** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Final > Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid > Saturday May 24th

[TABLE=class: odds bestOdds]

[TR=class: BO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Real Madrid[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]

[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]

6005.gif

[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]Draw[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]

6312.gif

[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]

6005.gif

[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Atlético de Madrid[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]

6093.gif

[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]

6005.gif

[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Champions League Final > Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid > Saturday May 24th High stakes on Over 2.5 Goals with William Hill, currently priced at 2.15 Champions league final + whole world watching = Perfect show by Cristiano Ronaldo. Two very good teams, both of them carrying plenty of goals, I just don't think Atletico will go out and defend and just wait for counter attacks. Hopefully we'll see a lot of goals and a great piece of football display.

Re: Champions League Final > Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid > Saturday May 24th Can't possibly have a bet in this race until La Liga has been decided as could make a lot of difference on what the mental condition of each team go in to it in. If Athletico win there game away at Levante and home to Malaga they will have won the league and the Barcelona game will make no difference, they would be high on confidence and would become a much more viable bet. If they don't win those games and the Barcelona game becomes crucial and they lose it and Real snatch the title from them they will not be feeling that great and Real would have a very big Incentive to win the double. Price wise at this time it looks Irrelevant what team you actually think will win or who your favourite team is as Athletico are the only possible bet because the game has been priced up ludicrously one sided on what the 2 teams have actually done so far this season

Re: Champions League Final > Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid > Saturday May 24th

Can't possibly have a bet in this race until La Liga has been decided as could make a lot of difference on what the mental condition of each team go in to it in. If Athletico win there game away at Levante and home to Malaga they will have won the league and the Barcelona game will make no difference' date=' they would be high on confidence and would become a much more viable bet. If they don't win those games and the Barcelona game becomes crucial and they lose it and Real snatch the title from them they will not be feeling that great and Real would have a very big Incentive to win the double. Price wise at this time it looks Irrelevant what team you actually think will win or who your favourite team is as Athletico are the only possible bet because the game has been priced up ludicrously one sided on what the 2 teams have actually done so far this season[/quote'] Barcelona game will not matter anyway as Atletico will win that game anyway. Do you really think that Barcelona would want to beat them or even get a draw and at the same time let Real Madrid win the league ? There is no way Barca would do that.

Barcelona game will not matter anyway as Atletico will win that game anyway. Do you really think that Barcelona would want to beat them or even get a draw and at the same time let Real Madrid win the league ? There is no way Barca would do that.
possibly but I am sure Athletico would rather be in the situation a week before this game that it makes no difference at all what happens against Barcelona, for one it gives them an extra week to prepare and for any players with niggles to get over them

Barcelona game will not matter anyway as Atletico will win that game anyway. Do you really think that Barcelona would want to beat them or even get a draw and at the same time let Real Madrid win the league ? There is no way Barca would do that.
There is no way Barcelona would roll over and let Atletico win just so Real can't win the league, that is complete nonsense. I think the league will be over by then though so the game won't matter.

There is no way Barcelona would roll over and let Atletico win just so Real can't win the league, that is complete nonsense. I think the league will be over by then though so the game won't matter.
With all respect but how is that a nonsense to you ? It's like Man Utd v Liverpool, both teams hate each other and they will do anything to make sure that they don't win the league. I'm sure that you've seen many El Cassicos in your life where people get stampted on their heads etc. Anyway that's just my opionion.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Champions League Final > Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid > Saturday May 24th 5pts Both teams to score Evs Coral I think this will be a high quality and entertaining Champions League final and one which will see a lot of flowing attacking movement, and ultimately I believe, will see both sides finding the back of the net. Atletico Madrid have shown they can score against all sides in this competition and even though Costa may not play the likes of Villa, Adrian and Koke among others they have a goal threat. It is hard to see Real not scoring so even money on both to score looks very tasty. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/real-madrid-vs-atletico-madrid-betting-both-halves-of-madrid-can-celebrate-goals-in-lisbon

Re: Champions League Final > Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid > Saturday May 24th Real Madrid to win in 90 minutes at 2.0 with William Hill. In my opinion Real played their final already and that was back in Munich at Alianz Arena... Bayern did not manage to score against Madrid for 180 minutes throughout two legs and for me that's something special. I think that RM didn't realize that Atletico and Barca will slip so many times toward the end of the season and perhaps they should have kept pressure on them right till the end. In which case tomorrow night they would have been playing for their 3rd major trophy this season. Anyway with 'BBC' being fit for this game I would expect same kind of style and attitude which they have presented in Munich. Also Ronaldo playing 'back home' if you like, champions league final, ballon d'or player of the year it's just the tailor made show for him and I think he will raise to the occasion. In terms of Atletico... I think that towards the end of the season they have ran out of steam... They almost gave away the title to Barca and certainly they've struggled to find goals in La Liga games. Good luck you you all,

Re: Champions League Final > Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid > Saturday May 24th If Turan and Costa are both out then it's like a boxer fighting with one arm. Would seriously limit the level of damage they can do to Real. I'll go as far as saying that if we find out they're both out pre-game then the title is decided.

Re: Champions League Final > Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid > Saturday May 24th I believe Atléti, Real and Barca to all have been on a par with each other this season, but the cookie had to crumble some way. So I can get that Real will be favourites with the Costa and Turan worries. But the absence of Xabi Alonso after a crazy booking against Bayern is not a small deal either. Had he played more than 26 games in La Liga, I figure he'd have made them at least ONE extra point that would have stopped them wrongly playing weakened teams at the end. The team that has all the attacking flair, but can't win games any better than Atletico when Alonso is present two-thirds of the time isn't even what they'll have in the final, so don't be fooled it's all about Atletico's absences. Remember, there was 'no Costa or Turan' in the 2nd leg when Atléti dumped Barca out of the Champions League, or for most of the last league game either, so it's hardly a bad team. I don't know, maybe Real do win, but the odds are as wide as I can possibly imagine they could be.

If Turan and Costa are both out then it's like a boxer fighting with one arm. Would seriously limit the level of damage they can do to Real. I'll go as far as saying that if we find out they're both out pre-game then the title is decided.
They played the majority of the game at the Nou Camp without them 1-0 down, and dominated the game in the 2nd half. I think we all should have learnt by now never to write Atletico off, Simeone gets a tune out of all his players.

Re: Champions League Final > Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid > Saturday May 24th Even If I thought Real would win this match I would still bet on Atletico because as a gambler you HAVE to look at the price and not Just what your personal opinion is when the prices are totally wrong. Yes Atletico are probably going to be without Turan and Costa but as someone has already said they lost them very early on against Barca and went 1-0 behind but still managed to come out in the 2nd half and play the best 20 minutes of football you will see in perhaps a couple of times in a decade. The two games against Real in the League have resulted in a 1-0 win where they were not put under much pressure and a 2-2 draw which on a day if luck had gone with them Instead of Real would have been 4-1 or even 5-1. As a gambler at the end of the game If I were to look back I would be much happier having lost £500 @ 3/1+ than losing £20 @ 23/20. Hopefully It will be a good game but on the betting side there has only been one bet for me as soon as Aletico lifted that title last week as there confidence will be even higher

Re: Champions League Final > Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid > Saturday May 24th If Pepe cant start and Varane comes in that would worry me,the two goals he gifted Juventus live long in the mind.Any news?Costa with his horse placenta injections seems to be good to go.

High stakes on Over 2.5 Goals with William Hill, currently priced at 2.15 Champions league final + whole world watching = Perfect show by Cristiano Ronaldo. Two very good teams, both of them carrying plenty of goals, I just don't think Atletico will go out and defend and just wait for counter attacks. Hopefully we'll see a lot of goals and a great piece of football display.
The overs do look attractively priced. On the other hand, Atletico's defence has been their strength, and in many games, they seem to have mastered the art of defending a narrow lead. A score of, say 1-0 to Atletico wouldn't surprise me, or a 0-0 or 1-1. On the other hand, it could be, say, 4-2 to Real or something like that. Atletico might set out to defend, and then an early Real goal or two could change everything.

Re: Champions League Final > Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid > Saturday May 24th Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid Gabi to be booked first 10/1 paddy power he has quite a few bookings this season and he will be doing quie a bit of tackling in that midfield so it wont suprise me he will get booked in this match

Ramos has been amongst the goals recently and is quite partial to a proffesional foul for the sake of the team' date=' Paddypower have him at 17-1 to score and be booked looks tempting to me along with both to score at 1.90 with pdddypower[/quote'] Was 16-1 when I backed that bet. Only €5 but thank you! :clap

Re: Champions League Final > Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid > Saturday May 24th I actually managed to lose £50 on this game even with Bet 365's awesome free bet offer. I went with a Real Madrid win and was going to back the draw in-play but stupidly went with a corners bet instead! Happy for Bale to get the winning goal though, he would have been slated in the press if Real hadn't gone on to win the trophy.