** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

BBOTD Thursday 24th April

Re: BBOTD Thursday 24th April Beverley 330 - Arizona John 20/1 William Hill BOG This is the first flat race I have looked at for tomorrow but this one is such a big price if you can ignore his last two AW runs, that I know I wont find better value anywhere else. He showed consistent form on this type of ground last season running above an RPR of 80 3 times in his last 6 runs. The only time he didnt in that sequence has been under Stephen Crainie who was also his jockey for the two AW runs and also two runs a few seasons back where he was miles off the pace. Fanning is up on board tomorrow and there could be a big gamble coming up, which I think also happened on one of his first starts last season if I remember rightly? May be worth waiting to see if any money does come for him tomorrow, but I am happy to take that chance.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 24th April 7:55 Brighton - Seven Lucky Seven (7/1 BetVictor) 1pt Win A competitive sprint and hard to rule out any of the field. Baltic Brave could well improve now switched to handicaps and he is a danger to all if ready to go on his reappearance but is very short in the betting on the basis of what he has achieved to date. I quite like the chances of Seven Lucky Severn on debut for the Littmoden yard. My selection was very well backed when he ran at this course previously (his second career start) and although he failed to make the frame on that day, he has subsequently run well enough on a couple of occasions to suggest that there could be some races to be won with him off a mark of 55. I think he was worth chancing on his return to the turf and drop back down in trip.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 24th April 19.55 Brighton: Iseemist @ 6/1 Paddy Power I feel this filly will greatly benefit from a drop in trip. She clearly looked like a filly that doesn't get home over 7f in her last couple of starts, while running well nonetheless. Particularly impressive was her most recent effort in my mind. She had the widest draw to overcome, crossed over and disputed the lead early on, burning loads of energy in the first couple of furlongs, as the pace was really on too. She benefited from the pace in a way that she travelled strongly and looked to be in with every chance turning for home. However she hit a brick wall over 1f out. I feel back on turf, with ground she has shown form on in the past, over a shorter trip, she can win a race of her current mark.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 24th April Perth 4:20 Dr Richard Newland can do no wrong at the moment and it is not often he brings a horse to Perth so it is always interesting when he comes here. This is only his third visit to the track but he won here before with this horse, Bobowen. This horse won very well on his only run here at Perth and although he is now 18 pounds higher in the weights, he has improved a lot since then too. He has had a 7 month break and now coming back with the stable in their best form ever, he has to come into calculations at 12/1. He won the Listed Betfred Summer Plate at Market Rasen by 9 lengths last July so he clearly has a lot of ability and if he is anywhere near his best tomorrow he could take a lot of beating. Bobowen WIN @ 12/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Thursday 24th April 4-00 Beverly Magnolia Ridge each way 16/1 bet365 Won penultimate run and still 4lbs higher but dont think 1m4 on soft ground really suits so drop back to winning distance will be a lot better. Good to firm forecasted tomorrow and record of 3-1-2 on good to good to firm. Jacob butterfield continues to take the ride with his 5lb claim , has a good record with Kristin Stubbs , 5/25 on turf and 2/3 here with one more placing. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Re: BBOTD Thursday 24th April Perth 3.20 - Ballyben (e/w, 16/1 BetVictor) A horse who arrives with some solid consistent runs over 2013 and the start of this year his last win coming at Hexham in October 2013. Since that win he has run 3,2,3,3,4 and he's been well fancied on a number of those runs and goes off a much bigger price today albeit in a tougher looking race. Needs to raise his game to win but not beyond him if at his best.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 24th April 420 Perth: Dare Me 18/1 Coral Although Venetia Williams has gone off the boil lately i'm taking a chance with Dare Me here now the ground has eased. I was at Warwick the day he won by half the track and looked very impressive and last time at the Aintree Festival he ran much better than his finishing position suggests. His 7th in the Grand Annual was also a fair effort. This is weaker and has been dropped a couple of pounds and with the recent rain and extra trip he could be overpriced.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 24th April 4.20 Perth - 1pt win Roudoudou Ville @ 9/1 (Hills) You have to take more of a leap of faith with Victor Dartnell's charge but is well-treated on old form and showed something more like it back over fences last time at Fontwell. Hopefully he can build on that now and Dartnell has a fine record when sending horses up to Perth (4-11). Has had his problems since a close 3rd off 145 at Cheltenham in 2011 but has had excuses on runs since (obviously two year absence, lost action on bottomless ground). Took a step forward when not beaten as far at Fontwell last time out - possibly just outstayed after they went hard over 2m6f. Denis O'Regan is 2-2 on the horse and at the age of 9 he shouldn't be done with just yet. Yard had a winner yesterday and I'm hoping this one can bounce back to resume his progress from 2011.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 24th April 1440 warwick 1pt win apricot sky 5/2 willy hills 4 year old gelding has only the one win from 4 turf starts,and that was over todays distance,but more important on firm ground,and if the ground can remain good he must have a decent chance here

Re: BBOTD Thursday 24th April 3.30 Bev - Brigadoon - win at 11/4 bog bet365 CD winner who put a couple of poor AW runs behind him when winning on his return to turf last time out. Good traveller who usually sits behind the pace and can quicken when given a shove The going is no problem and he's now won on his last 3 turf starts over this trip Not overly keen on the favourite, Omnipresent who's disappointed a few times and looks very one paced - so take him on with an in form horse who acts on the track, at the trip and on the going !

Re: BBOTD Thursday 24th April 5.15 Beverley - GOLD CLASS Ran well enough in his 4 races as a 2 year old, running ratings of 67-50-72-48. I feel the rating he achieved on debut was reasonably fair (looking at the runners around him that day they are now rated 68,68,77 and 73) but I think he was flattered slightly at Beverley when he ran to a rating of 72 from the favoured stall 1. That said, even if the 72 looks high enough, the 2 horses that beat him are now rated 73 and 72.  He gets in today off a mark of 59, however, which looks very lenient. I think you can ignore his final run of last season at Nottingham - he either didn't like the soft ground or wasn't right that day but it definitely wasn't his true running.  If Ed McMahon has him revved up today, I fully expect him to demonstrate he is well in off his rating of 59.  1 pt win @ 7/1 Bet 365 Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum

Re: BBOTD Thursday 24th April

5.15 Beverley - GOLD CLASS Ran well enough in his 4 races as a 2 year old, running ratings of 67-50-72-48. I feel the rating he achieved on debut was reasonably fair (looking at the runners around him that day they are now rated 68,68,77 and 73) but I think he was flattered slightly at Beverley when he ran to a rating of 72 from the favoured stall 1. That said, even if the 72 looks high enough, the 2 horses that beat him are now rated 73 and 72.  He gets in today off a mark of 59, however, which looks very lenient. I think you can ignore his final run of last season at Nottingham - he either didn't like the soft ground or wasn't right that day but it definitely wasn't his true running.  If Ed McMahon has him revved up today, I fully expect him to demonstrate he is well in off his rating of 59.  1 pt win @ 7/1 Bet 365 Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum
Should read 1715 WARWICK Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum

Re: BBOTD Thursday 24th April rockchasebullet 3.20 catches my eye today. goes up in trip which i think will suit well and gets in off a mark of 112 which is fine, especially as the trip could see improvement. ground fine and this race is there for the taking. 1pt win

Beverley 330 - Arizona John 20/1 William Hill BOG This is the first flat race I have looked at for tomorrow but this one is such a big price if you can ignore his last two AW runs, that I know I wont find better value anywhere else. He showed consistent form on this type of ground last season running above an RPR of 80 3 times in his last 6 runs. The only time he didnt in that sequence has been under Stephen Crainie who was also his jockey for the two AW runs and also two runs a few seasons back where he was miles off the pace. Fanning is up on board tomorrow and there could be a big gamble coming up, which I think also happened on one of his first starts last season if I remember rightly? May be worth waiting to see if any money does come for him tomorrow, but I am happy to take that chance.
well done BB !........:clap

Beverley 330 - Arizona John 20/1 William Hill BOG This is the first flat race I have looked at for tomorrow but this one is such a big price if you can ignore his last two AW runs, that I know I wont find better value anywhere else. He showed consistent form on this type of ground last season running above an RPR of 80 3 times in his last 6 runs. The only time he didnt in that sequence has been under Stephen Crainie who was also his jockey for the two AW runs and also two runs a few seasons back where he was miles off the pace. Fanning is up on board tomorrow and there could be a big gamble coming up, which I think also happened on one of his first starts last season if I remember rightly? May be worth waiting to see if any money does come for him tomorrow, but I am happy to take that chance.
Amazing :) Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sublime shout from the master himself! :clap

Re: BBOTD Thursday 24th April 6.15 Newcastle: Orbit The Moon, 9/1 Bet365, win Orbit The Moon finished third lto in his first run since November. He finished 4½L behind the re-opposing Trade Secret but is nine pounds better off today and,, as he should come on a bit for that run he has a good chance of reversing that form. Today's ground is ideal and the trip will suit. Trainer Michael Dods is in good form and he has a good record at Newcastle. Connor Beasley takes off five pounds.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 24th April 5.05 Newcastle - Ko Cache E/W @ 20/1 BetVictor 8 runners go to post for this one so it's a perfect opportunity for an E/W bet. I like the look of this Filly here. She went off favourite on her debut and ran well for a good amount of the race but weakened towards the furlong pole and never really had a chance after that. Her maiden was at Southwell so it is possible that the surface might not have suited her and that she might be better suited to the turf. She will hopefully show some improvement too and should go a lot better. I would not be surprised if No one knows and low cut affair fight out the finish but I think there's every possibility that this one could be on the premises too.

5.05 Newcastle - Ko Cache E/W @ 20/1 BetVictor 8 runners go to post for this one so it's a perfect opportunity for an E/W bet. I like the look of this Filly here. She went off favourite on her debut and ran well for a good amount of the race but weakened towards the furlong pole and never really had a chance after that. Her maiden was at Southwell so it is possible that the surface might not have suited her and that she might be better suited to the turf. She will hopefully show some improvement too and should go a lot better. I would not be surprised if No one knows and low cut affair fight out the finish but I think there's every possibility that this one could be on the premises too.
Well played :) Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

19.55 Brighton: Iseemist @ 6/1 Paddy Power I feel this filly will greatly benefit from a drop in trip. She clearly looked like a filly that doesn't get home over 7f in her last couple of starts, while running well nonetheless. Particularly impressive was her most recent effort in my mind. She had the widest draw to overcome, crossed over and disputed the lead early on, burning loads of energy in the first couple of furlongs, as the pace was really on too. She benefited from the pace in a way that she travelled strongly and looked to be in with every chance turning for home. However she hit a brick wall over 1f out. I feel back on turf, with ground she has shown form on in the past, over a shorter trip, she can win a race of her current mark.
:clap Some nice winners today, i managed to have a small double on Arizona John & Iseemist, otherwise been doing really badly recently..! :D Hopefully things will get back to how they used to be, with more regular decent priced winners..! Cheers guys!

Amazing call! Well done the other winners too! Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk