** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Skrill Play-off Finals May 10, 18

Skrill Premier Final Sun, May 18 4pm Wembley Cambridge United v Gateshead 1 - 11/8 (Coral, Marathon) X - 13/5 (Marathon) 2 - 21/10 (BetVics, Boyle) Skrill North Final Sat, May 10 3pm Altrincham v Guiseley 1 - 11/8 (Marathon) X - 11/4 (Marathon) 2 - 19/10 (Marathon) Skrill South Final Sat, May 10 3pm Ebbsfleet United v Dover Athletic 1 - 27/20 (Marathon) X - 13/5 (Marathon) 2 - 21/10 (BetVics, Ladbrokes)

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Play-off Finals May 10, 18 Fancy Altrincham in the North final this afternoon. I think they had the harder task of getting past Hednesford and they did well to get through. They have the better side for me and although both teams have been in good form I think they have the edge. Already on Ebbsfleet in the South and going to stick with them and will also be sticking with Gateshead although more on that nearer the time, but will have a small treble on the 3 which pays 15/1.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Play-off Finals May 10, 18 So we finally get to the final game of the non-league season and we find out if it will be Cambridge United or Gateshead joining Luton back in the Football League. Gateshead have been on some run as their last defeat come all the way back on February 25th against Welling and that unbeaten run has lasted 14 games. Some might say they were lucky int he 2nd leg of the semi-final as the first goal was a bad keeper error, Grimsby ended up with only nine men on the pitch and the first sending off was harsh. I do think though that Gateshead were the better side and they pass the ball around really well and should be suited to the Wembley pitch. I am a little worried by the lack of quality in the final third as the final ball wasn’t always the best, but in James Norwood they have a midfielder capable ofscoring from distance and that will be a big advantage. As I said in my preview before the play-offs started Cambridge’s recent form really worried me and they broke a losing run of five games when beating Halifax 2-0 in the 2nd leg ofthe semi-final. I thought Cambridge were gifted those two goals though as Halifax’s defending left a lot to be desired especially for the first goal. They do have the advantage that they have already won at Wembley this season and that experience will help. It is worth pointing out that that these two played each other on the final day of the season and Gateshead won 2-0, now I don’t think that will have to much baring here, but it will give Gateshead a little psychological edge. Gateshead impressed me in the play-offs andthey have been in cracking form anyway, whereas of course Cambridge haven’tbeen and you do wonder why there is such a big price difference in their prices. I already have Gateshead covered ante-post, but if you haven’t already backed them then 11/5 with William Hill is a big price. James Marwood has had a fantastic season and is worth backing to score the first goal at 17/2 with Bet365. I think it will be a tight game, Gateshead aren’t really known for scoring loads of goals and Cambridge hadn’t scored in those five defeats prior to scoring two against Halifax, so I will back Gateshead to win 1-0 with is 17/2 with BetVictor. All the action will be on BT Sport 2 at 4pm on Sunday and although I am not predicting a goalfest I still think it should be a high quality game for everyone watching on TV. Gateshead 1pt Gateshead to win 1-0 0.5pts James Norwood to score 1st 0.5pts

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Play-off Finals May 10, 18 3pts Cambridge to beat Gateshead 11/8 BetVictor I think any edge you can get in a playoff final is a big thing and for me Cambridge have the edge in that they have played at Wembley this season and have positive memories having won here so I would expect them to settle into the final quicker and in theory that should allow them to take control of the game. Whether they are good enough to go on and win under the pressure they are under remains to be seen but I think they are worthy favourites based on experience going into this massive game. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cambridge-vs-gateshead-betting-cambridge-can-use-wembley-experience-to-their-advantage

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Play-off Finals May 10, 18 Money for Cambridge and Gateshead are drifting which makes little sense to me. Hard to think why the prices are so different, it is like it has been priced up on this being an actual home game for Cambridge.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Play-off Finals May 10, 18 Gateshead should really have won that, but as I said in my preview their lack of quality in the final third might be their downfall and so it proved because the amount of possession and ball they had in the final 3rd they really should have created much more. Cambridge offered very little and it was only a sloppy piece of defending and a wonder free kick that has won it for them. If Gateshead can add to their squad they have every chance of being in amongst it again next season.