** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

April 28 - May 4

Re: April 28 - May 4 Back Ivan Dodig to win ATP Munich for a 1/10 stake at 31.00 with Pinnacle Back Andreas Seppi to win ATP Munich for a 1/10 stake at 21.00 with Ladbrokes There's nothing deep behind backing these two guys, the point is to avoid the favorites, as the list of their problems looks pretty long to me. Fabio Fognini was injured in Barcelona, Tommy Haas has been rather average since the very start of the season, Gael Monfils retired from the semis in Bucharest, Phillip Kohlschreiber retired from his match against Giraldo in Barcelona, and Mikhail Youzhny looked awful against Robin Haase in Romania. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-munich-betting-the-favorites-might-struggle-in-munich-this-week

Re: April 28 - May 4 Back Guillermo Garcia-Lopez to win ATP Oeiras for a 1/10 stake at 13.00 with Ladbrokes Back Marcel Granollers to win ATP Oeiras for a 1/10 stake at 13.00 with Paddy Power Both should like the conditions and both have already had some successes in this European clay court swing, so I fancy the two Spaniards to do well in Oeiras as well. Moreover, Tomas Berdych and Milos Raonic look quite vulnerable to me right now. http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-oeiras-betting-tomas-berdych-might-be-very-vulnerable-in-oeiras-this-week

Re: April 28 - May 4 Svetlana Kuznetsova to win WTA Portugal Open at 11.12 with Pinnacle Last week in Stuttgart was the most successful tournament for Kuznetsova this year. She defeated Simona Halep in straight sets and had a very close match against Ivanovic. While she still need to work harder to be as good form as in 2009, I don’t think top seeds like Navarro or Bouchard can dominate this event easily, so it worths to put small bet on Kuznetsova.

Re: April 28 - May 4 Back Yaroslava Shvedova to beat Karin Knapp for a 7/10 stake at 1.70 with Pinnacle Fancy Shvedova to win this despite the 0-2 record she has against Knapp, as the Italian has been very poor as of late. The return to clay might help her, of course, but Shvedova should still be too strong for her at the moment. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/shvedova-vs-knapp-betting-yaroslava-shvedova-to-beat-karin-knapp-in-oeiras-on-monday

Re: April 28 - May 4 Back Magdalena Rybarikova to beat Lucie Safarova for a 5/10 stake at 4.36 with Pinnacle Worth a punt I would say. Safarova will now have to deal with the weight of expectations after playing superbly against Sharapova last week, which is not a position that she's going to enjoy in my opinion. Rybarikova has a positive record against the Czech and she'll be under no pressure whatsoever, so I'd have her around 3.40 here, not 4.30. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rybarikova-vs-safarova-betting-magdalena-rybarikova-might-be-worth-a-punt-against-the-czech

Re: April 28 - May 4 2 picks for today and tomorrow: ATP MUNICH KARLOVIC-BROWN OVER 22 GAMES @ 1.52 on pinnaclesports ATP CHALLENGER TALLAHASSEE REYNOLDS TO DEFEAT MEISTER @ 1.45 on pinnaclesports Expect it to be a long close match. Brown is in good form on clay and probably is a favorite, but Karlovic can play well on clay better than many people think. Meister is a young US player, playing very aggressive style with game not suited for clay. Reynolds is very experienced with good game for all surfaces, should be a favorite on clay court.

Re: April 28 - May 4 Back Denis Istomin to beat Philipp Kohlschreiber for a 5/10 stake at 3.67 with Pinnacle Denis Istomin looked fine in Bucharest and he has a 4-0 record against Kohlschreiber, so I am willing to have a punt on him today, especially since the German had to retire from his match against Giraldo last time out, so chances are that he won't be at his best today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/istomin-vs-kohlschreiber-betting-denis-istomin-looks-value-against-the-german-in-munich

Re: April 28 - May 4 Back Radu Albot to beat Victor Hanescu for a 4/10 stake at 4.30 with Pinnacle I am willing to have a small punt on Radu Albot at such a big price, as I just cannot bring myself to trust Hanescu at the moment. The Moldavian will be full of confidence and motivation after making it through to the main draw, so 4.30 looks like a big price to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/albot-vs-hanescu-betting-a-big-upset-might-be-on-the-cards-in-oeiras-today

Re: April 28 - May 4 Joao Sousa V.S. Leonardo Mayer - Joao Sousa to beat Leonardo Mayer at 1.781 with Pinnacle Leonardo Mayer lost a series of clay matches before squeezing into the main draw in Oeiras. He was down 1-6, 1-3 in the final round of the qualifying draw before Baena completely falter. Joao Sousa lost in the first round last week; however I believe he is still the better player of the two. In my opinion he should be priced at 1.5-1.66, so I am willing to back him at price around 1.78

Re: April 28 - May 4

Has anyone got an opinion on the Fabio fognini v Dustin brown match and the shevonda v Bouchard match. Thanks for your time' date='help and opinions[/quote'] On instinct, I'd be tempted to take Fognini on a minus, even though he retired in his last match. He is a far superior player than Brown on clay, which was neatly illustrated in Brown's last match against Karlovic. Karlovic really isn't that great on clay and Brown only bested him in two tie-breaks. The only slight danger is whether Fognini is fit or not, but if he is I can see him winning this match with plenty to spare.

Re: April 28 - May 4 I would be very cautious when backing Fognini. In his last two matches he has completely capitulated and even in his last few wins he has had the trainer on repeatedly, virtually at every opportunity against Bautista Agut. As the previous poster said, fully fit, no problem. At the moment, with a ATP 1000 around the corner which he will want to be fit for, I'd leave him alone.

Has anyone got an opinion on the Fabio fognini v Dustin brown match and the shevonda v Bouchard match. Thanks for your time' date='help and opinions[/quote'] Nothing to add regarding the first one. Shvedova-Bouchard, tough to call. I would be inclined to have a punt on Shvedova at those big odds, but Bouchard surprised me by crushing Kleybanova yesterday - I certainly wasn't expecting her to win that easily. That's why I am going to stay away, although there might be some value on Shvedova in my opinion. Back Ons Jabeur to beat Timea Bacsinszky for a 5/10 stake at 3.73 with Pinnacle Too big a price I would say. The bookies are probably overreacting due to Bacsinszky's win over Stosur, but I am having none of that, as Jabeur is a very talented player that is certainly capable of beating her. Bacsinszky deserves to be the favorite here, but not a 1.30 one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/jabeur-vs-bacsinszky-betting-ons-jabeur-can-prove-her-talent-with-a-victory-over-timea-bacsinszky

Re: April 28 - May 4 Back Svetlana Kuznetsova (-2.5) to beat Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor for a 8/10 stake at 1.72 with Bet365 Torro-Flor's run has to stop somewhere and I think that it's going to stop today, as she simply doesn't have the right weapons for putting Kuznetsova under a lot of pressure. The Russian looked good in Stuttgart and she's started her Oeiras campaign with a fine victory as well, so I expect her to win this match and to win it well. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kuznetsova-vs-torro-flor-betting-the-russian-has-what-it-takes-to-stop-torro-flor-in-oeiras

Re: April 28 - May 4 Back Irina Begu to beat Timea Bacsinszky for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Unibet More than happy to go against Bacsinszky once again, as Jabeur had plenty of chances to make that match much longer and much tighter. I rate Begu as the better clay court player of the two and she did really well to beat Kaia Kanepi yesterday, so I think that chances are that she's going to win this at the end of the day. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/begu-vs-bacsinszky-betting-irina-begu-has-what-it-takes-to-deal-with-timea-bacsinszky

Re: April 28 - May 4 Back Pablo Cuevas to beat Milos Raonic for a 5/10 stake at 3.50 with BetVictor Those who read my tournament preview know that I don't fancy Raonic's chances of going well this week, so I am going to have a small punt against him in his opening match. Pablo Cuevas is a very good clay court player in his own right - and the tough conditions should allow him to match the Canadian in virtually every single department of the game. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cuevas-vs-raonic-betting-pablo-cuevas-looks-value-against-the-canadian-number-one-in-oeiras

Does anyone have adice for the tommy hass v falla match. Would love some opinions on this match. Thanks for all help and opinions.
Haas hasn't played for quite some time now, so it's hard to say anything about him. That said, Falla wasn't all that great about Nieminen from what I've heard, it was mainly about Nieminen not turning up at all. Haas should obviously win this, but I see no value in the 1.40 or so, since he's been off the courts for a really long time. Back Federico Delbonis (-2.5) to beat Thomaz Bellucci for a 7/10 stake at 1.95 with BetVictor I like the look of Federico Delbonis here, as he has a 3-0 record against the Brazilian that includes a victory from earlier this year. Bellucci has done nothing special as of late, so I just cannot bring myself to trust him at the moment. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/delbonis-vs-bellucci-betting-federico-delbonis-can-beat-thomaz-bellucci-for-the-fourth-time-in-a-row

Re: April 28 - May 4 I completely agree on Delbonis v. Bellucci. 3-0 for Delbonis, all on clay for only one lost (tiebreak) set. Bellucci is in poor form while Delbonis is becoming a really solid clay court player, winning his first title in Sao Paolo earlier this year. Best offer right now is 1.71, Pinnacle at 1.65 and avg. odds from betbrain down at 1.60. Very tempting to grab some on Delbonis in the high 1.60's.

Is anyone else surprised by just how easily Suarez-Navarro seems to be sweeping through Oerias? I thought after her retirement against Halep she could be in trouble this week as top seed.
I believe it was against Errani. But anyway, just slightly surprised really, as she was able to continue against Errani and played a few semi-decent games before calling it a day. It probably wasn't anything serious then - and she certainly is a very good clay court player right now.

Re: April 28 - May 4 Back Denis Istomin to beat Martin Klizan for a 7/10 stake at 2.50 with Bet365 I'll have yet another punt on Istomin, as I don't think that he deserves to be such a big underdog here. Klizan hasn't done anything special as of late and he is still very hit-or-miss, so there is every chance that he is going to struggle against the solid clay court tennis that Istomin is capable of. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/istomin-vs-klizan-betting-denis-istomin-can-deliver-against-martin-klizan-in-munich

Re: April 28 - May 4 Back Ricardas Berankis to beat Jan-Lennard Struff for a 5/10 stake at 3.62 with Pinnacle Worth a punt I would say. Jan-Lennard Struff might be the better player of the two, but he's certainly not the most consistent performer around, so Berankis shouldn't be left without any chances whatsoever. I'd have him around 2.70 here at most really. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/berankis-vs-struff-betting-ricardas-berankis-has-what-it-takes-to-upset-yet-another-opponent-in-munich

Re: April 28 - May 4 Carla Suarez Navarro V.S Irina-Camelia Begu – Begu +6 @ 1.91 with Pinnacle We all know that Navarro had chances to win the title in last two years but just gave it away. She sweeps into the semifinal in this tournament, now everyone seems to expect her to win another easy match and then very likely to win the championship. But this could put extra pressure on herself, especially after what she has gone through in the last two years. When she is in control of the match, no problem at all. But if the match becomes closer, she can become tight and her not-so-strong mentality is a negative factor to her game. Begu was the champion and the runner up of two ITF events recently, which shows she is in good form. Even though her chance to win this match is slim, she should be able to produce a closer game than expected.