** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 30 April 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.32[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th This is gonna be another dogfight and probably low scoring. Id imagine under 2.5 is terribly priced on that notion. Two cautious managers who place alot of emphasis on solidity and shape. Atletico are best suited to countering and you could see it didnt suit them in the first leg when they were trying to break Chelsea down as opposed to playing Barca where they will have the ball but you can defend and break on the counter. An early Chelsea goal would really set this tie up well. I'd love to see Atletico reach a final with the season they're having but gut feeling is that its gonna be one of those momentous home nights at Stamford Bridge for Chelsea. But I wouldnt be overly tempted to back Chelsea in 90 minutes.

Re: Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th 4pts Chelsea to beat A.Madrid 13/10 Ladbrokes I didn’t think a whole amount to Atletico Madrid in the first leg even allowing for Chelsea’s stifling tactics. Those tactics worked so well that I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Mourinho uses them again here and look to take something on the break with pace in wide areas in Willian, Hazard and Schurrle. If there is one man who can guide his side into the final it is Mourinho and while I don’t see it being a comfortable or flashy win I think his side will ultimately end up prevailing. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chelsea-vs-atletico-madrid-betting-chelsea-can-make-their-way-into-another-final

Re: Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th Once again Mourinho will park the bus.That's just his stlye and with all these important missings at the back(Terry,Luiz,Cahil,Ramirez andMatic) Chelsea cannot afford to attack and leave open spaces+the fact that with no Hazard,Oscar and Eto'o,The Blues just lack the edge and creativity.It's another top candidate for 0:0 as it was in the first leg.Penalties are not out of the picture either and it's just where my money are going to,just for fun. Chelsea to win on penalties @23 with bet365

Re: Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th

Once again Mourinho will park the bus.That's just his stlye and with all these important missings at the back(Terry' date=Luiz,Cahil,Ramirez andMatic) Chelsea cannot afford to attack and leave open spaces+the fact that with no Hazard,Oscar and Eto'o,The Blues just lack the edge and creativity.It's another top candidate for 0:0 as it was in the first leg.Penalties are not out of the picture either and it's just where my money are going to,just for fun. Chelsea to win on penalties @23 with bet365
It should be pointed out that there are no problems with Cahill, Luiz, Ramires and Oscar. Terry, Hazard and Eto trained normally today and should be fit to start the match.

Re: Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th I fancy Chelsea here, having JT back is a massive bonus and they were able to rest most of the starters at the weekend and still come away with a morale boosting win. Mourinho is the master in these games, the one-off match with everything to play for and the match likely to be decided by the smallest margin, he always finds a way. If you look at the team he played with at the weekend it was hardly a typical Mourinho side packed with the usual Dogs of War - Salah, Kalas, Ba, Schurrle, Schwarzer for example - yet he still installs a belief in his players that no-one else can come close to. Atletico started 9 of the players that played against Chelsea at the weekend and really had to grind out the win - although this is nothing new for them. Gabi their captain is suspended and won't play which is a blow, Chelsea old boy Tiago will probably come in. Atletico are certainly the Chelsea of Spain in how they approach games with a never say die attitude and will happily sit behind the ball waiting for their chance which will create an interesting tactical dynamic as Mourinho's approach to the game will have to be perfect, go too attacking and they can be picked off on the counter but there will need to be a greater empathasis on attack and the (likely) inclusion of Hazard will help this as he is Chelsea's best attacking threat. Lampard and Mikel being suspended is a blow but not a huge one as Ramieres has had a good season and Luiz is - generally - good in this position and can bring the ball forward and pick a pass. To be honest I wasn't that impressed by Atletico as an attacking force last week, it was all pretty predictable stuff, high balls into Costa will suit Chelsea down to the ground. I think the first leg told everyone everything they needed to know about these two sides, they are very similar in approach and this will more than likely be a tense game possibly decided by a contentious refereeing decision or a moment of genius. Mourinho to have the last laugh again for me, his record at Stamford Bridge is superb and they have a slight edge for me. Chelsea to Qualify - 2.0 - hills - 6 Points Injury update: It doesn't look like Cech will start the game, he took part in some of the training session with the other goalkeepers but was not swinging his injured arm properly according to a reporter who watched training. From what I can see all the other injured players did ball work today - As Simeon says above if you want to be sure about who is playing wait for the sides to be released an hour before kick off on UEFA.com.

Re: Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th Very hard game for betting. This is one of those games where everything is possible over/under etc.. Simeone might use Mourinho's approach by defending well and trying to score from counter attacks. Personally I would avoid betting on this game.

Re: Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th 13/5 on a team with a season that Athletico have had is way to big, they have proven all season that playing the big teams away is no problem. It is hard to see how Chelsea will break them down and if Athletico get the first goal the tie will be over because Chelsea Just will not score 2 against this team. Maybe the safest bet is the 6/4 on Athletico Draw not bet. A few here seem to be Judging Athletico on the one game that they have seen them against Chelsea. Chelsea played well to keep it to 0-0 and that was one of Athletico's poorest performances. that could have been down to the negative tactics Chelsea played but Athletico will not play that badly twice. They had a relatively easy game at the weekend and now know a win against Levante away and Malaga at home will secure La Liga for them which takes the pressure off to a little extent knowing the Barcelona game could not matter.

Re: Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th Away from home hitting on the counter suits Athletico down to the ground.After a frustrating first leg i still believe Athletico has what it takes to win this match.I dont think Chelsea will get away with being so negative at home,the fans will get on their back.I just cant see Chelsea scoring against the best defence and keeper around.Im more than happy to take my chances with Athletico,i believe people have been lulled into thinking the Madrid team are not anyting special,but thats just not the case.They have been very strong away from home this season,especially when the going gets tough.Im standing by my assessment from the first leg,Athletico are the better team and im going for the away win 13/5 Bet 365.Ive got a small bet on Athletico to win on penalties as its not out of the question at 22/1.

Re: Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th How can you guys say Atletico plays very well away from home??? I guess you're just looking for the numbers because the hardest games they had i the CL this year playing as visitors they didnt looked that impressive in the ofense against POrto,AC Milan and Barcelona

Re: Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th I've gone high stakes on this. Over 9.5 shots off target @ 1.70 unibet The first leg had 18 shots off target, surely off target shots are easily attained in comparison to shots on target. Gl to everyone that follows

Re: Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th Parking the bus has been a phrase used a lot over the past couple of weeks when we speak of Chelsea but if they are getting the correct results, does it really matter what tactics are enforced? Chelsea travelled to Atletico Madrid last week and defended for their lives and to be honest Atletico had no answer to it. Jose was more than happy to come away from there with a 0-0 draw but it is always a very dangerous game not getting that all important away goal as now if Atletico nick a goal at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea will need two goals to qualify. I thought Chelsea were absolutely outstanding in their 2-0 win against Liverpool at Anfield at the weekend, it was a piece of tactical genius on Mourinho's part. They defended in numbers, made it virtually impossible for Liverpool to get any chances inside the box and all they could do was try several long range efforts that Mark Schwarzer saved comfortably. Although Chelsea have to win this game tonight, I still believe Mourinho will be putting defence first, let Atletico have possession, and then try hit them on the counter attack because they simply can't afford to concede. Gabi is a huge loss to Madrid, he is their captain and their leader and he will be sorely missed. Althought I think Atletico are the better footballing side of the two teams, a manager can make a huge difference and there is no better man than Jose Mourinho to get his tactics spot on for the big games. He has been in this position plenty of times before and he knows what has to be done. I thought Atletico lacked cutting edge in the final third in the first leg. I think the Chelsea win @ 7/5 with Bet Victor is a far price and they should be able to cause Atletico problems from set pieces and on the counter attack. Hazard being back in the side is huge for Chelsea here. Back Chelsea to Win @ 7/5 with Bet Victor - Register for a £100 Free Bet!

Re: Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th Going to be a very close game, a little too tough to call especially in normal time. Chelsea will have to play a little more attacking than the first game and this could open the window a little for Athletico. First goal will be crucial, an Athletico first goal will crush Chelsea's hopes. Too tough to call for me. Only bet I could muster is under 2.5, but at 1/2 there just isn't enough value for me there either. Just going to enjoy watching the game with a beer! :-) gl everyone!

How can you guys say Atletico plays very well away from home??? I guess you're just looking for the numbers because the hardest games they had i the CL this year playing as visitors they didnt looked that impressive in the ofense against POrto' date='AC Milan and Barcelona[/quote'] Well they beat Porto and AC and came away with a draw against Barcelona. They have the best away record in La Liga with 13 wins and only conceding 13 goals. If you don't think that is playing well enough to get the results away from home then you are very picky about what is a decent away record

Well they beat Porto and AC and came away with a draw against Barcelona. They have the best away record in La Liga with 13 wins and only conceding 13 goals. If you don't think that is playing well enough to get the results away from home then you are very picky about what is a decent away record
I bet on Atletico against Porto and they were very lucky to get the late winner, again against Milan - who hit the bar 3 times? - they didn't play that well and were saved numerous times by Courtois. Can't really relate league form to CL form as - like Chelsea - they face plenty of poor sides in their domestic league and it is a different animal to Europe. They know Barca inside out but in the other two games I mentioned I wasn't impressed by them, I think they are going to struggle tonight.

Re: Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th Both teams will aproach this game different from what we've seen yesterday. An early Madrid goal killed it instantly. Tonight Atletico will surely be the side with the most possesion but that suits Mourinho very well. Last round he had to attack and win but tonight he can easily defend well and hit fast on the break. Hazard, ivanovic and terry back are hugh boosts. Chelsea will be stronger than last week especially with eto'o upfront if he starts though. Chelsea's home record is way better than their away record which also favors them. I definitely think Mou will qualify again for an european final, don't ask me why but it's just a feeling. He always does Amazing things and I don't see why this would end tonight. Especially their win against Liverpool this weekend really surprised me in a positive way. Not the way they played ofcourse, but the fighting spirit and mentality was steaming out of their ears. These players would die for this coach! I think Chelsea is gonna win way or another but I can't exclude a Atletico goal here. They are also on a decent run, conceded the fewest goals and can be really hard to crack. A bit of a dissapointment last week for them to blank but with the season they have, they are surely not afraid of Chelsea. Expect a tight start, both teams will cancel each other out and see how the game goes. 0-0 at HT is one of my bets. Perfect encounter for such a bet in my eyes. Atletico will surely not rush for a early goal here. Also most goals in the second half is a bet of mine, This is a really physical game, lots of battles in midfield and defensively so both sides will likely be tired after an hour or 70 minutes. Great time for a defensive error or a sneaky goal by Costa or Eto'o. Especially Chelsea will defend like lions through out the game cause an away goal would be bad for their confidence if they don't score first ofcourse. I will skip the outright winner and keep it to low stakes only though, an early Madrid goal could again really open up this game and I don't want to ruin the joy of watching a semi final. ;-) But gun to my head I would surely say Chelsea to win cause of Mou and his experience. Enjoy guys.

Re: Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th Offering to play on the number of fouls made by Chelsea players, Over 13.5 pieces , believing that here bookmakers obviously got excited after yesterday's game. Yes, Bayern and Real Madrid for two yesterday broke the fouls only 20 times , however, as in 1st match. But opposition Chelsea and Atletico held entirely different manner. For example, in the 1st match for two clubs broke 32 times , with 18 fouls on the side of the players of Chelsea. As for Atletico important goal scored today , and for Chelsea is equally important not to miss today, as in the case of a missed goal Londoners have to score 2 goals. Think that this fact will not press today at Chelsea players , especially in the absence of the suspended players in midfield, Frank Lampard and Obi , plus do not forget about the injured Petr Cech and Terry - all these guys are the major players , without which Londoners have , oh, hard job today , the load is not only for defense but also for the whole team a tremendous fall , which would lead to fouls , especially when you play against great team technically equipped. Now look at the averages for teams in the UEFA Champions League. Chelsea makes an average of 15.45 fouls per game , and on the "Stamford Bridge" , the figure is 14.4 fouls per game. Well, Atletico average 15.55 times per game in away matches - 16 times per game. As you can see , these figures are well within the scope of our seelction. It remains only to add that today the match would not be an ordinary match , today clubs will fight for the final of UEFA Champions League , the chances before the match Chelsea and Atletico Madrid 50 to 50. In the role of judge for today's match was appointed Italian referee Nicola Rizzoli , which averages in the last 10 games under the flag of Champions League 248 fouls (average 24.8 fouls per game) , 48 yellows and 4 reds. As you can see , the judge is quite suitable for our tip , judges as team play 14 fouls in a football match - 1 foul for 6.5 minutes - seems to us that this is a semifinal match completely punctured the norm. We put on a total of 13.5 fouls on the part of the home team, Chelsea players. Overall total on fouls in the game do not play for the reason that stands in the offices at 29.5-31.5 Total fouls commited by Chelsea, Over 13.5 at 1.75 Unibet ---------------- I really think that Chelsea has many options, not just because of playing at home, with the pressure usually gets well , a real pressure cooker , and players notice it much because of the closeness of the stands to the field , also by experience that should be displayed in such games Chelsea players and their coach Mourinho. The match starts from 0-0 , in the first leg Chelsea accused of putting the bus , still Mourinho he did differently to other coaches who do as they continually came out to pressure , preventing the passes Atletico and making the shots too hasty. Another thing I would like to emphasize is that Ivanovic very important player not only fro how is defending , but as attacks with a powerful shot and additions in the centers and corners , bringing much danger from above, also for this match Chelsea have Etoo and Hazard , the second one very dangerous player able to unbalance any defender. I would like to look a little to Chelsea's statistics against top teams , not only comes from winning Liverpool at Anfield lately, and again in the second half showing how a team need to defend , as for those who did not see the match , Liverpool was continually attacking over the area , and finally did not scored any goal , but if we look at the remaining games , against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge 6-0 , against Spurs 4-0 , 1-0 against Everton , 1-0 against City , so we can see the level of defense Chelsea has, keeping clean sheets before one of the best attacks such as Liverpool and City. Clearly, this can be described as the end , and that playing all out , and the pressure is not the same , but I think that the more pressure the accused Atletico Madrid , as the illusion that it is safe greater , and therefore also nervousness , plus players who do not know what it is to be here and that anxiety can happen in some sections of the match, it is clear that Chelsea not defend as in the first leg, although I do not expect it to tip over on offense , and now with more quality people up like Etoo , Hazard, Oscar and company should have more scoring opportunities. Definitely exciting game to watch. 1-0 Chelsea to Qualify at 2.01 Sbobet --------------- Chelsea defender Ivanovic received yellow in the last 3 home games in each of them: Steaua, GSaray and PSG. He doesnt risk to be suspended for the final, in case Chelsea gets there. Branislav Ivanovic (Chelsea) get a card at 3.25 Unibet Atletico's midfielder Arda Turan, sometimes cannot hold his nerves, no problem to make a tactical foul. Arda Turan (Atl. Madrid) get a card at 3.3 Unibet

Chelsea vs Atletico Madrid Chelsea to win on penalties 20/1 paddy power Atletico Madrid to win on penalties 20/1 paddy power i cant see anyone winning this match and for it to go to penalties it needs a score draw so two excellent defences will cancel each other
I think 0-0 after the first leg means it has to be 0-0 tonight to go to penalties.

Re: Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th For those of us who know about football it was expected :D so we have to say thank you to those who don't :sad for pushing out the price to 13/5. As it turned out all Atletico needed was a bit of a kick in the butt to get them going because once the equaliser went in it was a complete route no natter what Mourinho said Chelsea were in charge of that tie away and home for no more than the amount of time they were in front.

For those of us who know about football it was expected :D so we have to say thank you to those who don't :sad for pushing out the price to 13/5. As it turned out all Atletico needed was a bit of a kick in the butt to get them going because once the equaliser went in it was a complete route no natter what Mourinho said Chelsea were in charge of that tie away and home for no more than the amount of time they were in front.
Arguably the most arrogant post i have seen on this forum Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

For those of us who know about football it was expected :D so we have to say thank you to those who don't :sad for pushing out the price to 13/5. As it turned out all Atletico needed was a bit of a kick in the butt to get them going because once the equaliser went in it was a complete route no natter what Mourinho said Chelsea were in charge of that tie away and home for no more than the amount of time they were in front.
You'll have a pretty good away record soon yourself if you keep posting like that.

Re: Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th Well done Wichuda, looks like only a few people went against the grain in this match.When the going got tough they upped their game as they have done many times this season.Mourinho in the first leg told us by his approach that his team were not up to the task.If anyone knows how good Athletico is,its him.Oh mr Abramovic gime me money to spend,ive told everyone over the last few weeks that my team cant win the league,and the teams not up to the task of winning the champions league.He has been proved correct once again.He wins even when he loses.

Re: Chelsea v Atlético de Madrid > Wednesday April 30th Playing with 6 defenders at home, seriously? This guy doesn't deserve any praises. Can you imagine guys if Liverpool or Everton or Atletico Madrid had such players like David Luiz, Hazard, Oscar and Willian in their squads? I didn't bet on this game, I've been supporting Atletico Madrid (as a Milan fan I want Atletico to win the UCL, so my team can keep their record). is Mou special one? come on! Every ordinary coach could have done more or less as Mou done in the previous seasons with the budgets his teams had.