** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

May 12 - May 18

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back Tomas Berdych to win ATP Rome for a 1/10 stake at 52.00 with Pinnacle Back Ernests Gulbis to win ATP Rome for a 1/10 stake at 67.00 with Bet365 Both guys have done well in Rome before and both are good enough to have a really good week at some point, so I can see some value in these massive odds given that all the main favorites still look rather shaky. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-rome-betting-going-against-rafael-nadal-looks-quite-logical-once-again

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back Svetlana Kuznetsova to win WTA Rome for a 1/10 stake at 51.00 with Bet365 Back Andrea Petkovic to win WTA Rome for a 1/10 stake at 101.32 with Pinnacle The women's side looks even harder to call, so I am going to go for just two small punts on players that are both good and experienced enough to succeed against the big favorites - with a little bit of luck, of course. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-rome-betting-no-value-to-be-found-in-the-favorites-on-the-women-s-side-of-things

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back Samantha Stosur to beat Sabine Lisicki for a 7/10 stake at 1.73 with William Hill Stosur looked better than Lisicki in Madrid and the slower Rome conditions should suit her more than they should suit the German, so I expect a fairly straightforward victory for the Australian on Monday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stosur-vs-lisicki-betting-samantha-stosur-should-be-able-to-beat-sabine-lisicki-in-rome

Re: May 12 - May 18 It is strange that we can't find outright choice for Ana Ivanovic with Pinnacle. Same situation happened last week.

Back Svetlana Kuznetsova to win WTA Rome for a 1/10 stake at 51.00 with Bet365 Back Andrea Petkovic to win WTA Rome for a 1/10 stake at 101.32 with Pinnacle The women's side looks even harder to call, so I am going to go for just two small punts on players that are both good and experienced enough to succeed against the big favorites - with a little bit of luck, of course. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-rome-betting-no-value-to-be-found-in-the-favorites-on-the-women-s-side-of-things

Re: May 12 - May 18 One for me after a longer pause: Back Li-Na to win WTA Rome @4.80 local bookie The reasoning of this bet becomes obvious after you look at the draw. The top 4 favs are Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova, Li-Na and Simona Halep. It just happens that Serena, Maria and Simona are all in the top half of the draw, while Li-na resides in the bottom half. Jankovic, Kerber , Radwanska and Lisicki are the most dangerous opponents Li-Na can meet on heer way to the finals, and all are playable for Li-Na. As to the potential final oponent - Serena is probably going to withdraw again at some point - she regularly does this before Frencho Open, and it does not make logical sense for her to withdraw from Madrid and keep going in Rome two weeks before the Grand Slam. Masha and Simona are both playable for Li-Na, and I shall cover in the finals anyway.

Re: May 12 - May 18

It is strange that we can't find outright choice for Ana Ivanovic with Pinnacle. Same situation happened last week.
After the spank from Halep and with the well known mental fragility of Anna the bookies do not give her much chances here. Personally, I shall consider to fade Anna from the very start.

Re: May 12 - May 18 Actually Samantha Stosur is more dangerous for Li than Lisicki. She was 0-6 against Stosur.

One for me after a longer pause:Jankovic' date=' Kerber , Radwanska and Lisicki are the most dangerous opponents Li-Na can meet on her way to the finals.[/quote']

Re: May 12 - May 18 Yvonne Meusburger V.S. Flavia Pennetta – Over 19 games at 2.00 with Pinnacle The reason is quite straightforward. Pennetta has done nothing special since Miami. She played like ranked 50 during those days. While Pennetta should win this match after all, I don’t expect her to win this without pressure from her opponent.

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back Igor Sijsling to beat Marco Cecchinato for a 7/10 stake at 1.73 with Pinnacle This looks like a trap, but let me fall into it if it is. Sijsling was playing well in Madrid and Cecchinato doesn't seem to have what it takes to compete on the main tour, so I am happy to side with the Dutchman at 1.73 here given that there is a decent gap between the two quality-wise. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sijsling-vs-cecchinato-betting-igor-sijsling-can-start-his-rome-campaign-with-a-solid-victory

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova to beat Belinda Bencic for a 7/10 stake at 2.19 with Pinnacle Not sure I agree with the favoritism that Belinda Bencic is already getting. She is incredibly talented and she is going to go very far, but I would have the odds the other way around here given that Pavlyuchenkova played quite well in Madrid last week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pavlyuchenkova-vs-bencic-betting-anastasia-pavlyuchenkova-to-deal-with-belinda-bencic-in-rome

Re: May 12 - May 18 2 picks for ATP CHALLENGER HEILBRONN: GHEM TO DEFEAT MORIYA BY 2:0 SETS @ 1.94 on betfair STRUFF TO DEFEAT GERASIMOV BY 2:0 SETS @ 1.45 on betfair Expect to be two easy wins for clay court players in good form (Struff, especially) vs. two hard court players. Especially, Moriya whose game and movement is not suited for clay courts at all.

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back Shuai Zhang (+1.5 sets) to beat Petra Kvitova for a 6/10 stake at 2.73 with Pinnacle Kvitova tends to be there for the taking in the early rounds and she wasn't that great early doors in Madrid either, so I fancy Shuai Zhang to have a real chance of taking a set off the Czech number one today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zhang-vs-kvitova-betting-shuai-zhang-looks-value-to-take-a-set-off-the-world-s-number-six

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back Casey Dellacqua Total Games - Over 6 for a 7/10 stake at 2.10 with Pinnacle Six games should be fully within Dellacqua's range here in my opinion, as she's been playing well in Rome so far by the looks of things. Moreover, Li Na wasn't all that dominant in Madrid either, so chances are that she is going to start fairly slowly in Rome. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dellacqua-vs-li-betting-casey-dellacqua-to-produce-yet-another-superb-performance-in-rome

2 picks for ATP CHALLENGER HEILBRONN: GHEM TO DEFEAT MORIYA BY 2:0 SETS @ 1.94 on betfair STRUFF TO DEFEAT GERASIMOV BY 2:0 SETS @ 1.45 on betfair Expect to be two easy wins for clay court players in good form (Struff, especially) vs. two hard court players. Especially, Moriya whose game and movement is not suited for clay courts at all.
Ghem 6-1 6-0 very nice! Now, let's see the first seeded Struff :hope

Re: May 12 - May 18 Milos Raonic vs Simone Bolelli Bring you the forecast for the second-round match at the tournament in Rome , Canadian Milos Raonic (? 10, 23 years) and the Italian Simone Bolelli (? 162, 28 years ). If you watch long tennis , it must be remembered that once Bolelli was decent tennis player who once clung to the top 50. But is not very fine day in his health interfered injury and then his speech became unstable and very low rating. But the talent is still here. This year, Simone has won three tournament series "Challenger" , 2 of them in a row. In the first round of Rome had pretty sweat against compatriot Travaglia , who had a fantastic qualification. But whatever it was , and the second round of tennis deservedly broke through. In the second round from the beginning it was waiting for Milos Raonic , who, missed the initial stage of the competition. And for the Canadian is not an advantage. Indeed, in light of what the charge was Simone after his victory , serving today must be very difficult. Bolelli - tenacious, and that plays before the home crowd , but Rao will have to rely on the pitch and not the fact that servce it will help him. In Rome cover clearly slower than in Oeiras or even Madrid, and this fact is also not in his favor. Bolelli win in two sets. Estimated score 0:2 (4:6, 6:7) Simone Bolelli +3.5 games @ 2.04 Sbobet 8/10 Category: Tennis - ATP 10 picks +4 profit uds +15% yield Win-Loss-Void: 6-2-2 Win rate: 75% Stake avg: 3.1 Odd avg: 2.02 Staked: 26 Returned: 29.82 ------------------------------------ Category: Tennis - WTA 10 picks +38 profit uds +48% yield Win-Loss-Void: 8-2-0 Win rate: 80% Stake avg: 8.0 Odd avg: 1.88 Staked: 80 Returned: 118.45

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back Christina McHale to beat Camila Giorgi for a 7/10 stake at 2.48 with Pinnacle I'd have McHale as only a small underdog here, so these odds look worth taking to me. McHale has already beaten the Italian in this season and she's done nothing wrong since her comeback, so perhaps this really isn't going to be an enjoyable match for Giorgi. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mchale-vs-giorgi-betting-christina-mchale-looks-value-against-camila-giorgi-in-rome

Re: May 12 - May 18 Jankovic V.S. Kuznetsova – Jankovic to defeat Kuznetsova at 1.99 with Pinnacle Jankovic did not play well in Madrid but in my opinion she is still the better player of the two. Kuznetsova recent wins are all against players ranked below 20. And when she played against Radwanska and Navarro, she had 4-1 lead in the deciding set but failed to close out, which shows she lacks confidence or she is not mentally strong enough against top players. Cornet V.S. Ivanovic – Cornet +1.5 sets at 1.952 with Pinnacle Cornet has good record against top players and she seems to recover well from injury. So I expect Cornet to take at least one set from Ana Ivanovic.

Re: May 12 - May 18 Francesca Schiavone - Garbine Muguruza Home (Match) ML 2.40 PINNACLE Fantastic Francy against Bouchard. I think Muguruza is not so better than Genie, if Schiavone will play like yersterday. I think she can win.

Don't you have to fancy Lepchenko at those odd vs Stephens. Stephens is still being priced as a force thoigh I admit the bookies have taken note to her terrible play outside of the majors. Varbara owns the h2h 2-0 and will surely test Sloane
Yep, she might be worth a punt, although I didn't like how she self-destructed against Kvitova lat week.

Re: May 12 - May 18 1 pick for ATP ROME: DIMITROV OVER 12.5 GAMES OVER KARLOVIC @ 1.69 on pinnaclesports Dimitrov is overestimated on clay, in my opinion not a top 10 clay court player yet, and Karlovic is underestimated on clay, so I don't expect it to be an easy win for Dimitrov, probably a 3 set win.

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back Madison Keys (+1.5 sets) to beat Simona Halep for a 5/10 stake at 2.45 with Unibet Back Madison Keys to beat Simona Halep for a 2/10 stake at 4.61 with Pinnacle The disappointment - coupled with fatigue - could spill over into this week for Simona Halep, so I fancy Madison Keys to really test her with those big shots she can produce. The strange match the two played at the start of the year (with Keys winning in two) also suggests that this might not be a particularly easy ride for the Romanian. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/keys-vs-halep-betting-madison-keys-has-what-it-takes-to-test-simona-halep

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back Monica Puig Total Games - Over 6 for a 7/10 stake at 1.94 with Pinnacle Back Monica Puig to beat Maria Sharapova for a 1/10 stake at 10.15 with Pinnacle Maria Sharapova is obviously good enough to win this 6-0 6-0, but I don't think that such a result is very likely given that she often tends to struggle against these young players that can produce some fearless hitting. Opening matches are never easy and Monica Puig played a really good match against Hantuchova yesterday, so six games should be fully within her range today - and, at 10.15, the outright win is worth a punt as well in my opinion. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/puig-vs-sharapova-betting-monica-puig-to-trouble-maria-sharapova-in-rome-on-wednesday

Re: May 12 - May 18 Back Alize Cornet (+1.5 sets) to beat Ana Ivanovic for a 7/10 stake at 1.96 with SBOBet Too much credit is being given to Ana Ivanovic at the moment in my opinion. She is still pretty shaky whenever up against determined players that don't fear her in the slightest and you can be sure that Cornet won't be fazed by facing her today, so the set handicap looks like a good bet to me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cornet-vs-ivanovic-betting-alize-cornet-can-take-a-set-off-the-world-s-number-thirteen-today

Back Monica Puig Total Games - Over 6 for a 7/10 stake at 1.94 with Pinnacle Back Monica Puig to beat Maria Sharapova for a 1/10 stake at 10.15 with Pinnacle Maria Sharapova is obviously good enough to win this 6-0 6-0, but I don't think that such a result is very likely given that she often tends to struggle against these young players that can produce some fearless hitting. Opening matches are never easy and Monica Puig played a really good match against Hantuchova yesterday, so six games should be fully within her range today - and, at 10.15, the outright win is worth a punt as well in my opinion. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/puig-vs-sharapova-betting-monica-puig-to-trouble-maria-sharapova-in-rome-on-wednesday
Especially the 6+ games bet looks great value! :hope

i just want to ask you something' date='why you almost evry time predict that underdogs will win favorites?I watching your tips and 90% predictions is that clear favorit will lose...this is just question and nothing more,thank you ;)[/quote'] It's certainly not 90%, far from that ;). But yeah, that's just my style and there's nothing special behind it, I'll back a favorite any day if the lines look good. It's all about the circumstances really, I am pretty sure that I'm going to back plenty of favorites in the upcoming Grand Slams, for example.

i just want to ask you something' date='why you almost evry time predict that underdogs will win favorites?I watching your tips and 90% predictions is that clear favorit will lose...this is just question and nothing more,thank you ;)[/quote'] I would not solely call it betting on underdogs, much rather value betting. And these folks find a lot of value in betting on certain underdogs in certain circumstances. Huge thanks to them ;)