** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Championship Qualifiers 8-16 April

kevshat

The qualifying for the World Championship gets underway on Tuesday with the race for spots at the Crucible likely to be hard earned. Two matches per session are expected to be streamed in all the usual places and I'm sure there will be plenty of coverage this year with a number of huge names having to qualify for the main event. Schedule, draw, format and everything else here --> http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=298

Re: World Championship Qualifiers 8-16 April To qualify previews: 2pts D.Poomjaeng to qualify 6/1 Boylesports Dechawat Poomjaeng had the Crucible crowd eating out of the palm of his hand last season and he’ll be desperate for a return to the Sheffield venue. I happen to think the longer matches work well for him because it can take him a while to get into a rhythm but when he does he scores very well which suits the best of 19 distance perfectly. Doherty is there for the taking in the final qualifying round so at 6/1 the Thai is worth backing to come through his section. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/world-championship-betting-dechawat-poomjaeng-looks-a-big-price-to-qualify 1pt S.Donaldson to qualify 9/1 Boylesports Scott Donaldson heads into these qualifiers in a bit of form having had good runs in the Welsh Open and qualifying for the PTC finals and he looks a good price to come through here. There isn’t a standout player in this section so if Donaldson can continue the form he has shown in recent weeks. Donaldson won’t have played many matches over this distance before but he has beaten players better than the ones he’ll face in this campaign and looks good value at 9/1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/world-championship-betting-scott-donaldson-can-end-his-season-at-the-crucible

Re: World Championship Qualifiers 8-16 April Friday preview: 4pts G.Greene (-2.5 frames) to beat I.Figueiredo 10/11 Boylesports Gerard Greene isn’t the best player in the world but he is in decent form and experience is often a massive virtue in this qualifying tournament because it is the only time all year most of these players will play a match over two sessions. Figueiredo had a good win in the first round but he isn’t going to go a whole lot further with a top break of 42. He is limited anyway so I expect Greene to be too good here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/greene-vs-figueiredo-betting-ptc-grand-final-runner-up-can-ease-past-brazilian

Re: World Championship Qualifiers 8-16 April Saturday preview: 4pts J.Jones to beat A.Mehta 9/10 Boylesports Jamie Jones is effectively freerolling in this tournament now and that makes him a dangerous animal. When push came to shove against Walker he found some excellent breaks under pressure and that should make him feel good about his game. Aditya Mehta enjoyed a brilliant run in the Indian Open earlier in the season but he hasn’t done a huge amount since and he could be in the wrong place at the wrong time here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mehta-vs-jones-betting-jamie-jones-can-go-a-step-closer-to-the-crucible

Re: World Championship Qualifiers 8-16 April I've placed an accumulator with 3 selections for yesterday at evens: Gould, Selt, Lisowski. Don't know what happened with the latter, in the evening session after a 6-3 lead he won only 1 frame :((((

Re: World Championship Qualifiers 8-16 April Tip for today: accumulator with two selections: Cope to win against Borg and McManus against Lines at evens. Borg has two surprizing wins in the previous two rounds, but I think Cope will be too strong for him. Jamie looked very confident yesterday. McManus had some good wins recently, I think he has the better momentum right now and win the match against Peter Lines.

Re: World Championship Qualifiers 8-16 April Both Cope and McManus won :ok My next accumulator (for tomorrow) with two selections looks like this: Back Ian Burns to beat Robin Hull and Martin Gould to beat Igor Figueiredo at 1.96 with Coral Burns qualified confidently against opponents like Patrick and snooker legend Jimmy White. On the other hand beating a rhapsodical player like Pengfei and an old Tony Drago is not the same for me. I see Ian moving to the next round. Gould has much more experience than his Brazilian counterpart and is clearly the better player. I expect and easy win for Martin.

Re: World Championship Qualifiers 8-16 April [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 15 April 2014[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Dale, D v Higginson, A (11:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.08[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Doherty, K v Poomjaeng, D (11:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Dott, G v Wilson, K (11:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Gilbert, D v Robertson, J (11:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.63[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Holt, M v Jones, Jamie (11:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.76[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]King, M v Cope, J (11:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stevens, M v Ford, T (11:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Williams, M v McManus, A (11:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 16 April 2014[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Day, R v Carrington, S (11:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.31[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ebdon, P v Hull, R (11:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Milkins, R v Wasley, M (11:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]97.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]O'Brien, F v Williams, R (11:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.62[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wenbo, L v Gould, M (11:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]White, M v Selt, M (11:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.71 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Woollaston, B v Burnett, J (11:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.67[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.32 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Xiao, Guodong v Li, Yan (11:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.31[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: World Championship Qualifiers 8-16 April Lets have some reasoning with those Bobix ;) Tuesday streamed previews: 4pts M.Williams (-2.5 frames) to beat A.McManus 17/20 Boylesports This is likely to be a close match at the start but I expect Williams to pull away a little bit once he has got into his groove. Williams hasn’t always been getting in from distance in this improved run of form but when he’s been in the balls he has been scoring quite nicely and I expect him to get enough chances to come through here without too many dramas. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/m-williams-vs-mcmanus-betting-mark-williams-can-ensure-his-spot-at-the-crucible 4pts M.Stevens vs T.Ford - Over 16.5 frames 11/10 Coral I think this will be one of the closer matches of the round. Both these men have the talent to grace the big stage but only one of them can do so. Stevens usually brings out his best snooker in these longer format matches while Ford looks in excellent touch at the minute so there is likely to be a lot of quality and a lot of tension around this one. I expect it to be closer than 10-6 either way so over 16.5 frames at odds against looks good to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stevens-vs-ford-betting-expect-this-one-to-turn-into-a-real-battle

Re: World Championship Qualifiers 8-16 April Wednesday previews: 4pts L.Wenbo vs M.Gould - Over 16.5 frames Evs Coral This should be a really good match to watch. Both these guys have a similar style. They both like to get the balls open and attack and neither of them are what you would call competent in the safety department so I expect a lot of high breaks and all out attacking. With both seemingly in good form I expect there to be plenty of mileage in this match so I’m happy to take over 16.5 frames here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wenbo-vs-gould-betting-game-of-the-round-can-be-a-lengthy-affair 4pts P.Ebdon (-1.5 frames) to beat R.Hull 5/6 Unibet Robin Hull has done superbly well to get this far. He has beaten three perfectly capable players to get to this stage but he’s up in class in terms of opponent here. Ebdon may not be in the best form right now but he is a massive battler and will be determined more than ever to win this match and qualify for another shot at the world title. I think he’ll have just too much. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ebdon-vs-hull-betting-ebdon-can-have-too-much-in-final-qualifier

Re: World Championship Qualifiers 8-16 April Sorry kevshat, I did not have time to add some reasoning to my tips :( Anyway, I am pretty surprized by some of these shocking results in the qualies... I fully expected Dott to get through Wilson, he had a great chance going 5-1 in front (he was 16 points ahead in that frame, with only 13 remaining...), but the score became 4-2, then 4-3 instead... I also considered Milkins and Ebdon as main event participants, but they were unable to pass their final test. On the other hand I am not suprized at all by the fact Woolaston, Stevens and Williams were not able to qualify. I cannot wait for the tomorrow draw to see how the schedule will look like :) All the best!