** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Europa League Final > Sevilla v Benfica > Wednesday May 14th

[TABLE=class: odds bestOdds]

[TR=class: BO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Sevilla[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]

6312.gif

[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]Draw[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]

6312.gif

[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Benfica[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]

6312.gif

[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Europa League Final > Sevilla v Benfica > Wednesday May 14th 3pts Benfica to beat Sevilla 13/10 Ladbrokes I fancy Benfica in this one. I think on these occasions previous experience can be crucial and it is Benfica who have that here. Sevilla are a decent side but they’ve been struggling for form for a little while which is far from ideal and are also missing a couple of key players. Benfica have a big enough squad to cope with their absentees so I’ll go for their experience in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sevilla-vs-benfica-betting-benfica-can-use-previous-experience-to-seal-europa-league-triumph

Re: Europa League Final > Sevilla v Benfica > Wednesday May 14th Nice odds for Benfica in this final. Yes, it is a final and everything is possible, but after finishing 2nd in the Europa League (due to a goal in the 93th minute), national league and national cup last season, Benfica is motivated to win all three this season. On the other hand Sevilla, although a very good team, don't impress away from home: 2:2 against Maribor, 0:2 against Real Betis (mainly because they lost the first game and didn't had any other option then to win), 1:0 against Porto (where they played really bad) and 3:1 against Valencia (with a goal in the 94th minute). Benfica already won the league and the national cup and have to more finals in the week, so the motivation to complete a quadruple is enormous. After leaving the Champions League group stage they are unbeaten in the Europa League and play great not only at home, but away also. First they beat POAK 0:1, than came Tottenham 1:3, AZ Alkmaar 0:1 and finally the draw against Juventus 0:0 (really impressive result giving the fact that Juventus has 18 wins in 18 games at home in Serie A this season, moreover Benfica are the first team this season to keep Juventus goalless at home). As you can see, Benfica conceded just 1 goal in those 4 games. Both teams have some important players missing, but in the end Befica is probably the favorite here. As it is a final a slightly safer pick is Benfica DNB at 1.61 (Bet365). Good luck

Re: Europa League Final > Sevilla v Benfica > Wednesday May 14th Nice odds for Benfica in this final. Yes, it is a final and everything is possible, but after finishing 2nd in the Europa League (due to a goal in the 93th minute), national league and national cup last season, Benfica is motivated to win all three this season. On the other hand Sevilla, although a very good team, don't impress away from home: 2:2 against Maribor, 0:2 against Real Betis (mainly because they lost the first game and didn't had any other option then to win), 1:0 against Porto (where they played really bad) and 3:1 against Valencia (with a goal in the 94th minute). Benfica already won the league and the national cup and have two more finals in the week, so the motivation to complete a quadruple is enormous. After leaving the Champions League group stage they are unbeaten in the Europa League and play great not only at home, but away also. First they beat POAK 0:1, than came Tottenham 1:3, AZ Alkmaar 0:1 and finally the draw against Juventus 0:0 (really impressive result giving the fact that Juventus has 18 wins in 18 games at home in Serie A this season, moreover Benfica are the first team this season to keep Juventus goalless at home). As you can see, Benfica conceded just 1 goal in those 4 games. Both teams have some important players missing, but in the end Befica is probably the favorite here. As it is a final a slightly safer pick is Benfica DNB at 1.61 (Bet365). Good luck

Re: Europa League Final > Sevilla v Benfica > Wednesday May 14th

Don't forget about Bela Guttmann's curse.Since 1962 Benfica have lost 7 European Cup finals http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/09/14/2664953/not-in-100-years-from-now-will-benfica-win-a-european-cup. 8th tonight.
Indeed, 7 consecutive finals lost, but in the same time from the article you posted: Guttmann’s belief was that he should never stay at the same place for too long. ” Guttmann used to say. “During the first season, the coach gets to work quietly, the second is more difficult, and the third one is fatal”. Benfica were the only team in Guttmann’s career that he stayed with for three whole seasons, and the third one WAS fatal mainly because he wanted it to be. It could be that he was searching for a reason to leave? Eitherway it will be an interessting final.

Re: Europa League Final > Sevilla v Benfica > Wednesday May 14th Apart from the curse,the only other thing that bothers me about Benfica is their poor record against Spanish teams.They have failed to do so in their last 14 attempts.

Apart from the curse' date='the only other thing that bothers me about Benfica is their poor record against Spanish teams.They have failed to do so in their last 14 attempts.[/quote'] could you give us detailed fixture statistics about this? i found i miss this factor when i make bet.

could you give us detailed fixture statistics about this? i found i miss this factor when i make bet.
From a brief scan through soccerway, yes, Benfica have a poor record against Spanish sides. Sevilla have a better one against Portuguese sides. You could also argue that Benfica are stronger now than they have been for some time.

Re: Europa League Final > Sevilla v Benfica > Wednesday May 14th Tournament stats Sevilla-Goals 22 Possession 56% Total Attempts 186 On Target 77 Off Target 72 Blocked 41 Against Woodwork 4 Corners 77 Offside 41 Red Cards 1 Fouls Committed 201 Fouls Suffered 187. Tournament stats Benfica-Goals 14 Possession 49% Total Attempts 79 On Target 37 Off Target 28 Blocked 24 Against Woodwork 0 Corners 35 Offside 14 Red Cards 2 Yellow Cards 20 Fouls Committed 126 Fouls Suffered 82. Mostly its meaningless,but we need all the help we can get finding the winner in this one.Remember Sevilla have played more games in the Europa league than Benfica.

Re: Europa League Final > Sevilla v Benfica > Wednesday May 14th Sevilla vs Benfica over 2.5 goals and over 10 corners 4/1 paddy power i expect this to be an open game as both teams like to attack especially with Sevilla who can score goals like in the last two rounds also Sevilla is not good defensively so their strength is to attack and the attacking talent they have got they score anytime

Re: Europa League Final > Sevilla v Benfica > Wednesday May 14th Result: 0-0 after extra time Sevilla win on penalties (I don't think anyone got near this ... :D) I thought a draw was probably a fair result in the 90 minutes, and in extra time both sides looked tired and were a bit cautious.

Re: Europa League Final > Sevilla v Benfica > Wednesday May 14th Sevilla had some great chances but Benfica really bottled it I thought. Enzo Perez was a big miss in midfield as Benfica lacked a bit of that composure particularly in the first half and Gaitan was surprisingly shakey on the ball. Andre Gomes again did well in the first half but is very raw and we saw him dwell on the ball and make poor decisions when fatigue set in. Benfica weren't at their best but they had the chances to finish Sevilla off and were perhaps unlucky the referee didn't allow Cardozo to retake his penalty but they really should have closed out the game earlier.