** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Major League Baseball

Re: Major League Baseball

3 pts Chicago Cubs to beat Boston Red Sox 2.27 Bet365:) 1 pts Chicago Cubs (-2.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 4.33 Skybet:( 7 pts LA Angels (-1.5) to beat Chicago White Sox 2.15 Coral- POSTPONED VOID 2 pts LA Angels (-3.5) to beat Chicago White Sox 3.75 Bet365 - POSTPONED VOID 3 pts Kansas City Royals (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.38 Skybet:) 5 pts Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat Colorado Rockies 2.00 Skybet:) 2 pts Washington Nationals (-3.5) to beat Colorado Rockies 3.65 Bet365:)
record 46-56-2 staked 325 pts Returned 421.46 pts Profit 96.46 pts

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Major League Baseball 6 pts Los Angeles Angels (-1.5) to beat Chicago White Sox GAME ONE 2.00 Coral The Sox host the Angels for a double header today after last nights rain out. Game 1 is scheduled to be the matchup that was due on the mound last night of Richards v Noesi. See the preview from yesterday as nothing has changed except the page on the calendar. 5 pts Los Angeles Angels (-1.5) to beat Chicago White Sox GAME TWO 2.00 Coral Jered Weaver pitches in the second half of tonights double header for the Angels opposed by Scott Carroll of the White Sox who we sided with last time out on his return to the rotation from a spell in the pen. That was a mistake as he was horrific and one that I do not intend to repeat here, he is 0-4 with an 8.75 ERA in 5 starts. Weaver has struggled on the road but has a good record against the Sox and has won 4 of 5 starts at The Cell so is worth a bet here as well and hopefully the Angels sweep the double header but if we are wrong on one then we still break even!! 4 pts Cincinnati Reds to beat San Diego Padres 1.96 Bet365 3 pts Cincinnati Reds (-1.5) to beat San Diego Padres 2.75 Skybet 2 pts Cincinnati Reds (-3.5) to beat San Diego Padres 6.00 Bet365 1 pts Cincinnati Reds (-5.5) to beat San Diego Padres 15.00 bet365 Matches between these two teams have been defensive and low scoring all year and with Mike Leake up for the Reds that looks likely to continue as the pitcher comes in looking for his 4th straight win and has allowed only 1 run in each of the last two starts. With Ian Kennedy starting for San Diego it seems unlikely that this will be low scoring as he is struggling really badly at the moment he is 0-3 and an ERA over 6 the last 4 outings taking him to 5-9 for the season. The Reds offense is much more potent that the Padres and they have the pitching edge here so I can only see them winning tonight. Thats my lot tonight guys and best of luck. Not sure i will be able to get on here and post tomorrow but will do my best

Re: Major League Baseball Change of plans i will add one more 1 pts Washington Nationals to score the most runs tonight 17.00 Bet365 Because Strasburg has not pitched so well lately that was the reason i didnt play the Nats but this is a higher risk/reward strategy for opposing our old friend Christian Friedrich as he hits the mound again for the Rockies tonight. He has no business in my opinion being in the majors and i want to earn as much cash from him as I can. Lets hope that Bryce Harper and co. tee off on him tonight and the Rockies pen help us out too.

6 pts Los Angeles Angels (-1.5) to beat Chicago White Sox GAME ONE 2.00 Coral:) 5 pts Los Angeles Angels (-1.5) to beat Chicago White Sox GAME TWO 2.00 Coral:) 4 pts Cincinnati Reds to beat San Diego Padres 1.96 Bet365:( 3 pts Cincinnati Reds (-1.5) to beat San Diego Padres 2.75 Skybet:( 2 pts Cincinnati Reds (-3.5) to beat San Diego Padres 6.00 Bet365:( 1 pts Cincinnati Reds (-5.5) to beat San Diego Padres 15.00 bet365:(
Dead level on the night. Damn Padres

Re: Major League Baseball 5 pts Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat Colorado Rockies 2.00 Skybet Since a horror debut Doug Fister has been excellent for the finally healthy Nationals, particularly at home 4-0 with a sub 2 ERA in 4 starts. The Nats are 11-3 in their last 14 at home and finally getting consistent offense virtually 1 through 9 in the lineup. If remaining healthy i truly believe this team is set for a deep October run. Tyler Matzek opposes who has been imconsistent but the rookie looks like the Nats could have too much for him the way they have been swinging it. Matzek had a solid debut and has been average or worse since that day 0-2 and nearly 5 for an ERA in 3 starts. Colorado can score but they are amongst the worse pitching and the defense in the field can sometimes be laughable as well. The Rockies slump looks likely to continue here and wanted to post this while the price is still there. May be back for one or two more a bit later

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Chicago White Sox to beat Los Angeles Angels 2.23 bet365 2 pts Chicago White Sox (-1.5) to beat Los Angeles Angels 3.40 Bet365 1 pts Chicago White Sox (-3.5) to beat Los Angeles Angels 6.75 bet365 Now. There are lots of reasons to expect an Angels triumph tonight, the fact that Chicago have lost 7 straight this year to the Angels, the fact that Tyler Skaggs pitching for the Halos tonight is a lefty and I have said before that my suspicion is the Sox are less effective when facing left handed starters.....however. This price is too big. The White Sox are plenty capable of plating runs, especially against a pitcher who is young and returning from a spell on the DL who had lost 3 straight starts prior to being shut down. John Danks will pitch tonight for Chicago and while he isnt the second coming of Cy Young by any stretch of imagination he is a decent pitcher who after having issues the last couple of seasons appears to my eye to have righted the ship this year and returned to the form of his early years in a Sox uniform, the market does nlt appear to have adjusted to this completely giving value at times like tonight. He is good value to pitch well at US Cellular Field and look, the Angels may win but they are zero value to do so here. Nearly did St Louis as well but bottled it so thats all today from me. Good luck all

5 pts Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat Colorado Rockies 2.00 Skybet:(
4 pts Chicago White Sox to beat Los Angeles Angels 2.23 bet365:) 2 pts Chicago White Sox (-1.5) to beat Los Angeles Angels 3.40 Bet365:( 1 pts Chicago White Sox (-3.5) to beat Los Angeles Angels 6.75 bet365:(
one more run from either the Nats or Sox and we had a winning night, oh well 49-64-2 staked 348 pts returns 441.38 pts profit 93.38 pts

Re: Major League Baseball 6 pts St Louis Cardinals to beat San Francisco Giants 2.34 Bet365 I will be completely honest, I dont understand this price at all. The Cards won last night and granted Madison Bumgarner is great - one of my persnal favourites amongst starting pitchers, but he is struggling, and he is struggling at home (0-2 4.95 ERA in last 3 starts). The Giants themselves have lost 13 of their last 16 at home!!!. Carlos Martinez is granted a bit of an unknown as a starter, tis is only start number 4 in for Wacha but he is 1-0 2.70 ERA in those starts despite not going particularly deep into games the Cardinals pen is ok though and the Giants are streaky on the offensive side of the ball. Bumgarner was shelled the last tiime he pitched against these cardinals allowing 6 runs in less than 4 innings........Why are St Louis this big?........answers on a postcard if you will. 4 pts New York Yankees (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.10 Skybet Masahiro Tanaka has lost the last twice, but really due to the ineptitude of the Yankees offense rather than particularly poor pitching himself, the Yanks should hopefully get a boost today with Phil Hughes pitching against his former team, Hughes has given up 5 runs in each of his last two starts. Minnesota will be missing the face of their franchise Joe Mauer for a second consecutive day and this looks a good chance for Tanaka to get back on the winning road again to me, with usual warnings about the New York offense applying.:hope 2 pts Colorado Rockies to beat Los Angeles Dodgers 2.25 Skybet 1 pts Colorado Rockies (-1.5) to beat Los Angeles Dodgers 3.40 Bet365 4 pts Over 10 Total Runs in the game 1.95 William Hill I watched the Rockies against the Nationals last night and they were putting the bat on the ball reasonably consistently against Doug Fister in his own yard where he has been superb. Zack Greinke has been having road struggles and while he has won at Coors Field the ERA over 6 for his starts their as a Dodger suggests he doesnt find it that easy so I expect the Rockies to score some runs tonight. I am well documented on this thread with expressing doubts about the Dodgers offensive lineup and those remain, I am willing to put a degree of trust into Rockies starter Franklin Morales tonight even though his numbers are not all that pretty as a starter this year (3-4 6.13 in 11 starts) just in case the Dodgers do have one of their bad days as they come into this having lost the last twice (of course the Rox are 2-14 lately). I guess its more of a hunch play but as I am fairly certain Colorado will score some runs, we can set the staking up so that we will make a small profit even if Morales lets us down and throws a stinker by playing the over, hopefully we cash all 3 bets though!!!. There are a couple more that are borderline that I havent decided about yet but instinct tells me this is probably it for today so good luck all

6 pts St Louis Cardinals to beat San Francisco Giants 2.34 Bet365:) 4 pts New York Yankees (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.10 Skybet:) 2 pts Colorado Rockies to beat Los Angeles Dodgers 2.25 Skybet:( 1 pts Colorado Rockies (-1.5) to beat Los Angeles Dodgers 3.40 Bet365:( 4 pts Over 10 Total Runs in the game 1.95 William Hill:(
51-67-2 total staked 365 pts returns 463.82 pts profit 98.82 pts

Re: Major League Baseball So, I will start with happy 4th July to any American readers!! 3 pts Pittsburgh Pirates (-1.5) to beat Philadelphia Phillies 2.25 Skybet In the battle of the Pennsylvania teams on 4th July its difficult not to like the Bucs here, offensively the addition of rookie Gregory Polanco in Right Field has sparked the team and they are scoring runs fairly freely at the moment, Philly are not anything like the offensive force of recent seasons and prior to yesterdays victory had lost 6 straight averaging just 2 runs per game. Gerrit Cole pitches for the second time tonight after his spell out injured, he wasnt so good last time but can be expected to get back to his prior form as he shakes the rust off as long as he is fully healed and as a former number 1 draft pick we have to assume they wont take any chances with their investment. Roberto Hernandez pitches for the Phillies tonight and he leads NL pitchers in walks, that will always come back and bite you in the end, as his 1-6 record his last 8 starts shows. After both teams having an outlier of a night last night I expect normal service to be resumed here and the Pirates to settle in for the fireworks with a W. 1 pts San Diego Padres (-1.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 3.30 Bet365 1 pts San Diego Padres (-2.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 5.00 Skybet Normally you would look at this matchup and see Matt Cain v Eric Stults and think the Giants were a no brainer. Both these pitchers had massively poor months in June - Stults (0-6 6.16 ERA) and Cain (0-3 5.46 ERA in 5 starts) however Cain was better last time than the record suggests and Stults was horrific early and didnt pitch as badly the last twice. These are two teams whose current form is heading in totally opposite directions. The Giants have won 5 of their last 22 games, San Diego have won 4 straight and 6 of 10. Take into account that Cain allowed 6 runs last time he pitched against the Padres then they are certainly worth the gamble that their offense actually produces some runs today. 3 pts St Louis Cardinals (-1.5) to beat Miami Marlins 2.45 Bet365 After last night I am willing too stick with the Cards as they travel back home and face the Marlins and Nate Eovaldi who comes into this game with a 1-1 record and a 6.00 ERA in his last 4 games. Lance Lynn will pitch for St Louis looking to get back in line after his worst career start last time out against the Dodgers which was blamed on a blister on his middle finger, a situation Lynn has gone on record to say he believes is manageable. The Marlins have exceeded expectations this year and when playing well can be really fun to watch but the Cardinals are the better team with only a couple of holes overall and if yesterday is a sign that the lineup is back on track and going to start producing runs again then it could be time to jump on board this train for a little while. 2 pts Houston Astros to beat Los Angeles Angels 2.62 Bet365 This is a case of prices being wrong in my opinion, there is no reason for Houston to be this price, CJ Wilson has struggled recently for the Angels and his last start against the Astros was a nightmare, the only reason this is only 2 pts and not bigger is because Dallas Keuchel was scratched from his last start with a left wrist issue, this is a bit of an issue for a left handed pitcher and that makes me nervous enough that while I will still play here I would prefer to keep it small as I am having to take the pitchers health on trust There is one more that I will be back for later but the prices arent up for it yet so see you all later!!

Re: Major League Baseball two more tonight 5 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-2.5) to beat Colorado Rockies 2.20 Skybet Clayton Kershaw is up tonight for the Dodgers, he has been unbeatable lately going 6-0 in June with an ERA under one run and hasnt allowed a run the last three starts!!!. Colorado will put Jair Jurrjens on the mound after picking him up from the Reds, he has bounced around the majors and once had a particularly good half season with Atlanta but can best be described as major league average, his ERA at Triple A this year was almost four and a half runs and now he gets to pitch at Coors Field where the ball will fly. I have had and continue to have reservations about the Dodgers hitting but realistically they dont need to score many for this to be a winner against a pitcher who hasnt thrown a pitch in MLB for over a year. 2 pts Seattle Mariners to beat Chicago White Sox 2.50 Skybet I am really not sure what I am doing here, opposing Chris Sale at "The Cell" seems like madness. However The Mariners have been on a good run lately, their offense has been producing runs - they are another team that seems a bit streaky "scoring runs in bunches" to me and I suspect eventually that will catch up with them. They oppose Chris Sale with Roenis Elias, who is serviceable as a starter, 5-2 3.46 ERA in 8 starts on the road. The key here is he is a left handed starter and I am documented that I think Chicago are not as effective against a southpaw and those are the main reasons for the play. Happy 4th July again and good luck to anyone playing tonight

5 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-2.5) to beat Colorado Rockies 2.20 Skybet:) 2 pts Seattle Mariners to beat Chicago White Sox 2.50 Skybet:wall
3 pts Pittsburgh Pirates (-1.5) to beat Philadelphia Phillies 2.25 Skybet:) 1 pts San Diego Padres (-1.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 3.30 Bet365:) 1 pts San Diego Padres (-2.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 5.00 Skybet:( 3 pts St Louis Cardinals (-1.5) to beat Miami Marlins 2.45 Bet365 :@ 2 pts Houston Astros to beat Los Angeles Angels 2.62 Bet365:(
54-71-2 total staked 382 pts total returns 484.87 pts profit 102.87 pts

Re: Major League Baseball I had a whole post done with reasoning then accidentally deleted it so apologies for posting without reasoning but am at work now so unable to do it again. Yesterday was close to being very good!! 6 pts New York Yankees to beat Minnesota Twins 1.88 bet365 2 pts New York Yankees (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.40 William Hill 5 pts Arizona Diamondbacks to beat Atlanta Braves 2.46 bet365 2 pts Arizona Diamondbacks (-1.5) to beat Atlanta Braves 3.25 bet365 1 pts Arizona Diamondbacks (-3.5) to beat Atlanta Braves 7.00 bet365 Waiting for prices on a couple more

Re: Major League Baseball 3 pts GAME TWO Boston Red Sox (-1.5) to beat Baltimore Orioles 2.45 bet365 Ubaldo Jiminez. I dont really need to say much more here. He takes the hill tonight for the O's and is 3-8 4.31 ERA and has been hit HARD by Boston with a career ERA over 9 in six starts. John Lackey has been really good at home lately and despite having had some struggles against Baltimore last time out and in his road starts, at Fenway Park I am willing to punt the BoSox here as they have the best of the pitching matchup in my opinion. Just waiting on someone to price the Cubs game up and dependant on price thats about the only thing left to look at. If that is all i wish everyone good luck

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat Chicago Cubs 2.05 bet365 Gio Gonzalez is finding his stride and the red hot Cubs come to town. Gio hasnt given up a run in 3 starts including one recently against Chicago. Carlos Villanueva will take the mound after the Cubs traded scheduled starter Jeff Samardzija to Oakland yesterday, he has been fairly ineffective with an ERA approaching 6 from the pen and now reverts to a starting role. Washington have to keep winning to try and regain first place in the division and games at home against teams like the Cubs are games this team should be feasting on. I did consider playing Boston in game one as well but thats enough for today i think. Good luck all

Re: Major League Baseball I lied! 3 pts GAME ONE Boston Red Sox (-1.5) to beat Baltimore Orioles 2.35 Bet365 The form of these two pitchers is vastly different with Lester up for Boston who has been superb lately and Gonzalez for the Orioles who since getting hurt has struggled with consistency and if Bostons bats do their job today I anticipate a sweep here 2 pts Chicago White Sox (-1.5) to beat Seattle Mariners 3.85 Bet365 This series could end up driving us crazy. Opposing Felix Hernandez much like Chris Sale is generally madness. Hernandez was named American League pitcher of the month in June with very good reason but his career numbers in this ball park are not so good (1-5 4.88 ERA in 8 starts) and the offense is streaky and could easily let him down at any time. Jose Quintana for the Sox has been pitching well (2-0 1.29 ERA in his last 3) and the organisation thinks very highly of him. This price looks large for a bet that feasibly could be decided by the swing of jose abreus bat. That really is everything and best of luck everyone

55-79-2 Staked 410 pts Returned 493.07 pts Profit 83.07 pts Well what can i say we were due a night like that i guess. Two or three of those could easily have gone our way (boston gm 1, yanks and white sox) and would have made a difference. On to the next!!

3 pts GAME TWO Boston Red Sox (-1.5) to beat Baltimore Orioles 2.45 bet365:(
6 pts New York Yankees to beat Minnesota Twins 1.88 bet365:( 2 pts New York Yankees (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.40 William Hill:( 5 pts Arizona Diamondbacks to beat Atlanta Braves 2.46 bet365:( 2 pts Arizona Diamondbacks (-1.5) to beat Atlanta Braves 3.25 bet365:( 1 pts Arizona Diamondbacks (-3.5) to beat Atlanta Braves 7.00 bet365:(
4 pts Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat Chicago Cubs 2.05 bet365:)
3 pts GAME ONE Boston Red Sox (-1.5) to beat Baltimore Orioles 2.35 Bet365 :( 2 pts Chicago White Sox (-1.5) to beat Seattle Mariners 3.85 Bet365:(

Re: Major League Baseball 3 pts Kansas City Royals to beat Cleveland Indians 2.26 Bet365 2 pts Under 7.5 total runs 1.83 Coral This is a good little pitching matchup today as Corey Kluber is up for the Tribe who has only given up 3 runs his last three outings and Danny Duffy is up for the Royals, his June ERA was just 1.69 and he is 3-1 1.05 ERA his last 4 starts on the road. Duffy hasnt pithed against a now completely different Indians lineup in 3 years, while one month ago during the Royals run of consecutive wins Kluber gave up 6 runs in a start against Kansas City so as an underdog I think they are value and as neither lineup is that convincing and two decent pitchers a play on the under looks the order of the day as well. 2 pts Chicago Cubs to beat Washington Nationals 2.52 Bet365 Another pitching matchup tonight as Jake Arrieta and Jordan Zimmermann are up in Washington. Arrieta nearly threw a no-no last time out and has MLBs second best ERA for June, he has basically been outstanding. Zimmermann (6-4 2.95 ERA the year) is the real ace of the Nationals staff that includes some top names. There are two real reasons for this pick. Arrieta should not be that price against anybody right now and Zimmermann has only won once in 6 career starts v the cubbies posting a 5.59 ERA. If the total runs line gets to 7.5 I would play but will leave it as its at 7 right now. 6 pts Miami Marlins to beat St Louis Cardinals 2.00 Paddy Power 4 pts Miami Marlins (-1.5) to beat St Louis Cardinals 2.62 Skybet After Fernandez got hurt earlier this year and required surgery Henderson Alvarez has stepped up into the role of ace of this Marlins pitching staff, he has been up there with the best starters in the National League giving up 2 runs or less in 8 consecutive starts and posting a 1.01 ERA in that time frame. He will be opposed by a pitcher struggling to find his feet in MLB having given up 5 runs in each of his first two starts in Marco Gonzales. The MArlins have won 9 consecutive games where their starter has been Alvarez and looking at this matchup it could well become 10. Its about time Giancarlo Stanton started hitting bombs again as well - its not long till he is entered in the Home Run Derby after all!! 8 pts Los Angeles Angels (-1.5) to beat Houston Astros 2.10 William Hill 2 pts Los Angeles Angels (-4.5) to beat Houston Astros 5.75 Bet365 This looks a nice spot to play the Angels, we played Garrett Richards last time on the mound against the White Sox and after giving up some 1st inning runs he was excellent and they covered the run line, he has been in really good form earning the win in 5 of his last 6 starts with a 1.49 ERA and is 2-1 this year against Houston. Collin McHugh who goes tonight for Houston has lost 4 straight starts with an ERA of 4.45 in his last 5 trips to the hill, he is walking a lot of hitters and as we know you will pay the price for doing that, Houston come into today having lost 6 in a row and the Angels are chasing the A's at the top of the division and have to be looking to win this quite comfortably 4 pts Detroit Tigers to beat Tampa Bay Rays 2.00 Skybet This really comes down to whose lineup do you trust to generate some offense against a starting pitcher in excellent form. The answer to that question is clearly Detroit. David Price is a Cy Young award winner who has been rounding into form at the perfect time for Tampa this year as the trade deadline approaches and the Rays continue to scuffle into a surprising last place finish (unless Boston continue to plummet of course!!). Porcello has been a pleasant and very necessary surprise for Detroit when you consider the struggles of Verlander and hasnt given up a run in 25 innings. Detroits lineup is stacked particularly in the middle with multi MVP Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez who has over 20 HR this season, Tampa Bay manufacture their offense and are likely to have less opportunities to do that if Porcellos current form continues into Sunday Night Baseball. 4 pts double Miami Marlins (-1.5) & Los Angeles Angels (-1.5) Skybet (pays 5.50) Was really close to playing Toronto to beat Oakland as well but something is holding me back so will leave it at these. Good luck to all who play tonight

3 pts Kansas City Royals to beat Cleveland Indians 2.26 Bet365:( 2 pts Under 7.5 total runs 1.83 Coral:) 2 pts Chicago Cubs to beat Washington Nationals 2.52 Bet365:( 6 pts Miami Marlins to beat St Louis Cardinals 2.00 Paddy Power:loon 4 pts Miami Marlins (-1.5) to beat St Louis Cardinals 2.62 Skybet:loon 8 pts Los Angeles Angels (-1.5) to beat Houston Astros 2.10 William Hill:loon 2 pts Los Angeles Angels (-4.5) to beat Houston Astros 5.75 Bet365:loon 4 pts double Miami Marlins (-1.5) & Los Angeles Angels (-1.5) Skybet (pays 5.50) :clap
Thats much better!!!! 61-81-2 staked 441 pts returns 569.53 pts profit 128.53 pts and still waiting on the result of tonight
4 pts Detroit Tigers to beat Tampa Bay Rays 2.00 Skybet This really comes down to whose lineup do you trust to generate some offense against a starting pitcher in excellent form. The answer to that question is clearly Detroit. David Price is a Cy Young award winner who has been rounding into form at the perfect time for Tampa this year as the trade deadline approaches and the Rays continue to scuffle into a surprising last place finish (unless Boston continue to plummet of course!!). Porcello has been a pleasant and very necessary surprise for Detroit when you consider the struggles of Verlander and hasnt given up a run in 25 innings. Detroits lineup is stacked particularly in the middle with multi MVP Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez who has over 20 HR this season, Tampa Bay manufacture their offense and are likely to have less opportunities to do that if Porcellos current form continues into Sunday Night Baseball.

Thats much better!!!! 61-81-2 staked 445 pts returns 569.53 pts profit 129.53 pts and still waiting on the result of tonight
I bow you for today! Amazing job so far and hope that you will continue in that way!

4 pts Detroit Tigers to beat Tampa Bay Rays 2.00 Skybet:(
61-82-2 staked 445 pts returns 569.53 pts profit 124.53 pts cant win them all I guess, still that brought to an end what was a pretty good nights baseball

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Tampa Bay Rays to beat Kansas City Royals 1.91 Skybet Ok, last night I got the Rays wrong, tonight they welcome the Royals and will face the Rays all time leader in wins for a pitcher James Shields, in his last 4 starts on the road he has been poor (1-1 6.94 ERA) and his last three starts overall have been losses for the Royals - Ned Yost (Royals Manager) described him as being "not exceptionally sharp" for the last 4 starts and the Rays are a team with 3 straight wins and 9 of 11 games won coming into this. Jake Odorizzi is up for the Rays, he was on the losing end when these teams met really early on in the season and Odorizzi struggled at the beginning of the year but has rounded into a bit of form and is 2-0 with a 2.00 ERA the last three starts. With the Royals having scuffled since they went top of the AL Central last month on the back of their win streak, it looks likely that they may come up short against a hot team tonight, certainly I dont think its the coin flip the odds compilers suggest. 3 pts Philadelphia Phillies to beat Milwaukee Brewers 2.07 Bet365 Cole Hamels hits the mound for the Phillies tonight and has been a victim of run support as the sluggish Phillies offense recently as he has pitched well without registering wins. Marco Estrada is pitching for Milwaukee and he continues somehow to give up home runs in his starts but is registering wins regardless, I am not convinced that the Brewers will score that many tonight with Hamels pitching and the potential absence of Ryan Braun in the lineup, so hopefully a home run will be enough for Philly this evening, I certainly dont think they should be odds against even if only slightly in this matchup. 7 pts St Louis Cardinals (-1.5) to beat Pittsburgh Pirates 2.20 William Hill There is a single reason this isnt a max bet and that is a slight distrust of the Cardinals offense, that is also the reason that I havent bought any extra runs and am content to play the standard run line. Adam Wainwright could be pitching the best in baseball of anyone right now (If you throw Kershaw at me I couldnt argue though), he is 3-1 0.93 ERA in five starts and will be opposed by a pitcher who hasnt won in nine starts against these same Cardinals and being in the same division they meet often. Morton has only won twice on the road as well this year so a trip to Busch Stadium must be close to the bottom of his list and a St Louis victory looks very likely here tonight if Wainwright continues in similar form as he has been. 3 pts Miami Marlins to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 2.01 Bet365 If you are a believer in the "nappy factor" when it comes to sports betting then this is a great spot for Miami as Tom Koehler who pitches tonight welcomed his first born into this world last week. If you are not a believer then Miami is still the right play tonight. Koehler has been improving by the start as the season has progressed, he is 2-0 3.86 ERA in his last four road starts and has a 1.89 ERA in his last three starts anywhere. Chase Anderson who opposes for Arizona has lost his last 4 starts with a 5.03 ERA. Miami have won two straight including landing some cash for us last night and I am willing to go back in today. 5 pts Seattle Mariners (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.10 Betfred 2 pts Seattle Mariners (-3.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 4.35 Bet365 Minnesota are in free fall, they have lost face of the franchise Joe Mauer to injury and they have lost the winning habit, 10 of 13 games have ended in defeat. Tonight they send Kevin Correia out to pitch at Safeco field, Correia has been improving after a terrible start to the year but tonights surroundings are not his favourite as his career ERA against Seattle is over 6. Hisashi Iwakuma will oppose for the Mariners and he has achieved excellent results against the Twins in his career, never allowing an earned run and is 4-0 in those 4 starts. The heart of Minnesotas lineup all have poor career numbers against his pitching and he has been excellent this season as well. I dont fully trust this Seattle offense but the price is there to chance it and buy a few runs as well. I have a decision still to make on one other play but suspect I will leave it so good luck all and lets hope for a repeat of last night!!!!

4 pts Tampa Bay Rays to beat Kansas City Royals 1.91 Skybet:( 3 pts Philadelphia Phillies to beat Milwaukee Brewers 2.07 Bet365:) 7 pts St Louis Cardinals (-1.5) to beat Pittsburgh Pirates 2.20 William Hill:) 3 pts Miami Marlins to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 2.01 Bet365:( 5 pts Seattle Mariners (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.10 Betfred:) 2 pts Seattle Marners (-3.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 4.35 Bet365:(
64-85-2 staked 469 pts returns 601.64 pts profit 132.64 pts

Re: Major League Baseball Right well, we got a little lucky last night....long may that continue!! 3pts Kansas City Royals to beat Tampa Bay Rays 1.98 Bet365 2 pts Kansas City Royals (-1.5) to beat Tampa Bay Rays 2.63 Skybet I would just like to get a Rays game correct some time soon!!. I cannot see how you can have two teams priced as evenly as this when you consider Jeremy Hellickson is making his first MLB start of the year following surgery in January. His starts in the minors to prepare him for this have not gone well either (1-4 6.23 ERA in six starts) and his career ERA is north of 6 against these Royals. Jason Vargas has been pitching very well bar his recent hiccup against the Angels but has pitched well on the road and is unbeaten with a 1.52 ERA. His career numbers at Tropicana Field are fairly good as well and taking into account that the Rays have been below their usual standards this year, looking back the Royals have historically had their number winning 13 lf the last 17 games between the teams 4 pts Chicago White Sox to beat Boston Red Sox 2.35 Bet365 2 pts Chicago White Sox (-1.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 3.10 Bet365 I will start by saying that if you cannot score a run with Scott Carroll pitching Boston then you have less chance against John Danks!!. This is another game where the market isnt giving Danks enough credit for his return to form this season and we find him odds against despite having allowed more than two runs one time in his last eight stafts. Brandon Workman is up for the BoSox and shouldnt be odds on against anyone in my opinion. He has lost his last two starts allowing 10 runs and being generally ineffective and his offense is struggling to generate runs. There is clear value on the White Sox side here tonight. 6 pts Seattle Mariners to beat Minnesota Twins 1.89 bet365 3 pts Seattle Mariners (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.63 Skybet 2 pts Seattle Mariners (-3.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 6.00 bet365 Chris Young has gone 3-0 with a 1.44 ERA in his last four starts and is part of why the Mariners have the best record in baseball for the last three weeks despite spotty offense. We were fortunate with the 2-0 win tonight but the struggling Twins lineup faces an uphill battle to put runs on the board again tonight with Young pitching. Minnesota counter with Phil Hughes is slumping with his team mates with an ERA of 8.05 his last three starts as Minnesota are on a 3-11 run things look fairly bleak again tonight. 2 pts Chicago Cubs to beat Cincinnati Reds GAME TWO 2.20 Skybet 1 pts Chicago Cubs (-1.5) to beat Cincinnati Reds GAME TWO 3.00 Skybet Judging by the records in the minor leagues of tonights starting pitchers these prices look off. Now i must confess i cannot recall ever laying eyes on either starter but, Tsuyoshi Wada who goes for Chicago is 9-5 2.66 ERA at triple A this year and David Holmberg who goes in the nightcap for the Reds was 0-4 5.28 ERA. Now the Cubs are not great but with the Reds former MVP Joey Votto injured and the pitchers respective records then the Cubs should be played but small as we dont know that much about either pitcher. Thats the lot for today folks. Good luck to all playing today!

3pts Kansas City Royals to beat Tampa Bay Rays 1.98 Bet365:( 2 pts Kansas City Royals (-1.5) to beat Tampa Bay Rays 2.63 Skybet:( 4 pts Chicago White Sox to beat Boston Red Sox 2.35 Bet365:) 2 pts Chicago White Sox (-1.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 3.10 Bet365:) 6 pts Seattle Mariners to beat Minnesota Twins 1.89 bet365:( 3 pts Seattle Mariners (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.63 Skybet:( 2 pts Seattle Mariners (-3.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 6.00 bet365:( 2 pts Chicago Cubs to beat Cincinnati Reds GAME TWO 2.20 Skybet:( 1 pts Chicago Cubs (-1.5) to beat Cincinnati Reds GAME TWO 3.00 Skybet:(
would have been a profit if the cubbies didnt throw away the 5-0 lead!!! 66-92-2 total staked 494 pts total returns 617.24 pts profit 123.24 pts

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Toronto Blue Jays to beat Los Angeles Angels 2.43 Bet365 2 pts Toronto Blue Jays (-1.5) to beat Los Angeles Angels 3.25 Skybet 1 pts Toronto Blue Jays (-3.5) to beat Los Angeles Angels 6.75 Bet365 This looks a pitching matchup priced on reputation and little else. Marcus Stroman of Toronto has been consistent, with a 2.08 ERA over his last seven starts and a 3-2 record during a period where his team have been scuffling and lost their lead of the AL East. The Angels who have been flying as they chase the Athletics out West send CJ Wilson to the mound tonight, his form has drastically vanished and he has a 6.18 ERA in 8 starts. Even with Edwin ENcarnacion missing this Toronto lineup can hurt you if you make a mistake or do not pitch well, they lead MLB in home runs. Toronto won in May 7-3 when Wilson pitched for the Angels and a number of their lineup have decent numbers against him. I will look for a repeat tonight as I think these prices are too big. 3 pts Kansas City Royals to beat Tampa Bay Rays 2.22 Bet365 2 pts Kansas City Royals (-1.5) to beat Tampa Bay Rays 3.10 Bet365 No, I cant quite believe I am doing this either!, after getting each and every one of the last three Rays games wrong here I am for a fourth consecutive day picking the Rays game. Yordano Ventura, the Royals rookie has been pretty good all year, 4-2 2.52 ERA his last six starts and also winner of 4 out of 6 on the road. Tampa throw Alex Cobb out there tonight and he is 0-2 with a 7.00 ERA against the Royals the last two seasons and has a 5.98 ERA his last 8 starts, Tampa has scored 5 runs over his last two starts however allowing him to emerge victorious, he is clearly not pitching well and that luck must run out eventually so, there is value in Kansas City at odds against.......deja vu. I nearly played San Diego as well but will wait and see if I can get 2.00 or better so may well be back later but not a lot today Good luck everyone

Re: Major League Baseball Ok now its big enough 3 pts San Diego Padres to beat Colorado Rockies 2.10 Bet365 1 pts San Diego Padres (-4.5) to beat Colorado Rockies 6.50 Bet365 Jair Jurrjens is up again tonight and was really bad last time in his return to MLB and had to be admitted to hospital after the game with breathing trouble due to the thin air at altitude. This on top of the 8 runs he allowed. It is the turn of Eric Stults in the Padres rotation who was really good against the Giants last time which hopefully signals a return to form for a pitcher who was having serious struggles not all that long ago. His numbers at Coors Field are not horrific and his last trip was pretty good allowing only two runs. It is always a risk trusting the worst offense in MLB to produce runs but the altitude and Jurrjens will hopefully aid the Padres in this game. That is the lot for today Good luck all