather underrated in this match. True, Serena is unstoppable, but she also makes many errors. Zhang serves well, moves well, and did beat Kvitova that has style rather similar to Serena. JJ vs Radwanska is a no-brainer. They played 7 times and the number of games was never less than 20. Also going small for Chardy going to send Raonic packing @3.30 (2/10) all bets are with local bookie

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back David Ferrer (+1.5 sets) to beat Novak Djokovic for a 7/10 stake at 2.00 with Paddy Power Worth a punt I would say. Arguably, David Ferrer has been the better player of the two so far in this tournament, so chances are that he will be able to take at least a set off the world's number two, who struggled against both Radek Stepanek and Philipp Kohlschreiber. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ferrer-vs-djokovic-betting-david-ferrer-has-what-it-takes-to-take-a-set-off-novak-djokovic-in-rome

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back Andy Murray (+1.5 sets) to beat Rafael Nadal for a 7/10 stake at 2.32 with Pinnacle Murray should get at least a set here more often than not in my opinion, as Nadal simply isn't all that great at the moment. That said, I still fancy the Spaniard to win this at the end of the day, so I'm not really willing to go for the outright win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murray-vs-nadal-betting-andy-murray-not-to-be-underestimated-in-the-clash-of-titans

Re: May 12 - May 18 Ivanovic V.S. Suarez Navarro : Ivanovic -1.5 sets at 2.33 with Pinnacle Ivanovic played superb yesterday, especially her return on second serve, which I believe will pose a lot of threat to Navarro today. She is yet to drop a set in this tournament and I believe she will continue the magic here. I know she struggled a bit against Cornet because her service games were a bit unstable at that time, but I tend to believe that is just a special case, not a normal case in terms of how well she is recently.

Zhang to win at least 4 games vs Serena Williams (@1.40)
I also chose Zhang over 16.5 games at 1.85 with Pinnacle a few hour ago but I realize I missed a piece of important information: Zhang withdrew from her doubles match yesterday over shoulder injury and it really worries me. She was troubled by her injury sometimes since March. But she looks fine so far in this tournament and it is really strange that she looked dominant in the deciding set against Mchale just a few hours before her withdrawal. Maybe it is just because she wants to focus on her match against the world number 1 and to save some energy for her but we don’t know for sure. If it turns out there is really some problem over her shoulder and she insists not to retire, these choices become very vulnerable and dangerous. So now I am thinking maybe I should partially hedge my bet. A more prudent choice is to make the in-play bet to check if she is ok, or at least after watching the pre-match practice.

Re: May 12 - May 18 Hi guys, yes the haas v dimitrov looks as sure a 3-setter as ive seen or shall we say "overs" on the total games anyway. Has anybody found any other line than 22.5? Also, anybody got perhaps a different angle for betting on tight/long/close matches?

Hi guys' date=' yes the haas v dimitrov looks as sure a 3-setter as ive seen or shall we say "overs" on the total games anyway. Has anybody found any other line than 22.5? Also, anybody got perhaps a different angle for betting on tight/long/close matches?[/quote'] Plenty of lines can be found, but the odds are lower/higher accordingly and I personally like to go with the standard 22.5 here. Interesting alternatives might be three sets (2.40 with Unibet) or Haas +3.5 (1.85 with Pinnacle).

Re: May 12 - May 18 Difficult but I think Jankovic should win. Her service is working fine and powerful in rallies. Errani has to dominate the rallies as she will struggle on serve. I hope Errani wins it but she has to be really good.

Re: May 12 - May 18 Jankovic should win it. She is in good form. I didn't watch Errani's match yesterday but I heard that Li was ill, vomiting before the match, so I suggest not to overract to Errani's win yesterday.

Difficult but I think Jankovic should win. Her service is working fine and powerful in rallies. Errani has to dominate the rallies as she will struggle on serve. I hope Errani wins it but she has to be really good.

Re: May 12 - May 18 Na Li was not clearly ill. She did play the whole match and she just couldn't find the court. Most balls were long. However, Errani played some great defensive tennis. Radwanska should have won as Jankovic was lucky and Radwanska's forehand was terrible at times.

Re: May 12 - May 18 But the fact Li vomited 15 minutes before the match more or less impact her performance.

Na Li was not clearly ill. She did play the whole match and she just couldn't find the court. Most balls were long. However' date=' Errani played some great defensive tennis. Radwanska should have won as Jankovic was lucky and Radwanska's forehand was terrible at times.[/quote']

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back Grigor Dimitrov (+1.5 sets) to beat Rafael Nadal for a 8/10 stake at 1.99 with Pinnacle This probably doesn't need any long explanations. The bottom line is that I would have the set handicap around 1.65 here, so this price looks very juicy to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dimitrov-vs-nadal-betting-grigor-dimitrov-looks-value-to-take-a-set-off-the-world-s-number-one-in-rome

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back Serena Williams (-5) to beat Ana Ivanovic for a 7/10 stake at 1.85 with Pinnacle Hard to see past the American here, as she's been playing really well so far in this tournament and obviously has what it takes to crush the Serb in no time. The loss from the Australian Open will make her even more focused and motivated, so I expect her to win this quite easily. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/williams-vs-ivanovic-betting-serena-williams-has-what-it-takes-to-crush-ana-ivanovic-on-saturday

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back Sara Errani Total Games - Over 6 for a 7/10 stake at 2.06 with Pinnacle I can't see past Serena Williams in the finals, but, at the same time, I think that Sara Errani will be able to win at least a few games against the world's number one today. She's been playing superb tennis so far this week and she'll have the crowd behind her, so you just know that she's going to fight hard for every single point in this match - and that should allow her to cover this line more often than not in my opinion. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/errani-vs-williams-betting-sara-errani-can-shine-against-serena-williams-in-the-finals

Re: May 12 - May 18 and yes, Rome final can't be avoided @RafaelNadal to bt @DjokerNole @ 1.75 local bookie (8/10) They both had weaker moments in Rome, but yesterday's semifinals have shown that Rafa is in better shape. Djoker lost too many points on his own serve against Raonic (who defeinitely can't be counted among world's best returners). This final it's Rafa's turn.

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back Rafael Nadal to beat Novak Djokovic for a 4/10 stake at 1.75 with Pinnacle Just interest stakes for me, but Nadal should have the edge in this one after out-playing Dimitrov yesterday. Despite all his struggles, I think that he's shown more than Djokovic so far this week, so I fancy him to get the job done and capture the title in Rome today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nadal-vs-djokovic-betting-rafael-nadal-has-what-it-takes-to-stop-novak-djokovic-in-rome

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back Haase/Lopez (+1.5 sets) to beat Nestor/Zimonjic and S. Williams to beat Errani at 1.89 with TonyBet It's true that Nestor and Zimonjic form an experienced pair and won plenty in the last couple of years, but Haase and Lopez played some great tennis this week. The former also dropped a set in each of their recent matches, so in my opinion the latter should be able to trouble them in at least one set. I agree with Czech on his tip, Errani might be able to win a couple of games here, but I still expect Serena to win this comfortably.