** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 29 April 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Bayern München v Real Madrid (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th Real look slightly too big for sure, but I wouldn't be backing them for the win when a draw will suffice. They have a terrible record in Germany also, and were lucky in the end against Dortmund who battered them in Germany. Still though, with Pep's style they will yet again have the majority of the ball and they will find it hard to score against a well organised Madrid side. Mandzukic was dreadful tonight, Mueller should start the next leg.

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th I saw some of the first half of Bayern's game at home to Bremen today. Final score was 5-2 to Bayern, but Bremen lead 2-1 at the break and certainly looked very dangerous on the break in the first half. Bayern's defence were really struggling - and I think it was pretty much a first choice line-up in defence. It just highlighted how vulnerable they can be. The Real Madrid attack is probably at least one class above Bremen's so I could certainly see Real scoring at least one goal here, perhaps more. The later in the game it is, if Real are still ahead on aggregate, the more dangerous Real will be.

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th I think this time Real Madrid are doomed.They were outplayed in the 1st leg and were lucky not to concede.Last week i tipped Real Madrid to win FT and HT\FT and i won,but this time they won't do it.Bayern were not shining yesterday against Werder but at the end,they managed to do a turnover to win impressively by scoring 5 against 2.Once again Bayern will attack from the very beginning while Real Madrid will sit back and hit on coutner-attacks like they did in the previous meeting.When asked about Real Madrid's bad streak in Germany,Ancelotti said that it may be true,but he has good memories when visiting to Germany.And he was right.I think this statistic is not about the players but the fans.But let's face it.The Spaniards had good opportunities to score in Spain while Bayern were just possessing the ball without real threads.Now,it would be different.Real Madrid are tight at the back,fast going forward but this time won't score i think.Pep knows that if he scores first,then Real Madrid should start attacking either and this is the time when Bayern would tear the apart.We saw that the Germans tend to concede easy goals when they are going forward.That was the case in both their games against United.But then somehow they find the net,avoiding the defeat.The Germans will attack from the beginning and an early goal is very likely to be seen.My bets would be as follows:Bayern\Bayern HT\FT @2.5 High stakes,Bayern to win&BTTS-No @ 3.25 and Bayern to score between 0.00-9.59mins @6 with medium to low stakes ,and a sporting punt on Correct Score 2:0 @10 all with bet365

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th BTS is very likely for me when two teams if this calibre meet eachother. Bayern needs goals but they are struggeling lately to keep cleansheets even against some weaker opponents. Really tough one to call pre-game so I also think goals is the best option. No way Madrid in this kind of form will blank in Munchen. Way too much firepower and Bale fully fit again. A madrid goal would open this game up like a magic box full of goals. I might try over 2.5 goals and either team to win with some low stakes not sure yet. I will definitely enjoy watching cause I missed the first tie due work.

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th first half= RM +.25 @evens If Guardiola doesn't adjust his strategy My thoughts: Bayern will come out again with pep guardiolas overemphasis on possession and they will keep passing backwards/without enough creative/goal scoring intent, as they will be too worried about at RM counter. So the game will stay close, maybe RM picks a goal on the counter, maybe bayern get's one on a corner or a cross or something. Later in the game Robben and crew will take it into his own hands and maybe part from guardiolas strategies somewhat to get something going, maybe it will work. Obviously that is just how I see things perhaps panning out, I don't know though, but I like RM on the first half line. I also like just RM bets in general at that price.

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th Need to think more about this one but that price on Bayern looks a joke tbh. Bayern will dominate possession but they havent impressed me in the matches vs Arsenal, United or Madrid in all honesty. We were battering them at the Emirates until we went down to 10 men and then got a draw with a patched up team in Munich. United were in the tie until late in the second leg and we know the season they are having. Munich had a problem creating clear chance in Madrid, alot of sterile possession and only Robben trying anything different. Ribery was shackled well. Should be intriguing as Bayern will have all the ball but Madrid are the most dangerous counter-attacking side in Europe. The only question would be whether their defence can hold up and maintain discipline, not make mistakes as Bayern will be up to their antics, looking for pens. Can definitely see Madrid scoring, BTTS has to be an option here. I would have had Bayern priced close to 2.50.

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th

first half= RM +.25 @evens If Guardiola doesn't adjust his strategy My thoughts: Bayern will come out again with pep guardiolas overemphasis on possession and they will keep passing backwards/without enough creative/goal scoring intent, as they will be too worried about at RM counter. So the game will stay close, maybe RM picks a goal on the counter, maybe bayern get's one on a corner or a cross or something. Later in the game Robben and crew will take it into his own hands and maybe part from guardiolas strategies somewhat to get something going, maybe it will work. Obviously that is just how I see things perhaps panning out, I don't know though, but I like RM on the first half line. I also like just RM bets in general at that price.
Interesting. I also think Bayern's best chance is a player mutiny against Guardiola's football and to take the shackles off. Robben, Ribery bombing down the flanks and cutting inside or feeding the striker. And Schwein spraying EARLY balls forward to turn Real's defense around, not 500 passes which eventually result in a Real counter-attack. Want to see Robben flying down the flank with Rafinha overlapping and running circles around Coentrao. Unfortunately I doubt I'll see many of these things. However if in the second half things get desperate like deadeye said, then you never know.

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th Ok I see all you guys saying Bayern too short,early christmas in april etc but let's face some FACTS: - Bayern are the reigning europian champions and they'll be fully motivated to defend their title - Bayern enjoys great records against Real,this is the 6th semifinal between the two and Bayern has failed to play the final only ONCE - Bayern has won 7 out of 8 home games played in Champions against Real and has drawn only ONCE - Bayern scored the earliest goal in Champions League history exactly against Real after only 10 seconds with Makaay back in 2007 meaning that Bayern needs only a few seconds to find the back of the net and to crush Real - Bayern will have a great support from their fans while it will be an extremely hostile atmosphere for Real...we all saw how it end up in Dortmund for los merengues...they could be eleminated if they weren't that lucky! All in all,I bilieve that anything above 2.6 odds are valuable to take on Bayern ht-ft cause I doubt that Real will keep a clean sheet again after holding only 25 or 30% of posession! Especially with the news that Pepe might not feature...

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th When these two sides met last week I must admit I was pretty sweet on Bayern Munich and I had a bet on them at 2/1. As expected, they had the majority of the possession but I don't think I have ever seen a side that wastes possession so much. They lacked any cutting edge in the final third of the pitch and Mandzukic was virtually non existant. Real Madrid didn't need the ball, they were happy to sit back and let Bayern come on to them. Then, once they nicked the ball, they counter attacked and with Ronaldo's pace they caused them all sorts of problems. I don't think the game plan is going to change for either side here strangely enough as Real Madrid will feel confident they can sit back and defend. Cristiano Ronaldo will be pretty angry with himself for missing a couple of great opportunities in the first leg that could have sealed the tie. Karim Benzema had an astounding game, the Frenchman worked himself into the ground and got on the end of the low cross across the box to tap it into the net. There is no doubt that this Bayern side are there for the taking at the back. The most obvious value for me is Real Madrid +1 European Handicap which looks a terrific price at 6/5 with Sky Bet. With potentially Ronaldo, Bale, Di Maria etc on the field it is hard to think that Madrid wont have some great opportunities as Bayern venture forward in numbers. Because Mandzukic was so bad the last night I won't be surprised if Thomas Muller starts this game. he has more pace and offers much more of a threat in my opinion. It promises to be a great game but I fancy Madrid to get over the winning line. Real Madrid +1 EH @ 6/5 Sky Bet - Register for a Free £30 Bet!

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th Pure gamble this one. Totally avoiding it and just watching the beatiful game :) but I got a strange feeling that Bayern scoring no goals in Spain has killed them here. Real Madrid surely will score there, Bayern aren't that impressive defensively. Maybe BTTS...?

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th 4pts Over 3 goals (AH) 1.95 BetVictor I get the feeling Real Madrid will need to score to qualify for the final but I certainly believe that is in their capacity. Bayern know they have to score twice at some point in the night if they are to progress so I expect to see a much higher scoring game than the first leg was. Both sides had chances to score more in the first leg and now is the time to be more clinical so I like over 3 goals here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bayern-munich-vs-real-madrid-betting-expect-a-few-goals-as-this-semi-final-is-decided

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th Let's recapitulate most of the first match, 4W-1L gone! [ATTACH]5949[/ATTACH] 29.04.2014 BAYERN MUNCHEN vs REAL MADRID 5 Tips... Offsides. Bayern will try to gain control of the ball in which Real Madrid will feel comfortable to give possesion and trying to act on the counter. If Bayern gets overcome three quarters and we know how play teams of Guardiola, playing and playing in front of the opponent's area until someone pulls a mistake , and that usually does it at the limit of offside. Bayern accumulates 30 offsides in European competition , averaging a total of 3 per game. So let's try this bet as I believe that the opponent and the type of match is quite affordable to its fulfillment. High stake! How often will Bayern be caught offside? Pick: Over 2,5 at 1.8 Bwin 7u How often will Bayern be caught offside in the 1st half? Pick: Over 1,5 at 2.3 Bwin 6u How often will Bayern be caught offside in the 2nd half? Pick: Over 1,5 at 2.3 Bwin 6u and 2 more tips to come, in short time... The match referee Pedro Proenca from Portugal. Portuguese referee show a lot of cards in the Champions League. This season between all referees he is the most yellow card showing average 5 in this competition. In these 5 games has shown 24 yellow cards and one red card. Therefore average 4.80 cards per game, a high for what you used to see in the Champions League value. Madrid will come out in defense Carvajal, Ramos, Pepe and Coentrao , plus Xabi Alonso, Di Maria , Modric , Bale, CR7 and Benzema. On the right side Carvajal will have to defend Ribery and Alaba, two bullets that can do great damage to Madrid. Carvajal will have to defend well or even better than in the Bernabeu. In fact , in the first leg , Carvajal had a fe actions against Ribery , but Webb refused to show him the card. If this same situation Proenca had lived , he would have painted with yellow card without hesitation. But do not speak of a single action throughout the game from Carvajal , otherwise than in the way he had more than 3 controversial actions where the referee should have booked him. Today we have a meeting where Bayern attack more aggressive and therefore , displaying that Ribery will attempt to overwhelm Carvajal on his band will play to the limit to stop it , I hope do not disappoint us referee Proenca and shows the yellow card. Will Daniel Carvajal (RM) get a card? Yes at 2.7 Unibet 7u Real Madrid can get a counterattack launched by Bale, Ronaldo, Di Maria or Benzema and will be seen with genuine fear by Pep Guardiola after what he received in the first leg at Bernabeu. There in Madrid, Bayern did not stop counters virtually without making foul , which meant that Madrid could finish most of them , being several times near the goal (!) Today I think the slogan is clear: stop any sign of counter from Real Madrid to avoid danger whenever can do away from the area. With a presumably advanced bavarian defense team turned to the comeback, the core will be key to curb these kickbacks. So I think the chances that there are cards in the defense of Bayern Munich are very, very high. Remember that none from defense of Bayern might lose the final, that is, everyone can see a card with relative ease ahead of the hypothetical end in Lisbon. Finally and obviously the player, Dante. The Brazilian has seen 3 yellow cards in the Champions League , which means that it has already lost a match disqualified : it was the first leg against Manchester United. In the Champions League has played 8 games and has 3 important match at the Allianz Arena (City, Arsenal and Manchester United) have seen card in 2 (vs Manchester City and Arsenal). The other card saw in Moscow against CSKA. Therefore , it seems a high rate card considering the amount of games played and the competition that it has. Today will not be worried about the final because he is not warned by what , as I said above, the probability that a card display to Dante is high. Will Dante (Bayern) get a card? Yes at 4.2 Unibet 5u Good Luck! FORZA BARÇA

post-52192-14429286354564_thumb.jpg

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th Half Time Score: Bayern Munich 0-0 Real Madrid 14/5 @ Bwin Full Time Score: Bayern Munich 1-0 Real Madrid 19/2 @ BetVictor Under 2.5 Goals 6/4 @ BetVictor Bayern Munich to win on Penalties 45/1 @ Paddy Power Real Madrid to win on Penalties 45/1 @ Paddy Power I won't be going big on these bets as this game is so tough to call. However, i'm not convinced we will see a goalfest here. It wouldn't make sense for Bayern to go all out attack in this game as they know that an away goal for Madrid will mean they need 3 to qualify. Instead i think they will start off quite conservatively and only start pressing for a goal in the second half so for me 0-0 at half-time is a good price at 14/5. Madrid will play on the counter and let Bayern have all the possession they want and i can see both teams being scared to concede particularly Bayern. Therefore, Under 2.5 goals looks quite appealing at 6/4. In the unlikely event that this game does go to extra-time i think we are unlikely to see a goal with both teams being more scared to concede than looking to score and towards the end they would probably both settle for a penalty shootout. Guardiola and Ancelotti are both brilliant managers and i think this will be a great tactical game but i don't see a lot of goals in this one despite the great attacking talent on show.

Ok I see all you guys saying Bayern too short,early christmas in april etc but let's face some FACTS: - Bayern are the reigning europian champions and they'll be fully motivated to defend their title - Bayern enjoys great records against Real,this is the 6th semifinal between the two and Bayern has failed to play the final only ONCE - Bayern has won 7 out of 8 home games played in Champions against Real and has drawn only ONCE - Bayern scored the earliest goal in Champions League history exactly against Real after only 10 seconds with Makaay back in 2007 meaning that Bayern needs only a few seconds to find the back of the net and to crush Real - Bayern will have a great support from their fans while it will be an extremely hostile atmosphere for Real...we all saw how it end up in Dortmund for los merengues...they could be eleminated if they weren't that lucky! All in all,I bilieve that anything above 2.6 odds are valuable to take on Bayern ht-ft cause I doubt that Real will keep a clean sheet again after holding only 25 or 30% of posession! Especially with the news that Pepe might not feature...
This is all true (the facts) but keep in mind Bayern(Bavaria) won last 5(if i recall correctly) matches in Munich with scores 2:1 against Real Madrid..... and if such scores repeats for the 6th time it is Real who advances obviously I think Real Madrid this time (mainly thanks to their coach) has 60% chances of qualifying.... It all depends who scores first..... If Bayern scores 1:0 ''early'' (before 30th min) then I see huge problems for Real Madrid, but if score is 0:0 or 0:1 by the 60th minute, I see no hope for Guardiolas side...... Real Madrid will not concede 3 goals in a couple of minutes like Werder did.... So for goal bets, it all depends who scores first.... if Real Madrid scores 0:1 I can see over 2,5 easily with their counterattacking perfection....

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th It is worth bearing in mind that Bayern have been woeful in their last 3 home Champions League games. Lost 3-2 against Man City, drew 1-1 with Arsenal and United took the lead there and a lapse of concentration cost them. Real Madrid are streets ahead of those three english sides at the moment.

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th For me this game could go either way in terms of goals. Who scores first will have a big impact, both teams will have chances. Where I see value betting wise is in the corner supremacy market. Munich -4 @ 5/6 Munich -5 @ 6/5 Munich -9 @ 11/2 15 v 3 in the first leg in Bayerns favour. (And Madrids strategy paid off so I don't see them trying to change it, and Guardiola isn't going to change the habit of a lifetime!) At home it was 14-0 in their 3-2 loss to Man City. At home it was 11-3 in their favour v Man Utd. They attack down the flanks, don't shoot from distance, get the ball in the box a lot. They get corner kicks and set up to do so in this kind of game. Real break at pace, shoot from anywhere. Often attack through the middle. Madrid habitually win few corners, especially in big games. I see -4 @ 5/6 as a safe bet. (6 points?) If you want odds against stretch it to -5...(5 points?) Bet either of the above if you are looking to turn a profit tonight, I like both. And for me the 11/2 for -9 is worth 2 points if you are the gambler looking for a flutter at big odds or even if you play the percentages over the long term 11/2 looks too big. Odds are from paddy power, shop around and you might get better.

It is worth bearing in mind that Bayern have been woeful in their last 3 home Champions League games. Lost 3-2 against Man City, drew 1-1 with Arsenal and United took the lead there and a lapse of concentration cost them. Real Madrid are streets ahead of those three english sides at the moment.
exactly my thoughts. Although I do feel Bayern is ready to put on the season. Just like Dortmund did against Real Madrid three weeks ago. Let's not forget that Real Madrid usually have a lot of trouble in Germany (well, except Schalke 04 in the 1/8s, but that shouldn't even count, Schalke 04 just knows in playing wide open and Real Madrid were on best form of the season), but I do feel Real Madrid will also be ready for the performance of the season. I think we will have a great match. First half will be more quiet, Bayern will try to over-conserve possession, they might as well reach the 70-75%. They know that they have to stop counter-attacking approach from Real, so the best trick is to keep the ball at all costs. Slowly, they will start their engines and push it hard on RM on the final 10 minutes of the 1st half. Real Madrid will have their chances as Bayern Munchen can't really stop counter-attacks without keeping the possession, and with such pacers upfront (Di Maria, Ronaldo, Bale if he plays, Benzema), Bayern is up for a hard task there. Neuer could be important here, and he usually overperforms in moments like this. But I don't think he can stop Real Madrid from scoring at least once. That makes BTTS a serious contender for bet of the day, even if at low odds. If there is an early goal, we are on for a shedfest of goals IMO. Wouldn't be surprising to see a 2-2, 3-2 in case of an early goal. But I seriously don't expect it, as Guardiola doesn't want the game to be cut open in the first half of the match, and to try avoiding nervous breakdown from his team. Yesterday, I thought Bayern would go through. Today, I think Bayern will win, but Real Madrid will qualify to Lisbon. I'm doing just a small punt here: 2-1 @ 8.50.

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th A lot of sensible comments in here and I think I pretty much agree with the consensus that unless Bayern change their approach to the game it is difficult to see them qualifying. I've got a big bet on Bayern winning the competition, placed months ago, but I would now be surprised to see them win it. As I said on here before they are lacking the midfield craft that Thiago gives them, Kroos is pretty similar but doesn't have Thiago's dribbling ability or craft on the ball, that for me is a big reason why attacks seem to be breaking down in the final third. So much of the creative side is now lying with Robben as Ribery has been dreadful for a while, Pep messing around with how the full backs overlap hasn't really helped on the wings either. If you look at this objectively it is totally and utterly ideal for Madrid, they have the quickest attack on the planet and Bayern's slow defence could be brutally exposed if they hold such a high line as they seem to constantly do. Bayern have the players required to win the competition - no doubt about that at all - but the tactics are failing. Martinez needs to start in defensive midfield 100% for me only he has the mobility to help out the defence and help cut out the counter attacks, he is always reliable in defensive midfield. Bild are predicting - Neuer; Alaba, Dante, Boateng, Lahm; Ribery, Kroos, Muller, Schwein, Robben; Mandzukic. Kicker are predicting Martinez to start ahead of Kroos but I think this is unlikely, I would have Martinez start ahead of Schwein though. Madrid team picks itself. As for bets? Not for me, I would rather sit back and enjoy the game for a change. BTTS seems like the best play as it is difficult to imagine Madrid holding out against 65-75% possession for 90 mins but equally they will get at least 5-10 presentable chances on the counter with a fit Bale and Ronaldo there now too and I can't see them not taking at least 1. The first goal will be key. I'm hoping for a Bayern win but preparing myself for a Madrid smash and grab.

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th I don't think it's a coincidence that Bayern's only midfielder who looks completely comfortable with Pep's style Thiago is Spanish. Martinez is also Spanish but he was brought up playing the Basque style of play and when he was linked to Barca under Pep they wanted to play him as a centre half. These Germans have been brought up playing a different type of football and Pep will need time to make his Bayern side truly effective and may need to look at La Liga for players if they are to return to the top of European football. I backed Madrid in the first leg and already backed them on the +0.5 AH for the same reasons. Bayern will play the same way as they have done all season allowing Madrid to pack their own half making them tough to break down and this will give Ronaldo, Benzema and Bale plenty of chances on the counter. Real should have been a few goals up before Bayern looked threatening at all and I think Bayern to score their first goal in the second half at 9/4 WilliamHill looks a very nice price as well. We've seen Bayern struggle to score in this competition time and time again until relatively late in the second half as fatigue sets in which happened against Arsenal and United. Although they didn't score Gotze and Muller had good chances during the dieing stages in Madrid as well. It seems as if Bayern often struggle to score until the opposition gets tired so that could be a good be but I usually don't bet on the goals market so I may just stick with my bet on Madrid.

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid over 2.5 goals and over 12 corners 2/1 paddy power this is going to be a great match as these two are desperate to win so overs for goals and corners looks nailed on as it is going to be end to end stuff with both teams desperate to score so expect plenty of chances

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th Over 2.5 Bayern has to go with 'all in' attitude because if Real goes through then this season will be considered as slight failure besides Bundesliga trophy. I'm sure Real will try to kill Bayern by scoring goal or two (at least in some counter attacks). Guardiola knows Real pretty well and they will probably count on that so scoring goals away will make Real's life much easier.

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th LINE-UPS - Bayern Munich v Real Madrid, Agg: 0-1 (19:45 BST) Bayern Munich: Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba; Schweinsteiger, Kroos; Robben, Mueller, Ribery; Mandzukic. Subs: Raeder, van Buyten, Martinez, Rafinha, Pizarro, Gotze, Hojbjerg Real Madrid: Casillas; Carvajal, Ramos, Pepe, Coentrao; Modric, Alonso, di Maria; Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo. Subs: Diego Lopez, Varane, Marcelo, Casemiro, Morata, Isco, Illarra.

Re: FC Bayern München v Real Madrid > Tuesday April 29th FC Bayern vs Real Madrid It has been a weird first game between Real Madrid and Bayern München. A game that was totally dominated by Bayern München in terms of ball possession, created a lot of critics in the press and especially Pep Guardiola felt the need of explaining himself after the game. He was pretty confident about the way he lets his team play football and also underlined how damn difficult it is to reach this far in this tough competiton called Champions League. However, he also realized what his team was missing in the first leg game and saying so just shows how objective Guardiola analyses the situation. Social Media platforms were booming with people blaming ball possession football, claiming that the result is what is most important. Both Real Madrid and Chelsea, who approached their half finals very defensively and counter attacked based, seem to prove that defending and playing score orientated is more valuable than playing “good” football. Before giving away my personal opinion about which philosophy of football I personally prefer, I want to talk about the first leg game. To analyze a game, you can always just look at the game itself, but also try to create a broader view by comparing games. Whole England and Spain, especially Man Utd and Barcelona fans keep asking for great Jürgen Klopp to join and coach their respective teams. Jürgen Klopp likes to play a mixture of defending strongly and playing quick vertical football. But it was also Klopp who lost against Real in their away game with a score of 3:0. He tries to defend strong and not hold the ball too long and try to go for the quick counter attacks themselves. Of course Dortmund had misses, but this score has impressed me a lot and as someone who is only following Bundesliga closely I recognized that Real Madrid had made the next step as a team during this season. Real Madrid with their Italian coach Carlo Ancelotti has an impressive squad this season. Casillas (no words needed to express his qualities), Carvajal (amazing development in Germany and keeps the level in Spain), Pepe and Ramos (strong and aggressive defenders), Coentrao (very offensive minded and with the huge sprint for the 1:0 assist), Xabi Alonso – Modric – Isco (technically strong and great passing midfeld, really important for the counter attack passes), Ronaldo – Benzema – Di Maria (quick paced, high individual quality, strong finishing quality). This first eleven is capable of defending strong, attacking through the wings also with the help of their full backs and also hold the ball themselves at times with the strong technical midfield. With the likes of Illarramendi, Bale and Varane, Real Madrid also got three players on from the bench that did not cause any decrease in overall quality. Having a look at this qualities and comparing it to the post match statistics will explain why most of the Bayern players were proud after the game. Robben was praising his team’s effort and the look in the commentators face was already explaining what would follow in the press and social media platforms. How can a team be proud of 64% Ball Possession, 16 to 9 total shot attemps (5 off target, 11 on target, 6 attempts blocked), 15 to 3 corners, 840 to 410 passes, 699 to 272 passes completed (all stats taken from uefa.com). Well as an objective person that has not seen the game; I would be overwhelmed by those statistics and would say that Bayern has been impressive and that the score of 1:0 is not fair. So why did Bayern not win? This question leads to the aspect many people criticize. The ->Quality

first half= RM +.25 @evens If Guardiola doesn't adjust his strategy My thoughts: Bayern will come out again with pep guardiolas overemphasis on possession and they will keep passing backwards/without enough creative/goal scoring intent, as they will be too worried about at RM counter. So the game will stay close, maybe RM picks a goal on the counter, maybe bayern get's one on a corner or a cross or something. Later in the game Robben and crew will take it into his own hands and maybe part from guardiolas strategies somewhat to get something going, maybe it will work. Obviously that is just how I see things perhaps panning out, I don't know though, but I like RM on the first half line. I also like just RM bets in general at that price.
:rollin didn't really see the the set piece goals coming but I'm sure everyone who backed Madrid for high stakes is laughing right now. the bookies are probably crying lol, with those odds they had. Is it Guardiola who taught bayern that zonal set piece coverage? It's not looking good for him, but it's partly the players fault of course as well.